• 2,500 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Who's up for a revolutionary evolutionary ride? DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 1/2/70 captures the Grateful Dead as they make their first foray from the experimental 60s into their early 70s acoustic Americana period. Yes, this one is a little bit country and a little bit (psychedelic) rock and roll.

When the "Magnificent Seven" - Pigpen on percussion, T.C. on keys - first took the stage on 1/2/70, evidence was clear that the trip was about to take a turn. From their western wears to the twang in Jerry’s “broken-string blues,” it appeared they'd brought the Bakersfield sound to the Big Apple. They worked through much of what would become Workingman's Dead, stunning the crowd with laid-back numbers like "Uncle John's Band," "Casey Jones," and "Black Peter." Just the same, they satisfied 60s stalwarts with magical versions of "Dark Star," "St. Stephen," and "That's It For The Other One." Sonic alchemy, indeed!

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, ​New York 1/2/70 has been rounded out with a bit of 1/3/70 (the subscribers-only bonus disc features the bulk of 1/3/70). It was recorded by the great Owsley "Bear" Stanley and has been lovingly mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You are not the only one. Sad, but true.

This is copied from

https://www.dead.net/forum/got-issues-your-store-order

——————-

August 30, 2019 - 4:29pm#2
    WHISKYHAWK

Still Waiting For DaP 30 To Be Delivered
    Anyone else having this issue?

Per Dead.net Customer Service, 'Our new warehouse has advised that they have been unable to locate any numbered copies of Dave’s Picks Volume 30. With that confirmation, we have decided to produce a small, separately-numbered run of this title. We will use these copies to replace your missing or damaged Dave’s Picks Volume 30 shipment. Our production team has advised that the new, limited-edition run will be available in 2 months. "

Well, it's been two months and no word, no communication. Very frustrating.
    ——————-

• marye
    send me a PM.
  • JimInMD

Send a PM to MaryE on this site. ..and do it quickly!! that was a long time ago.

• dajokr

Still have not received my DAve's 30 with Bonus Disc. Multiple emails to customer service and no joy. Anybody who can help????

• daverock

Looks reasonable enough to me. The only holes in my collection are the Fillmore West 1969 box set, and the first 1990 box set. I bought the second one, Spring 1990, after quite along wait, as I am not a big fan of 1990. But I was, and continue to be, surprised at how much I like the show within. Every time I play 3/14/90, which I believe is the first in the box, I feel moved to go on and listen to the whole. I keep looking around for the first one, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet. I wouldn't spend a fortune on it, but if its anything like this second one....then I have missed out big time.

A cautionary tale for me, actually, thinking now that I wouldn't get this years box if it is from beyond 1974.

• Diggey
    Default Avatar

I hope I'm not breaking any rules and can delete this if I am. I have some Dead cds and Dave's Picks for sale and wanted to put them up here. I'm not trying to get rich, just movin' out some clutter. Send me a message and payPal preferred. shipping is included for all of them listed. Thanks

San Francisco, The Warfield 10/9 and 10/10/80- Record Store Day CD- $16 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 27- Boise State U, 9/2/83- $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 28- Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ, 6/17/76 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 29- Swing Auditorium, San Bernadino, Ca, 2/26/77 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 30- Fillmore East, NY, 1/2/70 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 30- Bonus CD- Fillmore East, NY, 1/3/70 - $30 shipping included

• kyleharmon

i'll make my official box set prediction here: Summer '90

• JimInMD

Gave this one last spin before the Dave's 31 announcement. This will be remembered as an excellent release with a great bonus disc if you subscribed.

2019 will be remembered as a good year.

• Oroborous

Fall 79, Awesome!
    Nice to mix it up a little, thanks guys!
    Also, like hearing how their going to keep trying more variety.
    But ultimately, like Dave said, not about the set list or what they played etc, it’s about how they played it!
    Personally, I’m not familiar with this one but ifs it’s anything like 11/9, 11/5&6, 12/1, or the New Years run I think we’re going to be happy!

• wissinomingdeadhead
    Default Avatar

FINALLY 1979

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

Who's up for a revolutionary evolutionary ride? DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 1/2/70 captures the Grateful Dead as they make their first foray from the experimental 60s into their early 70s acoustic Americana period. Yes, this one is a little bit country and a little bit (psychedelic) rock and roll.

When the "Magnificent Seven" - Pigpen on percussion, T.C. on keys - first took the stage on 1/2/70, evidence was clear that the trip was about to take a turn. From their western wears to the twang in Jerry’s “broken-string blues,” it appeared they'd brought the Bakersfield sound to the Big Apple. They worked through much of what would become Workingman's Dead, stunning the crowd with laid-back numbers like "Uncle John's Band," "Casey Jones," and "Black Peter." Just the same, they satisfied 60s stalwarts with magical versions of "Dark Star," "St. Stephen," and "That's It For The Other One." Sonic alchemy, indeed!

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, ​New York 1/2/70 has been rounded out with a bit of 1/3/70 (the subscribers-only bonus disc features the bulk of 1/3/70). It was recorded by the great Owsley "Bear" Stanley and has been lovingly mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by carlo13

Two Suns in the Sunset

And as the windshield melts
My tears evaporate
Leaving only charcoal to defend.
Finally I understand the feelings of the few.
Ashes and diamonds
Foe and friend
We were all equal in the end.

I always feel ……. wow, followed by the tear

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Dennis

....but i bought it because i thought the album cover was cool and that he had a cool name (hey. give me a break. I was twelve). Then I got The Wall, Then The Final Cut, then Dark Side, then the rest.
The first time I heard Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict, my world was opened to a whole nother side of what music could be.

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Check your PM

user picture

Member for

6 years 8 months

On a Brent box set. I would be disappointed if it's not something from the 60s or 70s. I would buy something with Bruce and Vince.

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Not a fan of Brent's. I could deal with a Bruce Vince set if the performances are really knockout. Yeah I'd be bummed. That would put me at 2 years between box sets that I would really really enjoy. They could just do both. While I would like to see a huge 1972 box, I'd settle for a 3 show job.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

The one time I saw Quicksilver Messenger Service they were the headliner at Winterland, December 28, 1975. One of those one time passing moments of luck. Ken Kesey wrote a glowing piece about them in the Last Supplement to the Whole Earth Catalog back in 1971 . The first QMS album with the Rick Griffin lettering and scroll work on the cover was reflective of the times in more ways than one. Stand out songs would be Gold and Silver and The Fool. In fact to say that some their music exuded and personified the psychedelic experience would be putting it lightly. (Light-lee) Also of great note would be their second album "Happy Trails' that includes psychedelic bolero riffs. Very tripped out.
When Gary Duncan jammed with the Grateful Dead in October 1991 I thought something remarkable was going down. The jam (Hey Bo Diddley-Mona) on the first night of that run at the Oakland Colosseum that included Carlos Santana and Gary Duncan was perhaps the closest feeling to old time jam sessions at the Fillmore transported 25 years into the future. As readers well know that night took place right after Bill Graham died in the helicopter crash.
Then the jam on Halloween night of that same run with Gary during Dark Star that included Ken Kesey performing a "Beat" eulogy was so fucking over the top that included Kesey reciting the E.E. Cummings poem "Buffalo Bill" had to have been one of the last great defining moments of the Grateful Dead in their waning days and the spirit of times gone by. Gives me chills thinking about it.
One other extremely "outer/inner space" song by the amazing Quicksilver Messenger Service was"the Flute Song". Including the skeleton keys of Nicky Hopkins. Gary Duncan was a man of extremes. Read the interview with Gary in Uncut Magazine from a couple years back. He was intensity personified.
So "Trip the light fantastic" while you still can.

That would be quite nice. Those shows smoke.

DaP 31
7-1-85
Playing Scarlet/Fire right now.

Pink Floyd discussion - it’s because we’ve been left high and dry regarding the next GD Box announcement.
I bought all of the individual PF Boxes for about half the price of the Complete Box. Only missed out on some bonus stuff that wasn’t really that enticing - the 2 movies are available separately.
I had that Wembley 74 show on cassette. I bet the official release sounds way better.

2-28-69 vinyl coming out soon, along with some JGB.

But, what about Gainesville?.....

...as for me I wouldn't buy anything after '89....had a hard time at the shows seeing Jerry's decline and didn't go to much after that...I did attend some that i worked, especially the '94 LA Sports Arena shows (To quote Bette Davis "What a dump")...I was helping a friend's catering company at those shows and the one that had the "Dark Star" with Branford Marsalis was pretty good....but still, some of the cover choices were pretty bad for me...but hey, that's life! As for Floyd I was lucky enough to catch both the Meddle tour and the Atom Heart Mother show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium...AHM was with a small brass orchestra and choir...I can't remember which show it was but someone sitting in the orchestra pit freaked out during the intro to "Careful..." and jumped up with his hands over his ears yelling stop!!! His friends took him out of the hall...pretty trippy...I missed Dark Side at the Hollywood Bowl but caught the Wish You Were Here tour stop at the aforementioned dive Sports Arena...these were the famous gigs were the LA Police threw raids in the parking lot and inside the arena, arresting dozens of poor loaded concert goers...there were signs everywhere saying "THIS IS NOT A SANCTUARY" set in motioon by Police Chief "Crazy Ed" Davis...they pulled the same stunts at the Shrine Audtorium Dead shows in '76 busting a whole lot of folk both inside and outside the gig...well I'll stop rambling now...gotta finish these chilaquiles...

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

In reply to by nappyrags

Wow, to have seen Atom Heart Mother with the orchestra and choir would have been amazing, as well as the Meddle tour, even with a freakout in Careful. Even though you missed the Dark Side tour, weren't they still playing it and Wish You Were Here along with Raving and Drooling and You Gotta Be Crazy as well as Echoes most shows in 1975?

6/30/95 is one of the last good Dead shows that I've listened to, love the Rain sequence, especially Rain itself, which is probably my favorite Beatles song and their first real psychedelic song, an awesome bassline by Paul, and Ringo's best performance. Deadheads didn't live up to Lennon's prediction on that day: "If the rain comes, they run and hide their heads." My buddy that was there told me even Samba in the Rain was well received due to the downpour.

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

I see two, no four! mentions that a fall '72 box would be well rec'd! a virtual trend...

And DaP 31 will be from '79.

You heard it here ... repeatedly.

Gonna paddle 40 miles of the Yampa River this weekend in a packraft, with a soft cooler and a Pax, oh and maybe a tent and sleeping bag. And when I return Monday, the box set announcement will have been made. Or DaP 31. Or both!

I can feeeeel it...... (God bless sativa)

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

My first of 50 Dead shows was 7/1/84 at Pine Knob during a nice little Summer run. He's Gone through to the show was pretty cool. Didn't realise how cool until several years later when I scored tapes.

Did somebody say Brent box? I need to have it. Hope it's not too outlandishly priced. I like the smaller 2 to 5 show sets.

Hoping it's Giants Stadium 91 to coincide with the theatrical release.

Radio City Music Hall would be awesome.

85 box would be sweet.

RFK 73 Allman/Dead box is a dream that would make for an awesome reality.

Alpine box is always a wish.

Oh yeah, next Dave's Picks announcement a couple of weeks away. My how time goes by fast. Could go anywhere. Hopefully a road and era less traveled just to mix things up.

It stopped me in my tracks reading that Gary Duncan has recently died. Quicksilver's Happy Trails was the first West Coast album I heard, following a retrospective review in the music paper known as the N.M.E. round about 1974. It sounded like my kind of album, and it was and is. Wonderful shimmering guitar playing, and Calvary on side two is one of the best psych tracks ever recorded.

Round about 1983, a double live album, also from 1968, was released, called "Maiden of the Cancer Moon". It features much of the same material as "Happy Trails", minus Calvary, but includes some tracks off their first album-including The Fool and Gold and Silver, plus great versions of Back Door Man and Smokestack Lightning. The sound isn't as good as on "Happy Trails", but it is much more rocking-both albums are indispensable. "Maiden" has been re-released numerous times on cd-it makes up half of the double "Lost Gold and Silver".

To see specifically how great Gay Duncan was-you could do a lot worse than look at the Winterland 12/1/73 version of Who Do You Love at Winterland. Although he had left by this time, John Cipollina is also playing-but all the heavy guitar shots are played by Gary. Its over 19 minutes long, and every second is stellar. I just watched it again... this version might just be better than the ones they played in 1968. It's THAT good!

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Pre-orders available from many places, I put one in from a local record chain in Maine & NH.

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Dylan opened backed by Tom Petty... Then a Petty set... Then the Dead, with Dylan coming out for Don't Think Twice, and it's All Over Now Baby Blue in the first set. Also got to hear Desolation Row go into Drums... I think the ticket cost 20 bucks... Haven't seen a board for this show, just the audience tape I've had since then... This is a candidate for Dave's Picks 1613 due to Jerry impending diabetic coma a week later. You don't know what you got till it's gone...

Hey Bob.. I have a very nice sounding board of that show. PM me and I'll get it to you.

I have never met a Desolation Row wouldn't invite over for dinner. Their take on that song is almost exactly perfect. I have to think they made Dylan proud.

Happy 4th all..

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I don't know how many of you listen to music on your Android, but if you do, and you really want to enhance the sound of your Grateful Dead collection, I highly recommend downloading and installing the Poweramp app. I use my phone all the time to listen to the Dead, simply because I can fit my entire collection on a 250 GB memory card in the phone.

I bought Poweramp 5 years ago for $1. I think it's up to 399 now. I have been able to install it across multiple phones without ever having any problems with registration or anything like that. They constantly update their software to fix bugs and adapt to the latest Android releases. The graphical display for album artwork is incredible. You can do unlimited playlists. You can list all of your Grateful Dead shows in chronological order or really any order you want. The biggest benefit is the sound quality. The Equalizer allows you to tune all of these old recordings into really fresh crisp High Fidelity Musical experiences.

I mention it now because their customer support did me a solid today. I've been dealing with a bug with MP3s where gapless play wasn't exactly gapless; between songs like China cat and Rider you used to be able to hear a slight pause which was very very annoying. This bug was introduced in version 3 back in December. It had never been a problem in the previous version, but for whatever reason it reared its ugly head in version 3. It didn't impact wav files or other lossless formats, but it was killing me because I have 320kbps MP3 s, which audiophiles know is basically a lossy format that your ears can't detect. I worked around it by implementing crossfading between tracks. I would set the Crossfade duration to the lowest setting which is barely Audible, and much more tolerable then the pause I was getting between every song in every Grateful Dead medley on the planet. This morning I received an email from the owner and lead developer indicating that the issue should be fixed in version 3 build 836. Sure enough it's fixed.

When I hit the lottery, in parallel with the Vault Museum I will be building around the Grateful Dead Vault tapes, I will send everyone of you an Android phone with all of the Grateful Dead music pre-loaded on it, along with a pair of Plantronics BackBeat Pro Bluetooth headphones. This is where you get the real bang for your buck, and a facet of Dead music listening that none of us should be without - headphones.

The phone is also good to use with your surround system or any home system with HDMI inputs. I run an HDMI cable from my Samsung phone to my surround sound system and play right through the surround sound at those times when I don't feel like listening on headphones. Or if you don't have something that takes an HDMI input, you can also go from the headphone jack on the phone two RCA inputs in the back of your receiver; you can get one of those wires for real cheap on eBay, or Best Buy, but I'll never buy anything from Best Buy again.

So yeah, it was waking up with an email from Poweramp's CEO and lead developer that he believed a problem I reported a few months ago was finally fixed. Best dollar I've spent in my life.

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

It is an interesting Desolation Row..... no Jerry... I think we have spoke about the 7/19/89 Desolation Row before... so good!! Louisville 7/6/90 has a good one also!! Thanks again... bob t

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

My assumption is that many of us once had at least one of these; it certainly was a go-to for me all the way through the CD version up until my first iPod. What a revolution - making the best use of our beloved Maxell XL II's.
And an interesting juxtaposition to KeithFan's post.
How far we've come....

https://www.surfacemag.com/articles/sony-walkman-40th-anniversary/

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Still have mine: Sony WM D6C
Used this one a lot for recording shows with sometimes excellent result.
But times has changed since then. Tried Mini-Disc, DAT and others but
were not satisfied. Now I'm using a Tascam DR07 with OKM-Mikes and
got really good recordings - last one was Eddie Vedder in Berlin.
Tomorrow we will got back to Berlin to see Uncle Neil. Hopefully a similar
setlist to Odense (DK) some days ago.
Gar-see-ya
JJ

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by bob t

I was at this show but don’t recall much? My recollection was it was sorta meh? But of course that could of been experentially influenced....After Alpine, and the mind Blowing River bend shows perhaps I was just to out out of it? I’m sure the environment played a part.....again after those other nice venues I remember pulling into the place and thinking it was weird, and not in a good way......I think I recall like burning tires or some kind of Smokey, nasty, industrial vibe?? And I believe it was some kind of smaller stadium?? Was able to get in front of the board, which was our usual prime choice spot, but even so?
We had high expectations about Bob Sitting in with the boys but I recall they didn’t seem to mesh too well, and thus sort of a let down. Think that was part of why JG skipped out early? unfortunately, have never heard this show, probably didn’t pursue because of my hazy recollections? Always assumed it was so-so? The great next show in Buffalo probably overshadowed this one also.
Honestly, 86 was one big veggie binge, perhaps the peak (yuck, yuck) of my psychedelic career, so unfortunately much of it is very hazy and it’s also a year I have only a couple of sets on tape out of the 11 shows I caught, so haven’t yet been able to reevaluate.
So would love to hear anyone else’s recollections from this tour!

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

I'm betting on the complete Warfield shows, minus the two acoustic sets released earlier this year; it would mirror the timeline of the original releases, acoustic Reckoning in April, electric in late August. That would mean 45 - 50 discs, in the $300 - 400 range...might be a good move for Dead/Rhino, all the big boxes have sold out I believe.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

Well, lots of comments on these two subjects...so time to chime in. Seems almost absurd that we don't at least know what the BOX SET is going to be?!?! I mean it has been guessed & wished for on this board for 6 months!! Can they not at least announce it, or are they seriously going to wait until 8/1 at the MUATM showing to announce the BOX SET. The way the MUATM info has read with Jeff Norman mentioned as doing his sound magic on 6/17/91 show, and also mentioning only one other show recorded 48- multitrack makes me think we have a 1991 box coming. Not my go to choice as I was hoping for a Warfield 1980 BOX SET. I still have some hope that the RSD WARFIELD 10/9-10/80 acoustic release was a teaser for the BOX SET...we'll see. The problem with any BOX SET or any show release after Brent's passing is simple -VINCE was not good. Now shows in 1991 with Hornsby well into the mix would be enticing....we'll see, but bottom line - BOX SET is way overdue!!

Dave's Picks #31 - this is typically the 1980s slot of the year for us 80s fans, I'm thinking this year will be no different. My guess is : a way overdue SPRING 1981 show, 7/13/84, or SUMMER 1985...either way July into August 1st brings the news

There are some moments.. but it was a tough year. On the bright side, some of the recordings seem to sound better.. there was a gradual progression of sorts.. from 81 through 86 (I think).

I was at those RFK shows, and besides the heat and dust.. (did I say it was really freaking hot).. that second show was tough to take, and then a few days later we got the coma news. Such a bleak end of the summer.. but the time 87 came around I decided I needed to see more shows. In hindsight, that turned out to be a good decision.

I did listen to the China>Rider Playing Desolation Row from the Rubber Bowl and it sounded pretty good considering. What a difference a decent recording makes.. I have said this before, I think the Brent years would get more respect if they were better recorded. The 86 show from 30 Trips was surprisingly well played and well recorded too.. but admittedly I have a soft spot for a well played Comes a Time.

Ok.. back to your regularly scheduled Drums and Space.. this is the lead into a swinging holiday weekend (for those in the states anyway).. wishing everyone a great rest of the week and a great weekend..

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

I am with you 100% on the hope for the Warfield Box. 40-45 CDs would be great, but why stop there. Include the Radio City Music Hall shows as well and now we are talking, maybe into the 70 cd range. Would love it! And if the sound quality is anything like the the RSD release, we would be in for maybe one of their best boxes to date.

Week of July 8, I am hoping.

Of course........

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

front porch moonshine-swilling backwoods yahoo... I post like one!

Of course, I'm a subscriber to DaP, not THAT stupid. And the box announcement will come way before they do the preorder routine. When I know that date, if I'm possibly in the backcountry, I arrange to have my accomplices place my purchase order for me. That is, if it's in my zone. Never thought it would come to this, but I've got hundreds and hundreds of GD shows, the shelves are groaning from the Hendrix and Buchanan collections and the Allmans, Dylan, Band, Butterfield, Bloomfield, Beatles, blues, jazz, Janis, eeegawd, has me holding back just a wee bit to see if the pending box really rings my bell.

Crickey, I'm still working through the Dylan live '66 box and returning to PNW 73-74 to squeeze some mo juice out of it before shelving it. Not to mention Owsley's ABB triple-CD set.

'73 was a big year for my young self: RFK, double Watkins, double Roosevelt, fall Nassau: six big ones for this 15-yr-old. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??!!! I was such a good kid before all that!

Now, as a greybeard, I sit here at the laptop banging out my living and taking breaks to post ridiculous shit about my positive yearning for a fall '72 box... (See how I sneaked that in one more time? Could be counter-productive juju, but we all know they're long past the decision and now approaching production as they get closer to the announcement and preorder reaction. So I just can't resist!)

The rockets' red glare has been sailing overhead for a few days. Everyone have a safe Fourth (or fifth/750 ml)!

I am fully on board with this.

All 3 of our tykes (ages 5, 3 & 1) have ALL responded very positively to me putting on the GD from Day 1.
The two older tots can sing along to a few songs, know the names of many songs (and even have their favorites), can name all of the band members (from all eras) and know the emblems on-sight (i.e. stealies, dancing bears, Jerry's Face, etc.). For our littlest guy, he's crawling now - any time he's around and I put on the GD (or put a webcast up) he IMMEDIATELY starts to climb onto me and start dancing and grooving.
He's just short of obsessed, as far as I can tell.

I'm doing something right, and agree with that article 100%.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

So I noticed that the Outlaw music festival which last night and for most of tour has brought Phil Lesh and Friends to the stage, will be at the Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas tomorrow night minus Phil Lesh and Friends. Just so happens that Dead and Co are performing the Dos Equis Pavilion tonight! Coincidence? Maybe.....but sure would be cool to have a Phil sighting tonight!!!

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Fuck em....think they would or should get over it....bring on Phil!!!

Not that I don’t love Oteil, b/c he rocks as well, but Phil is Phil!

Jazz Vinyl Recommendation: Blue Note recent re-release of Cornbread: Jackie McLean, Hank Mobley, Herbie Hancock, Larry Ridley & Billy Higgins....phenomenal, maybe my new favorite in my jazz collection!!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

are at the Oregon Country Fair next week, which should be pretty great.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

Every once in a while,
my wife reminds me to
put my Dead CDs away,
OR ELSE! I’m hoping she is not
really threatening actual harm, but
I can’t be too careful. So they go
under the bed ‘til the
morning comes, when they again emerge
safe and sound, ready for high
fidelity enjoyment for hours!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Well, bolo's clue meant nothing to me, but it did lead me to google to see if I could find out at which shows the Dead played Till the Morning Comes. I didn't find that, but I did find a cool youtube video of a young lady dancing with a hula hoop to Till the Morning Comes and that was somehow mesmerizing in a cool way. So thanks.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

Yeah!

I imagine Dave is right now standing on the
rocks by the sea waiting so patiently for the wind to die down.

Bolo, What kind of clue is that? HaHa Just kidding.

What ever is coming it must have a Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues

user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

In reply to by fourwindsblow

1970?
1970 BCE? (Before Common Era)

Another show from 1995* - a very slim chance.
* a runner-up for the 30 Trips box.

Bolo24 clue(s) here are Good Clean Fun.
Thank you very much for them, whether you're correct or not, thanks.

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

In reply to by Born Cross Eye…

7-2-85 anniversary

4 years ago today there were over 70,000 people with ‘high anticipation’ of getting a glimpse of past glory during the following 3-day celebration of the greatest rock n roll band in the universe for all eternity.

A Box with hours or high fidelity music which happens to include ‘Til The Morning Comes (played 5 times, all during Sept-Dec 1970, according to DeadBase IX).

Don’t waste your time with the internet, get a DeadBase.

https://www.amazon.com/DeadBase-50-Celebrating-Years-Grateful/dp/069247…

That’s a good price!
Way less than I paid a few years ago.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Checking Till the Morning Comes in Deadbase told you when they played it. Checking Till the Morning Comes on the internet led me to a youtube video of a cute girl doing tricks with a hula hoop to Till the Morning Comes...I'm sticking with the internet for now.

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I want a 1995 box, with John Mayer going into the studio and overdubbing all of Jerry's lines.

After all, most live albums have a shit ton of touch-up done in the studio anyway.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

"So they go
under the bed ‘til the
morning comes, when they again emerge
safe and sound, ready for high
fidelity enjoyment for hours"!

Did Bear store his recordings under the bed?

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-30-1.html