• 1,905 replies
    Anusha
    Default Avatar
    Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • TLE2023
    Default Avatar

Hi!

If anyone is interested in purchasing this box set please let me know. I have one I am looking to sell - never played. Going to post it on eBay but figured I would try here first.

• Lovemygirl

... I first mentioned this when the giants Boxset was released.
    **🙏❤️💀🌹
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/bob-dylan-the-grateful-dead-rehearsal-sess…

*Jack Whatley·
    **July 7, 2020
    *** “Listen back to Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead’s mammoth 74 track rehearsal session,
    1987!”
    *** https://archive.org/details/gd1987-06-01.sbd-rehearsals.fraser.97489.sh…

• comdata55
    Default Avatar

I missed out on this one, couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Anyone looking to sell their set? If so, please send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

• taylorvz
    Is anyone looking to…

Hi all,

Is anyone looking to sell or trade their box set? I would love this set and unfortunately was unable to order it at the time it came out. It was up on the website, which got me excited, as I was hoping to purchase it for my birthday. Alas, it is on there but is totally sold out. Let me know. Thanks!

T

• icecrmcnkd

CD’s have unique serial numbers that identify them.
    If someone types in the song names and uploads the info, it becomes available to everyone.
    For that reason, when I import CD’s to my hard drive I do it on a computer that isn’t connected to the internet. I then type in the info in the format I want it in.

• Dennis

If I understand what you mean by metadata. I use cd-ex for all my ripping. There seems to be a "place" where all the cd info is kept. Sometimes I have to enter it all in and I always believe "no one" has sent it in yet. I believe cd-ex has an option to upload it once you type it in, but I never do. Sometimes you can have a choice of which data you want to use because it can give you several label options to choose from. I assume I-tunes has the same sort of data base and until SOMEONE sends the data in, it ain't there. I'm never quite sure what method they use to identify which cd you want to rip. Do cd's have an identifying code sequence in them? Purely based on track number and time of? Unsure. I sure about one thing, the less the cd is known, the greater the chance to track info will not be there. I just sucked in 7 albums of Igor & the Red Elvises,,,, only one had the info available, the rest I typed in. Generally with the Dead stuff at least, you don't have much to type since they can't fit that many songs on one cd. Unlike that bluegrass stuff, where there are 35, 2 minute songs,,,,,, all with titles that contain 37 words and special characters!

• icecrmcnkd

I have not had a problem importing Rhino GD CD’s, other than Road Trips 10/77.
    I do it on a Mac but don’t use iTunes, I use Toast which I have for burning discs.

• deadgroveway
    Default Avatar
    Repeated problems with metadata on box sets.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Grateful Dead box sets. Every time I try and rip them to my non-iTunes system the data results in an unholy mess. Dave Pick's 33 doesn't make any sense, the Rutherford Box likewise. I am sure others are having similar problems and I have written to Dave to report. He's reporting this up the line as he's not responsible with pressings. I'd love to know what others are doing and whether there is a solution out there?

• headdead
    Default Avatar

I pre-ordered this and got the email that my order was on its way back in the fall. It never showed up and I waited a long time before contacting customer support. We went back and forth for months with me contacting them periodically for an update. They mentioned the warehouse issue and then finally created a new order. I then got the email stating that due to issues I would see a refund in 5-7 business days. The next week the box set was sitting on my driveway. Hopefully those out there who didn't get this get the same surprise. This is the only order I have ever had an issue with.

• icecrmcnkd

Downloads are not included.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 11 months

Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by RiRiIII

Yes, you are right it is missing. Can't believe it, what a huge mistake. You would think somebody would be proofing the content before it was made final. And it makes me think of Brent. I miss him. He left us way too young. I saw all my shows under the Brent era and I loved every minute. I have always had regrets about not seeing the boys after Brent passed. Of course the Band never came back to MN or Wisconsin after the 89 Alpine run. And I have no idea why. They played these two states every year before since I believe 73.

The 30 year look back is great, so much great music and video and so much more could be put out.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Dave (of course!) forgets about Gainesville when describing the Lakeland show in the notes for the 30 Trips release. That had to be tongue in cheek on purpose though...2nd sentence and you have to read the word 'penultimate' literally as Lakeland was not the penultimate show of the tour, Gainesville was. The 2nd show Lakeland was the penultimate FL show of a 4 show tour that included a show in Atlanta (11/30/80 DaP 8) :-P

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

Ordered 2 Blu Ray sets on Sept 20th and still nothing, status still stuck on "processing".

I realize "moving warehouses" but its been 5 weeks without any notification is just plain wrong. Not to mention
zero replies to my email inquiry.

"moving warehouses" excuse is getting very old. I guess I will wait a few more weeks and then I will contact my
CC and dispute the charges.

Not sure how a move from months ago, before the Giants Box Set was manufactured, could be affecting logistics on an item that should only be housed in the new warehouse. This box was announced in August. Are they unable to find their own warehouse? And you got the BluRay which is sold out. This is getting to be a nightmare year logistically for Rhino/dead.net.

Placed my order on the same day, 9/20, because I saw the Blu Ray was about to sell out. I've e-mailed three times and customer service won't even reply. The only thing I've gotten is the form e-mail (twice actually) acknowledging that their warehouse is generally snafu'd. I guess it's my fault for continuing to do business with this dumpster fire of a company.

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

Great sound, great performances. Classy box. Second listen almost complete, just one more 91 show.

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by nitecat

It appears this box sold out and in just over a month. Fastest sell out since the limited edition 77 GSTL box.

The RFK box from 2017 is still there for $65 for two great shows. They didn't use Plangent on this one but it sounds great and is well worth it.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Behind as always, I just have to chime in to say I do not support 'Aiko'. If 'Iko' was good enough for the Dixie Cups, then god dammit, it's good enough for me.

Traveled to Milwaukee for the weekend to see our first Dylan show of the season. My first Girl of the North Country at show #27, it was a beautiful thing. Heavy piano (new upright piano in the middle-right of the stage) plus a lot of violin, on that one and the whole night. New drummer and secondary guitarist, so big changes for the Neverending Tour band this Fall. Also my first Can't Wait, It Takes Alot to Laugh and...Lenny Bruce. Why he busted that one out at this point, who knows, but he also has mannequins in formal wear on stage so that's the least strange decision I guess. "Never robbed any churches, or cut off any babies heads." A ringing endorsement for anyone, really.

New Bootleg series comes out this weekend, very pumped for the few John Wesley Harding outtakes. The sessions with Cash aren't that great but still kind of fun, and obviously a meeting of titans. They pre-released a version of Wanted Man from the sessions, we've heard Cash do it in live in the era (see San Quentin) but have never heard a Dylan version. Sloppy but fun to listen to, including references to both Hibbing and Dyess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiRMfb3Z9hg

Also, Dylan's Ring of Fire is a typical Nashville Skyline / Self Portrait era lark, but still funky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SxmXsRyCQ

My stupid iPhone had issues syncing apparently which left me with about 3 full albums for the travels, plus an assortment of lonesome travelers. Fortunately one of the albums was 9/3/77, so listened to that several times. I think it's their best show ever...though as Jim says, I reserve the right to change my mind the next show I hear.

Guess I'm lucky and not so lucky...I finally received my box after a month of waiting(and I'min California), but one disc is badly scratched right out of the box, so waiting for Customer Service to get back to me. Quality has been slipping lately, bad discs in the PNW box and now the Giants box.
Never had any issue with any other artists' box set, just got the Hot Tuna Replica collection last week, and it's perfect , not a blemish.
Early Nat King Cole 7 Disc box coming released Friday, can't wait.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Finally got the time to open this box and listen to some of it, really glad the buildup to the Saint second set opener was in the dvd because they left it OUT of the movie back on Jerry's birthday for some stupid reason.

Customer service is a mess these days in Dead land! Email only for any questions/problems you may have, phone is only for ordering, and nice woman on the phone said it all went to hell when they left TN and moved to the SF bay area. You get a automated response email back and a "we'll get to you" response, and then...nothing. She said it can take 6-8 weeks to hear back! Huh? Guys-what happened?

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 3 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

Thanks Cousins for the heads up. I'm in Cali as well and my order still says processing

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

In reply to by Dave Sweeting

THEY JUST WANT YOUR CASH. Too many issues with my orders this year. Sending me coffee mugs with no bubble wrap so they are destroyed on arrival. Customer Service cares nothing about fixing the situation. They reply with generic responses and don't even read emails. I am done with this company. Shame our favorite band cares so little for the fans that gave them the massive wealth they have accumulated. If Dead and Co isn't a big enough indicator that they are only in it for the money, look at the customer service on this site.

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

All I can say is WOW!!! This blu-ray was made for my system: Denon AVR and universal player, Mirage 5.1 speakers, and the reliable Samsung 55 inch LCD. I've never heard a video sound so good on this old stuff.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

That makes me jealous, BigBrownie, I must admit! I bought my first Blu-ray player this year, but still opted for regular DVD for this as i wanted to use it on my MacBook Pro with headphones, and they've never accommodated HD DVDs. (Jobs of course knew streaming was the future, and annoyingly and stubbornly refused to make MacBooks with BluRay/HD optical drives). STILL haven't gotten the Fare thee Well 2015 box set with Trey from Phish, MAINLY because I could never decide whether to spring for the Blu Ray or get the regular. Still hasn't sold out though, I believe, despite being a limited edition maybe?, can't remember.

Anyway, can't wait to watch the '91 show again. Saw it on Jerry's birthday back in August; (as well as at the time-GREAT show), just so glad they included the buildup at beginning of second set on this release which they sliced out of the movie theater versions. Pissed me off!

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

very sorry to hear about defective discs with this box, this is the best sounding box since spring 90 TOO. Love it, now, if there is a bad disc, I sure hope I don't have one, not again. Had 3 bad ones in PNW box and have been having trouble with the store for a while now, sent wrong size t shirt, sent t shirt after I cancelled order, it seems they just don't read their mail or even care if you are not happy. Now I must go thru the entire box including the blue ray to make sure I didn't get yet another bad disc. Bummer

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

7-9-89 was my first show, but I haven't listened to this in over 20 years and that was a audience tape, forgot how fricking good this show was! Killer stuff. All you 60s/70s stuff only people don't know what you're missing here. They were a different band, wiser, less out there, sure, but still rocking hard!

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

For those awaiting shipment, check your order status. I ordered on 10/25, and didn't get an email, but have been checking order status daily for the last week or so, and it looks like it finally processed and shipped, so hopefully those who ordered before me are also about to be receiving. Looking forward to diving in. Got DaP 32 Monday, which was better than my tracking estimate of Wednesday, ripped it, and have been listening on my commute, so just got to He's Gone when I got home tonight, so the meat of the show about to hit. A good show thus far, nothing really outstanding. It and Giants box will be the first non-Duane Era ABB I will have listened to since 9/6 when Fillmore West '71 hit my mailbox, other than some String Cheese webcasts, and listening to some recordings of band practices. Luckily for me, Gregg's voice allows my wife to be able to listen to Allmans all I want as long as it isn't a 40 min Mountain Jam. She can handle some Dead in the car, but when they go way out there or the singing is particularly rough, she lets me know it. She's gonna be disappointed she has to hear some Brent singing, she really doesn't like him. I hope Donna sounds good on the Sing Me Back Home on DaP 32, I love that tune, and will definitely play that in the car with the wife.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Ordered Giants Stadium Blu-Ray Box 9/20/19. Order is still processing. Any help greatly appreciated!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

send me a PM and I'll see what the Doc can do to improve the situation.
user picture

Member for

5 years 3 months

SOLD OUT??!! Are you ever going to get more in? I was at every single one of these shows...I MUST have the box set!😍✌

user picture

Member for

5 years 3 months

The opener RIPPLE at MSG on Halloween this year with Bobby signing solo was a beautiful tribute to Robert Hunter...and a gift for us Dead Heads...many thanks!❤✌

user picture

Member for

5 years 7 months

In reply to by Chinacat68

So what's the deal here, it's been two months since I placed my order and still nothing?

$160 seems like a lot to pay for the idea of some CDs.

Is this real life?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

please send me a PM with the details and I'll see what the Doc can do.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

I'm waiting for my man
One hundred and eighty one dollars in my hand
He's never early, he's always late
First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait
I'm waiting for my man, ah work it now

I'm feeling good, I feel oh so fine
Until tomorrow, but that's just some other time
I'm waiting for my man, walk it home

(Apologies to Lou)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 2 months

In reply to by wave-that-flag

I feel you. I ordered the Giants Stadium digital box set on August 2. When it was released on September 20 I received an email with a link to download the shows. The link, however, was only for the 1991 show. Since that time, I have called and emailed multiple times to try and get the correct link. At one point they did resend the link to me but the link that was sent was the same one that was previously sent. So now I am 2 months and I still have not received all of my music. This has been, by far, the worst customer service experience I have ever been a part of.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 6 months

My Giants Stadium box order scenario is slightly different in that I received my order a couple months ago but the boxset itself was damaged badly in shipment. I requested an exchange two months ago and keep getting told, we are moving warehouses so there could be a delay.. A two month delay.. I have not opened my box as I don’t want to run into issues when the actual exchange happens- if it ever does. Agree with many posts in the overall bad experience, this has to be towards the top of the list for me. I guess I’ll continue to wait.. Or just decide to heck with it and keep my damaged shipment and play on.. These releases are expensive though, is it too much to ask for a boxset that comes as it should? I understand mistakes happen, but communication has to be better. It seems there is little of that unless I initiate it. What’s next? Time will tell.

Im still waiting too- love that cascading stealie on the shirt. I ordered 8-1-19. I did get all the other stuff on my order in multiple shipments including the blu ray box. I've heard the warehouse excuse since june I think. cust service people on phone are nice enough but when ur not too happy, it makes me laugh when they're like "waz ur favorite dead song" at end of call (obvious script question). lol. they don't even know who the dead are.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

MWNJ, I received this response from Dr.Rhino on 11/18 concerning the shirt (I hope this helps with the status of your order):

YF Giants Stadium Retro Jersey Size XLarge is currently listed in our system as being on back order.
Due to issues with our current warehouse partner, we do not have an estimate on when this item will ship.
We can cancel this item, if you would prefer not to continue to wait for it to ship out to you.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

Orderd the Giants Stadium box set as soon as it went on sale and still waiting . Called but still nothing. Poor service. I'm worried about ordering from here .This has become the new norm for dead.net

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 4 months

I was told over the phone that my order would ship in mid-November. It’s now December and still no sign that this will ship anytime soon. At this point I’m wondering if I’ll ever receive it now that it’s sold out and there’s no indication that they are shipping out orders in the order they were received.

Here is another Post, because for some reason everything looks the same to me.
By the way, the Blu-ray sound is the best sound I have ever heard in my life. Man, could we get some more of these released? Still just memorized by the Eyes opener.

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

ordered 2 (two) on Sept 20th and still stuck on "processing".

sent multiple emails/requests with zero response (only the super lame automated "warehouse" excuse).

wait over 3 months for an item to be shipped ? something is rotten at Rhino and its not just the CS.

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

I have been waiting like many for nearly two months and get no assurances or updates from CS. But I am waiting for the July 1978 Box which has now been removed from the Store. I have the Giants Stadium Box in pristine condition so if we go through the holidays status quo, I wonder if anyone would be open to a straight up trade - Giants Box for July 1978 assuming a similar excellent condition?

user picture

Member for

4 years 3 months

My Giants Stadium box order scenario is slightly different in that I received my order a couple of months ago but the boxset itself was damaged badly in shipment. I requested an exchange two months ago and keep getting told, we are moving warehouses so there could be a delay.. A two-month delay.. I have not opened my box as I don’t want to run into issues when the actual exchange happens- if it ever does. I agree with many posts in the overall bad experience, this has to be towards the top of the list for me. I guess I’ll continue to wait.. Or just decide to heck with it and keep my damaged shipment and play on. These releases are expensive though, is it too much to ask for a boxset that comes as it should? I understand mistakes happen, but communication has to be better. It seems there is little of that unless I initiate it. What’s next? Time will tell.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Ordered the box set 9/20 and never received anything. Warehouse issues and all. Credit card was refunded late November but no one told me and order status still said “Processing” well thereafter—I know because I kept checking repeatedly. Then late December I get a surprise Dead net “Order on the Way” e-mail. Nice. On Dec 24th, Warner Music Group sends me an Invoice for the Giants Stadium Box set along with a Double CD by Swedish prog rock group The Flower Kings (entitled “Waiting for Miracles.”). “The Flower Kings are Back!” the cover sticker reads. The wife thinks I’m nuts cause I’m asking to see the packaging from the garage trash and asking if anything else came. No, just that one, she says humoring my CD affliction. Corporate wins again. The reselling vultures are still too pricey so reluctantly I rip copies from a friend. Bummer—this time I really wanted the box and toys for personal reasons. We all did who ordered. Let’s see what 2020 brings.....

Yes I still have the Giants Box and I am willing to trade for July '78. I prefer a person to person exchange to avoid any mess-ups, but I am in Jersey City , NJ so I don't know how that works for you. If you can think of a better trade method let me know.

I received the exact same thing. I don't recall my card getting refunded. Does this mean there is no resolving this issue? The 78 Box came at the same time no problem.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 2 months

With purchase of this boxset, was it supposed to come with a digital download option for the HD FLAC's? The product description eludes to this. I received the box but never saw any download card and would like to get the high def tracks to compliment it. Thanks!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 1 month

In reply to by Dave Sweeting

I pre-ordered this and got the email that my order was on its way back in the fall. It never showed up and I waited a long time before contacting customer support. We went back and forth for months with me contacting them periodically for an update. They mentioned the warehouse issue and then finally created a new order. I then got the email stating that due to issues I would see a refund in 5-7 business days. The next week the box set was sitting on my driveway. Hopefully those out there who didn't get this get the same surprise. This is the only order I have ever had an issue with.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 11 months

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Grateful Dead box sets. Every time I try and rip them to my non-iTunes system the data results in an unholy mess. Dave Pick's 33 doesn't make any sense, the Rutherford Box likewise. I am sure others are having similar problems and I have written to Dave to report. He's reporting this up the line as he's not responsible with pressings. I'd love to know what others are doing and whether there is a solution out there?

If I understand what you mean by metadata. I use cd-ex for all my ripping. There seems to be a "place" where all the cd info is kept. Sometimes I have to enter it all in and I always believe "no one" has sent it in yet. I believe cd-ex has an option to upload it once you type it in, but I never do. Sometimes you can have a choice of which data you want to use because it can give you several label options to choose from. I assume I-tunes has the same sort of data base and until SOMEONE sends the data in, it ain't there. I'm never quite sure what method they use to identify which cd you want to rip. Do cd's have an identifying code sequence in them? Purely based on track number and time of? Unsure. I sure about one thing, the less the cd is known, the greater the chance to track info will not be there. I just sucked in 7 albums of Igor & the Red Elvises,,,, only one had the info available, the rest I typed in. Generally with the Dead stuff at least, you don't have much to type since they can't fit that many songs on one cd. Unlike that bluegrass stuff, where there are 35, 2 minute songs,,,,,, all with titles that contain 37 words and special characters!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/giants-stadium/giants-stadium-1987-1989-1991-boxed-set.html