• 2,395 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    The unexpected return of the masters of the Grateful Dead's triumphant show at the Albuquerque Civic Auditorium, November 17, 1971, yields great rewards. The Dead came in HOT for their first New Mexico show. Aided by clarity and precision and abetted by confidence and focus, they finessed old standards with definitive takes. With Keith now blending in seamlessly on keys, the first set offered up a triple shot of electric Blues, an exceptional "You Win Again," and a stellar "One More Saturday Night" to wrap things up. And the second set, well, it might just be unlike any you've ever heard. Archivist David Lemieux urges you to turn it up and do it loudly. We won't dare spoil all the surprises, but pay special attention to the rippin' "Sugar Magnolia," the aggressively monstrous "The Other One," and the highly-danceable "Not Fade>GDTRFB>Not Fade." Rounding out the 3CDs, you'll find selections from Pigpen's return tour at Ann Arbor, MI, 12/14/71. Subscribers will get nearly all of the complete show as this year's bonus disc.

As always, Dave's Picks Volume 26 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the original analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman and is limited to 18,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Diggey
    Default Avatar

If anyone is looking for this or any of this year's Dave's Picks, shoot me a PM. $25 plus shipping. The bonus disk is an additional $25.

• cheyler196
    Default Avatar
    I was wondering what the solution might be to this problem. If the bonus disc came with the edits necessary to re-assemble the show in the correct running order, it would be difficult to listen to it 'as-is'. Re-assembling the show from the disc as-released also makes for difficult listening. Listening to the show out-of-sequence is OK but not optimum. The only real solution is to make the files available digitally. Give a unique one-use download code to each purchaser and allow the download of the files with the necessary edits. Given the limited nature of the releases and the speed at which they sell out, this couldn't possibly affect sales and would definitely reduce the complaining.
  • alvarhanso
    What a fantastic show and fantastic recording! Combine this and DaP 21 4/2/73, and Rex has two of the best sounding tapes released. And the performance matches the pristine recording here more than 21, IMO. The Other One (both halves) have great jams, Wharf Rat is a strong '71 version, NFA> GDTRFB> NFA is ridiculously raucous, and we get almost an entire other show as a bonus! This is the Pick of the year for me so far. 25 is a good show with three truly great renditions of songs, the first two, and second set closer, otherwise a good show. This show SMOKES and the bonus is a good show; the best aspect of it is the side by side comparison one has for Keith lineup and Keith and Pig, with nearly identical setlist choices.
  • Mind-Left-Body
    This is a great recording.
  • Born Cross Eye…
    This thread is quieting down after the announcements of the North West Pacific 73-74 box and Dave's Picks 27. I suspect it be removed from public view like the threads for Dave's Picks 17 thru 24 have been taken down, away from public view.Yet, at this posting I can read the threads for DaP 13 - 16. Why?
  • icecrmcnkd
    I’ll need some L-Dopa, 5-HT, NE, and BDNF to process
  • Born Cross Eye…
    Well, I was wrong as were the 70's *mafia*
    I don't recall seeing any calls for an 80's show on these two comment boards - this DaP 26 or the NW '73 - '74 box comments boards. Oh well, no big deal. I used to have this 9/2/83 as an audience tape set and a fine one to boot. I got rid of it (and many other GD tapes) when I was downsizing in the mid 2000's during a move from one domicile to another. A very good show, if I recall correctly.
  • mbarilla
    F%CK YES The GODS have spoken September 2, 1983 excited for this release and a few in particular LLR ~ Deal plus Estimated Eyes and Throwing Stones, really all of it but especially interested in these a few weeks back i pulled out Dicks Picks 6 Smoking hot "They LOve Each Other" ~ Estimated Eyes this one is going to be a HEATER , time for a stroll with Mary Jane cool cover art for number 27, number 26 was awesome artwork too , looks great while sun was sinking low
  • Mr. Jack Straw
    Default Avatar
    http://www.dead.net/store/music/new-releases/daves-picks-volume-27
  • mbarilla
    Would love a show from this year, if the Rhinos go with 1983 performance I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10.17.83 from Lake Placid, New York 1983 - 1984 release would be near the top of my request list , March and April have some gems
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

The unexpected return of the masters of the Grateful Dead's triumphant show at the Albuquerque Civic Auditorium, November 17, 1971, yields great rewards. The Dead came in HOT for their first New Mexico show. Aided by clarity and precision and abetted by confidence and focus, they finessed old standards with definitive takes. With Keith now blending in seamlessly on keys, the first set offered up a triple shot of electric Blues, an exceptional "You Win Again," and a stellar "One More Saturday Night" to wrap things up. And the second set, well, it might just be unlike any you've ever heard. Archivist David Lemieux urges you to turn it up and do it loudly. We won't dare spoil all the surprises, but pay special attention to the rippin' "Sugar Magnolia," the aggressively monstrous "The Other One," and the highly-danceable "Not Fade>GDTRFB>Not Fade." Rounding out the 3CDs, you'll find selections from Pigpen's return tour at Ann Arbor, MI, 12/14/71. Subscribers will get nearly all of the complete show as this year's bonus disc.

As always, Dave's Picks Volume 26 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the original analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman and is limited to 18,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I think I would go along with your comment about how this version surpasses other versions by a wide margin. I would also say, though, that the The Other One and Dancing in the Street played on May 2nd 1970 have similar stature in relation to respective other versions. I can't think of a single version of either song that comes close to the ones played at that show.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I've just bought it on Amazon. I think I paid about the price it was going for in the stores. Its not cheap-what price perfection?
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Dave, Glad you grabbed a cooy. When I got home the kids didn't know what they were. I explained that they were records that needed to be played on a turntable. They got all excited. "I've always wanted an old fashioned turntable!" O.K., but it's expensive. "Who cares. They're cool." Who knew. Thanks for the info on the Buckleys. So sad that both father and son checked out early.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....if any of you are wanting a DeadBase 50, i just got an email from Amazon. 50% off for three days only. Use promo code 50DEAD420 at checkout. $45 bucks!!! I would jump all over it if i didn't already have one.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Somebody once wrote that the Road Trips WoS China Rider was close to DP 12 ( and went as far as to say that it was either the China cat or the rider that was actually better on the Road Trips release). I don't know him well enough to choose between them. As far as the Other One goes, you can't really compare pre and post hiatus; however, I would say that the Other One from Dick's Picks 18 is surpassed by no other post Hiatus version. I can't think of too many pre Hiatus versions I would pick before it either, except May 2, 1970. There's also that killer from Grateful Dead 30 Trips Around The Sun 1970 (Winterland 4/15) where they go into Santana mode. But I'll tell you what the most underrated version of the Other One is (complete with Encryptical Envelopment): Three From The Vault. This show gets kind of overlooked, I think, because a lot of songs are in their infancy. But The Other One is a long time staple at this point, and it's the first time getting the treatment with just Billy. Absolutely fantastic (and followed up with the second word for at which also kicks ass).
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....weren't you in the market for a DeadBase?
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Record Store Day! Yea! The best part of vinyl, to me, is the half-second or so of anticipation when the needle drops, and all you hear is the ambient sound of the vinyl, before the track actually begins. That warm sound of thick air... what Bob wanted. Thanks to you dudes for putting out that amazon code for the cheap-ass Deadbase 50. Just ordered one up myself. Current listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTnO56AFS0 \jm/
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

:)))
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

fascinating listen. a transition between early 1960s and The Sixties. A radio friendly sounding production, with psychedelia hints and Jack Cassidy's phenomenal bass. Their next album Surrealistic Pillow is _Psychedelic_. as is After Bathing at Baxters and Crown of Creation and Bless It's Pointed Little Head
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Has anyone ever watched this, Mannish Boy from Buddy Guy's Checkerboard Lounge when the Rolling Stones were touring back in 1981, (Still Life tour i think). On you tube... amazing!!!! Listened to Dick's Picks 30 with Bo Diddley and wanted more!!! Watch it wow... bob t
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Yes, I've watched that dvd of The Stones playing with Muddy Waters at The Checkerboard- a great gig. Another great blues performance is Champagne and Reefer from the Martin Scorsese film Shine A Light, when The Stones are joined on stage by Buddy Guy. This was from about 2007. Its a Stones gig, but Buddy's the one to watch.
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

thanks for the recommendation!!! i will watch that one also!!! bob t
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

Thanks for the heads up. I will soon be the proud owner of Deadbase 50.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

I don’t own a turntable but was able to get a copy of 2-27-69.Now I need to buy a turntable. And since I’m going to be buying a turntable, I also bought Dark Side of the Moon and Animals on 180g vinyl. Currently playing 6-26-74 China/Rider.... I have that Muddy Waters - Stones DVD.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Yeah, I got that Muddy/Stones thing, there's been a cd/dvd out for years. It's cool, Muddy is hella excited the Rolling Stones have taken over his stage. \m/
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Well went to one of the three stores in my area. It was good, I have been there before but it was interesting to sort of relive going to Camelot at the mall, or better the 3 independent stores that operated in the 70's and 80's. None of the 3 stores that participated today were around back then and conversely the older stores closed. Shows the cycle of vinyl for sure. Interesting thing is I met a nice younger female who was one of the fellas official photographers from the late 80's until the end. Next weekend we have our annual arts festival. She is going to be having an exhibit at the local civic center which will be on display starting with the festival and going for a month. I told her I would stop in. She has over 1 million images she is trying to get digitized, wow. Oh yeah, and she is cute! I will let you know if she has any images folks might want. I know one of hers I have seen many times of Jer in 92 at Giants stadium, great shot of the captain. Edit: Oh yeah, actually saw a hippy bus headed the other way on the freeway. Went to the local hippy hangout for some togo food. I was wearing my NYE86 shirty and had my old aviator sunglasses on. A 20 year old female stopped me and sad, "love the glasses. You look like Jerry Garcia." Which is the 5th person to tell me that in the last month. One other waiter said I look like Mandy Patinkin from Homeland (and of course big broadway star.) I guess the old grizzled look is working for me. This young lady was fun to talk to. Edit2: Also picked up Blue Wild Angel, Jimi at Isle of White, $5. Didnt even know that existed, tomorrow should be fun!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

For subscribers to Dave's Picks especially, I think we all have our personal wish list. In Dave's video for the upcoming DP #26 (can't wait to hear the Albuquerque, NM show, I've only heard bits of it in rough quality as well and the Hill Auditorium-Ann Arbor, MI bonus gig is an all-time '71 classic that I can't wait to hear remastered) he really threw out some bait (but no concrete hints) about big projects to come later this year. I try to listen to a show every day from the day's date, so last month I was hitting a lot of East Coast Spring Tour gigs from '73 and holy hell do the two gigs from Uniondale, NY (Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum) on March 16th and 19th deserve to be released! They are both simply mind-blowing...In my opinion more so than 3/28 (which IS a very solid gig) which was chosen by Dave for DP #16. March '73 is packed with heavy hitters that are more than worthy of release such as the two Uniondale shows (3/16 & 3/19), the wicked Baltimore gig on 3/26, and the way over-looked show in Buffalo on 3/31. One could even argue 3/22 in Utica, NY and 3/24 in Boston are also up there. But the two Uniondale gigs in particular are two serious lost gems just begging the Norman "treatment" and a chance to be released. A two show mini-box set would be so rad! If you have 3/16 & 3/19/73 and maybe haven't listened to them in a while do yourself a favor and do so. In my mid they are two of the greatest gigs of the year! On another note, all of you '81-'82 lovers out there, I sympathize. I also hope we get a nice Dave's Pick from '81-'82 or even better a box set (as stoltzfus noted with a big smile '82 Red Rocks, 7/29 in particular, would be rad, or 4/18/82, 5/21-23/82, 8/3/82, 8/6/82, 8/10/82, 10/9-10/82, 10/17/82, 12/30-31/82). There is SO much great material from that period. I'm quite positive Dave is more than well aware of this and we'll all be satisfied in the near future! I think when dealing with the 80's and 90's in general it's a bit tricky though, as so many of those shows are widely available in high quality and circulated heavily among traders as technology grew and became more economical. With Dave's Picks it seems ONE of the principle goals is to unleash quality gigs which may have slipped through the cracks or were not widely available. This factor may make it a bit more challenging when it come to choosing gigs from the 80's. However, obviously rarity is not always a factor with Dave's Picks as with Binghamton, NY Nov. '77 or Eugene, OR Jan. '78, two shows which are legendary (and circulated heavily albeit in low quality or not complete) amongst Dead fanatics, but which were missing from the Vault. Their return however, was reason enough for celebratory release and allowed the perfect opportunity to make these well-known but previously officially unreleasable shows available to us. Undoubtedly there will be a release(s) from the early 80's soon, I believe. It only stands to reason. Until then though (if the reels are available) I'll have my fingers crossed for my latest dream release: "Ways & Means: Uniondale, NY March 16 & 19, 1973". A two-gig, six disc set featuring two of 73's finest and often overlooked gems...
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Agreed on more '73. Phenomenal Dead. Totally agree Jefferson Airplane Takes Off. Love that 65-66 sound!
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

I've read good reviews on Rega and Marantz. Any thoughts from folks who own a turntable?
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I'm with you, Evelyn2003. The whole Spring tour (in fact the whole year) from 2003 is worthy. In addition to the Nassau and Baltimore you mention.. the Spectrum is no slouch either. I honestly cannot pick a favorite from that tour, it's always the last one I listened to that reigns supreme. What a great day.. on with the night.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

....for the promo code! Just got an early Father's Day present!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....I may not be able to pass the bong, but I can pass the promo codes. I'm guessing I passed the bong to Jim, cause he's talking about some 2003 Spring Tour that must have been stealth....Go Leafs!!
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I'm innocent of all charges. Innocent, I say. I've always been high on that part of the Spring '73 tour. By that part.. I mean all of it. RIP Mini Me. Edit: See my JimInMD GofundMe page. Need six dollars for bail.
user picture

Member for

6 years

I myself decided to play the first Fill More West show. its better than what I remember last time. probly cuz I decided to quit facebook this week. and I feel way better. I can actually focus and listen and enjoy music. if anyone bothered to scan individual art from the box set let me know. i'm talking about the magenta, black, green and brown cd holders. I don't know how and my box set has kind of taken a beating spilled a little driblet of beer on the back of one the cd holders and box set slip cover. also agree on some more '73. I think I like Kid Candelario's recording the most. I'm glad I actually snagged the '73 box set even at a time when I thought '73 was poopy and the Dave's Picks. should've got the Road Trips one.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

Always get a demonstration before you buy, and you will need to make sure that you have the correct phono input on your amplifier for an MM or MC cartridge.Many modern amplifiers do not have this so you may need to buy an additional Phono Pre Amplifier and an extra pair of interconnecting leads, happy listening.
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

Another Record Day has passed and I am sure a "bunch" of you went out and got a few Lp's. I does my heart good to see posts by people who are getting into vinyl. After reading thousands of articles/posts/reviews on the pros and cons of vinyl vs digital it is clear that both are...wonderful. The difference with vinyl is that you are more engaged with the whole music process. The covers, cleaning the record(s), choosing a turntable/cartridge...and on and on. A much different thing than just sliding a screen, with your finger, and hitting another screen and then play.Obviously, Lp's are more a "labor of love" for music. I think is is safe to say that when one wants a vinyl experience that they are ready to sit and......listen to the music vs having it on as backround music. Anyway...I hope all of you got your dead box yesterday. I am VERY much looking forward to sitting down and fixing a nice cold beer...and putting the needle down on the first groove. Long live Record Day!! Mr. Pete-----------> aging hippie
user picture

Member for

7 years 9 months

I have an Audio-Technica LP 60 which is quite swell and not a ton of money. (It was under $150 if I recall). My millennial hipster friend at work thinks its really cool. Also I've heard about a "Crosby" brand unit which is supposed to sound really great but for some weird reason everybody hates it.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I like the early Jefferson Airplane as well-the two hit singles and Bathing At Baxters are the stand outs for me. After that, I have always liked the albums Paul Kantner cut with Grace Slick and assorted West Coast luminaries. Blows Against The Empire is great-especially the second side of the old album-which features some of the best guitar playing Jerry ever laid down in a studio. The follow up, Sunfighter is also great. And Baron Von Tolbooth and the Chrome Nun, which came out in 1973, has the original song, Mind Has Left You Body, which provided the basis for the Dead jam of the same name. As if you didn't know. All three are worth checking out.
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

I thought I Might as Well and got one too........
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

That was before Mickey left. (his picture is on the cover)
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I had to do a double-take. It listed songs like Mississippi River (which was actually Sitting on Top of the World), West Texas (which was El Paso). It had horrible sound when you hit the play button. 64 Dead.. yep.. you didn't miss anything.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

In retrospect, I reckon my clues for this one were pretty easy to decipher. The Muppets clip...pretty obvious, huh? Enjoy this wonderful new release of a purposely misplaced tape in all its non-Normanized glory! Snap 'em up, kids, because this beauty should sell out in record time!
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Terrapin Moon - Saw your comment about '73 and noticed you say you "should've got the Road Trips one" - I'm not sure if you are aware that Real Gone Music is re-releasing the Road Trips series in reverse order. I just picked up the Road Trips Vol. 4 No. 3 from Denver '73 myself as I had passed on it when it came out. I missed a few of the other Road Trips releases that I am planning to pick up, in particular I can't wait to pick up the Vol. 3 No. 3 from 5/15/70 at the Fillmore East. So far the re-releases have been priced at about $40-45 on amazon, although they are listed slightly higher initially. Definitely agree with your high regard for the Kidd Candelario recordings from '73, I am fond of those as well. At some point recently I went through the GD releases that I have from '73 and if I recall correctly, Kidd Candelario was responsible for the recording on almost all of them.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....enjoying DaP 21 (Boston Garden 4.2.73) this morning. Rex Jackson hit the record button on that one. Took me fifteen minutes this time to decide what show to listen to. Not a bad predicament to be in.
user picture

Member for

6 years

oh I know of Real Gone for a bit. their Dicks Picks are kinda expensive to me almost 60 dollars. why are the prices jacked up? they are reissues. not sure what the reason is behind that. I would have bought a digital copy for far less. i'm not above having digital as all of my 30 Trips is digital and some of the earlier dicks picks I missed out on. but they shut down downloads on road trips and not sure what the reasoning was for that either. but I would probly want dick's picks on physical cuz I use what cds of what I have on the treadmill. I sold my Dick's 17 a long time ago and I'm still kicking myself for that. at the time I hated post brent. now I listen to post brent almost exclusively and are pretty much the only shows I ask for.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I think you can still buy the downloads for Roadtrips on iTunes-also Dicks Picks 17. Also-check PM.
user picture

Member for

6 years

I will probly go to nugs.net for dicks picks they offer a LOSSLESS format option . iTunes doesn't at least for now.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....Boston is ovah. Rubbed my chin on what to play next. What's that Jimi? I haven't listened to you in a while? You are correct sir. Working to remedy that right now. Here He Comes (Lover Man) from South Saturn Delta is scratching that itch....
user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

H
user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

H
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....I think we can all agree that 1965-1975 was/is the best ten years of music ever. Can I get a show of hands!? If I ever get my hands on Jim's rider mower time machine, I would set it for 1965 and enjoy the ride....
user picture

Member for

6 years

I played the Playing in the Band from the listening party. and now I want it shipped more than ever. it really does sound better the archive.
user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Well Grateful Han ( and anyone else interested). Here are those CDs we were looking at last week. Dave's 5 sold for reasonably low. The Grateful Dead Europe '72 72 show from 5/11 is still at 49 bucks. Also a Dave's 35 at $32!@ Dave's picks 5 Was $36.99 EBay item # 302704972702 Ended up selling for $214.23 Grateful Dead Europe '72 5/11/72 bid is $49.99 EBay Item number 202289833585230 Still at opening bud $49.99. Auction ends in just under 4 hours. Very low price for being a sold out Paris show. Also there's a brand new Daves Picks 25 / Binghampton for $32. Ebay Item number: 192514505969 This one ends in 3 days, extremely low.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I would agree - that was great era for music. I started going to gigs in 1972, and I have always thought of that year as a high water mark.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I hadn't taken the plunge on any archival Dead releases on vinyl yet, but since the Fillmore boxset goes for $800+ on Ebay, I thought I'd grab 2/27/69. Very expensive, but looking forward to it. I know the Dark Star > St. Stephen from Live/Dead is from that show, but otherwise, have not heard it. Grabbed a few others, this store was really well stocked. Rough Guide to Jug Bands / Ragtime, Thelonious Monk - Monk, Wilco Live at the Troubadour 1996, the Zeppelin 45, Bo Diddley and the ubiquitous Dylan & The Dead. I told myself I wasn't going to get that one..but couldn't pass it up somehow. To quote from Up To Me, "If I'd thought about it I never would've done it, I guess I would've let it slide." Weirdest release ever..not that it was a great tour from what I've heard of it, but it could have been much better represented than f***** Joey. Oh, spent a good amount of the weekend at the airport so got through 90% of the Three Musketeers...never read it before, I've really enjoyed it. Smartasses.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hey Dark-Star, I ended up winning the Dave's Picks 5. I have to thank you again for that lead. It was funny too as I was watching it and the price was up at $162 as it was ending. I kind of talked myself out of it and tried bidding on something else. I lost that auction in the last second, and decided that it must have been fate that I was going to win the Dave's Picks 5. I committed myself to it and I came through the bidding war victorious. I had spoke about this a while ago in that I have been fortunate to be able to have the funds to spend on things like this. Obviously this is not my preferred method but that is what I get for not subscribing. That is why now I subscribe on the first day Dead.net has the subscription up and running. Normally I wouldn't pay this much either for any release on the secondary market, but as I said this is my birthday show. Literally. I think was arriving sometime during the first set - 11-ish EST would have been around 8-ish PST right? I was fortunate enough to get DaP 6,9,10 (with bonus disc), 11, and 12 all for great prices so I figure this one evens it out. Now I just need a release of 11/17/78 as that should round out my birthday shows. Oh and during that show, I am 99% sure my 5 year old eyes were glued to the TV watching the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special. Anyway to you Dark-Star, thank you once again!
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I'll agree with Vguy and daverock, the years 1965 thru 1975 were the best years for me with 1970 thru 75 being my personal faves. I wouldn't knock the late 60's (1967, '68, '69) either.AH, Jim's riding mower... let's go!
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Bought an Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB today.This whole record store day thing is costing me a lot of money. Too late now but maybe I should have thought this through before pulling the trigger. Bought 2-27-69, even though I didn’t have a turntable, so I needed to get a turntable. But if I’m going to have a turntable, well, then I need some LP’s. So far in a 24-hour or so period I have purchased: GD 2-27-69 GD 11-10-67 Dark Side of the Moon Animals CCR -Chronicle (little disappointed once I opened this because the ‘Heard It Through The Grapevine’ is 3:52, rather than 11+ minutes like on the cassette I had in the 80’s, and I only wanted it for that song). Operating a turntable is way more complicated than a CD player, and I’m not so sure that this medium sounds better as some have claimed. I may need to turn it up to 11 to make an accurate assessment. Currently using the preamp in my Onkyo receiver, but the turntable also has a preamp so I better see what that sounds like.
product sku