• 1,852 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JimInMD

You're right.. they did it at BCT too. I forgot about that.

Brewer, I'm with you on ticket prices. It scared me away for many a show too, again, not because I can't afford it. The pricing and the way that pooped on the fan preorder = a real WTF are you guys doing factor. Couldn't they modernize GDTS or something? Perhaps Ticketmaster and LiveNation have too big a stranglehold, but the process leaves me feeling dirty.

• Oroborous

AJS; sorry to “stir it up” yuck, yuck. I bet anyone who went to a decent amount of shows has some tale of regret.
    I had tix for Toga 88 but had to deal with medical shit and an upper GI that day sohad to sell tix. Probably 4 or 6 other almost/what if’s, but “goes to show....” Perhaps that’s what made the “super” shows we did get to so special.
    SHE BELONGS definetly a Bobby Dazzler. Saw a few of those and Believe it or not, which to me was like a cousin, or “Jerry” version of She Belongs. I love She belongs so much I used to play it. Also, don’t feel bad, the first night of Hampton 88 was the only time I went to a show but didn’t get in. I know Stir it up and Visions aren’t quite the same, but it still sucks. The part that really sucked was not knowing that the show was being broadcast in some (hotel?) parking lot. Dooooo! Heard the next day it was a hell of a party...
    JIM; yes, seems we were at many of the same shows...great minds think alike, lol
    Hopefully some day I’ll have the pleasure of meeting some of you nice folks at some shows! But,
    PRICES ETC; agree, tix, especially with all the bullshit charges are getting steep and the cost/benefit ratio ain’t quite what it used to be. That and/or I’m just another old bastard that wouldn’t leave the house much if I didn’t have to!
    So like many, I’ll still go as long as I’m able, it’s easy, and it’s close....very fortunate in Colorado that we have awesome venues and they come round fairly often...

BILLYKID; that’s one hell of an opening, and I’m guessing all around show!

• billy the kid

I bought my ticket that day at the box office. My seat was in the very last row. When I went up to my seat, there was a women up there with a handful of tickets, she handed me one and said "you can go down there and have a seat". I went down and sat in the second row. The Dead opened up with Box of Rain and then did Visions of Johanna. It was really cool.

• Deadheadbrewer

A friend and I always say that The Eleven was the best thing the Grateful Dead ever did.

I LOVED Futhur. I have enjoyed Dead & Co., but the size and price of their shows means I likely won't see them again. CAN I afford to attend?--yes. But at some price point it feels wrong to me.

• stoltzfus

i thought today was the order day for Dave's 33.

on your marks, non-subscribers

• JimInMD
    Visions redux, She Belongs to Me, Furthur

I think Further were their best from 2009 through 2012 (at least that's my take). I believe Bobby was expending extra efforts getting traction in the later years, something he seemed to address after they disbanded.

That's right.. the played a one-off of Visions in Hampton '86. I know I was at the Break Out of Box of Rain (which in doing some research was on a Friday night). Visions was the night before and I'll be damned if I can remember if I was there or not.. I think the answer to that depends on whether or not this was during Spring Break or if we drove down Friday after the early classes??? Oroborous.. I can only hope we crossed paths at one of the apparently many shows we seem to share in common.

Caught one She Belongs to Me too (Richmond).. what an emotional powerhouse that was.. when I hear it to this day I stop what I am doing and the emotions become my own. ..but I'm a sucker for the Jerry Ballads..

• Angry Jack Straw

Thanks for jamming me again.

It has been well documented that I missed the Hampton Warlocks at the fault of everyone else in my group who, for some unknown reason, placed a higher importance on graduate school than a historic concert. I also spent another night in Hampton listening to Ballad of a Thin Man in the parking lot. One of only two shows where I made the trip and was not able to grab tix.

It's all good boss.

I'll throw in "She Belongs to Me" for my most cherished memories of shows. Lot's of wonderful music, but those two stand out for sure.

It's funny. I bailed on the band for 15 years. Sure, I saw The Dead, The Other Ones, Phil and his collection of buddies whenever they came within a reasonable distance of town. Nothing seemed to get the juices flowing again. Then came Furthur and something just clicked when they played The Eleven. Kadlecik wailing away. It was great.

Saw Furthur a few more times, but they were never able to capture that moment again for me. It did, however, motivate me to get to the Capitol Theatre to see a bunch of shows. Phil and his boys were the clear stars down there. Among the many highlights were Viola Lees Blues, Doin That Rag and a half hour long H>S>F encore.

Back in 2016 a long time tour friend reached out to me with tickets for the first Dead & Co. show at Fenway. So, I went. Two things I will say, the sound itself was unbelievable and Mayer is the best fake Jerry to date. We had an unbelievably good time. First set H>S>F. St. Stephen, Dark Star, Morning Dew, Casey Jones.

Unfortunately, these days Dead & Co. isn't getting it done for me. I realize that lots of folks here enjoy it, but the tempo is just too slow for my ears. And the tickets are way, way overpriced.

So, I am back to the old formula of seeing them in my backyard. Bob rolled through a year or so ago with the Wolf Brothers. Again, a little slow for my liking. Got to see an acoustic Deep Elem Blues, Easy to Slip and Ripple. All were outstanding. I kinda wish he would just stick to acoustic. To me it is far more enjoyable at that pace.

Sorry for the rant, but you got me motivated to break out some old versions of The Eleven.

• Vguy72

...."These go to Eleven" - Nigel Tufnel

• Strider 808808

I was with an old Korean War veteran at that time and he took the minute or so for silence. He was the same age as Willie Nelson (3 weeks younger) and smoked as much weed. He was on a B-29 in the USAF. Also interesting to note he was very much anti-war. He used to go to Grateful Dead concerts several times a year. And he was one of my all time best friends.
    I only saw the Dead perform the 11 once, 12/26/81. No words , just the cord progressions.
    As far as Dark Star, St. Stephen, Lovelight -9/19/70 was a standout. (pigpen-thank you). 1970 was a wonderful time to be a teenager going to Grateful Dead concerts.

• Oroborous

Here, here, yaassss, thanks Phil for all the great “post” versions of this, Viola, Cosmic, New Potato etc. Will always have a special place in my heart for the Phil Denver Philmore shows, but man I really dug Further.
    Still think they should have had John, Warren, Jimmy, et el play parts of the Fare Thee Well shows. No disrespect to Trey, I think he did a mostly decent job, especially since they really didn’t rehearse much, but I think they would have been better shows with the guys who actually knew the tunes and had played them with the band members...but I digress....
    Have seen some good D&C versions of the 11 etc, a hot version from Boulder a few years ago stands out in my minds eye, but I think the Further ones were my favs?
    Speaking of the Philmore shows; that was a nice time in “GD” history. The Other Ones and Futhur fest were cool and kept things going, but I rember feeling like “yeah, this is more like it, this is the shit” the first few stands at Denver. Man the time they played Keep on Growing etc with a very Pregnant Tedeschi and Trucks, that whole set, phewwww, need to look that one up some time! Such a cool venue too, not big, but not too small. The venue, the band, all those great old tunes, it was definitely a great renaissance period.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

"Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

Jamming to the 12-28-79 Road Trips along with todays college football action, and right as Alabama Getaway started up the LSU / OK game started up as well. LSU of course, being the ones who made Alabama . . . "Get away" this season.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Is it one of the very few or sui generis that features Jerry on slide for the solo? I've always found it rather unique.

Oh, and on the H>S>F combo 10-11-77 and 5-22-77 are right up there.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

my favorites come from 76
the paramount and tower shows especially

Ledded - you probably already have, but if you like Clapton, it is well worth checking out the three Kings-especially Albert and Freddie. As Eric Clapton was to those that followed, so were those two to Clapton. Especially the "Born Under a Bad Sign" album by Albert and everything by Freddie.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Picked up Born Under a Bad Sign (Albert King) in April on RSD and then The Mojo (Freddy King) on the most recent RSD in November. You can certainly hear both influences in modern blues guitar. Clapton’s sound is very muck akin to Albert King, and you can hear a lot of SRV influences in Freddy’s playing. Both are phenomenal repressings of classic albums. I would be interested in hearing album suggestions for the third King, BB, if any of you have any? I know there’s a ton of stuff out there...

Think I’ll put Freddy on now with the morning coffee.

Been catching up on the 30 days of dead recording from this year. Especially enjoying the 31 days of Dead for December. A fitting tribute to RH!!! My favorite track so far has to be the one of RH doing an acoustic version of St. Stephen and then also China Cat. Almost more of poetry readings than tune performances, but beautiful alternative takes on two Hunter songs that we all know and love.

Peace all!

KCJ

Edit: Vocally, Clapton and Freddy King sound a lot alike!

Edit 2: oh and for you Jazz aficionados out there while on the subject of guitar masters, check out Kenny Burrell with Stanley Turrentine/Major Holly Jr./Bill English/Ray Barretto, Midnight Blue....recently repressed with Blue Note....WOW!!!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Dig the blues discussion, thought I would mention Buddy Guy since nobody has so far. Lot's of great Buddy Guy stuff, especially his stuff with Junior Wells. Junior's albums Hoodoo Man Blues and It's My Life both feature Buddy and both albums are fantastic. As far as the King's, I prefer Albert, something about his stuff just clicked from the first time I heard part of his Thursday Night in San Francisco album on Dan Ackroyd's House of Blues radio show while driving to meet an acquaintance a long time ago.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

albert collins - ice pickin

danny gatton - redneck jazz

gary moore - blues for greeny

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by P Hill

Casey.....Nappyrags recently recommended 3 live B.B. King albums on here, "Live at the Regal" and "Blues is King" from the mid 60s and "Live in Japan" from 1971 and I would agree that all are great for different reasons. Playing wise, my favourite is "Blues is King" but my cd-a 1987 released version on MCA sounds dire. I've noticed there is a Japanese SHM release out there, and I am tempted by that-although it is expensive.

For B.B,s studio sides, I far and away prefer his 1950s singles to anything else. I've got two very similar collections which feature this material - "The RPM Hits 1951-1957" on Ace Records and "Sings The Blues", another Ace reissue . Either of these are good...but you don't need both, really. Few extra tracks on the first.

My last blues albums was Magic Sam "Live at the Avante Garde June 1968" which is tremendous. He was in the same ball park as Buddy Guy. THAT good.

I have never heard the Danny Gatton album mentioned below. But I have got a few cds by him, and got one earlier this year called "The Humbler" credited to singer Robert Gordon. Without a word of a lie, this features the most incendiary rockabilly guitar I have ever heard in my life. Its all standards...but you wouldn't believe how well and dynamically they could be played if you haven't heard this album. Jaw dropping-really.

Actually, another blues album I bought recently is playing as I write-"Blues" - a 3 cd compilation of Rory Gallagher. It was cheap as chips, and features a side of studio, a side of acoustic and a side of live tracks that are currently blowing my kitchen apart. Blues albums have never been far away from my record/cassette/cd player over the years.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

It's been a while since I reached for a '77 show, and I went with 6/9 about 15 minutes ago. Well, it was a fine Mississippi Half-Step, but now that I see your post, clearly 12/29 is the best choice for today. I did this one about a month ago. Nice to hear the Wolf in '77. Looking forward to the Playing / Cat / Rider.

user picture

Member for

4 years 3 months

P Hill, I saw Albert Collins play a few times, at least once at the San Francisco Blues Festival. He truly was a great one.

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

Hauoli Makahiki hou
Bonne année
Ein gluckliches neues Jahr
Gelukkig nieuwjaar
Voorspoedige nuwe jaar
Godt Nytír
Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu
Feliz año nuevo
Shana Tova
Xin nian yu kuai
Jai alai fronton
Eutychismenos o kainourgios chronos
Felix sit annus novus
Kul 'am wa antum bikhair

HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

Happy New Year to you too.

60 minutes has a piece on research related to psychedelic's tonight. They must be trying to win back the GD/Phish demographic. :D

Edit: Apparently it's ok to take mushrooms while under the care of a qualified doctor. To think, all these years it looks like I've been doing it all wrong.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I saw that too. A fascinating research project. Unfortunate that you can’t choose your own music.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

I always chose my own music. No blindfold either, wanted to see the world, not just whatever was playing on the back of my eyelids. The wonders of nature never got old.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Dark Star> Spanish Jam> US Blues. Cannot wait for this one to hit the mailbox! Have loved this show for a long time! The bonus disc sounds great if it's just China> Rider, Eyes, Wharf, and 30 min Playing! Much more excited for this than 10/29/77, and I like that show pretty well. :)

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

In reply to by alvarhanso

What DaP 34 will be.

As I said weeks ago (and was subsequently told I was wrong), DaP 34 would be announced before the subscription period ended, but after the early bird pricing ended.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I got the email this time :-)

Thanks Dead.net!

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Are you going to Bermuda?
Would you go there if you could?
Now, now
If you go there, plan on staying
Whether you like it
That's the way
In Bermuda

Are you, are you Bermuda-bound?
Do it call like a siren sound?
It's so high and it's underground
But you never come back
Before you're never found
In Bermuda

It's just the innocent
Devil's Triangle
It dares you to come there
That's it's angle
But the Devil is innocent
Like you
When the word you want
Is Master, Master, Master
In Bermuda

Bermuda, Bermuda, doesn't call
It haunts you
Make you wonder
Make you want to go
Make you curious
Too much burn
But you never, ever
Will return
From Bermuda

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

In England and France... Hold mail gets delivered with Garcia 12....... Wow Sarah Fulcher adds a whole new dimension... sorry if you all spoke about it already. Then i was going to type this I see the DP 34 announcement!!!! So excited for 74!!!!! Happy New Year everyone!!! bob t

10-21-73 is horrendous.
In fact, the first several songs of the first set are terrible, potentially worse than any train wreck from the 80/90’s.
I’m currently on WRS, hopefully the show improves......

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Wow, this is great, two awesome shows to start the year. First we get a fall 77 show and now 6/23/74, Wall of Sound! Love it.
Will we get any shows from the 80s this year? Box set or stand alone releases?

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 2 months

Hello everyone, does anyone have Dr. Rhino's email. I received the wrong order for the Giants Box. A Flower Kings CD is what I received instead. any help would be great!
Thank you, Dave

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Received the Dap 34 email @ 6am this morning.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

When Dap 34 comes I will be fishing. Can't wait. Fishing and dap 34, it doesn't come better than that.

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

Yeah, I got the Flower Kings CD too. (Left a comment on the box set thread.) I've given up at this point and ripped a copy of the Giants Stadium set from a friend. (Check your credit card statement....in my case, they unilaterally cancelled the order and refunded the money without telling me.) Not sure what to make of the FK CD. Random. Go Swedish Prog Rock!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I'm very pleased we're finally getting this. Every time I feel like we're due for a 1974 show I hope for this show and Chicago, as they have the last two unreleased Dark Stars (the Jai-Alai version on So Many Roads is incomplete by maybe 5 or 10 minutes if memory serves). Only 6 or 7 Dark Stars in '74, depending on how you look at Dick's Picks 12. It's listed as Jam on the CD, but most set list sites cite it as Dark Star. Personally I don't hear it, and I've heard it described as "Jam with Dark Star elements". Well..... this just means I need to listen to it again. I suggest you do the same. History beckons......

I would have bought two early birds if I'd known this one was coming out. So tempted to buy that second one as a "just in caser".

Also really psyched about 80 minutes from the night before. Feels like Dave's Picks Volume 2, Part II.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Guys and gals, I'm just letting you know that using PayPal for this and any other site is the best way to go. If for some reason there is a purchase or money issue and they say we have no record of your bill, paypal will step in and do what needs to be done with little need for you to worry. They are really great and no charges to use it too. Fee Free purchases within the USA and a couple bucks for all other countries. Its quick and safe. Peace. P.S.- The july 78 box I'm waiting for is now missing from the site. Scary. I still have faith in dead.net.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by carlo13

....i use it every time.
Loving the latest Pick news as well....

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

John cleese is going to Hanover theater in Worcester, MA. For the 45 anniversary of holy grail. An interview and movie will be playing. Cool place too.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 7 months

One of my first downloads from the old archive, back when you could still grab 'em.

Good choice! Now if they'll only follow through with an Ark box set this year.....one can hope!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

If you're just getting tuned in, I'm having a conversation with myself about the validity of calling the Jam on DP 12 a Dark Star (as most set lists would have you believe). There's some top shelf Mind Left Body early on that ranks up there with 10/19/73. Only 15 minutes in....doesn't matter what you name it, it's face melting quality. I did not, however, hear even a smidgen of the Dark Star theme (and certainly no lyrics). I think the set list sites have it wrong. Is this something in Dead Base? I'm not a Dead Base guy.

This conversation started when I saw that Jai Alai was slated for DaP 34. It quickly devolved into an unnecessary analysis on how many officially released Dark Stars are still yet to come from 1974, and it gets worse with every post I put up here. Lucky for you guys I'm only at work another hour and a half.

Ouch, full fledged meltdown at 25 minutes. Garcia clearly tripping his balls off - and why shouldn't he be - it's summer '74 and he's playing in front of the biggest stack of speakers known to mankind in an enclosed arena that seats 15,909. I know the seating capacity because the internet told me. It also told me the Dead didn't play the Garden for a number of years after an incident in which they were caught grilling lobsters on a fire escape before a performance. wtf?!? How do you even get into a situation like that.

Also of interest, the internet says of The Who at the Garden:

In 1973, The Who were scheduled to perform at the Garden and nearly didn't perform due to the band being detained by police after destroying a hotel room in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, where they'd appeared the previous evening. The band was eventually released from jail and managed to arrive at the Garden in time for their show and took out their frustrations for being arrested the night before by delivering a blistering set and taunting the Montreal police, dedicating their performance of "Won't Get Fooled Again" to them. Who drummer Keith Moon (for the rest of the Quadrophenia tour) changed one of the lyrics to the song "Bell Boy" from "remember the gaff where the doors we smashed" to "remember Montreal at the hotel we trashed" or variations of the band being arrested.

And for what it's worth, I spent the coldest night of my life one New Year's Eve in Montreal. I'm a seasoned Buffalonian, and this shit was cold. Just walking a block or two from one bar to the next physically hurt the face and lungs. I spent the better part of the next morning and early afternoon vomiting from a 12th floor balcony.

P.S. - icecrmcnkd, where are you listening to that worst Loser from, archive.org? Just wondering if 10/21/73 is on one of those unofficial soundboard release CDs.

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

Wooooow...

Time machine...take me first to Europe 72

Then to Spring 77

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Set II of 12/31/77 Sugar Magnolia opener... Scarlet/ Fire... watch Bill Graham arrive via motor cycle and watch the boys get hit on stage with a giant bag of balloons!!

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Keithfan your relisten today beats my memory, but I recall a brief DS tease somewhere before or after the Mind Left Body Jam (both?), which is, to me, more of a proto-Music Never Stopped Jam, they definitely hit the MLB theme, but it seems to move to a waltz feel, that makes me think of MNS. I wouldn't label it a Dark Star Jam, but I would track the Mind Left Body if it were up to me. What a fantastic jam and release! That release is one that's a pastiche that I love. Still my favorite Eyes, mainly for Phil's wonderful solo. And gotta be everybody's favorite China Cat. I have a promo cd for DP 7-12, and it hasthe China Rider representing DP 12, and it was my introduction to live China Cats. I had Aoxomoxoa, and loved it there, but this was a revelation. Not fair to every other China Cat that that was my first. I guess kinda like a virgin who meets John Holmes, gonna be hard to find another one to measure up.

user picture

Member for

6 years 8 months

Love the Dark Star discussion. It's right up my alley. For a long time, I have been intrigued not only with song timings, but also title identification. I can totally relate to trying to decipher whether a given tune either is or is NOT a Dark Star. I love the (12/5) '71 Dark Star from the UK box set. It lists: Dark Star Jam>Me & My Uncle>Dark Star Jam. It clearly is a Dark Star Jam on both ends, but never is a verse sung.
Similarly, on the Dave's 21, Here Comes Sunshine>Jam. Is it that, or is it a REAL LONG Here Comes Sunshine?? I guess it's up to each listener to decide.
Phish does this a lot-and usually, if they don't return to the original theme of the tune, I consider it a jam. So, to all who care......let the discussion continue.

P.S. I have pre-ordered my Cream Farewell Box (Very Excited!!), but I'm just not yet ready to bloviate on Dave's 34, I haven't even got 33 yet!!
Stay safe all-and have a joyous New Year's celebration!!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I'll have to dig that one up. I was getting stoked for 1974 with DP 12 and then followed up with a compilation from the Pacific Northwest 1974 shows. In the middle of that my cousin texted me that 12/30/78 was playing on Sirius last night. I assumed there must be a good version of it on archive.org if they're playing it on Sirius; however, the Charlie Miller soundboard I downloaded is pretty spotty. Does anyone know if there's a better version floating about that would be of Sirius Radio quality?

P.S. Alvarhanso - lol now that you think you heard a little DS Dick's 12, I don't trust my own listen yesterday! I was afterall working while this listening session was going on.

P.P.S. - funny on this 12/30/78 soundboard you can hear Jerry complaining about Bobby being too loud. I know they're talkin about stage monitors but, I think most situations call for Jerry being louder than Bobby :D

user picture

Member for

5 years 10 months

People of Europe and the U.K. have your sugar magnolias at the ready 4/5 hours to go - my own personal favourite is 12/31/82 ( Bobby after the second verse “ holy f##k look at all those balloons “ )
HNY all and hears to a cracking 2020
😸🍾😸🍾😸🍾😸🍾

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Peri, it is says a lot that you refer to Europe and the U.K. as if they are separate entities. That island mentality coming to the fore once again. Here, the changing of the year also signals the demise of Holland. From now on we have to refer to this country as The Netherlands. It seems to be nothing more than a marketing tactic - Holland apparantly conjures up images of clogs, cheese and tulips which is not the image the government wants to project. I am therefore obliged to wish everyone a happy new year from The Nether-regions. And I mean that from the heart of my bottom. Or something like that. Whatever, have a good one!

PS: Finally finished the Giants box today.

user picture

Member for

6 years 8 months

In reply to by simonrob

When I think of Holland/Netherlands, I only think of the brilliant orange kit they wear for footy competitions!!
I like a man with a good sense of humour though. From the heart of my bottom indeed!

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by simonrob

I have a strong affinity for 12/31/76 and 12/31/82.. 76 probably because both the performance and recording kick ass. With the newly released and I believe remastered (??) vinyl that makes it extra special and 82 because, well.. Etta James, the Tower of Power and the Grateful Dead.. I mean, get out of here, what a power-packed punchbown of fun.

Set 3:
Turn On Your Love Light
Tell Mama
Baby What You Want Me To Do
Hard To Handle
In The Midnight Hour

Wishing all health and happiness in the coming year. My resolution.. more music less bullshit. Play more dead.

It will always be Holland to me. Tulips, wooden clogs and the most recognized country to flush silly criminal penalties for weed down the toilet. What exactly is wrong with that legacy?

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Cheers to another year that's been an amazing trip on this forum. What a kick to "listen" over y'all's shoulders just about every day. Let's do it some more in 2020. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

"Holland" forever! And don't forget the windmills!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-32-1.html