• 1,829 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Sweet liberty! We're venturing into the depths of 80s Dead with the complete show from 4/20/84 at the Philadelphia Civic Center and we're placing bets you'll think this one is more than fine. A strong contender for our mega 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN boxed set, 4/20/84 missed the cut by virtue of its setlist being a wee bit too similar to the years before and after. As DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 35, it's found its time to shine. The first set delivers yin yang harmony between Jerry and Bobby songs, yielding driven and powerful takes on tracks like "Feel Like A Stranger," "Cold Rain And Snow," and "Brown-Eyed Women." The second set begs the question - will we ever stop peaking? - with a monumental "Scarlet>Fire," a ripping "Samson and Delilah," a "Space" that pulls shapes that know no names, and that "Morning Dew" - get.in.to.it! And because this one might have ended just a little too soon, we've packed disc 2 and 3 with knock-your-socks-off bonus material from most of the second set from the previous night, 4/19/84. Grab ahold while you can!

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.35: PHILADELPHIA CIVIC CENTER, PHILADELPHIA 4/20/84 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and is guaranteed to sell out. 

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Vguy72
    What do you call a Christmas wreath made of $100 bills?....

....Aretha Franklin's.
    I remember goonie birds very well. Or do I?

• LedDed

Gooney Bird was my first acid. Our friend Todd hooked up me and my then-girlfriend. I was 19. It was unforgettable. The door to the universe swung wide open, and thank God it has always remained open if only a crack at times.

Dude - this John Zorn is awesome!! Nothing like Slayer. Sounds like Yes/Crimson on steroids with good production values and I love the nod to YYZ they keep throwing in on the turnaround.

Ah, the cool stuff just keeps on coming. Thanks y'all.

• JimInMD

To Jeff, one of the most helpful people here.

• Sixtus_

Thanks Jeffsmith....that worked. for some reason the comment link still doesn't show when I load the page; perhaps I need to cookie purge.

Onward, indeed!

Sixtus

• JeffSmith

https://www.dead.net/forum/daves-picks-volume-36-hartford-civic-center-…

Onward, ;-)

• Sixtus_

...page is up, but I'm not seeing any comments section - is that just me?

Sixtus

• Mr. Ones

Keith's first show, and as usual, DAVEROCK is spot on. Fantastic show. I particularly love the first set Comes A Time & Casey Jones. The second set blazes all the way through. VERY impressive for a first gig. It's part of the "Yellow Box' that was available through Amazon UK for quite a while. May still be, I'm not sure. I think I got 10 shows(30 discs) for about $26.00. You just can't beat that.
    29 minutes until #36 announcement/sale.

Music is STILL the best!!

Edit: We WILL know 37 at the time of early bird (hence the reason to buy, buy, buy now). We MIGHT know 38 just before pre-order is over. But we do have to wait for 39 & 40 (you know, the late '70's or '80's shows).

• proudfoot

nyuk nyuk

• daverock

Rollicking good show. One of the best of 1971, and you can feel the door opening out into 1972.

• mcgrupp216
    Default Avatar

Ah, thanks. Trying to remember, so we won’t know 37 during early bird sales, which ended Nov. 18 last year. Looking forward to 36 details!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

Sweet liberty! We're venturing into the depths of 80s Dead with the complete show from 4/20/84 at the Philadelphia Civic Center and we're placing bets you'll think this one is more than fine. A strong contender for our mega 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN boxed set, 4/20/84 missed the cut by virtue of its setlist being a wee bit too similar to the years before and after. As DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 35, it's found its time to shine. The first set delivers yin yang harmony between Jerry and Bobby songs, yielding driven and powerful takes on tracks like "Feel Like A Stranger," "Cold Rain And Snow," and "Brown-Eyed Women." The second set begs the question - will we ever stop peaking? - with a monumental "Scarlet>Fire," a ripping "Samson and Delilah," a "Space" that pulls shapes that know no names, and that "Morning Dew" - get.in.to.it! And because this one might have ended just a little too soon, we've packed disc 2 and 3 with knock-your-socks-off bonus material from most of the second set from the previous night, 4/19/84. Grab ahold while you can!

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.35: PHILADELPHIA CIVIC CENTER, PHILADELPHIA 4/20/84 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and is guaranteed to sell out. 

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by P Hill

.....that was the longest sentence i've seen in my life!

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

Looking forward to this -I’ve been ordering the Dave’s Picks since the turn of the year on a one off basis -I think it’s got to be a full subscription in 2021 -to save costs?? if any ? only thing is the extra customs charges to Scotland,UK (£12+) is a bit of a pain -hopefully a full subscription works out cheaper long term than buying individually every few months :)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years 9 months

These were my first three shows. So much of those three nights that I remember like yesterday, or at least no more than a few months ago. Scarlet Begonias is the song that flipped the switch for me about a year earlier. I was ecstatic to hear it that Friday night. It's more than held up on tape for all of these years. I didn't see anyone mention that some folks figured out you could climb the front wall of the building to get to the second floor to go in the (of course) unlocked windows of the balcony lobby. I think that was the second night. Saw one guy I remember inside as he ran down from the second floor celebrating his entry through the windows, after my friends and I entered the old fashioned way with tickets. Didn't seem like the greatest idea at the time. I chalked it up to impatience with the line. If they were paying customers and didn't fall onto and hurt anyone on the ground, I figured it was harmless. I was young. I didn't know how bad the gate crashing would get in the end.

One more thing about the Civic Center. It had a proscenium stage, so there wasn't room under the stage for the sound system amplifiers like in arenas where the stage is constructed with scaffolding. The PA amplifiers were stacked on either side with the LED level meters visible to the house. It was a really cool visual in addition to Candace's normal light show.

Philly was always a high energy crowd. Many great memories at Philly Dead shows. Passed by the civic center on Amtrak many times between NYC and DC in later years until it was torn down. Always made me reflect on great memories.

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

And I detest a 35 min cd. So, I'm looking forward to the extra material, all good songs, even if the tracking is odd. Not a huge 80s fan, the 1984 show from 30 Trips was a good one, and I am a big fan of 7/13/84, not just the Dark Star but the Scarlet> Touch> Fire> Man Smarter is fantastic, too. Interested to check this one out. Hoping it arrives in a more timely fashion than Workingman's (still no arrival 10 days after a "shipping notice" that still has no status) and the last 2 Dave'ses. Luckily, I got Workingman's on amazon, and it arrived from them in 30 hours, for 17 bucks less. And Workingman's is one where I'll excuse the 38 min disc, since a nice sounding multitrack is included on 2 other discs. But then, the whole Angel's Share stuff makes one wish some of that space was used for interesting bits... Oh, and I just bought 99 min CDRs recently, and it's great to get full sets on a single disc that had been split before.

VGuy that was a pretty long sentence, though it was definitely a run on. Faulkner once stuffed 1,288 words in a sentence that was grammatically correct with ellipses, semi-colons, dashes, and commas aplenty. Perhaps that's why it took me years to finish Absalom, Absalom.

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

They must be saving it for a box set.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

Very grateful for another 80’s show. Variety is the spice of life. Can’t wait to hear it.

Filler or no filler, I am a tiny bit concerned about the breaking up of Space...I am sure there is some reasoning behind what they did, besides adding more material, but it would’ve been nice if Dave explained it in his chat. I guess we’ll all know more when we listen to it.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

"You're like the old woman with a Virginia Ham under her arm, and she goes around cryin' cuz she's got no bread" - Tony Soprano.

I can't believe all the complaints. I, for one, am psyched about the new Dave's Picks. I could have only dreamed of having the quality of recordings offered thru the Dave's Picks series back in the day when I was attending Dead shows. I am also happy that Dave has packed these discs with bonus material nearly encompassing a complete second set from the same run of shows. I appreciate that Dave and the other producers arrange the tracks to get maximum usage out of the discs and so that no jamming from the featured show is interrupted (Space not withstanding).

Dave, please don't worry about greasing all these squeaky wheels complaining about the bonus tracks...some people are just looking for a reason to complain. There are many, many more of us thrilled with your Picks and eagerly await this newest one. Thanks much.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years 9 months

to the person who said they donated their dave's picks collection to half price books, did you by chance donate them to a store in Kansas? I remember seeing a few volumes in a store there, but it was mainly a lot of road trips that they had actually. I had purchased some of them from other locations too. If you care to share when and where u donated them I am curious because I may have been the one who ended up ordering some of your donations.....

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Great quote, I love the Sopranos, but it was Junior Soprano that said the line about the old lady and the ham first. That show never gets old, I rewatch it every couple of years.

Looking at the 2nd set it seems to me the split in space was the obvious choice for best continuity. It doesn't look like any standard song had a clean break. I think most heads would opt for a split in space rather than between 2 songs. That said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What's my preference obviously is simply mine no one else's
Those 99 minute cds are fun to play with. I've been using them for years. The best ones were from the defunct CompUSA. Of course they're really 92+ even with overburn which means they wouldn't help here. And you certainly wouldn't want to use them as a primary

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Dave/Dead.net- if you're listening, please count this as another vote/plea for future releases to put bonus tracks on a separate bonus disc (as was done with Vol
34 and the great Workingman's Dead release). I really like dropping 3 (or 4) discs in my CD player and being transported back to a show. Even just having bonus tracks at the end of the same CD as a concert (or an album) is disruptive to the experience... having bonus tracks IN THE MIDDLE of a show is terrible. I wouldn't want bonus tracks in the middle of Abbey Road... and I'd beg of you to stop putting them in the middle of otherwise transcendent concerts.

A Dead show has a structure... a beginning, a middle, an end. Please let us have them that way.

Thanks for listening. Great job on the Workingman's Dead release! Stay safe.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

This looks like a good one. Bonus tracks are always welcome but the split space is strange. So be it though. I like to think the 20 daps and the box sets I have saved up in mint condition are like an small insurance policy for my daughter when I drop dead. There are rules what you do with them when I'm gone and that they are not to be used to screw people for way more then cost so that the collection always keeps good karma rolling from deadhead to deadhead.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

In reply to by Mr. Ones

MR ONES, okay but mine is not a gift I pay a considerable sum of money for my subscription and delivery, plus the added cost of import fees and their associated collection costs at near extra 50%.
It's okay to say thank you on every single GD release, but if you feel somethings not quite in order why would you want to remain silent, I'm sure Dead.net appreciates the criticism, it is better than being ignored.

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Personally, I love having the bonus songs. It also doesn't bother me the way they're sequenced here as it has to be done in a way to fit on cds. Perhaps I'm the only one old enough to remember tape trading days but back then it wasn't uncommon to get filler when there was room. You could get turned on to some really amazing stuff this way. It's also nice to see an 1984 show turn up in the series and the bonus stuff is great. Thanks so much!!!

user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

I would have preferred main show continuity across the 3 discs with bonus added after conclusion of main show on disc 3 ... Even if some transition into a Chuck Berry song gets split from disc 2 to disc 3 ... Many of us still do spin the actual CD's, with multi-disc changers, which means ideally you load the 3 discs and listen to the 4 20 84 show straight through, then get the 4 19 84 bonus at the end. ✌

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by dissident1980

Reading these posts, it occurred to me that maybe it would be helpful if Deadnet. conducted a survey to find out what people are hoping for with these releases. It was mentioned on one of the other boards, by Billy the Kid, I think( apologies if I got this wrong) that it might work if we were surveyed about which year we would like for one release. But maybe a more extensive questionnaire could be devised, asking which years we would choose, our views on partial shows, shows which have less than great sound quality but feature great music...as well as what we think about fillers and how/if they should be inserted. Just a thought. As Sydney Prentice pointed out - these are really expensive if you live in Europe, so it is important that they go some way towards meeting most peoples expectations.

Snafu...ha..yes, good old 45s. I was bit younger when I used to play them ! Still got boxes of them upstairs from the 70s. I think the last one I got was the 12" Touch of Grey, which I got for Brother Esau, it not being on In The Dark.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

In reply to by daverock

when this release came out I looked up the setlist for this run and have to admit the setlist for the 19th definitely got my attention so I was extremely pleased to see so much of it included here. We'll get another release from 1984 about the same time this new comet comes back around again so I'm going to enjoy this one as much as I can.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

I was a sophomore at Villanova and I went to both these shows. The Civic Center was a much better venue than the Spectrum. Great shows, both of them. Cant wait to get the CDs.

I for one am pumped for an 84 show.. The filler to me is gravy on the meat! Can't have enough of the good ol' Grateful Dead!!!❤

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I have no idea whether I'm in the majority or minority but it would be great to get the tax problems ironed out prior to the next four releases in the series.
These last three releases 32-34 have been an absolute nightmare and are still not over because I am still awaiting something back for vol 34.
Vol 32 they wanted £73 (that's an extra $91.00) and that was sorted out through the office.
Vol 33 they wanted £13 and that was a card repayment because that is how it was paid.
Vol 34 (£13) has apparently got to be paypal which is all well and good if your system is set up to receive and not just pay out as mine was, so I'm still waiting for anything...
Now Vol 35 is about to go and I'm guessing there will be yet another tax bill before I can pick it up.
Any chance you guys could get this sorted out before the subscription offer for the next four rolls around ?
Just sayin' (although prayin' is nearer the mark)
Chris

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

According to Google (and who am I to doubt) Jonathan Coe’s “ The Rotters Club” has a 33 page 13955 word sentence in it! I’ll stick to the Hatfield and the North album of the same name myself. My Garcialive #14 was posted out yesterday so it will be interesting to see how long that takes to arrive.

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by daverock

Dead.net has nothing to do with taxes that are imposed on goods purchased from the US and shipped all over the world. These taxes are the sole responsibility of your countries. I totally agree they seem crazy high and it would discourage me from buying goods from other countries outside of Europe.

Last year I purchased a CD from a guy in Denmark. Shipping was $25 and it took 8 weeks. It was a crapshoot and there was no tracking and one day the package showed up on my doorstep.

Be well.

user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

In reply to by Chris Ripple

Have had the same bother as others with taxes in the UK. It only happens when the discs are sent by UPS who take it upon themselves to charge customs tax and a handling fee and if you are not home when they deliver they charge a fee for a repeat delivery attempt.

Dead.net always sort this out and I get my disc in the end tax free, so I wish they would stop using UPS as other couriers don't do this.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

they were donated to half price in clear lake texas in 2018 time has flown and will

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

https://archive.org/details/gd1988-07-17.sbd.miller.87752.sbeok.flac16/…

Foolish Heart
Greatest Story Ever Told
Althea
Me and My Uncle
Big River
Candyman
Let it Grow

Box of Rain
Victim or the Crime
Crazy Fingers
Playin' in the Band
Uncle John's Band
drums
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
All Along the Watchtower
Believe it or Not
Throwin' Stones
Not Fade Away

Blackbird
Brokedown Palace

user picture

Member for

5 years 10 months

I am surprised it's not sold out yet!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

Such great shows. I always rip my discs so I don't really care about this filler "controversy"; the more music the better, especially when it's from such fine a show as 4/19.

HOWEVER... the stream posted of those first set songs is slowww.... Why? Hopefully this isn't the same on the discs. There have been a bunch of cassette-mastered shows with this issue, which boggles the mind. Hopefully it's not on the CDs this way.

It is slow, off pitch; soundboard on the Archive has the right pitch. Hopefully this is only affecting the stream.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

Haven't listened to a lot of 84, so am looking forward to hopefully discovering a new show I like. I do wonder why it's not 7/13, but Dave does not disappoint so we know this will be good. I've listened to a hell of a lot more 90's (I guess cuz that was my era of seeing shows) than 80's, and believe it or not, some good shows in 91-93, not tons, but some, probably a lot like 84.

Love the filler, please make this a staple Dave. There has been a lot of "dead" space on this series, RT's used filler for the gaps reguraly. Anyway, looking forward to hearing this, the new Garcia 14 (with bonus disc!), and of course WMD should be here anyway. What a time to a head!

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

any of yall receive bob minkins new book just jerry randomly in the mail do not recall ordering this yet its a outstanding piece of work

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

In reply to by P Hill

Apologies if this has been posted but this show sounds great on the archive. Normally I don't like to get spoiled before a show arrives in my mailbox but I figured life is short so why not. Listening to this recording is getting me even more excited for this release.

Enjoying my Friday afternoon with this : https://archive.org/details/gd1984-04-20.sbd.miller.103432.flac16/gd84-…

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

I'm sure that there is market for spliced and diced Dead shows, but I find it distracting and am not a fan. At some point it's a compilation, not a show. If this makes me a whiner, so be it. I have seen several fans of bonus content complain about short discs, so I suspect everybody whines, sometimes. It does seem odd that Dave talks up the second set sequence, including Space - "The second set begs the question - will we ever stop peaking? - with a monumental "Scarlet>Fire," a ripping "Samson and Delilah," a "Space" that pulls shapes that know no names, and that "Morning Dew" - get.in.to.it! ", and chose to break up the flow, making it much harder to "get.in.to.it". Obviously, my disappointment at this arrangement is shared by some and scorned by others on these threads. Such is life, I think I'll survive.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

In reply to by Charlie3

I am happy with an '84 release but then I'm happy with whatever they give me which is why I've subscribed from day 1. Do I have preferences, of course but I enjoy to a high level all the periods. As far as the Greek show ain't no doubt it was one of the highlights of the 80's and I would love a box as I managed to see all of them. From what I remember they suffer from what a lot of 80's shows do....not up to snuff for release.
As for filler keep it coming. That's what your program button is for. Me I burn it inline. In this case without moving anything as the songs of the 2nd set all segued and they picked the only logical point.
As far as selling out. It's an 80's show and for their own reasons a lot of heads won't buy it. Their loss. Add to that the bump to 22,000 and this will take a bit longer to sell out

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

38 years ago today I was down at the Ventura County Fairgrounds, as the Dead wrapped up their first visit there with another fun show. They brought back Crazy Fingers, which hadn't been played in 6 years. The Dead played some fantastic venues in the 1980s, the Greek, the Frost ,the Warfield, Ventura and others. I'm sure they also played some really cool places back East, I never made it further east then Nevada to see the Dead.

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

...funny,Keith fan, you mention you worked at a video store. I grew up in a video store starting in the early 80’s. My mother had one of the very first video stores in Bergen Country, NJ. It was called “Northvale Videos”, located in the Town of Northvale, one of the smallest town in northern. NJ, it’s on the border of New York. There was a pizza parlor next door, called “Tony’s pizzeria” with slices and a soda pop for 75cents! The pizza joint had a Pac-Man arcade game & another arcade game that looked like a gigantic c Caterpillar or something, I can’t remember the name. Finally, next door to the pizzeria their was a Dunkin’ Donuts which is still up & running. My mother’s video store eventually closed when larger chains of video stores started to open up; they soon popped up all over the state and country. Stores like,” Blockbuster“, “West coast video”, “Hollywood Videos”, & in the state of NJ, There was even “Shop-Rite Videos” connected to the infamous Food Market in Nj. A lot of celebrities who live in near by Alpine Nj, came / used my mother’s video star. Eddie Murphy Joe Piscopo Dan Aykroyd Bilmuri I’ll Pacino Lorraine Bracco, also the actress who played in the shining at all so she played olive oil in the movie Popeye, Earl Ray Jones, Al Pacino‘s wife at the time who played in the national lampoons vacation the blonde who played the mother forgot her name, Julia Roberts brother, and musicians, Al Di Meola, Eric Clapton, believe it or not Stevie wonder, and many more we’ll know actors & musians. . Eddie Murphy used to give me a roll of quarters to play the arcade games & pizza & sodas , he was really nice and always smiling. He used to drive a white corvette back then, it was beautiful! Dan Aykroyd was always smiling really nice as well. I remember Joe Piscopo he was kind of stuck up it Thr. He could be really nice. It depended if he came with a girl(s) then by himself! I used to work for ‘Hollywood video then it turned to west coast video. I was the eastern district manager when I was 17 years old, lol it was a cool job while it lasted and then I began college!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

I love variety, so I applaud the 1st, stand alone 1984 release.

Frankly, I just do not get all the filler griping. Maybe I am just used to having "Killer Filler" on a lot of tapes (though usually the first set).

More music = better. Have not done the math on the breaks, but generally speaking, virtually every 3 disc show in the D/S era has the break at D/S. Because this break in 2 minutes into Space, some are upset? Because the "continuity" of space is violated?

Come on, man. While I kind of get where this is coming from (as a completist), it's space. There is no real continuity to speak of.

Plus, we have a ton of easy to use tools at our disposal to fix this if it does bug you that much: Audacity, CD ripping, programming your CD player, actually getting up and hitting disc skip once in three hours. Tiny inconvenience, sure. But if it is that important, it can be remedied.

I for one will trade an extra hour of GD music per release for that every time! Plus 35 min discs are weak.

Wonder what the "sonething special" for 36 is? Wonder if it a 2 show/6 disc one like that Dicks from '77. Was that 30?

Anyway, YEAH! More GD music and a phat Stranger. Yummy.

guess 84 dead spooked everyone away its too much for even most quote unquote seasoned deadheads to grasp it seems personally 83 84 85 equal best years yes oh is that not allowed to say here well someone has to say it even this fat half retard yes and in the next life which is illusion will try and do better guess we are all indifferent in our own ways and thats being modest

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Why not make (almost) everybody happy and add the bonus material on a bonus disc? (As was done on the last volume)

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I thought this was the thread for people to discuss the new release coming out. The show itself, how its packaged, what people are looking forward to, differences between this release and past releases. Memories for those who were there, technical info about how it was recorded and how its been delivered to us. Is this not the place for those conversations?

The fact that people created an account here, found this comments section and took the time to post should suggest that they're excited about the releases in general and into the dead.

I've got them all. They don't do 4 discs with the obvious exception of the bonus. A business plan as has been discussed numerous times here over the years is a business plan. Whether the number of discs or making unlimited in stock forever. Means money

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Damn, this Dap is so good I cant stop playing it. Even when I'm watching a movie I keep it playing in the background on low. Still waiting for WMD.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by carlo13

Thanks for entertaining me the last half hour, LOL......normally I dig opposing views etc, that was a fun part of being a DH, think the lobby folks in the GD movie, but this release must be some kind of record for It?
Now as much as I get turned off by the emperor has new clothes rah, rah, everything they did is ALWAYS great uncritical cheerleader BS, (and before you insult me Jerry commented that it was sometimes frustrating that “they’ll eat anything” etc) this release isn’t even out yet and the majority of posts appear to be negative, again, doesn’t bother me I find it hilarious!
I totally get folks used to their legacy technology, and Id never criticize anyone for it, so only to weigh in,, not argue etc, but to me if your paying for 240 potential minutes of music, a few inconveniences, of which there are work arounds, is reasonable to give us as many of those 240 minutes as possible...

Personally, I’m just delighted we finally get something from 84, and from the 80s in general. I just hope it’s not another scenario like Boise 83, Chicago 79, or Boulder 81where many felt there were stronger shows.....yes, that is being picky, but again, for many, critical conversation has ALWAYS been part of the scene, which I don’t think is bad, because it’s usually based on such a love and devotion of this great band and all the wonderful music they’ve given us! So not outta negativity, but love.
Like, always been a Bills fan, for good or for ill,....and was a fanatic back in the day, but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t sit in the bar and discuss what went bad, or who fucked up the last game, and nobody got all butt hurt because we were being critical, why, because they understood it was outta love for something that we held near and dear, and usually based on objective observation of some kind.
What ever happened to critical thinking in this country? It’s either full on angry hate, or snowflake cheerleader. What ever happened to free thinking in the middle? Why can’t we LOVE a show, but point out it’s weaknesses too?

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-35.html