• 3,418 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    "We left with our minds sufficiently blown and still peaking..."

We're headed back to that peak with the newly returned tapes from Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, 11/6/77. The Grateful Dead's last touring show of 1977 finds them going for broke, taking chances on fan favorites like "Jack Straw," "Friend Of The Devil," and "The Music Never Stopped," carving out righteous grooves on a one-of-kind "Scarlet>Fire" and a tremendous "Truckin'." An ultra high energy show, with a first set that rivals the second? Not unheard of, but definitely rare. Hear for yourself...

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 25 features liner notes by Rob Bleetstein, photos by Bob Minkin, and original art by our 2018 Dave's Picks Artist-In-Residence Tim McDonagh. As always, it has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and it is limited to 18,000 individually numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Get one before they are gone, gone, gone.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Diggey
    Default Avatar

If anyone is looking for this or any of this year's Dave's Picks, shoot me a PM. $25 plus shipping. The bonus disk is an additional $25.

• Kate_C.
    Phish tix in the po'box this p.m.; unlike Lockn where I at least feign roughing it in rolling 4 **** accommodations, I've decided my Outback and bricknmortar lodgings will do just fine on what should be an adventurous run from Hampton to Vegas between 10/19 and Halloween Night in Sin City. I'm only taking one show in Rosemont to facilitate a leisurely slog west, to include a one-night cabin rental in Grand Teton before spending another night in SLC (never visited either!). Near-universal wifi and a mobile workstation have revolutionized my quality of life more than quilted toilet paper, hot water heaters, and Trader Joe's Cookie Butter (though none are indispensable at this point). I've got trail running routes mapped along the way in addition to having identified a couple Y's where I can day pass into lap swimming. Happy.
  • Kate_C.
    ...she's what's yer life's been missing. Caution: the related video library is quite nearly addictive as the ETOH in Billy's 64 oz., genetically attached megathermos.
  • Kate_C.
    Technology fosters a certain audiologic pedantry that discounts the practical difficulties of archival transfers. Still, while a bit of the 2-track blues is understandable, Plangent alchemy has affected significant sonic upgrades to existing sources. Portland 74 is a well-known quantity to most, but the Truckin' Jam is a luminescent passage that defies contempt for even acute familiarity. While my favourite GDTRFBs tend to grind like roughly upshifted semi gears in transition from the preceding track, this strong rendition ascends from NFA with deliberate fluidity; also, Keith's bubbly, assertive, sometimes catalystic play makes many first-set standards remarkable. The daughter of the woman who cleans house for me**, age 10, was so entranced by the PNW outer & small wood boxes - suggesting it would make for good jewelry storage - that I gifted it immediately; heck, I was only going to shelve it for the next 50 years (according to actuarial tables), but it's become the center of focus for child - if only for a short bit - who exhibits more enthusiasm than I'll ever muster after unboxing. Still, it's easily the most aesthetically pleasing musical release from top-to-bottom that I've ever seen. Couple disks heading back, but that's been par for the course since the beginning, and I've never had a problem with speedy replacement. **This really isn't saying much in-and-of-itself: in Appalachia, if you've got something then it's implied that you will try to help others, and the most dignified way to do is offering work that you might otherwise undertake yourself. You'd be surprised the difference even a little makes here at altitude. :)
  • Kate_C.
    Rather wondering when someone was going to mention it; I thought it was just ephemera that bore some metaphysical correlation to page 5 of the accompanying text.
  • Kate_C.
    While it's not surprising that tix to the P&F Headcount Benefit Friday at the Apollo tumbled down several echelons of the firm's socioeconomic caste without claim, I still consider their availability a great fortune. Having never visited, attending any performance at that historically significant venue for the (my) first time would have been cause for a bucketlist deduction, but this was clearly special. Though tired, I returned home to discover that 2018's stellar - and costly - box set run would continue with the wish-list-topping (now that Szell is out) release of BOTT material for Dylan's 14th Bootleg installment. Because the amazon.uk page appears to address a Japanese import edition, I shouldn't imagine that the price quoted for this (purportedly) 6-disc release will be as exorbitant for the conventional Euro & US versions./K https://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Blood-Tracks-Bob-Dylan/dp/B07GVXL5DQ/ref=… Shout out to the old Eleven - I miss you guys! :)
  • Born Cross Eye…
    It was lost in the United States Postal Service system.Much frustration with the delay, now turned to joy. The only date I think I see on the label is in the lower section under the 2nd bar code and above the description, which reads: 01/2018. There is also the 3rd of 4 bar codes on the label in that box.
  • boki
    Default Avatar
    'Cats under the stars' & 'The Wheel' mirror
    At first, thanks to all who have been visited my mirrors, mostly XL 'Cats under the stars' mirror listed in cat shop. The mirror is ready for shipping worldwide, you can find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/595957100/cats-under-the-stars-mirror-jerr… I'm working currently on another mirror dedicated to Jerry. It's 'The Wheel' mirror, with the lyrics applied on the back side of the mirror. Hasn't been listed yet, but for Jerrys's birthday I listed psychedelic Jerry's hand made as a wall mirror: https://www.etsy.com/listing/632494283/psychedelic-jerry-garcia-hand-de…
  • wilfredtjones
    BCE got it off of Amazon from recently discovered overstock...
  • icecrmcnkd
    Is that a replacement, or was it ‘lost in the mail’?If replacement, does it have a number?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

"We left with our minds sufficiently blown and still peaking..."

We're headed back to that peak with the newly returned tapes from Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, 11/6/77. The Grateful Dead's last touring show of 1977 finds them going for broke, taking chances on fan favorites like "Jack Straw," "Friend Of The Devil," and "The Music Never Stopped," carving out righteous grooves on a one-of-kind "Scarlet>Fire" and a tremendous "Truckin'." An ultra high energy show, with a first set that rivals the second? Not unheard of, but definitely rare. Hear for yourself...

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 25 features liner notes by Rob Bleetstein, photos by Bob Minkin, and original art by our 2018 Dave's Picks Artist-In-Residence Tim McDonagh. As always, it has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and it is limited to 18,000 individually numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Get one before they are gone, gone, gone.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Always hated him as a player. He is a whiner and a punk. I really do not know many hockey fans outside of Canada and Pittsburgh who like him. He's the modern day Mike Madano. I remember that 2010 goal. Bad angle. Lucky to get it past Ryan Miller. Now he's a hero. I follow the original six teams, except the Rangers and any team from Canadaland. Grew up a Sabres fan, but switched allegiance when Darcy Regier failed to sign Drury and Briere. Then he goes and gives Vanek and absurd contract. Dumbest move of all time. They went from a perennial playoff team to hardly ever making it. Always liked the Red Wings style of play. More European than most. Lots of weaving and passing. Plus they had Datsyuk. Other than Gretzky, he is probably the best hockey player I have ever seen. Yeah, it sucks that after making the playoffs all those years in a row, they are out. Nevertheless, there is nothing quite like playoff hockey. I watch just about every game.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

my freaking goodness...why does it take women so long to "get ready" to leave??? still waiting...I I I'm still waiting... brothers and the occasional sister, please check out the 82 Greek run. You'll be glad you did.
user picture

Member for

6 years 3 months

Going on 30 years myself and in the same boat. Only my wife's a master at flipping the script. After sitting around for an hour while she futzes with her hair, I'll eventually say "Are you ready yet? We're going to be late". To which she invariably responds "I've BEEN ready. I was waiting for YOU."
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

I think that 12/14 may be from the returned Bettys but the 11/17/71 more than likely isn't. The current circulating copy of 11/17 is mislabeled as a Soundboard and has been for years. It's actually an FM broadcast with mic placed in front of the speakers onto a cassette. https://archive.org/details/gd71-11-17.fm.cotsman.10285.sbeok.shnf Go down and read the reviews a little ways. The Taping Compendium says the same thing. I'm that the board has been in the vault the whole time.
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

35 years and 30 years. Good for you guys, I'm impressed. I hit 20. I think she knows me by now. I'm always last minute and she is always early
user picture

Member for

7 years 4 months

Hey gang. Just wanted to log in and remind you that tomorrow is Friday the 13th or "Caution Friday" Cheers, Erik
user picture

Member for

6 years 3 months

Thanks, man. I got lucky. She's a good one. And it's been smooth sailing for the most part too. We laugh a lot together, always have, despite life's persistent curve-balls. I think that's been a real blessing for both of us.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 11 months

I was waiting for the new Dave's Pick page but it's been bugging me... Why choose 2 shows from the same era with virtually the same sequence in the 2nd set JAM? (11/17 & 12/14)... One might think that they might throw us the dark star (Dark Star>Deal!) from 12/15 for the sake of variety. Also I'm unaware which set from Ann Arbor is going to be included a la carte and which set for the bonus Disc. I was underwhelmed by Dave Picks 22 bonus disc. These Bonus Discs usually include a jam/something sought after or special but last year it was first set material and pretty ho-hum. I wonder what they're planning this year in regards to that split. Does anyone know? Can't wait
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

I think you are right 12-14 is from the returned Betty's(it is on the list) and 11-17 has been in the vault. 11-17 will be the huge up-grade here. re: Cactus_Jack "Also I'm unaware which set from Ann Arbor is going to be included a la carte" That would be set 2 bro.
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

But I grew up in Pittsburgh. Saw some Pens games and a sweet Monster Truck show at Ye Olde Civic Arena, but never the Dead. I knew some Crosby hate would come out when I posted that. I get that all the time from my Red Wings friends. I'm usually too busy shopping online for championship merch to pay it much mind. Was any of yinz guys at the Civic Arena show in 89 when riots broke out? Must be some wild stories there. Probably different than the ones I heard from my Uncle, Sgt. Deadguy of the Pittsburgh police.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Arguably the best sports talk show out there. Michael Wilbon called out Crosby as a whiner on the show tonight. Too funny. Cries to the refs when he gets hit, but has no problem slashing off Methot's finger.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Damn good. Couple of moments with some real punch.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 5 months

re: Denis' acknowledgement: yes sir, Jimmy Smith is THE MAN who conquered and popularized and just plain killed it on B3, brining it out of the juke joints and clubs and roller rinks (dug your story Denis, wish I could have seen that scene) and into serious jazz circles (all while maintaining the best and gresiest vibes of what those previous places had to offer). See Groovin' at Small's Paradise and his Blue Note stuff, especially anything with Stanley Turrentine and Kenny Burrell, Prayer Meetin', Back at the Chicken Shack, Midnight Special. A once-in-a-lifetime and highly influential talent. For other classic jazz B3ers, many of whom could really walk those pedals, see: Brother Jack Mc Duff, Larry Young (who took it in a whole other direction), Groove Holmes, Johnny Hammond (Smith), Charles Earland, Big John Patton, Melvin Rhyne, Freddie Roach, Don Patterson, and to some degree Jimmy McGriff, Shirley Scott (awesome in conjunction with her husband Stanley Turrentine mentioned above ,or with Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis), Rhoda Scott, underrated Frenchman Eddy Louiss, and a million others I'm not remembering at the moment. Many other contemporaries are keeping the instrument alive as well: Joey DeFrancesco (who unabashedly claims Jimmy Smith as his primary influence and can really get down live, or anywhere else); a guy from the midwest, Tony Monaco, who absolutely smokes live as well; a kick-ass NYC player orginally from Japan named Akiko Tsuruga, and still rockin' it, Chris Foreman, out of Chicago, who also happens to be blind; Jared Gold, Sam Yahel, Larry Goldings, and Gary Versace, who all come a bit more from the Larry Young side of things; and finally, Dr. Lonnie Smith, who is awesome live, legendary almost to the Jimmy Smith degree, not a doctor (except of groove) and for the last 20-30 years has worn a turban for no definable reason. ...wait, where are we? oh yeah, a Grateful Dead message board. So, I'm at the moment making another run through the Austin '71 RT and man is this sweet. Setlist, execution, jams and that undefinable liquidy smoothness that makes up a lot of what I enjoy about my favorite years of '72, '73. If the new DP shows are anything like this, and with divine messengers like Doc pushin' us to the light, I just might become a big '71 fan yet.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Midnight Special, 1960. Talk about hanging out down low... man, these cats had groove. Donald Fagen turned me onto 'Gets Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi,' but this takes it, right up there with 'Round Midnight and Kind of Blue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBo870lVUyc Tommy Bolin and Roy Buchanan... two unholy sons of bitches on the guitar. You can just hear the soul bursting out of these people, and wonder how they lasted as long as they did. \m/
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

Thanks for the reminder Erik ( because I did forget)
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

About half way through the Jam it sort of sounds like you are listening to Santana
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

Enjoy it while you can, because the Pen’s success won’t last forever. And if Vguy gets his way, the GK’s will win the Cup, solely due to the strong play of Tatar, who the dumbass Red Wings management traded away. Anyway, Dead Guy Ale is what I pee out after drinking Hopslam :)
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

:)))
user picture

Member for

6 years

Bill Crosby.... you got to get the Jell-O pudding you see mah ha ha ha haa with the hippin and the boppin and the brain damage
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

We're coming up on the 40th anniversary of The Closing of Winterland: Grateful Dead 12/31/78 + guests. I'm trying to make this night complete by adding a recording of New Riders of the Purple Sage's set.I have GD: The Closing of Winterland(GDCD78055) 4 CD set (12/2003) + The Blues Brothers set (RVCD2076 bootleg The Closing Of Winterland 31 December 1978) a KSAN-FM broadcast recording (1 CD) I have yet to find a good soundboard or FM recording of the New Riders of the Purple Sage set of this evenings event. The only other two NRPS shows I have are: 12/31/71, an FM recording, and 08/27/72 the official release of their opening set for the GD. (KUF 0088) Can someone help me out by pointing me in the right direction as I believe I've looked almost everywhere trying to track this recording down. An audience recording won't do, but I'd consider a matrix recording.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I haven't got the NRPS set from 12/31/78, or from any other show they played with The Dead come to that. I was thinking, though, that it would make a nice addition if one of their sets could be included with an official Dead release. Or any of the other bands who played the at same show as The Dead. The Allmans are the obvious choice, but also, from earlier on Quicksilver Messenger Service- an incendiary band.
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

You brought up 4-15-70. I had forgotten about that one. I think I gave it a cursory listen when I first bought it; but I don't remember much about it. Its gonna jump in my rotation along with my April 71 college tour. Mmmmmm . . . Hopslam. Have you tried Old Nation M43? Similar style, a BIG IPA that's hoppy AF but with a rich body to stand up to it. Unlike say, Dark Horse Crooked Tree, which I don't really like, all piney hops. Mrs. Deadguy insists that she waits around for me more than I wait for her. But that's only because while I'm waiting for her I pour myself a beer, and put on a record, and then of course I don't wanna leave until the beer, and the side, are both finished. I HATE stopping music in the middle of a track. That's like blowing the whistle on a breathtaking Yvgeni Malkin breakaway.
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Goodness.. I really like that show. Why they quit playing It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World.. I will never know. I listened to a good bit of 4/12/70 Fillmore West on TIGDH last night on the way back from a local river.. another Man's World.. but not nearly as good as 4/15. There are still some 1970 gems in the cannon. Free the 1970 Reels!! I am a little disparaged seeing all the negative press about my dear Uncle Sidney. I have, after all, one of his kidneys.. he immediately offered the second he found out I was having trouble. Each year he donates bone marrow to needy children on my block. I guess my own experiences created a bias and I could not see the monster he truly is. ..but as I don't follow professional sports, you guys clearly see a side I never see.. I should probably just return it and replace with one of those black market, Eastern European ones I keep seeing on EBay.. as I trust you guys implicitly. Calling my trusty Urologist at UPMC now.. Edit: Here are all the known shows with Man's World. 04/09/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 04/10/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 04/11/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 04/12/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 04/15/70- Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA 05/02/70- Harpur College - Binghamton, NY 06/05/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 06/07/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 07/12/70- Fillmore East - New York City, NY 08/18/70- Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA 09/18/70- Fillmore East - New York City, NY I was curious of the evolution as 4/15 sounded much tighter than 4/12.. I can see 9/18 getting the Full Norman at some point, that could be our next release from 1970. There are also tapes for many of these Fillmore West shows from that year. Finally.. I don't have a copy of the NRPS 12/31/1978 but did find this following interesting which at least touches on the performance. http://lostlivedead.blogspot.com/2011/12/grateful-dead-new-years-eve-op…
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

I saw Malkin get a hat trick against the Thrashers years ago. Haven’t had Old Nation. Will look for it next time I’m in the mitten state.
user picture

Member for

11 years

Another Hammond tonewheel grand master, check out Bruce Katz, he and his band are touring this spring in the east. Bruce played with Les Brers, Butch Trucks, the Greg Allman Band and a huge host of others. He attended and later taught at Berklee, is from Baltimore. In a chance meeting with Bruce at the Rockland Maine Blues Festival a couple years ago, discussing the GOGD, we discovered we were both at the March 26, 1973 Dead show at the Baltimore Civic Center, the Wolfman Jack show.
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Check out the bio, Roy Buchanan: American Axe. And there's an archival release coming out, Roy Buchanan at Town Hall, featuring two sets from NYC, Nov 1974. Hot stuff. As for NRPS, they sell a number of excellent shows from 1972-73. But no 12/31/78 -- way too late for my tastes. They were seriously hot in '72-'73 when I saw them the most. Great band!
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Did someone mention Box Set Announcement? Summer 1973 Complete? Where did you get that, Relix? oh... just a 40' tall Hockey Jersey for some team that skates on ice on one of the hottest places on earth... We've all seen that before.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

Hey, my hopeful assumption guess is as good a GUESS as the constant chatter for 1973 box set...don't worry I'm sure the box set will be from the 1970s(not including 1979).
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Did someone say Greeks?? What a way to start the weekend! Is anyone fond of the 88 Greeks? The reason I mention it is.. I always thought those recordings were very good for the era. Had the tapes on cassette almost immediately after the show and listened to the hell out of them. Have a great weekend all.. kiss your wife/husband, dance a jig, enjoy Spring, live large.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night." I give up ..... have a great weekend everyone, good luck on Monday getting a copy of Dave's Picks if you don't have one from the subscription!!! bob t
user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

new shirt to coinside with tha nu box
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

I've been getting a vibe the next box will be 7/27 - 8/1/73. Just a vibe.Imagine that 8/1/73 Star in full glory!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Looks like a photo-shop of a refrigerator magnet you can get on E-Bay. Suspicious...
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....The Greek is in Berkeley. edit. I posted this in between the 1st and 2nd overtime periods in the Knights/kings game. ONWARD!....
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

If indeed it's a Berkeley Box. I would love 7/82 or 6/85, both peak runs in their respective years, and 7/84 has that (tepid) Dark Star. But 8/21 and 22/72 are iconic second sets in my tape-collecting history. What a great box 8/21, 22, 24/72 would be! as for Pigpen, he's spoken of as in the band but sick and at home. Missing reels amongst the returned Betty's perhaps? 72, 82, and 85 setlists below: 8/21/72 One The Promised Land [2:53]; He's Gone [8:06] ; Black Throated Wind [6:21]; Friend Of The Devil [3:31] ; Jack Straw [4:43] ; China Cat Sunflower [5:51] > I Know You Rider [4:49]; Me And My Uncle [3:03]; Sugaree [6:40] ; Beat It On Down The Line [3:03]; Stella Blue [7:06] ; Playing In The Band [12:54] ; Brown Eyed Women [4:37] ; Mexicali Blues [3:25]; Casey Jones [#4:53] Two Greatest Story Ever Told [5:08] ; Ramble On Rose [5:55] ; Dark Star [26:51] > El Paso [4:32] > Space [3:35] > Deal [4:34] ; Sugar Magnolia [7:23] ; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo [7:25] ; Uncle John's Band [5:55] ; One More Saturday Night [4:34] 8/22/72 One Bertha [#5:11] ; Greatest Story Ever Told [4:51] ; Loser [6:40] ; Black Throated Wind [%6:27] ; Bird Song [9:57] ; Beat It On Down The Line [3:03] ; Tennessee Jed [06:37] ; Me And My Uncle [3:13] ; Friend Of The Devil [3:35] ; Playin' In The Band [15:%41] ; He's Gone [8:30] ; Promised Land [2:47] Two Brown Eyed Women [5:02] ; Mexicali Blues [3:34] ; Truckin' [9:56] > Drums [2:24] > The Other One [29:56] > Stella Blue [8#;50] ; El Paso [4:42] ;Ramble On Rose [6:16] ; Not Fade Away [6:01] > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad [5:51] > Hey Bo Diddley [4:09] > Not Fade Away [0:57# 8/24/72 One The Promised Land [2:58] ; Sugaree [6:43] ; Jack Straw [5:51] ; China Cat Sunflower [7:09] > I Know You Rider [4:49] ; Me And My Uncle [3:02] ; Bird Song [9:12] ; Beat It On Down The Line [3:05] ; Tennessee Jed [7:31] ; Playing In The Band [15:04] ; Casey Jones [5:47] Two Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo [6:50] ; Mexicali Blues [3:21] ; Brown Eyed Women [4:43] ; Truckin' [9:01] ; Dark Star [27:14] > Morning Dew [13:00] ; Sugar Magnolia [7:52]; Ramble On Rose [6:19] ; Greatest Story Ever Told [5:17] ; Sing Me Back Home [9:55] ; One More Saturday Night [4:30] Encore Uncle John's Band [7:11] 5/21/82 One Bertha [6:35] > Greatest Story Ever Told [3:50] ; Friend Of The Devil [8:44] ; Me And My Uncle [2:55] > Big River [5:09] ; Bird Song [10:45] > C C Rider [7:27] ; Althea [7:47] ; Looks Like Rain [7:35] ; Might As Well [4:01] Two Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > Drums > Space > The Wheel > Playing In The Band > Black Peter > Sugar Magnolia Encore Don't Ease Me In 5/22/82 One Jack Straw [5:01] > Sugaree [11:02] ; Cassidy [5:39] ; Tennessee Jed [8:01] > New Minglewood Blues [7:22] ; Cumberland Blues [5:33] ; Lazy Lightnin' [3:27] > Supplication [6:25] ; Deal [6:34] Two China Cat Sunflower [6:51] > I Know You Rider [5:28] > Man Smart (Woman Smarter) [6:21] ; Never Trust A Woman [5:51] ; Lost Sailor [6:25] > Saint Of Circumstance [6:40] > He's Gone [10:#33] > Drums > Space [9:19] > Not Fade Away [10:05] > Wharf Rat [8:28] > Around And Around [3:48] > Good Lovin' [8:31] Encore U.S. Blues 5/23/82 One Shakedown Street [13:00] > The Promised Land [4:03] ; They Love Each Other [7:52] ; Mama Tried [#2:10] > Mexicali Blues [4:22] ; Loser [6:48] > Little Red Rooster [7:34] ; Ramble On Rose [6:54] ; Let It Grow [11:11] Two Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Samson And Delilah [7:00] ; Ship Of Fools [7:35] ; Estimated Prophet [11:38] > Eyes Of The World [6:55] > Jam (1) [1:49] > Drums [9:59] > Space [6:23] > The Other One [12:31] > Stella Blue [7:33] > I Need A Miracle [4:31] > Casey Jones [5:19] Encore (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [6:20] > Brokedown Palace [5:22] 6/14/85 One Dancing In The Street ; West L.A. Fadeaway ; C C Rider ; Peggy-O ; Hell In A Bucket ; Keep On Growing ; Stagger Lee ; Let It Grow > Deal Two Morning Dew > Playing In The Band > China Doll > Drums > Space > Truckin' > Smokestack Lightnin' > Comes A Time > Sugar Magnolia Encore Keep Your Day Job 6/15/85 One Touch Of Grey ; New Minglewood Blues ; Friend Of The Devil ; Cassidy ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Me And My Uncle > Big River > Might As Well Two China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance ; Terrapin Station > Drums > Space > The Wheel > Gimme Some Lovin' > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away Encore She Belongs To Me ; U.S. Blues 6/16/85 One In The Midnight Hour > Bertha ; Walkin' Blues ; Tennessee Jed ; My Brother Esau ; Big Railroad Blues ; Looks Like Rain ; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo ; The Promised Land Two Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain > Samson And Delilah ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical > Drums > Space > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > I Need A Miracle > Wharf Rat > Turn On Your Lovelight Encore Brokedown Palace
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Morning, rockers!!! Sabbatical yes, but I couldn't resist. 4/14/71 has been one of my "crusades" (along with 11/17 and 12/5) for years........... https://archive.org/details/gd1971-04-14.132543.sbd.mathews.reel.wise.f… A powerful and deep show, wonderfully designed and perfectly executed by the Dead, crackling with energy, a supernova of a show that blows away almost everything else played that month. How did they do it? Did they all drop acid? I’ll even ignore the fact that there are only two Pigpen tunes. The band is on fire, every tune here works, cosmic reflections of all that was good and pure about the Dead’s music that month. Rocking all over the place, with wonderful slices of soul and psychedelia, on this night everything the Dead touches turns to gold and pure bliss. Somehow, some way, on April 41 1971, in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, the Dead played a show for the ages……… You know where to find me............... Rock on my fellow rockers! Are you ready for 11/17????? Doc P.S. IMHO, 11/17 was probably not in the vault until recently, if it had been it almost certainly would have leaked out, especially given the poor quality of the one circulating, non-line recording that we've had to deal with for 30+ years..........
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

"There is nothing like a new Dave's Picks" I know that is supposed to be Grateful Dead Concert, but We don't have them anymore. So , the next best thing? Hi Doc, sure you like this one. Jim
product sku