- August 3, 2019 - 10:48pmDon El RopoJoined:August 3, 2019Thank you , for a real good time...
Meet at the Movies in Australia acted as a great meeting place for people who don't know any other heads, our Australian Deadheads Facebook group grew its numbers by 15% in just a day after the movie as we talked to folks there and told them about our existence.
It would be better to have fewer theaters showing the shows in cities like Melbourne and Sydney as people arranged to meet at one place , at the Astor in Melbourne people arranged to meet there , where they had people dancing along, we were more sedate in Adelaide , there were about 20 people attending each viewing in Perth and Brisbane , have not had any reports from Sydney, as they don't seem to be as much of a community there,people are probably very spread out .
Lack of publicity was an issue , the local cinema in Adelaide did zip to publicize the event , if it can be done again we can try and spread the word on our Australian Deadhead Facebook group and get more to attend by handing out fliers and tacking up posters on bulletin boards.
- September 17, 2018 - 5:32pmriffraffroosterJoined:August 12, 2012I'm a Deadhead touristI might go to Australia next year. I'm not even sure if Sidney or Melbourne since I have never been there. I was wondering if any Heads out there on the island can shack me up for a week, maybe in March.My name is Joe. I am a US born male 58 years old. Thank you. My email is Mojocarma7@ yahoo.com
- September 15, 2018 - 9:25pmIce Creme KidJoined:October 21, 2008Melbourne StuffA couple of things... Ramblin Roses, Dave Evans From The Band Who Knew Too Much with Luke Plumb from Shooglenifty and a few other choice players, playing Dead/Band Cosmic Country.......Check em out Also the Racoon Club in Plenty Rd Preston, The owner Pricey always has tasty Dead on the House PA and theres a few DHs floating around the Bar, Tell em the Ice Creme Kid sent Ya!!!
- December 28, 2017 - 12:36pmSUZANNE IN LOS…Joined:December 28, 2017Anyone out there know lovely Liz Rutherford..?I met Liz in Guatemala in 1989. We became fast friends, and she visited me several times in Los Angeles. But we lost touch after I moved from my old place. I am hoping someone on this forum might know how to reach this incredible woman. She sold Guatemalan bracelets at Dead shows for at least a decade, and was known by so many on the tour. I saw footage of her in a Dead documentary awhile back. If anyone knows Lizzie, or how I might find her, please let me know. Her old friend Suzanne Ali in Los Angeles misses her!! Cheers! Suzanne Ali firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 6, 2017 - 7:05pmYounger_than_Y…Joined:July 1, 2009WInterland '69Any aussie fans keen to sell their Winterland '69 box or Road Trip bonus discs?
- August 26, 2017 - 5:33amAnna PJoined:August 26, 2017Hi Love and PeaceI'm here. I'm an Aussie who lived in the US for 21 years.Been back in Melbourne for a while now. I'm so thirsty for some good live jamband music. do let me know if you come across any. Feel free to PM me
- August 26, 2017 - 4:17amAnna PJoined:August 26, 2017Aussie Deadhead FB groupHi, Im wondering if this facebook group is still going on. Ive been in Melbourne for 12 years. Starving for live GD inspired music and am keen to connect. Peace
- January 22, 2017 - 1:57ambhatnasxJoined:January 22, 2017Aussie FB groupJust got to Sydney about a week ago & came across this thread - sent a request to join the group. I'm living in Darlinghurst, a couple of blocks from Hyde Park - need to find some music & good vibes! I'm from the US - already booked a ticket back there for Delfest this year - but would love insights on where to find good music & kind folks in the area.
- December 16, 2016 - 10:27pmNFA1988Joined:December 16, 2016Sydney Heads?Going on 4 years in Sydney now and I have met only a single head who has since returned stateside! This city needs a jam band, anybody want to help me fill the air? Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart! (~);-}
- August 29, 2016 - 7:41pmmr sharkJoined:July 16, 2015Australian Deadheads on Facebookgiven that almost no one bothers with email anymore and Facebook has a lot of heads online i have created a closed group for Australian and new zealand heads who want to have a natter and perhaps get together , so far there are 12 of us in a few days, we need to drag in more people , then we can possibly organise some gigs where a bunch of us attend . we are posting up pix and links to bands playing and hope to keep it ticking over daily.So far we have members in Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane .you will need to look up the Bobo Bolinski who lives in Nagasaki ( yeh right ) send him a friend request and your'e in . BTW we have few rules if any , but no arguing about which Aussie rules teams are the best :-)