• 1,905 replies
    Anusha
    Default Avatar
    Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • TLE2023
    Default Avatar

Hi!

If anyone is interested in purchasing this box set please let me know. I have one I am looking to sell - never played. Going to post it on eBay but figured I would try here first.

• Lovemygirl

... I first mentioned this when the giants Boxset was released.
    **🙏❤️💀🌹
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/bob-dylan-the-grateful-dead-rehearsal-sess…

*Jack Whatley·
    **July 7, 2020
    *** “Listen back to Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead’s mammoth 74 track rehearsal session,
    1987!”
    *** https://archive.org/details/gd1987-06-01.sbd-rehearsals.fraser.97489.sh…

• comdata55
    Default Avatar

I missed out on this one, couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Anyone looking to sell their set? If so, please send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

• taylorvz
    Is anyone looking to…

Hi all,

Is anyone looking to sell or trade their box set? I would love this set and unfortunately was unable to order it at the time it came out. It was up on the website, which got me excited, as I was hoping to purchase it for my birthday. Alas, it is on there but is totally sold out. Let me know. Thanks!

T

• icecrmcnkd

CD’s have unique serial numbers that identify them.
    If someone types in the song names and uploads the info, it becomes available to everyone.
    For that reason, when I import CD’s to my hard drive I do it on a computer that isn’t connected to the internet. I then type in the info in the format I want it in.

• Dennis

If I understand what you mean by metadata. I use cd-ex for all my ripping. There seems to be a "place" where all the cd info is kept. Sometimes I have to enter it all in and I always believe "no one" has sent it in yet. I believe cd-ex has an option to upload it once you type it in, but I never do. Sometimes you can have a choice of which data you want to use because it can give you several label options to choose from. I assume I-tunes has the same sort of data base and until SOMEONE sends the data in, it ain't there. I'm never quite sure what method they use to identify which cd you want to rip. Do cd's have an identifying code sequence in them? Purely based on track number and time of? Unsure. I sure about one thing, the less the cd is known, the greater the chance to track info will not be there. I just sucked in 7 albums of Igor & the Red Elvises,,,, only one had the info available, the rest I typed in. Generally with the Dead stuff at least, you don't have much to type since they can't fit that many songs on one cd. Unlike that bluegrass stuff, where there are 35, 2 minute songs,,,,,, all with titles that contain 37 words and special characters!

• icecrmcnkd

I have not had a problem importing Rhino GD CD’s, other than Road Trips 10/77.
    I do it on a Mac but don’t use iTunes, I use Toast which I have for burning discs.

• deadgroveway
    Default Avatar
    Repeated problems with metadata on box sets.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Grateful Dead box sets. Every time I try and rip them to my non-iTunes system the data results in an unholy mess. Dave Pick's 33 doesn't make any sense, the Rutherford Box likewise. I am sure others are having similar problems and I have written to Dave to report. He's reporting this up the line as he's not responsible with pressings. I'd love to know what others are doing and whether there is a solution out there?

• headdead
    Default Avatar

I pre-ordered this and got the email that my order was on its way back in the fall. It never showed up and I waited a long time before contacting customer support. We went back and forth for months with me contacting them periodically for an update. They mentioned the warehouse issue and then finally created a new order. I then got the email stating that due to issues I would see a refund in 5-7 business days. The next week the box set was sitting on my driveway. Hopefully those out there who didn't get this get the same surprise. This is the only order I have ever had an issue with.

• icecrmcnkd

Downloads are not included.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 11 months

Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

....the Grateful Dead didn't stop playing in 1977. Or 1974. Or 1972. Or 1970. They stopped playing in 1995. Imagine if Jerry lived on. Then imagine the reaction if a 1999 Grateful Dead show was released now? It would probably be considered like.....super-garbage? I don't get it.
I got what I wanted. The Ark will happen eventually. Just hang on.
I like it all. Even the "shitty" Dead. All 48 tracks of them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 2 months

The description of this set itself explains why the Dead weren't very good in the '80's to '90's. The new fan base brought them down to the lowest common denominator. MTV and it's fans ruined music. I won't bother with what is sure to be mostly "phoned in" shows for mass consumption.

user picture

Member for

6 years 3 months

Well, I just saved 150 bucks.
And to celebrate, I'ma play the June 77 box.
Nice and LOUD.

They say hindsight is 2020. Maybe next year.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by rbmunkin

....I'm one of those "newer" fans. Have a Grate evening.
E.T. Phone home.
I was kinda happy that they would finally release a late era box. Yet also scared because of the eventual backlash. Amazing.
Another late era box will most likely never happen. So get em while they're hot (shite).

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by Vguy72

At this point, with all you whiney old-timers just bashing everything and trying soooo hard to ruin the fun for everybody else I'll poke the pissy bear again.
I'm glad the DEAD invited me to THEIR party(not yours) and while I had fun, life altering experiences, now I'm kinda glad and laughing that "I killed" the real DEAD.
F.U. and the old crotchety horses you all rode on.
What a bunch of clowns. Ha!
:O)

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Wouldn't stop for a million bucks.

user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

If anything killed the music industry it’s digital downloads, the fascination with celebrity, and the near extinction of record stores. Sadly, there are just far too many young people who don’t value music. Despite all this, there are sill quality recordings being released today, particularly from the alt-country, neo-soul, progressive metal, electronica, and hip-hop genres. I suggest you give the old shit a rest, and open up your ears and mind to something new.

....and for the record, you could build one heck of a music collection consisting solely of artists once featured on MTV.

———

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by PatagonianFox

.... because I, at least, love you even when you weren't at the top of your game. Because I think you are/were the best guitarist ever. Anyone want to tackle that topic? Even in '79? Or '89? Or '99? (lol. One could wish).
If not. Why are you here?
Oh yeah. It's garbage day.
Even PatFox chimed in on this horseshit.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Get a grip, there has been lots of fine music produced since MTV came on the scene, and no, late era fans did not kill the dead or bring them down to the "lowest common denominator". The dead changed over time, it's how they lasted so long, and it wasn't caused by the newer fans. Give them at least some credit as artists. If anyone thinks that Garcia had noting left in the later years, you should check out Garcia Live 11 from '93 - there is some great stuff there.

It is your choice, but I would recommend folks consider focusing on what you like, rather than shitting on things other people like. Will you complainers spend MUATM yelling at people heading into the theater that they are wasting their time and don't know any better than to enjoy garbage or are you just obnoxious online? Are you a full grown adult and you still haven't realized that others may find value or enjoyment in different things than you? I get when people offer their critical thoughts on Dave's Picks, because at least there, they purchased the subscription without knowing the shows they would get, and should feel free to express their opinion, even if different than mine. But with the box set, you don't order till you know what it is, so if you don't like it just pass it by, no need to let everyone else know how wrong they are for possibly wanting it.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

....they call this "throwing down the gloves."
Is it October yet?
The Truckin' to end the second set of Chicago '79 just started. Can't be Veneta or Cornell all the damn time!!

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Hey PFox, agree about checking out newer stuff. As a soul fan, I have to ask, any neo-soul suggestions? Familiar with Leon Bridges, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, curious if here was anyone in particular you would suggest checking out.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

.... Spotify took me to Donna The Buffalo today. Wasn't disappointed.
Unlike the garbage.....

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by Charlie3

If ya don't have 'em, but want 'em, I'd be happy to make copies of
6-1-87 Club Front~rehearsals (5 discs of great stuff)
7-4-87
7-10-87
7-12-87
7-19-87
7-24-87 (only the portion w/ Bob)
7-26-87
drop me a line and say the word and I'll put them on cd's and get 'em to ya.
:O)

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

I gave that one another listen this afternoon, it is a gem from start to finish, I may listen to it again tomorrow.

user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

Two artists who quickly come to mind are Frank Ocean & D’Angelo.

———

user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

In reply to by Charlie3

The Cabot Theatre in Beverly MA was the best place I have seen a MUATM ever. They opened the doors at 6PM, had a live Dead cover band play and had a concert PA to play the soundtrack to the film. There was a great crowd of a couple hundred. They said if there was 300 they'd open the balcony, but did not see any one up there.

In the past 2 years at another venue close to NH border they had the new seats but the sound sucked. It was like listening to a single speaker behind the screen.

Not this time, that 48 track was extraordinary on The Cabot's PA. Did get some of the sound effects but venue was not wired for surround or at least I could not tell being about 12 rows back from screen. I can't wait to hear the show both on my home theatre surround and on my headphones.

I really hope The Cabot does it again next year. A job well done. I hope they surprise with The Ark box in the Fall.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

It began with 30Trips: a willingness of team GDP & Rhino to explore variations of an increasingly predictable paradigm for new releases. PNW's territorial expansion to contemplate multiple years within a geographic boundary has been creatively succeeded by a venue-specific selection of strong shows - including one legendary performance - from statistically under-represented years. No one is doing anything remotely this prolific or creative with archival output.

PF, your comment regarding strong new releases among any number of genres is - if anything - a vast understatement in the Bandcamp era. I'd like to see you contribute in this area; I'll look hopefully for future posts./K

Not that I was going to get it right away, but got that weird site message about a page not available after I click on the hyperlink like when DaP31 sold out that first day.

I do wish if you did buy the boxset you could get a code for the HD download (192/24) of those 48 channel shows. I like the physical product and would love to hear what the upgraded sound sounds like, but if they don't include it in the box, please include it in the vinyl. That would've been awesome surprise on the FS69 vinyl releases...

Speaking of Vinyl, is the vinyl quality/weight of the Amazon offering the same as dead.net?

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

aawwlll, Hulk!! (comes near the end).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSp1zM_8cY

Right on Charlie3 (and others), I couldn't agree more.

To some of the others, gravity hasn't failed and negativity won't pull you through.

Don't like it.. no problem check it out and move on. Just don't crap all over the place, stink the joint up and leave us wondering what died or if something went horribly wrong with your lunch. It's multi-track, carefully recorded Grateful Dead, not the Weird Al Roller Disco Extravaganza.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by boblopes

....I'm not letting that clue go. Explain Bolo, how Liberace was a nod to this release. If it's because he was a giant on the keys, you're getting way too vague. My two cents.

My confirmation preceded arrival of the official announcement by 38 minutes. Chilly like a Golden Knight in game 5 of the …. oh, wait...

;)

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Absolutely phenomenal.

Thank you to the producers.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

Were you shown the box's packaging?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Not even worth indulging Trainwrecked and his whiny post.

Personally I'm enjoying my summer and life is pretty good.

Later fans ruined the scene? Should be thanking later eraa fans for buying a bazillion copies of In The Dark, because without them there would be no Veneta box, no FW69 box, no Wintetland boxes, no May 77 boxes, no E72 box, no Dicks Picks, no Road Trips, no From the Vaults, no Dave's Picks ect ect.

Now that they're finally tapping more into the later era's, either give it a chance then pass it along or skip it. My gripes were always about lack of variety. Complaining about too much variety is like someone who only likes vanilla ice cream and no other flavor.

Would have loved to see this on the big screen with a proper surround system. I remember Healy using joysticks to pingpong sound around the speaker towers throughout venues. If only that could have been captured on the vault recordings. Technology.....

Also giving my first listen to Dave's Picks 31. Another excellent choice. Thanks everybody who make these happen. Great time to be a fan!

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by SPACEBROTHER

if calling people out by name ever does much good either..

Can we find a way to keep the peace and enjoy the music?

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Pass for me as well. I'll be lucky to get something in my wheelhouse in November. The bad news about Dave's Picks 31, it was on the front seat of my car and I left my windows open during a torrential downpour. The good news is I never opened it so it was protected by the plastic.

Spacebro, this thing still going to be available in two years, not to worry.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

I was poor during the Dicks Picks years, bought about 3/4s of the releases. I skipped the first two RT releases, but bought all starting with the third. I have been a subscriber throughout the entire Dave's run to date. Didn't buy So many Roads until years after release when I found a cheap used copy. But I bought FW69, W73, W77, Hampton 89, and E72 when they were released. I skipped the first May 77 (found a 5/17/77 used later!) and both Spring 90 sets (also found most of S90-2 used later) due to the return of financial shortfalls. I happily bought 7/78, the second May 77, and RFK89.
In deciding not to buy 30Trips I realized I have "enough" 70s releases, barring a short wishlist. (I have since spent about the price of the box to get 15 of the 18 individual shows I do want to own.) While PNW73/74 did have one of my wishlist shows [5/19/74], the 3CD spin-off comp and the dozens of 73/74 releases I already have are good enough (for me).
I really don't like not buying GDM releases. The 5 unbought boxes haunt me. But I have a growing family and limited funds and I really do have "enough" 70s. But NOT enough non-70s! I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE BUYING THIS BOX! I am familiar with the 87 show- it's weak (imo). 7/89 is not my favorite month, but the 24-track sources allow for amazing soundscapes, judging by the RFK89 box. And I AM a 6/91 fan. And the size/price fit under my alarm limits.
I would have loved a 6/91 box, or 10/89, Europe 90, or June 85, or April/May 82, or June/July 88, Boston 91, Spring 94, or a Knickerbocker box. But this is pretty nice! My 4th GDM-released 87 show, 5th & 6th 91s, nice!

Hearing how much The Dead suck is a bummer big time. You 70s-centric fans will be getting plenty to eat. YOU ALWAYS DO. It is a real shame that you all have to get so surly on the occasions when diversity does poke up in the GDM output. I don't normally sign in here anymore, but I had to counterpoint your nasty posts in case TPTB actually do pay attention to us in here.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

This box is for me. Having seen all 3 with my old friend who passed several years ago. It's my way of remembering him and his 69 red chevelle that we drove around the parking lot to attract chicks. Good times with george. Miss you buddy.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by Mind-Left-Body

I nearly forgot that the last three days were the 31st Anniversary of a Laguna Seca run that co-billed David Lindley & Los Lobos...great great weekend and a fine time was had by all...

user picture

Member for

5 years 2 months

So I went ahead and ordered the damn box set but I got the dvd not the blu , I’m not going to just give them all of my money 💰 😂! Saved 10$ , why the cheap skate? Well ( as of now anyway) it really doesn’t make a difference, dvd or blu ray doesn’t really Matter to me and I don’t watch em that much, watch Veneta every once in a while but I don’t think I’d care if it were blu ray or dvd!
Man I listened to DaP31 over and over looking for the gripes and I honestly don’t feel the complaints but hey each there own; but I will say this I’ve seen people write Jerry off for getting high and then they start ragging on his playing but I always feel like it has nothing to do with his music but on some subconscious level people will say oh he was slow because ( and they give your their almighty 👀 look) he was getting high( real nasally voice for the last part! Lol come off it already 12/3/79 yeah he might have been chasing the dragon so what( hence the cover maybe 🤔😂)but like I said it’s slow and nuanced and I feel him purposefully holding the notes , slowly, ya dig( probably not)! Look I’m all for ripping 73 74 76 77 Jerry ( my favorite years) but the cat had many styles, approaches.... I don’t know what do I know? My opinion, that’s what music is is an opinion it’s never factual and that’s why I love it! The study of it is a Theory...
So I dig and appreciate daves31, and if it was shit and sloppy I’d say so but I’m not feeling that assessment.
Yeah i was on the fence at first about the box set but then I thought about it and I said man the quality of the sets they’re coming out with for this band I love are such a great deal when they are at that sweet spot of 150 once a year why not! and the buck for Dave’s picks as well “you got me grinning from ear to ear” (all year)much love ✌️
P.s. I’m not an advocate for anyone playing with fire and that’s what Jerry was doing, but to keep it in perspective it was probably cigarettes more than anything that took its toll along with everything else but yeah .... just say no!

user picture

Member for

6 years 2 months

And to think I said I was happy for the people who got their wish. I meant everybody but you, ya panhandler. Listening to you call somebody else a whiner is just precious. If I want to see a cover band I'll go catch Dead and Company. But to spend money listening to Brent Mydland ruin every song written before 1980? No thanks. Take Dave's Picks 31 for example. Talk about a band in decline. In just one year, we go from something like Road Trips, From Egypt with Love to that cover band rehearsal show on 12/3/79? And Egypt with Love is a band already downward spiraling. Yet it's still so much better than your precious Brent garbage. I can barely hear Garcia over that overmixed Hammond. Now Pigpen, there's someone who knew when to play a B3 and when to keep his hands off the damn instrument. I ain't out to buy nostalgia. I'm out to buy good music. You're going to call me out by name? Quit bullying me or I'll throw it right back at you. I hope your box set that you talk somebody into buying for you shows up with dents and scratches, and a big skip at your favorite part.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 7 months

The 1987 show features most of the In the Dark LP, the 1989 and 1990 shows fill in with the best songs from the Built to Last LP (both albums not well represented in archival live Dead CDs because they were their last two studio albums) - and I just saw the movie tonight - a quirky set featuring mostly older (but several recently revived at the time) songs, and a joy to see both Bruce Hornsby and Vince Welnick playing together - adding a lot of keyboard energy. Overall, a lot of relatively rare material.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

It ain't pretty. You all know who the guilty parties are here, on both sides of their petty, unwinnable argument. We are discussing music here, or are supposed to be, not letting the ugly side of one's character be shown to all who happen to read these posts. One is judged by what one posts and those judgements tend to stick. We know exactly what to expect from certain posters and any amusement value therein has long since disappeared.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 5 months

As I recall the Neville Brothers joined in second set on a rainy 7/10/89. I remember seeing a lot of twisted ankles of those trying to get on the field. Ahh the memory isn’t gone yet.

As for the saltier people in here, I’m sorry life isn’t how you imagined it, to but no amount of raining on the parades of others is going to make it better.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Why in the hell can we just only buy the DVD??? I have to endure a bunch of CD's that won't get played?

Please let us buy a DVD only. Please!

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

I was going to post an opinion about this box, but I think I will pass, the negativity and hate here has gotten totally out of hand, and this thread just started, I love the Grateful Dead, period. I am sorry that the Dylan set is not included in this box, and I am glad to see Bruce and Vinnie getting the recognition that they so deserve.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I was happy to purchase the box and with no hassle at the checkout. Glad to see more variety with three separate years especially the 91 shows as I rarely listen to the nineties. I mainly play 70’s shows but love all Dead and am grateful for all the music.

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

Critics, Deadheads, and me. Since I am "old" I have a somewhat different view of things. First, I want to thank Dave and the rest of the individuals who put out all the dead music for us to enjoy. I was not able to attend any of these shows so it will be a thrill to be able to sit back, light up my Garcia meerschaum pipe with some good Latakia pipe tobacco, a cold beer in hand, and push the play button. I know that some of you are critics of who is playing and how well each dead member plays. I just sit back and "enjoy" all of it. In my world I am just happy to be able to hear the concert(s). I think the discussions of which concert is the best really misses the point. Not everything in life is going to meet ones expectations...whatever that might be. Whether Jerry is "on" that night is not important to me. I just like the music. I am just "grateful" to be able to hear Dead music that was not available to me prior to the release of these and other shows.
I did go to the movie, last night, with my son and his best friend. They loved it! They got to see the Dead and that is what is important to me.
To summarize my rant...I can just close my eyes...pick out a show that Dave, and others, have put out over the years...and "enjoy" it. Isn't that really the point of all of this?
Mr. Pete-------->
aging hippie

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Trainwrecked

Wtf is your problem? Do you just sit back and wait for me to post so you can just attack me when I post something? Every fucking time.

Why do you even bother? Nothing better to do with your time than come on the Grateful Dead sight and act like a fucking asshole to me every time I post here? Take that garbage back to your stupid Facebook group.

Most people have positive reactions to this box. The privileged here hate others enjoyment.

To hope somebodies arrives damaged is just spiteful. What does one say in response to such petty nonsense?

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/giants-stadium/giants-stadium-1987-1989-1991-boxed-set.html