• 787 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Just like the singular Cornell, just like the one later called Sunshine Daydream, just like hallowed Hampton, DeKalb stands legend on its own as one of the most sensational performances the Grateful Dead ever did do. Early tape-trading circles earmarked the show as upper-echelon and when you have a listen, we're sure you'll be inclined to agree. The original reel-to-reel recordings have been shined and polished to perfection, showcasing mighty fine fret work, sparkling keys, and unparalleled harmonies. In fact, we can hardly pick favorites - from start to finish, there's just too much good stuff!

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 33: EVANS FIELD HOUSE, N. ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, DEKALB, IL 10/29/77 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • shiney mike

I just tried posting a note about Dave's Pick's 36 over there - but I am too challenged here , uh let's say 'technically challenged' to go back and finish the thought there (after a keyboard slip killed my connection) . . . Where was I? Searched by date again and found a few more of us who were there and other fans of the show.

I was there. Start to finish - the whole show has the little gems. Sparkles. Bird Song that night is always a favorite show memory. David Lemieux is saying how his 3-26-87 Bird Song is the best played/recorded performance, and hearing it on DaP #36 I'd allow that. If that'd been the Bird Song I'd first seen, I would put it at the top of the list too.

I don't have an opinion about best all time song rendition (of anything) because it's too hard to listen to all the tapes!

Even if it weren't so hard (like if you are the archivist for the band), then the recording quality is going to become more of a factor in your choice. And there can be no (or little) doubt the about it: This new Dave's Picks Vol 36, 3-26-87, speaking from the sonic point of view, has it all over the 1981 boards, which were very dry and sometimes roughly mixed. In 1981 I'm not sure the band wasn't mastering the boards only to HQ cassette, and there were seeders a tree - sometimes gaps happened downward the branch, but even top deck on a chain is a step down from 7 or 10 inch Open Reel etc.

12-26-81 Oakland Civic Auditorium.

Well, my dupe of the Jim P. audience master tape, has served me very well - it still amazes me.
    Side A has Boss Man, Bird Song and Big RR Blues. I had to check the list. Boss Man and Big RR Blues. Same set. Side two, Some Drums, w the "A Day at the Dentist" space into Eleven Jam, Truckin'... My tape cut Black Peter, but still... Some fun. I guess Jerry had the blues that night -- I had to check my memory runnin' some old kind of trick... Boss Man and Big RR Blues! But that Big Boss Man, I just read they only did it the once with Garcia on lead Vocs?
    Wow - I didn't know that.

I have always enjoyed 12-26-81. My C-60 always sounded just like the show to me. (at least when I had a good stereo set up)
    The tapers I knew back then had developed a three mic set up and used a pre-amp on the phantom channel, (or was the the xy pair)--they employed a sweetener on the low end - and 1981 they were experimenting with DBX to extend total dynamic range. Not perfected yet but close...

It was really hard to make your copy of the master tapes - they output real clean at average or low volume, so one was tempted to boost input - then as the band peaked you'd get over saturation, which can cause distortion (even on cassettes) and you'd get tape more hiss if you didn't boost.
    People use input limiters, and signal compression, (now available as various digital plug-ins for various mastering platforms), all the time for pro remastering now, but back then, you came with your tape blanks and deck and get jacked directly to the output bus if there was one, or straight in the back of the next deck in the sequence if they didn't even have a bus.
    Well - I sort of , I guess I kind of miss taping parties.

• SunshineDel

In the days when the Grateful Dead ran the business, I never had any problems! I think it criminal that this company treats us like shit! When you pre-order, you are being USED for venture capital! Basically they are using your money to produce the product! In the past, they use to reward us for this by delivering the product you paid for, on or before the sale date! Now it seams that greed has taken over and any thank you is gone! Please give us the support we are paying for!

• SunshineDel

It it obvious that your new shipping methods DON'T WORK! Why can't you deliver this on time any more? Ever since the Grateful Dead sold out, service has gone down hill! PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM!

• Lovemygirl

... I used to think Jerry played his electric guitar like an Acoustic guitar, and sometimes Vice versa! I am a DeadHead & BrainDead! 😅💀🌹

• TimP

DP33 -- great playing but to me late 77 is the beginning of Keith becoming irrelevant to the sound. The problem being that the Yamaha electric grand he started to use from Autumn 77 simply doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned. Weedy sound -- muddles too much with the rhythm guitar, no real dynamics.

It just annoys me how awful it sounds - ps I am a pianist :)

• robkuhn6872

I was expecting to receive this, too, since it is in the Track Listing with no caveat -- which I now discover they only included on the Product Description tab -- not exactly fair and righteous! You know, it pays to act fast if you want one of these, so once I checked the Track Listing, I just went ahead and placed my order based on that. And that bonus disc is a deal breaker for me this time around. But rather than just (try to) return it, since it's sold out, I'll be looking for someone who might want to buy it directly from me. I don't even know if there's a direct contact method in here, but if anyone is interested in buying the basic 3-disc set, see if you can get in touch with me and we'll work something out. Thanks for listening!

• woopher
    Default Avatar

Exchanged a few emails with customer service. Last one was 2 months ago and I was assured that I would be updated with any new information. Is no news good news?? On the plus side, I got #34 last week and it's better than I hoped it would be!

• ChinaMattSunflower

I wouldn't be hard on yourself. They've been having delivery problems for past 2 years or so. I've started getting the subscription delivered to me overseas, and then the Picks I really can't live without - I'll have one shipped direct to my sister in the USA. Easy to blame covid - but reality is these problems been going on a while now (I still never got my Vol. 29). When you can eventually get Rhino to respond properly - they do a good job at trying to make amends.. but it's ridiculous they've allowed this to go on so long.

• Vguy72

....did you subscribe? If yes, then it comes with the pick. If ala cart, it's not included.

• smorris101
    Default Avatar

I received my copy if DaPicks #34 in the mail today but no bonus disc, do y'all know if that is being shipped seperately??

Cheers

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

Just like the singular Cornell, just like the one later called Sunshine Daydream, just like hallowed Hampton, DeKalb stands legend on its own as one of the most sensational performances the Grateful Dead ever did do. Early tape-trading circles earmarked the show as upper-echelon and when you have a listen, we're sure you'll be inclined to agree. The original reel-to-reel recordings have been shined and polished to perfection, showcasing mighty fine fret work, sparkling keys, and unparalleled harmonies. In fact, we can hardly pick favorites - from start to finish, there's just too much good stuff!

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 33: EVANS FIELD HOUSE, N. ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, DEKALB, IL 10/29/77 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

11 years 1 month

Who's Afraid Of The Big Band Monk - Thelonious Monk (out of print vinyl rip)

Always Know - Thelonious Monk (out of print vinyl rip)

Stax 50th Anniversary Celebration - Various Artists

Various Live tracks - Van Morrison (I ripped a bunch of bonus tracks from various releases and burned them a single disc)

Live At The Moonlight Club 1979 - The Specials

Hopefully later today I'll find out if the Dick's Picks Vol 11 I hid in the used bookstore is still there!

user picture

Member for

7 years 7 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Eyes was the single most beautiful melody that the boys ever laid down. It would sound beautiful as an instrumental. The lyrics are also very cool, but the melody is so damn good it doesn't even need them. You could sing the words of a city council proposal for a zoning variance to that melody, and you'd have yourself a permit to put a dispensary next to a daycare center by the third chorus.

user picture

Member for

7 years 10 months

Hey, y'all. It's been a long, long time since I've been logged on here, but I've been lurking. Had a hard time getting into my account when they went to the new site, but hopefully, I'll be able to be back on here more often. Love Eyes as well... the instrumental comment made me think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voLdRQ-19dc

Hope everyone is well and enjoying some beers, some GOGD, and life.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by Old Chief Smokem

Incredible Eyes, played on 8/6/74, followed by a 35 minute Playing-Scarlet-Playing jam to end the set. And that's just the first set. Not particularly relevant to the matter in hand, but it was the last Eyes I listened to earlier this week.

jriggy - always good to check these things out.
Oroborous - perfect summary of this board at its best.

user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

In reply to by Roguedeadguy

I am in agreement 100% with your Eyes of the World comment.

For whatever reason, pretty much ever since I REALLY heard this for the first time on Without a Net, then on One From the Vault, I was forever hooked. I had noticed how, between these two versions, the song took on a completely different personality in terms of its composition, its sound, how it's physically structured, whether it's nicely jammed out or a more quick run through - all of the different Eyes from all the different eras are all ......different. I've always loved this song because of that. Depending on what year you're listening to, you're gonna get a very distinctly sounding song. It's nearly impossible to choose, but I have always held the early June '76 versions in high esteem; the way they flip-flopped the song on it's head, and put the typically ending jam at the start and in some cases will explore this for more than six minutes before the initial verse. Then there are the fast versions, later in the 70's, then in the 80's they got VERY fast paced and much shorter, until finally at one of the Albany shows in Spring '90 (the performance of the song they did right before the famed Branford addition) , it seemed to slow down for good and begin to expand once again as it did for the duration of the band's existence. Going back though, to even the very first showing of this song on 2/9/73 - THAT version will always stand out as among the very top versions they've ever played. I mean, how many bands could you actually say, that the very first time they played a song live it was among the very best times they ever did it? And that time being now 47 YEARS AGO.

I'm not at all surprised by the universal love for this one. It does, however, provide some affirmation of my near obsession with the melody since that fateful first attention-paid listen back in September '90.

Bah dah dah dum
Bah dah dah dum

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Here’s what’s on my menu:

Finishing up the newly released Widespread Panic Carbondale 2000 show on vinyl. This is one of my favorites from them and the vinyl pressing and sound quality elevate it to new levels.

Also recently spun WSP Montreal 97, which also sounds great but had some skips.

Love me some Thelonius Monk and recently picked up a nice used copy of Monk’s Dream.

Warren Zevons new pressing of Excitable Boy sounds awesome and is glow in the dark...great for howlin at the moon while drinking beer!

My biggest problem right now is that most of my pants shrunk over the holidaze. My wife says its all the beer I drink. Still trying to figure out WTF that has to do with my pants shrinking? I’m having a problem and she wants to talk about my alcoholism...ugh!

It’s Friday so just popped opened a King Sue Double IPA from Topling Goliath in Decorah, IA. Big brother to my favorite beer Psuedo Sue which I found out is actually labeled a Pale Ale as opposed to an IPA....and this whole time I thought I was drinking an IPA, go figure....doesnt change my opinion though.

Later tonight down to Knuckleheads to see my favorite Dead cover band The Schwag. Good drink, good smoke, great people and even better music. Jimmy Tebeau may not be the best fake Jerry, but he’s my favorite and he’s a bass player!

Can’t wait, and then next week KCs on to the Super Bowl to play the 49ers of San Francisco, home to the GOGD...Sorry Bob, but if I have my way, you’ll be singing the blues next Monday!

Be well freaks (Ain’t Life Grand?!)

KCJ

Edit: Love that article on bluegrass and Z Buds. I like that Billy Strings is right out front with it. I’m making efforts to do the same lately. Eff prohibition. For those interested Billy’s live streaming from Tippitinas for free tonight:

https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=168&utm_source=nugsnewsletter&utm_medium=e…

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

That Staxx 50th Anniversary is full of good stuff, I picked that up a while ago. Liked it so much that I picked up the Staxx Complete Singles Box Sets, Vol. 1, 2, & 3. A total of 28 discs spanning 1955-1975 and worth picking up if you dig that Staxx sound.

Surprised this one hasn't sold out yet.

user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

I also love that first Terrapin from 2-26-77.

It has a unique melody in the Lady With A Fan solo, that's different from all the others played subsequently. In later versions, The LWAF solo was one where Garcia played essentially the same melody time after time, but not this one.

My choice for first version played = best version would be the Wharf Rat from 2-18-71. To me, it has a tension (nerves?) and intensity in the vocal that's not quite as present in later versions.

I know what you mean about STAX...I drove down to Phoenix a couple of weeks ago to see Booker T Jones perform...what a night and a sweetheart of a gentleman to boot...

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Stoltzfus...started this one earlier after you mentioned it. Third disc is indeed special....GDTRFB right now!

Funny enough the second disc into disc 3 is similar to DeKalb from the standpoint of setlist.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

In reply to by nappyrags

Dave's Picks 33 will sell out on or just before 1 February 2020. If not, shortly thereafter 1 February 2020. Sorta similar (but not exactly) to the first year of this series.
I bought the 2020 subscription, I forgot I did and ordered a copy the other day.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Or mourning is more like it. A fellow dead Net post ER emailed me today. Of all the rock and roll deaths Neil peart's has really bummed me the fuck out. Aside from the Grateful Dead, which was an acquired taste that came a little bit later in life for me, despite my having seen them two times with Jerry, I basically had four primary favorite groups. The who came first, well actually kiss came 1st, but mind left body is probably the only character here who can appreciate how good kiss was considering how atrocious there lyrics were. Then there was rush and yes. For some reason Entwistle and Squires death did not affect me quite the way Neil peart's has. Can explain. I love them all the same. But anyway this was the 4th or 5th email I received asking where I've been. While I have just about every note they played on my phone, the Sirius Radio tribute was something special. Lots of interludes of interviews between songs, Etc I even ran into an old DJ used to call on either WMMR or wysp in Philadelphia, Earle Bailey. Rush was the most consistent touring band of the ones I mentioned. They really were like returning friends when we would go see them. My brother, my Buffalo cousin and me. Rush did not have have casual fans. I imagine they were like the Grateful Dead was prior to the Mega Dead eras that was ushered in by Touch of Grey. For all intents and purposes there were never any bands changes and they never fought amongst themselves. It was like the same 20000 people came to the Arenas every tour. You either got it or you weren't there. And they knew that and they knew us. The setlist and Stage shows got better and longer the older they got because unlike this dick heads Simmons and Stanley who were famous for saying the fans are there boss, despite a history of ripping off the fans, rush really did do it for us, and because they enjoyed what they were doing. They were our underground cult band, and they had no rival at what they did. Every writing band has its prime, and Rush had its share of mediocre songs past its prime, but they always had at least half an hour bh'em worth of solid Rush Tunes. And their final swan song in the studio was probably the best record they made since their only mistake in my humble opinion, which was firing Terry Brown they're producer for their first 10 albums, including the live ones. I kind of leave the first album out of the statistical and historical timeline because, let's face it, there's nobody on this planet I believe so John rutsey play drums at a rush concert.

So that's where I've been. I got a 3 month free trial subscription for Sirius radio and have been enjoying the homage to Neil. I had barely listened to a note of anything other than the Grateful Dead since April of 2014, when I saw Sunshine Daydream on the Shelf at Barnes & Noble. I had about 12 to 15 Dead shows up until then, but only Cherry Picked what I felt were the better songs. Then Europe 72 came after Sunshine Daydream oh, that the days pics subscription, and so on. This is a rambler of a post sorry I'm in the car. But I've been back into the dead a little bit and quite frankly there's nothing like the other one from 1971.

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Is truly sad. I have been on a bit of a rush kick for several months after not really listening to since high school. Been getting a bit of Dead fatigue and Rush is basically polar opposite and forgot how much I loved them. Although spinning 2/28/69 so guess I'm not too fatigued...

Stumbled on this quote from Neil Peart on Mickey Hart "I remember talking to Mickey Hart during our last tour," Neil continues. "I had written to him after having read his excellent book, Drumming On The Edge Of Magic. So he gave me a call and that's how we hooked up. Seeing the Grateful Dead was impressive, realizing just how much improvisation goes on at their shows. Mickey told me that some nights a Dead show is dull; the improvisational thing just won't get going. Yet on other nights it's just magical. It's a risk that the band takes every night, and their audience takes that chance too. I respect the band for having the courage to do that.”

Amen!

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by Gratefulgriller

....i appreciate KISS as well. Solid rock. I appreciate AC/DC, Maiden, Priest, Motley Crue, Sabbath, Slayer, Testament, Metallica / Megadeth, Accept, Motorhead, etc as well. The metalhead in me came first. GD came later. It was a narrow window, but I made it work.

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by Gratefulgriller

That’s why you could go to Dead shows every night, but you only needed to see one Rush show per tour and you pretty much saw the whole tour.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

....believe me. I tried. No regrets. Got over fifty under my fanny pack.
Umphreys McGee has my current attention btw.
I dipped my toe in, then proceeded to do a belly flop.
Searching for the Sound....

user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Sorry I forgot who said to go back to Dicks Picks Volume 1 in Tampa, but I went back to 5/25/77 Richmond show. I had the tape since the mid 80's, and I sort of half listen to the CD when it arrived, but I am kicking myself for not paying more attention to the Scarlet>Fire... Just restarted Scarlet after listening to both songs... have a good weekend everyone.. bob t

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

The KISS comment was more of a "don't throw rotten tomatoes at me" remark. Was 5 yrs old when my neighbor gave me the 45 for Detroit Rock City. I should also say that KISS retired after the Farewell Tour of 2000. The current iteration of the band that is doing this end of road tour is nothing more than a cover band with two original members. I never have and never will sink a dime into any iteration of the band that doesn't include Ace Frehley. When they did their reunions tours in the 90s were the original band, you couldn't even really hear Stanley's guitar unless Frehley was soloing or not playing for very fleeting moments when Stanley owned a riff (like the opening to Deuce for example). Ace was always playing rhythm and lead. Much different than the Young brothers in AC/DC. End of rant ;-)

Icecreamconekid - true, like most bands in those days, they played the same set list each show. They began rotating 3 or 4 songs on their last couple of tours....but either way night 3 was always as good as night one on a tour (and better than sitting at home). Besides, we were usually so blasted, there always plenty of "did they play this last night?" moments. It's funny you mention it actually. A few months ago I went through the Mick Taylor setlist years for the Rolling Stones, and not only did they play the same setlist, they only played 12 to 15 songs, and they did it twice a day, an early show and a late show. I can't imagine going to a Stones concert and only getting an hour. And for fuck's sake how did they do three tours with Mick Taylor after Can't You Hear Me Knocking came out, and never play at live? They had all of the extra musicians on stage (sax, congas, etc). One of the great Mysteries... Not so unlike why the Grateful Dead dropped bird song in '74.

Minas good to see you're back, hope all is well.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 3 months

NOT........
SOLD OUT yet it looks like TPTB finally found the magic number to not sell out in under an hour or is it because this show has been widely available as a SBD for many years. Let's say DL chooses 10/18/72 for release do you think it'll sell out in hours? I must admit though, being able to still order a Daves Pick on a rainy Saturday morning is nice. It's Saturday DeadLand PLAY DEAD & play DEAD LOUD!!!!

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

The whole purpose of AI is to be able to build a terminator.
It’s Count Vlad’s final solution for getting the contents of the Vault.

The irony of reCRAPTCHA is that the claim is made that it’s to verify your humanity, but every time you do it you help build the training set that is used to program the bots.

Kang and Kodos are right now saying “silly earthlings, they think that they can outsmart the bots.”

Rush:
Didn’t they warn us about the bots in one of their songs?
The Rush website lists tours and the setlists. I looked it over one time and it barely varied throughout the tour, sometimes a song would be swapped out.
But that’s how most bands did it, and why there weren’t a lot of mistakes in the playing, because it was well rehearsed.
As Neil said in the comment below, he respected GD for their courage to go out and play it different every time.

And that courage is why we are all still here, some 65 years after Mother McCree’s Uptown Jug Champions decided to go electric, both musically and with their Kool-Aid.

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

I like the 6-16 China/Rider better.

I’m listening to these as I test out my robot-approved newly upgraded 1TB iPod. I encountered some problems last weekend where I couldn’t transfer data to the iPod past the capacity of the first 256 GB card, even though it showed available storage as 953 GB. I solved the problem by restoring the iPod with iTunes, then I used disk utility on Mac to reformat the iPod as if it was a hard drive. Disk utility originally reported the iPod as 1TB across 4 volumes (the individual 256 GB SDXC cards). After reformatting the iPod appeared as 1 TB across a single volume. Then went back to iTunes and restored the iPod again. Transferred music over night and this morning there was over 300 GB of music on it. Woo Hoo!
Currently have all my commercial CDs in ALAC format on it. Have a lot of available space, so will add GD shows with good sound that I don’t expect to be released in the near future, like the 90’s stuff.
The iPod lost half its weight when the spinning HD was removed, it’s really light now and doesn’t feel like an iPod.

6-16
The Eyes>Big River slide is mighty fine.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Less than an hour from Alpine Valley...you may be onto something there stoltzfus

Whats the best Alpine Valley Show? Might make for a nice Saturday...suggestions?

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

In reply to by CaseyJanes

Lived in Beloit until 1980 when we moved to the west coast....Janesville just north of Beloit.

Never made it to Alpine

But

8 7 82 is hot
7 6 and 7 84
6 23 88

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

It never occurred to me, as a young person, to see the same band twice on the same tour. In the early-mid 70s, I was still at school. Loads of great bands turned up in Manchester in this period-1972-1975, and it was like being visited by people from another galaxy when Bowie, The Stones, Sabbath etc came to town. It suited me at the time, I suppose, that they were well rehearsed and made few errors, more than if they had taken chances and risked cocking things up. Whether they were playing the same set throughout the tour mattered not a jot. I never knew if I would ever see a particular band again, so every note had to count.

I didn't expect, at 15, to be still going to gigs at 62. We were all supposed to die before we got old or something.

user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Caseyjanes, also if you want you can watch Downhill From Here, which is 7/17 and part of 7/19/89. bob t

user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Rainy night in Rhode Island, thought I would listen to this one.... just started with opening of first set with U.S. Blues... Looking forward to the Crazy Fingers>Comes A Time in the 3rd and 4th slot of the 1st set!!! bob t

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Thanks guys will check those out!

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

So has everyone gotten a shipping notice yet? I have not.

user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

So good!!! I am a big fan of June 76 shows!!! On the Eyes of the World right now!!! Next up 6/23/76!!! That Playing is so good!!! Happiness is Drumming!!! bob t

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Check out the weird intro. to St. Stephen on 6-15-76 only audible on the audience or matrix tape. I wonder if they'd splice it or fade it in like they did on RT 4.5 6.9.76 Boston when it comes time for it to be released. Another thing that catches my eye about this show among others is the 5 minute Scarlet Begonias. Stella Blue is rated pretty highly on Heady Version.

https://www.relisten.net/grateful-dead/1976/06/15/saint-stephen?source=…

P.S. edit re: CaseyJanes best Alpine give 6-22-85 a spin sometime. I liked that one although there are probably better, the 89 run would get a lot of votes.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Thank you for sharing your sparkling, pristine scan of the Dave's 33 Cover! Beautiful! Can't wait for the show to land – it's gonna be a melter!!! Onward.

(No shipping notice here yet.)

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

No, Rush definitely didn't switch it up much; all I was saying is in later tours they began swapping songs in and out, depending on the leg of the tour or in their last few tours, depending on the night. Ironically one of the songs is the one I believe you're referring to, The Body Electric (where A.I. takes over). They swapped that one in and out on the Clockwork Angels Tour, along with a couple of others. The R40 tour would sometimes swap in, Clockwork Angels, Camera Eye or Losing it, and a couple others. The one tour I remember best is Roll the Bones. Had seen them in Philly twice in December and then at The Meadowlands the following June. We had no weed, but the girls behind us did... prior to the show my brother talked about wanting to hear Vital Signs and I wanted to hear Analog Kid (which I'd never heard them play live before). Two minues after smoking they played both, plus The Trees (didn't play any of these in Philly). Certainly not the Grateful Dead's idea of switching things up, but it happened here and there.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Can someone please identify which show is referred to as "the hallowed Hampton" mentioned in the Dave's Picks 33 background info? I have recordings of the others and am waiting on 33, but I'd like to hear the hallowed Hampton. Is it an '89 show? Help is appreciated. Thanks!

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

Not sure either
Maybe october 89
But that was two shows

Maybe dave is losing it
Or he just saw another seal

Love ya dave

Dickus Pickus
Lol
Nappyrags

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I'm finding it nearly impossible to find the Blu-ray Rush R40 6 disc box set for a decent price. I recall you picked this up a few months ago. How much did you end up paying for it? Thx

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

The last 5 or 6 orders through the store..I have received the Item before the Shipping notice

user picture

Member for

4 years 1 month

In reply to by Chuck

I hope that's the case here, because I still have not received my shipping notice yet.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Has anyone listened to it all the way through yet?

P.S. Traffic lights

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-33.html