• 1,905 replies
    Anusha
    Default Avatar
    Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • TLE2023
    Default Avatar

Hi!

If anyone is interested in purchasing this box set please let me know. I have one I am looking to sell - never played. Going to post it on eBay but figured I would try here first.

• Lovemygirl

... I first mentioned this when the giants Boxset was released.
    **🙏❤️💀🌹
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/bob-dylan-the-grateful-dead-rehearsal-sess…

*Jack Whatley·
    **July 7, 2020
    *** “Listen back to Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead’s mammoth 74 track rehearsal session,
    1987!”
    *** https://archive.org/details/gd1987-06-01.sbd-rehearsals.fraser.97489.sh…

• comdata55
    Default Avatar

I missed out on this one, couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Anyone looking to sell their set? If so, please send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

• taylorvz
    Is anyone looking to…

Hi all,

Is anyone looking to sell or trade their box set? I would love this set and unfortunately was unable to order it at the time it came out. It was up on the website, which got me excited, as I was hoping to purchase it for my birthday. Alas, it is on there but is totally sold out. Let me know. Thanks!

T

• icecrmcnkd

CD’s have unique serial numbers that identify them.
    If someone types in the song names and uploads the info, it becomes available to everyone.
    For that reason, when I import CD’s to my hard drive I do it on a computer that isn’t connected to the internet. I then type in the info in the format I want it in.

• Dennis

If I understand what you mean by metadata. I use cd-ex for all my ripping. There seems to be a "place" where all the cd info is kept. Sometimes I have to enter it all in and I always believe "no one" has sent it in yet. I believe cd-ex has an option to upload it once you type it in, but I never do. Sometimes you can have a choice of which data you want to use because it can give you several label options to choose from. I assume I-tunes has the same sort of data base and until SOMEONE sends the data in, it ain't there. I'm never quite sure what method they use to identify which cd you want to rip. Do cd's have an identifying code sequence in them? Purely based on track number and time of? Unsure. I sure about one thing, the less the cd is known, the greater the chance to track info will not be there. I just sucked in 7 albums of Igor & the Red Elvises,,,, only one had the info available, the rest I typed in. Generally with the Dead stuff at least, you don't have much to type since they can't fit that many songs on one cd. Unlike that bluegrass stuff, where there are 35, 2 minute songs,,,,,, all with titles that contain 37 words and special characters!

• icecrmcnkd

I have not had a problem importing Rhino GD CD’s, other than Road Trips 10/77.
    I do it on a Mac but don’t use iTunes, I use Toast which I have for burning discs.

• deadgroveway
    Default Avatar
    Repeated problems with metadata on box sets.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Grateful Dead box sets. Every time I try and rip them to my non-iTunes system the data results in an unholy mess. Dave Pick's 33 doesn't make any sense, the Rutherford Box likewise. I am sure others are having similar problems and I have written to Dave to report. He's reporting this up the line as he's not responsible with pressings. I'd love to know what others are doing and whether there is a solution out there?

• headdead
    Default Avatar

I pre-ordered this and got the email that my order was on its way back in the fall. It never showed up and I waited a long time before contacting customer support. We went back and forth for months with me contacting them periodically for an update. They mentioned the warehouse issue and then finally created a new order. I then got the email stating that due to issues I would see a refund in 5-7 business days. The next week the box set was sitting on my driveway. Hopefully those out there who didn't get this get the same surprise. This is the only order I have ever had an issue with.

• icecrmcnkd

Downloads are not included.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 11 months

Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Candy-O and Peggy-O mysterious.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by carlo13

....just Cars albums. An unfortunate phase. But, actually a blessing. Reminds me of high school and they have some really good songs. A perfect blend of pop/punk. Orr passed a few years ago. Rock on sirs.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Didn't realize he was that old (75). I own the debut album and greatest hits. Don't know much about Rick as a person, but I think it says volumes about him that he wrote all of the songs and gave half of the major hits to Benjamin Orr to sing. Especially their sophomore album Candy-O. Rick had just written this smash debut album; his political pull would have been peaking, but instead of taking the two best songs for himself, he gave them to the guy who could sing them better (Lets's Go, and It's All I Can Do). But man did they burn out quickly. They went from air wave owners to recluses overnight it seemed.

I've been listening to some tracks on youtube. There's some kind of 80s auto play going on and Genesis / Abacab came on after a Cars tune. I love this song, always have. It ain't Supper's Ready, but hey, what was in '81.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

....tonight. I remember that song being played on the radio every thirty minutes. Like clockwork. Justified, because it's a great song.....man.....
An interesting thing about The Cars is that Orr and Ocasek had the same tone in their singing. Hard to tell them apart.
Upon closer inspection, Easton plays a pretty mean guitar. Yeeeeah!

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Ric O, yall be way cool.

RIP

Thanks for the great music, bro

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

re Country Music

ol' Jer made a (still photo) cameo, when a list of people who have covered Jimmie Rodgers was discussed.

what passes for "country" today (it filters down occasionally even to me..."I'm gonna roll my windows down"..."rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby a little frisky" (or something to that effect)...blech) and what was "country" back in the day are two different things.

you can't deny the influence of old school country on the GD sound, in any case.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

get rid of that stupid reCAPTCHA nonsense. please.

I had to go through SEVEN screens to get approved.

traffic lights, mountains and hills, traffic lights, buses...GRR.
DUMB.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

...Magic....I remember back in what, 6th or 7th grade, I made my first ever call to a radio station one night requesting they play 'Magic' by The Cars. It's one of my first music impressions that's stuck with me. 'Heartbeat City' was BIG on the ariwaves back then, and as VGuy stated, they played 'Drive' literally every 30 minutes on the radio....I recently bought a new copy of that CD about 2 years ago and recalled at what a great output it was/is.

RIP.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

The Cars first two albums are gold. Candy-O, the song, came over the ipod when I was running Saturday, and I was like, hell yes! This is why I have the Cars in my shuffle. For those not knowing the deeper album cuts, go get those first two records right now. Elliot Easton is a blazing soloist whose tasty guitar would be right at home on a Steely Dan record.

It's not for me to say, but my personal feeling is that this began when Paulina left him. I've never known an older fella who could take it too well when the old lady leaves... I'm just sayin'. Sad.

Good Times Roll just came over the radio at work as I'm typing this - and the "captcha" on the site is "cars." You can't make this stuff up.

Sometimes, these things do come in threes. Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek in the same week? Hopefully there isn't a third. It does appear Eddie Van Halen is ill again. Best wishes to him and the Ocasek family.

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band:
Safe as Milk
Bootleg from 4/22/74
Bootleg from NY, 1978
DaP 31
Garcia Live 11: 11/11/93

Certainly have rocked out to plenty of Eddie Money and The Cars in my life. R.I.P., fellas . . .

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by Deadheadbrewer

a few years ago, I went to buy "something" at a friend's house.

I bought
we enjoyed the effects
Cars' Magic played
and it sounded reeeeeeally good

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

I bought the first Cars album when in came out in 1978 and saw them open for the Doobie Brothers that summer. I loved the song "Moving in Stereo" back then but every time I hear the opening notes, I see Phoebe Cates getting out of the pool in that red bikini. Every young man's dream. I need to watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High again.

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

In reply to by UncleJohn61

Had the double cassette with each album on a side in the mid-80’s and it got a lot of play.

Coming in 3’s.
Neal Casal
Eddie Money
Ric Ocasek

Hopefully done.

And Rod Stewart appears to have beaten prostate cancer.

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Wonder if that will mark the beginning of sending email shipping notifications, receipt of the Box by a lucky few, or nothing at all because the new warehouse failed in some way.

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Just to see them in that setting with the pyramids and lunar eclipse!!! So jealous... yes so many shows to go see in a time machine but that place just must have been amazing!!! Happy anniversary!! Love the Ollin Arageed to Shakedown!!! bobt

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

It takes a fast car lady to lead a double life
It takes a slow star lady if you want to do it twice
You take your backseat rumble
Take your front seat wife
Takes a fast car lady to lead a double life...

Candy-O, a great album cover for a great album.

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by Charlie3

Let's hope we get this baby this weekend with the moved up date!

I have been listening to Dave's 21 over the last couple of days. That monster show from April 2, 1973 at the Boston Garden. 34 songs! Unreal! Sound quality is amazing. My favorite China-Rider, great Box of Rain, the whole show Jerry seems to be doing something special. Here Comes Sunshine, WRS and then Eyes!
Made me think we might be due for March 24, 1973 at the Spectrum. Another killer Spring show and part of the cache of returned Betty Boards.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I love Dave's Picks 21 for the exact same reasons. I'm glad you mentioned the date of the show, because I can never remember the numbers. I just call that one Recommendations From The Dead, because Dick Latvala had wonderful things to say about that show in an article I read, I'll see if I can find it later and post it. Check out the last 2 minutes of Casey Jones. It's not like me to find a special moment in that song, but this performance is just intense at the end. I've compared the China Rider between this show and the March 28th show with the Scooby-Doo house cover, and I think it's this super sound quality of number 21 that gives China Rider a big edge in my mind.

Ah here it is. I am quoting Dick Latvala:

The version of "Eyes of the World" from
4/2/73- Boston is one of the best, as are versions of "Greatest Story Ever Told", "Big River", "China Cat-> Rider" and "Playingin the Band". But the highlight has to be the JAM segment following "Here Comes Sunshine.

End quote. That is one hell of an endorsement. I trust dick more than I trust Bobby or Phil when it comes to this stuff :D. Although he did often change his mind about things....

It's DP 23 from my morning commute. Don't have time to listen to the whole thing, so I did my favorite thing when it comes to cherry picking from1972 shows: I started off with Promised Land and followed up with Bird Song (like DP 36).

Here is the full article / blog from Dick:

http://www.agitators.com/gd/dick_1973.html

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

I have some stuff in a storage facility
I was there over the weekend
another person was there, listening to some music
as I was loading the car, Buddy Holly's original version of Not Fade Away played

just...interesting.

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

I was twelve when Fast Times came out, so was certainly not allowed to go see it. Never did see it, but was watching the first episode of the new season of Stranger Things last night, and enjoyed a pool scene in that, set to Moving In Stereo (still just a killer song . . . ). The characters were all discussing Phoebe Cates in the episode, and hanging out at the new mall.

All of this chat today drove me to investigate, and after seeing clips of Cates and Fast Times, the entire Stranger Things episode makes SOOOooo much more sense. Thanks!

Fast Times at Ridgemont High - that pool scene with Phoebe Cates.. goodness.

Mike Damone, 'evil scalper.'

People on Ludes should not drive.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Sigh.

Was so embarrassed when I lent out Fast Times on VHS to my future brother-in-law in the pre-DVD days; he returned it and said the "famous scene" looked all blurry and was marred with video tape tracking lines.

user picture

Member for

6 years 3 months

The Cars first album was the first album I ever purchased. $4.99 at Sam Goody. I still have it.

Years later, I was lucky enough to have drinks with Ric Ocasek and John Waters at the Club Charles in Baltimore (during the production of "Hairspray"). He was very cool and soft-spoken, but also very funny.

Bowie, Petty, The Cars -- all cornerstones of my youth. Time can be a real bitch.

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

...my dad's a tv repairman. I can fix this.

(tv repairmen...gone the way of the dodo...)

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Haven’t been lurking here in a while but saw the talk today of Dave’s 21 and went back to parts of it on the drive home. Forgot just how great this release sounds. This is the right amount of Phil in this China>Rider!

As for DaP 32, I’m still thinking we’re due for a Fall ‘72. I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Excited for this box release though. Hoping the shipping emails start soon. Glad to see the date bumped up a week.

user picture

Member for

6 years 2 months

Reading the Phoebe Cates posts from Stoltsfuz and Keith Fan and the rest of you with the Spicoli quotes. I started from the top of the page and worked my way down, laughing and then laughing some more. When I got to Keith Fan and the worn-out VHS tape I literally fell off my bar stool. I think we all wore that part of the tape out. Rewind, play, rewind, play, rewind, pause. Same thing happened to my Cornell tape at the end of Morning Dew.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Trainwrecked

.... Phoebe Cates double post. Sue me.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Trainwrecked

....I have no idea what you're talking about. I need to speak my lawyer please.
Hey. Jennifer Jason-Leigh was no slouch either. No one talks about her.
Excuse me. My lawyer just texted me. Brb.
Cone Kid. I spent Sunday night playing nothing but Cars concerts on YouTube. The Cars are still on tap today. They are what I consider timeless.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Movie came out august 1982

So she would have been 18 when filming

Wow...what a scene.

JJL....wheeee!

Care for a carrot, ladies?

....by the string of her bikini. Ok. I'm done.
If I recall correctly, Heartbeat City was the first record that I made my mom drive me to Tower Records to purchase on release day. I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Or was it The Warehouse? Another liquidated music store. Got my driver's license soon after. Tower Records ended up getting a lot of my money at that point.
Memories man. Memories.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Vguy72

....reminds me about how much the Dead were trendsetters (I can say that, right?). Every set was the same. As it was for 93.6% of bands. Iron Maiden rarely strays. But when it comes to the Grateful Dead, you never knew what was in store.
I promise, as soon as the Expanded version of Heartbeat City ends, they are up to bat. I just realized, I haven't listened to any GD since Sunday. That is weird. Trust me.
Segue. My Dolphins are literally trying to be the worst NFL team EVER!
Vegas Golden Knights are 2-0 in preseason. When life gives you lemons, lean on ones locally born team. Recipe for success.
Unless you were born in Miami. But I digress....

user picture

Member for

13 years 2 months

In reply to by OKCDeadHead

I wonder if Phoebe Cates would laugh at her name being flung all over a Grateful Dead site.... Ok one more Fast Times comment but doesn't Mike Damone look like a young Alex Van Halen....."Now when you order order for the lady...it's a classy move, Now the lady will have the linguine with the white clam sauce and a coke with no ice"

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by kevinbrandon

....with a disclaimer. "As part of our ongoing efforts to deliver your item(s) quickly, your package might not have a packing slip. If you want to double check the details of your order you can take a look at the summary below."
I'm not quite sure what that means. A hot mess is the first term that comes to mind. I'm texting my lawyer. Why the fuck should I have to double-check my order? Ugh.
I need some Phoebe. Ok. Really. This time I'm done....

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Got my shipping notice as well. I was also on a little dead break lately, but my 50th anniversary Aoxomoxoa came today so I gave the live disc a spin, some cool stuff on there, Clementine caught my ear on the first listen.

Been on a non-dead, mostly late '70s kick lately ... Blondie - Parallel Lines, Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True, Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! (listened to that about 4 times, cool album), Cars - Candy-O, Blood Sweat and Tears - Blood Sweat and Tears, The Who - Tommy.

Funny how many posts that reference to Fast Times generated, might be time for another viewing.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

....I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that a majority of us are within the 45-55 yo Goldilocks Zone.
I just got some really good weed, so don't listen to me. This ain't my papi's stash.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Vguy you make me laugh. "I want to party with that dude" I barely made it into your Goldilocks zone, but you are on the mark.

Holyshit I am at a red light next to a cement mixer that's spinning with about a 6in steel my face sticker on it. I want to party with that dude too.

The Fast Times line my brother and I always quote to each other is during his dream sequence when he's surfing and being interviewed after winning the competition: "Where'd you get that jacket?!?" "The network gave it to me Jeff..." I don't know why, but that one gets me everytime.

My freshman year in college there was a guy we nicknamed Spicoli, and it stuck. He was one of the coolest cats I ever ran into, and he bumped across the hall from me, so there was a lot of late-night wred, beer and Led Zeppelin. I was chiefly in my Zeppelin phase at that time, and it was his favorite band. We mixed Robert Plant's manic nirvana in there too. Yeah that was a great record. It didn't have as many hits as the one before it whose title I forget, but it was heavier and had that awesome song tie-dyed on the highway, with the Wavy Gravy intro from Woodstock. Kind of funny he wrote a song about Woodstock, considering he didn't go with his band. In hindsight, there were some real great bands that turn down that gig for one reason or another. How did the stones not go? The doors? Even the Beatles could have gotten something together, though they were all but done by that point.

Trainwrecked I have this vision of you sitting at a bar by yourself with your cell phone out reading dead net posts. I've been there buddy, I've been there. What does FOMBS mean? Google doesn't even know. Yeah I was that curious.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

...'cause I got my shipping notice as well for this behemoth. Very much looking forward to these shows, man. And that Blu Ray will look damn fine on my 80-inch'er with booming surround.

I also found the various Fast Times references to be a jolly trot down memory lane. Watching those "old" movies through the eyes of our "now times" is quite interesting. The things they used to get away with - aka no one even batted an eye - sigh. Wishing for simpler times I suppose.

That's when we put in one of these shows, turn it up to 11, and enjoy the simplicity of the utter complexity of Good 'Ole GD.

Sixtus

P.S. - KeithFan & DEAD Dreams - Absolutely, yes, yes. I have had a recurring dream - it used to happen a lot more, but I definitely have had and DO have dreams of being at a Dead show...it is mostly the ANTICIPATION of the boys going on stage....but I can even see the venue in my dream - it's sort of looks like the old Roman Colosseum, but it goes down instead of built up (aka it's built down into the ground) and I have this vision blazed into my head of me & some friends walking along the top and looking down and seeing Jerry and all the boys playing, with the music enveloping us and mostly just that overwhelming giddy feeling of anticipation/joy at seeing them there, playing, making everyone else as happy as I am in my dream.  It's EXTREMELY vivid.  I could shoot it to film if I had the actors to do it, it's that ingrained.
So, yes, you are certifiable.  But I suppose, so aren't we all?

user picture

Member for

5 years 8 months

Thank you for your Bird Song analysis. I have been meaning to post about it. I listened after reading your comments and you're absolutely right. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they figured out how to play that part. I wonder why they changed it in the 80s? If I had to guess, I would say its too intricate for Bob Weir to enjoy playing. I noticed that he also skips out on China Cat Sunflower in the 80s and 90s. There was some very similar guitar work in that song.

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Listening to the Dijon CD from 30 Trips...... Would love the complete tour 3 England, 1 Germany, and 3 France shows.... Or how about a Fall 74 box where you could throw in the 7 Europe shows and the 5 Winterland October shows!!! Dreaming because i know we have parts of the 3 Alexandria Palace shows, parts of the 5 Winterland shows, and the whole Dijon.....

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/giants-stadium/giants-stadium-1987-1989-1991-boxed-set.html