• 1,184 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Hold on to your hat, we're coming in strong with one from the Windy City that'll have you movin' and shakin' from start to finish. DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 31: UPTOWN THEATRE, CHICAGO, IL 12/3/79 signals a true rebirth of the Grateful Dead, reimagining classics and foreshadowing their 80s sound. This is as much in part due to freshly-minted member Brent Mydland bringing the organ back in as it is to Jerry finding new vivacity with his custom Wolf guitar. New guy, new guitar - it all makes for a heck of a good time!

Set One rolls like never-ending thunder with one standout after another - truly epic versions of "Brown-Eyed Women," "Ramble On Rose," "It's All Over Now," "Althea," and "The Music Never Stopped." Set Two hits with a crack of not-so-lazy lightning, barreling through an outrageous 28-minute "Scarlet>Fire" to a unique “Lost Sailor>Saint of Circumstance” and wrapping with a "blow the roof off the place" version of "Truckin'" and a rippin' "Johnny B. Goode." Ready for some quiet after the storm? You'll have to wait a just a little bit longer - we've filled in the gap on Disc 3 with a sprinkle of 12/4/79 - "Estimated>Franklin's Tower>" and an incredibly improvised “Jam.”

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 31: UPTOWN THEATRE, CHICAGO, IL 12/3/79 has been mastered from Dan Healy's cassette recordings to HDCD specs by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • rambly
    Default Avatar

Hello Marye
    Hoping you can point me in the right direction on this. I live in Canada and received a shipping invoice related to DaP 31. I emailed Dr. Rhino 3 times in August but no answer. UPS told me it was resolved when I called them in September, but then I just received a collection notice. I've emailed UPS again and Dr. Rhino again, but anything you can do to help would be gratefully appreciated! Thank you!

• fourwindsblow

Not a bad show the band really gets going by wharf rat which is typical for a first night of a three night run.

• wissinomingdeadhead
    Default Avatar

Anticipating the announcement for Daves Picks 2020 subscriptions any day now it usually coincides with the Grateful Dead Almamac. Better warn the wife to have her cc ready since the second year this is my Christmas present from her, she hates it because she doesn't have to go shopping for it. I know the 2020 calendar is available for sale Michael DuBois is the artist for next years calendar. All I can say BIO & PD
    BRING IT ON
    PLAY DEAD

• outpost

Just seen it along with the cover art on Ebay !

• alvarhanso

Makes me think Rex tape on 10 inch reels like 4/2/73. But Betty or Rex or Kidd doesn't make any difference to me. Looks to be a very good show on the back end of a very good tour.

• Lovemygirl

Source

• unkle sam

Trucking>Jam>Spanish Jam then the shortest dark star ever less than 4 minutes. DaP 32 is going to be a sweet one, can't wait to hear how they are going to clean up that Bertha start and some of those tape flips. Good luck Mr. Norman. Do a good job, take your time, we will all appreciate it.

• cub
    Default Avatar

As I am listening to a soundboard recording of 3.24.73 at https://archive.org/details/deadhead
    There are two Betty Boards listed. The 2nd listing has the complete show with 5134 views
    Bertha
    Beat It On Down
    Don't Ease Me In
    The Race Is On
    Cumberland Blues
    Box Of Rain
    Row Jimmy
    Jack Straw
    They Love Each Other
    Mexicali Blues
    Tennessee Jed
    Looks Like Rain
    Wave That Flag
    El Paso
    Here Comes Sunshine
    Me and Bobby McGee
    Loser
    Playing In The Band
    (set break)
    tuning
    Promised Land
    China Cat Sunflower
    I Know You Rider
    Big River
    Stella Blue
    Me and My Uncle
    He's Gone
    Truckin'
    Dark Star
    Sing Me Back Home
    Sugar Magnolia
    Johnny B. Goode

Wow 31 tracks, Thank you

• alvarhanso

Could be either one. Rex taped 4/2/73 DaP 21 (one of, if not the best sounding tapes in the Series), and a lot of his tapes were in Betty's collection as they were married. I think Kidd taped 3/28/73 DaP 16. Guess we'll find out in 3 weeks. Looking forward to this one, and love the artwork!

• Mytime
    Default Avatar

this one

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

Hold on to your hat, we're coming in strong with one from the Windy City that'll have you movin' and shakin' from start to finish. DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 31: UPTOWN THEATRE, CHICAGO, IL 12/3/79 signals a true rebirth of the Grateful Dead, reimagining classics and foreshadowing their 80s sound. This is as much in part due to freshly-minted member Brent Mydland bringing the organ back in as it is to Jerry finding new vivacity with his custom Wolf guitar. New guy, new guitar - it all makes for a heck of a good time!

Set One rolls like never-ending thunder with one standout after another - truly epic versions of "Brown-Eyed Women," "Ramble On Rose," "It's All Over Now," "Althea," and "The Music Never Stopped." Set Two hits with a crack of not-so-lazy lightning, barreling through an outrageous 28-minute "Scarlet>Fire" to a unique “Lost Sailor>Saint of Circumstance” and wrapping with a "blow the roof off the place" version of "Truckin'" and a rippin' "Johnny B. Goode." Ready for some quiet after the storm? You'll have to wait a just a little bit longer - we've filled in the gap on Disc 3 with a sprinkle of 12/4/79 - "Estimated>Franklin's Tower>" and an incredibly improvised “Jam.”

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 31: UPTOWN THEATRE, CHICAGO, IL 12/3/79 has been mastered from Dan Healy's cassette recordings to HDCD specs by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

got my notice also,, nappy you must know somebody to have yours by the weekend :-), my mail innovations seem to take FOREVER! I figure a week,,, not let's see them make a liar of me.

On cassette master - I agree with OKC Deadhead, I thought I remember too that the cassette recorded hall sound. I thought betty had her own soundboard feed and mixed live. (Betty had ears) In the end I can live with the best they can give, I cut my teeth with shit tapes that I was happy to get. Luckily there are enough great recordings from all eras to have an audio log of the changes the band went through and how the songs grew.

user picture

Member for

11 years 2 months

In reply to by Dennis

I received another email this morning that it's on the way and should be in my P.O. Box and my grubby paws by Saturday...New warehouse in Ohio too I guess...enjoy all

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by nappyrags

Mine says Monday,,, yes we seem to send to Ohio from Tennessee first. I'm not counting on Monday!

Thanks for the quote, saves me repeating all that since I’ve posted same here before. Just want to add....
A) no recording is ever going to sound EXACTLY the same as it did in the building. Especially depending on where in the building you were!!!
B) the front of house FOH mixers primary job is to make the sound good in the Hall, not make a recording
C) Betty’s primary job WAS to make recordings.
D) bigger tape at faster speeds is almost always going to sound better than the opposite
E) we should be happy we get all the wonderful stuff we get, revording idiosyncrasies and all.
F) Eecktars rule of relativity; “a little bit of sumthin is better than all of nothing”

Perhaps turn down your treble, or cut your highest band on a graphic equalizer, or use a slight roll off with a low pass filter...start above as high as possible and slowly reduce frequency. Be careful with equalizers though as you can lose wanted information too and do more harm than good.
Best bet, do like Charlie does, spark one up, sit back, let your ears adjust, and listen to the music NOT whatever’s bugging you......kind of like riding in the trees......you learn to look at the spaces between the trees, not the trees.....or else DOOooooooo! That shit hurts!

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Did they enhance the bass again for this release? Was just comparing the samples here with the Charlie Miller transfer;
obviously the same source with the hiss, but the Miller sounds more crisp, less muddy to my ears...

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Couldn't agree more. And just to get this out there, I was not complaining at all about quality. More just interested and trying to offer info to others with questions. I love and am grateful for all the recordings we get. I'm one of the weird ones that has actually listened to DaP 27 multiple times and consider it a solid show, recording quality notwithstanding.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Listen to GarciaLive 11 during PT this morning, gets to the jam part of the song and it hits me this would make a GREAT mashup video with Fred Astaire dancing. If your big on the Fred, listen and picture.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Glasser did this one. I'd go to the source and ask him. Jeffrey Norman chimed in here when there were questions re: his mastering techniques for DaP 24. As for me, EQ works like a charm most times. And when it comes to Phil, 'Bass Great, Lesh Philling!' (within reason of course!) As my high school Chem teacher said 'More is Better!' :-) :-) :-)

P.S. a fire hydrant

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thanks Jim for the link to Dick's '73 musings.

I'm jamming 10-25-73 right now and thinking this would be a fantastic 1st show for a Dave's run. Maybe for 2020? I can never have enough '73, especially fall. I think Fall '72 - Fall '73 may by my favorite 12 months of dead, but I reserve the right to change that at any point.

I'm excited for the upcoming '79 show. Its a tour i'm not familiar with but i've been listening around the edges and its really whetting my appetite for the full glasser treatment. The uptown is about a half mile from my house, so It'll be cool to have this polished and gleaming relic at the ready when the theater reopens.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/ct-ent-uptown-reha…

I'll be getting the box no matter what, so definitely chuffed for it. Lets get a sneak peek at the sneak peek!

I've got the captcha clickin' blues.

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

...been enjoying Daves Picks #9 this lovely afternoon in July. Just started up Disc #3 with WRS Part 1&2 Let it Grow>>Dark Star>>china doll... 5/14/74 Adams Field House, U of Montana, Missoula, MT! Wow amazing playing all around. Phil is lovely in this mix with Jerry right there chasing after him at times beautifuly. Donna adds a full sounding layer of sound for this jazzy performance, I dig her. Another show stopper for me is Billy. Today’s performance is All Billy, Hart didn’t play, and he does a grande job from start to finish which comes in nice and clearly in this Primo Mix. Keith’s playing the keyboards very tasty for my liking. I can always go back to this Pick and still be amazed at the Audio Quality being A+++ and the musicianship of the group in spring of 74’ being a high point in the bands history. #9 #9 #9

Yes! One of my favorites for sure.

If I woke up one morning and found my whole GD collection was gone, save for 1974, I'd be ok.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by 80sfan

Been on a '74 kick myself.

Still finishing Dicks Picks 31.. got to disc 4 for today's bike ride..

Eyes of the World >
Don't Climb up on the Fence, it's got sharp wire on the top and it will cut you>
You're stupid if you climb on the fence>
PITB>
Scarlet Begonias>
PITB
Uncle Johns Band

Gooey goodness.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

In reply to by JimInMD

Before the Dicks picks days, I had that tape - surly bobby always cracked me up.

Gotta imagine the crowd at most D&C shows are a bit more well behaved than those fine folks in Roosevelt Stadium 45 years (?!?) ago, but it would be pretty funny to hear Bobby chastise a crowd for old times sake...

user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

In reply to by 80sfan

Wow nice boxset Dr Rhino. Very cool packaging. Unfortunately saving my coinage for the new Dead boxset. Definitely worthy of the Grammy for cool packaging. But I thought the same for E72, 30 Trips and the PNW boxes. Still can't believe Weird Al Accordion box took it over PNW.

Got my shipping notice on DaP31. Still waiting for the latest FW vinyl release to arrive any day now.

With all this talk about 1991, gave the Branford show from 30 Trips the other day and gave me a perma-smile all day long. Nothing beats a Shakedown opener (besides any Help>Slip>Franklin or a Dew opener from 73 or the MNS from Chicago 77), but I digress.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Evenin', rockers!!!

Just asking for a friend: does anybody have COMPLETE KSAN broadcast of the 12/31/73 Allman Brothers show? If so, please pm me. Thanks.

Proceed plan Dakota,

Doc

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

....like OKCDeadhead, I also enjoy Dave's Boise Pick. But I like most of the shows during that Mountain Tour in '83. You know they played Santa Fe Downs twice that tour? Of course you do, because I will not be shut out and will continue to beat that drum.
It's an interesting time in Deadhead lore in that Phil almost matched Jerry in weight.
I would be remiss to not acknowledge the Doc. Hoping you're feeling better. A post here from you makes us all feel a little better. God Bless.
Plan Dakota? Do tell....

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

All this talk of cassette masters and Healy recordings had me revisiting DaP27 this afternoon, got through the first two discs so far. While the sound quality is definitely an issue, the show is cool and I dug the Help-Slip-Franklins. Not necessarily a pick that gets an abundant amount of play, but one that I'm glad to have, sonic flaws and all.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

....is why this cool corner of the WWW is one of my favorite top five haunts. 🤙Shake it, but don't break it.
Re; Cassette masters. Don't look the ole gift horse in the mouth. You'll get bit. Us old timers recall the seed....
I've got a few 3rd generation tapes stashed under our bed. Helps me sleep better. One day I will revisit the Maxell XLII's.
Got some TDK's. And a few BASF Chrome's. Those were expensive....bought bricks at Tower Records. Yay. Now I'm a little sad. Reflecting and all.

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by Vguy72

I've got no cassette player and I'm staring 6-7-69, 2-15-73, 4-19-82 & 6-14-84 in the face. All on Maxell XL II's. Ugh...
There's a box with more somewhere...

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....I thought I had a tape deck easily accessible as well. Alas....

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I've still got boxes of cassettes in the attic, but nothing to play them on. It was very much the case for me with poorer quality audience tapes that I would start off thinking that they were unlistenable, only to gradually re-adjust as I fell under their spell.

I got notification this morning that my Daves Picks has been sent out, so going off the past few releases this may be with me next week sometime.

At present I am still listening to the 2/28/69 vinyl-that's the central sun, and I veer off a year or so in either direction before coming back to it. So 1979 will be like listening to a completely different band. Part of the longstanding attraction - so many styles.

Supposed to be the hottest day since time began in England today. It is nice to wake up to hot sunny weather, open the windows, and bless the passers by with live Dead.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Dearest Vguy72:

March 24, 1971: Lesh, before Bertha: “Hello, Scott Davis, if you’re out there, meet Rick Owen out in front……………..if you’re not out there, forget it”, followed by Weir’s cryptic “Code Seminole, check 3 check 3 check 1, Red Dog over, proceed plan Dakota………………”

Have no idea what Weir was babbling about, and my guess is he didn't either...………...

Rock on, friends and fellow humans!!!

Doc

Doc's quote reminds me of the one I put on another board, about Jean Paul Sartre going into a café, and asking for a cup of coffee, with sugar but no cream. The waitress, goes off, but then comes back, saying they have run out of cream. Sartre says that's alright-I'll have it without milk instead.

Still have a Deck and occasionally use to transfer something I’ve fond that seems worth it to transfer to the ole Masterliink 9600.......perhaps something that’s probably not getting released.......but as much about me liking to play with my toys, master, and editing....you know, the way some folks do crosswords or Sudoku 😎

Morning Doc, nice to see ya!

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I seem to have a complete and damn decent copy of it. FYI

Cassettes? I love my family very much and have already save the job of throwing the damn things out! :-)

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

10 26 89

Loved the first set

Second set didnt transport me as it has in the past

So i listened to rust never sleeps

And

MIRRORBALL

Neil phu-qing young

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

All this nostalgic talk of XLII's and hiss....makes me think of another time:

Around Y2K (remember that non-fiasco?) I got a stereo that had a tape deck AND a CD burner in it, so it allowed me to play a cassette and make a CD copy, good ole CD-R's. So I went on a binge and began to copy over all of my favorite tapes; I also had a lot of GD Hours I had recorded through my college years and had also of course collected some pretty good shows on tape. By the end, I made a series of CDs called 'The Tape Saves' which were some sweet compilations of the best jammy stuff from my favorite shows. I had I think 7 or 8 CDs worth. It all went to the wayside once I discovered archive.org shortly thereafter, and back then you could DL the board shows, so that's when I really started to accumulate. The rest, as they say, is history.

A fun trigger memory all due to magnetic tape.

Hope folks will start receiving this sucker/DaP 31 imminently. Looking forward to some '79 bigtime.
Be well.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

...5/26/93 Cal Expo 1993, and some other tracks recorded on 5/27/93 as well. this isn’t a year I listen to very much, honestly, really almost never, but I’m quit enjoying this “Road Trip Series “ Vol.2, No.4 ...Phil is jamming in the Phil Zone and Jerry comes up from behind and flies past him while billy & Mickey pound the earths floor with Bobby singing purty sweetly, actually very good in my Stir Fried head.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

Wait - stop the presses and reign in that excitement - because that ain't all I got...

7:59 - Dead.net Shipping Notice
9:04 - UPS MyChoice Tracking number
16:19 - UPS MyChoice notification that Import Charges are due :-(

I get it - sometimes your parcel gets caught out. Usually Dead.net send the Dave's Picks via bulk post through The Netherlands or Switzerland and it is a lottery. My 30 Trips box was sent UPS (Thank goodness) and I was happy to prepay the VAT on that one.

This CD doesn't have your standard 20% VAT being applied, but rather the charge is for...

£76.92

I knew Boris Johnson becoming PM was going to be bad, but this is ridiculous!!

Actually when you delve in deeper to UPS the charges are actually listed as Freight charges and not Government or Brokerage charges.

What the hell has Dead.net done in the shipping of this one overseas???

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Hey now Doc...glad you popped in, if not for just a moment!

Can't believe we still have no word on this boxset??? I thought for sure TPTB alluded to a peek before the MUATM....today perhaps? I'm sticking with 91...those that suggested seemed confident!

A lot going on around here lately.....a few quick thoughts:

Hendrixfreak - wow man, you'll never be able to discuss a future box set on here without me thinking about......Oh wait, what kinda box were we talking about? I think you said 1974.....shit I'm confused!?!? Back to the music.....

Garcia 11 - I have to concur, this show is really nice.....seems a little more jammed out & psychadelic then some of the other JGB's I'ver heard.....

My tobacco habbits:

-Started at 15 with chewing tobacco for 15 years (Kodiak - "the only bear you'll ever pinch", as we liked to say), easily a can a day for a long time
-Added cigarettes to that about 17 or 18, started off bumming then on to a pack or more a day by the time college was over, and then on to 2 packs a day before I quit around 30 (thank God for weed and chew or I never would have made it)
-Quit chewing a couple years later about 32 or 33, then started again and then stopped all within a couple of years
-Mom got cancer in 2011, started chewing again while waiting around in intensive care about 2014- 1 chew quickly moved to 2 cans, and then 3 cans a day....I took really big chews....pretty gross really, but oh so good!!!
-Quit again 2 years ago mainly due to the urging of my daughter

If you need motivation to quit....here's some for you: My $15/day habit is now a fairly extensive collection of Grateful Dead music and a vinyl collection of 250 records and growing. I never have the craving for a cigarette, but still dream about chewing from time to time, however the music seems to keep me satisfied....and the weed helps as well :-)

Took the family to sneak preview of The Lion King on Thursday night last week....very well done, and a must see if you liked the first one back when. A KC DeadHead friend of mind pointed out to me that the characters Pumbaa & Timon are a couple of hippies. I never realized this, but I think he is right......Hakuna Matata - "No worries for the rest of our Days"

After Lion King, I flew solo down to KC Crossroads to catch what I hoped would be the full 2nd set of Government Mule. Ended up, I only missed the first 3 songs of the first set, so had a hot but enjoyable evening listening to Mr. Haynes belt out some grungy, but soulful blues. And in fact, he ended the 2nd set with SoulShine which was a nice treat!

Finally, If you like the blues and looking for something fresh on the palate. I would highly recommend The Vanessa Collier Blues Band. Vanessa is a Berkelee School of Music grad, and up & coming star in the blues world. She plays a mean sax, has won a few awards, and is also pretty hot. Her bass player is also a very recent Berkelee grad who also happens to be my first cousin. Please excuse the shameless promotion, but this is his first full time professional gig and needless to say my family is super proud of him. Check them out if you can.....they are touring currently around the country!

Until next time dead peeps....keep on Rockin!

KCJ

Edit....no shipping notice here yet....damn!......Damn, Damn!

£76.92 shipping charges? That's insane! I haven't received shipping notice yet, but I will think twice before handing over that amount to the postman when he pitches up. Which would be a first-receiving a Dave's Picks and sending it back. I haven't been charged shipping charges over the last few years for Daves Picks-although the charges for the boxes have been extortionate. I shudder to think how much it will cost this year if a 3 cd set costs this much.

This certainly casts a shadow-but thanks for the heads up.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by daverock

Holy shit, Rattydog.. that's insane and clearly an error. So even at 20%.. it should be 20% of $25, right?

What am I missing?

I had several witty, funny (to me) off the cuff responses.. but that's no laughing matter.

Good grief and Good luck.

I’ve had the same. What’s worse, I have two orders - one for me and one for a friend. If this goes on I can in no way afford another sub. Insane doesn’t begin to explain this.

Can someone tell me the email address for Dr Rhino to investigate? Thanks.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Never apologize for recommending music, good or otherwise, family or not. :-) BTW gave a two second youtube lookup of The Vanessa Collier Blues Band, of course there was some. Sounded alright,,, will go back and shake that tree.

You also mentioned Warren and the Mule. JUST got an email about them in Jamaica in January. Me and mine was right now talking about going?!?! How happy are people with these all inclusive music events at resorts? Anyone else think about the Jamaica gig?

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

... a lot of great posts these past few days, even with the heavy weight of the upcoming Boxset on everyone’s mind, we (the community ) are doing purty good with everything that makes this message board a grateful place to talk Dead.
I Decided to play “Road Trips” Vol.2 NO.1,
‘MSG’ September 90’ . This is another Primo Release from the Road Trips Seriers.
• Disc One
*September 20, 1990
1)"Truckin'" > 9:07
2)"China Cat Sunflower" > 7:51
3)"I Know You Rider" 7:09
*September 19, 1990
4)"Playing in the Band" >11:05
5)"Ship of Fools" > 6:43
6)"Playing in the Band" > 2:32
7)"Uncle John's Band" > 10:49
8)"Let it Grow" >11:30
9)"Jam" 11:18 **An excerpt of "Jam" was previously released on the CD accompanying Phil Lesh's memoir "Searching for the Sound" as "Trio Jam with Bruce Hornsby" BEAUTIFUL !!!
•Disc Two
*September 20, 1990
1)"Jam" > 10:24 INTENSE / PRIMO / Phil is the man ! Love this Jam and Bruce & Vince are like the perfect “licorice” together!!!
2)"Dark Star" >13:21
3)"Playing in the Band" >3:53
4)"Dark Star" >14:44
5)"Throwing Stones" > 10:03
6)"Touch of Grey" 7:41
7)"Turn On Your Love Light" - 7:13
*September 18, 1990
8)"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"- 9:29
•Bonus Disc
*September 18, 1990
1)"Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo" 9:34
2)"Picasso Moon" - 7:34
3)"To Lay Me Down"- 9:43
4)"Eyes of The World" >17:57
5)"Estimated Prophet" >12:59
6)"Foolish Heart" > 8:25
7)"Jam"–10:36 **An edited version of "Jam" was previously released on “So Many Roads” (1965–1995) as "Jam Out of Foolish Heart"
...well have a grateful evening everyone. 🙏❤️😎
...Does anyone know how many concerts/performances did the Grateful Dead play at the ‘Garden’ between the years of 1987 to 1994?...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 8 months

I've had the same in my part of the UK. £73.92 for 'Freight charges' whatever they are. I do get that postal charging for overseas can be a bit of a lottery (I didn't pay anything on my PNW box for example.), but over 70 quid for a three CD set. No way!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by rattydog_uk

Yes, thanks for the contact details for Dr Rhino. In the past, with faulty cds, I have always contacted Marye, who has been very helpful.
But similarly, there is no way I am paying in the region of £70.00 shipping costs-or whatever they are- for a single show on cd. If I get the same notification you have had, I will also refuse to pay and will contact Dr Rhino/Marye with a view to requesting different shipping arrangements. Or something.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

I think that the smaller the package the bigger the shipping because its more inconvenient for something that costs so little. They sometimes charge more for low cost items. I bought a Kwaeco fountain pen from Germany and they said it costs more for little items or small boxes.

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Dennis or anyone else who is interested....I just bought Government Mules recent vinyl release which is live from Cap Theatre. It came with a download card. PM me with your email if you would like a copy....

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-31-1.html