• 33 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    Last year we launched a brand new highly-collectible 7” vinyl series and a subscription to that series, to boot. We continue in 2018 with the next batch of remastered singles on 7-inch colored vinyl featuring newly commissioned artwork, each limited to 10,000 copies and available exclusively at dead.net. Didn't subscribe last year but want to collect the whole set? Singles 1-4 are available a la carte in the Dead.net store.

The first release, arriving March 1, will be 1970's “Uncle John's Band” b/w "New Speedway Boogie.” This limited-edition reissue features newly remastered audio, transferred from the original analog mono single tape, mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser with original artwork by Nate Duval.

Other volumes to be released in 2018 include:

“Truckin’”/“Ripple”

“Sugar Magnolia”/“Mr. Charlie”

“Let Me Sing Your Blues Away”/“Here Comes Sunshine”

Purchase Volumes 1-4 together here

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • scottaar
    Default Avatar
    !!!
  • zally
    Default Avatar
    hi , this was the way it was issued. they did a quick remix for am radio, hence the words god damn at the time unacceptable being deleted.there is no reason that the 45 subscription continue. you will get nothing new.
  • lunatic4blues@…
    I received the first 7" in this years subscription. Why would it be a censored version? Where the words"God damn" occur is a blank space.
  • mustin321
    I assume the Mr. Charlie single is a live recording? Or did they happen to do that one in the studio?
  • augusteast
    Default Avatar
    make this image into a T-shirt. People like me and you will buy it.
  • zxtttxz
    I checked spam - no luck. It's been interesting. I didn't subscribe until about June or so. They sent me the first two hard copy singles then (golden road and stealin I think) and the download for stealin. But not golden road. Then I got dark star in the mail but no download code. Then I got Cosmic Charlie but no download. So then I e-mailed customer service, and they replied by re-sending the download code for stealin. I replied and told them that they had re-sent the only one I told them I had received. So then they replied again by sending links for digital downloads for dark star and golden road. So now all I'm missing is cosmic charlie. I figure there's still a chance they'll send it to me. Seems like it shouldn't require this much effort. But, at least I did receive all 4 of the singles in good shape in a timely manner.02Jan2018 UPDATE: I received Cosmic Charlie digital download today!
  • BigBluesDriver
    Default Avatar
    About 3 weeks ago, I received a 12-inch cardboard mailer for vinyl which turned out to be empty. I could reach right inside. Not an ideal way to ship a 7-inch record. I'm sure it slipped out in transit. The next day I called customer service. The recording said to email if you had issues so I did. Got a confirm email back saying it would take 2 days to respond. Waited a week and heard nothing. Called customer service again, got a guy who couldn't help me but gave me a Dr. Rhino email which was supposed to fix everything. Emailed that day (about 10 days ago) and still haven't heard anything. Usually the Dead customer service eventually come through. I had a "Road Trips" CD not show up and they couldn't have been more helpful about it. Sent another no questions asked. But this time the lack of communication is concerning. Someone there messed up by sending a 7-inch record in a 12-inch shipper. I am holding off my 2018 subscription until this is fixed.
  • David Duryea
    I'm sure they're just taking the time trying to get everything just absolutely perfect. /s
  • David Duryea
    I got my email with the download link on 12/12 from Grateful Dead . Did you check your spam folder?
  • zxtttxz
    The page really should be updated to delete this phrase: "Digital delivery of each of the tracks featured on each 7”, delivered on or around release date" It could be updated to something like "There is a possibility that you'll also get a digital copy, but don't count on it." Reason I say that is I'm 1 for 4 in 2017 on digital delivery. Just a thought. Rock on! update: GD Customer Service responded and sent me two of the three missing digital singles! So they're batting .750 for 2017...still wondering where Cosmic Charlie is...let's hope for a perfect score in 2018...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

Last year we launched a brand new highly-collectible 7” vinyl series and a subscription to that series, to boot. We continue in 2018 with the next batch of remastered singles on 7-inch colored vinyl featuring newly commissioned artwork, each limited to 10,000 copies and available exclusively at dead.net. Didn't subscribe last year but want to collect the whole set? Singles 1-4 are available a la carte in the Dead.net store.

The first release, arriving March 1, will be 1970's “Uncle John's Band” b/w "New Speedway Boogie.” This limited-edition reissue features newly remastered audio, transferred from the original analog mono single tape, mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser with original artwork by Nate Duval.

Other volumes to be released in 2018 include:

“Truckin’”/“Ripple”

“Sugar Magnolia”/“Mr. Charlie”

“Let Me Sing Your Blues Away”/“Here Comes Sunshine”

Purchase Volumes 1-4 together here

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

All in for 2018 subscription Last year artwork was excellent !! Place vinyl in protective sleeve as well as upgrades in new year
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I agree, put 45's in protective paper sleeve inside cardboard cover. Thanks for the 45 program, I like the stupid things.
user picture

Member for

11 years 9 months

Not worth it for me to re-up on this subscription. I would love to have the upcoming singles but I have had problems with this first run. Volume 1 pressing had little circle dots baked into the vinyl. Volume 3 arrived with a huge gash/scratch on the Dark Star side. Called in over a month back & I'm still waiting. called today but now you can no longer call a live person to get help in replacing the damaged product. So I have to send emails & hope for a response to take care of issue. If there was simply better quality control during the manufacturing process I would feel confident to move forward on year 2......
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Well that sucks.. I have not gotten my vinyl room up and running yet.. so I haven't opened them. Then again.. they aren't something I would reach for and play often. I wonder if they knew that and let the QC slip below their famously high standards? :D Still.. this is a nostalgic purchase because we love this stuff.. if it doesn't play that really leaves a bad taste.. It's going to drive anybody off, it's just really bad form.
user picture

Member for

11 years 9 months

Hi Jim- Definitely open them up and visually inspect them. I have not had any warp issues so they are probably flat. Though they should be played at some point. My original Gold single included in the 30 trips box set looked fine until I played it. Turned out it had significant static. Dr Rhino replaced it immediately & second copy was fine. And yes these are definitely a nostalgic purchase at the most. Heck the song is over in a couple minutes but the artwork & colored vinyl is awesome. I feel like a kid again having all this GD ephemera. The best of the vinyl for me so far is the 67 trips 3 LP set. It's great to look at & having Viola Lee blaze out of the speakers always gets me going. And the Cornell LP show is another gorgeous package. With a different booklet than the CD's all encased in a stunning purple box. and more importantly the vinyl on those releases is thick, flat & blemish free. But outside of this 45 series Rhino/Warner almost always delivers what I think is the best vinyl quality out there. The Neil Young re releases, Sabbath, Zeppelin and the many other artists I have recently bought are all produced in high quality vinyl. Wish I could say the same for the Capitol label. Went through 3 Beatles White albums & a few other artist releases that you are simply rolling the dice & hoping for a flat copy. Lastly Universal Music Group- I simply avoid them & save my money. the Allmans Fillmore East was a waste & I had to return a Soundgarden release. With all these high priced vinyl reissues you expect good quality & Rhino/Warner have been excellent in that regard.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

I was wondering if anyone has a scans of the first 45's art work they would not mind sharing. Nevermind looks like someone has them up on discogs. thanks,
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 6 months

I ordered this sub last year and loved it; they are tasty little morsels! Novelty yes, but good novelty. However...due to my being double-charged for my Dave's subscription, I am hesitant to order again from Dead.net. I don't like having the hassle of getting charges dealt with, it's just such an unnecessary part of this process. Please fix it so I can purchase with confidence. Some of us don't have massive extra padding on our credit cards to absorb double charges and then wait while they get reversed. Thanks- JT
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

Still waiting for a replacement Dark Star. Warped beyond playability out of the box due to shrink wrap so tight it bent the cover. Got an email that one was on the way. For about two months after-crickets. Returns are impossible. The mixes were all wrong - not using the mono as the original singles. GRTUD used the stereo album mix - not the mono single which is significantly different. Won't be re-upping.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

Folks...shrink wrap does not warp records. Not saying things aren't damaged but it's not due to tight packaging.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 5 months

Dead.net seems to be having QC issues. I have a subscription for the singles. I received #1 and #3,but not #2. It took months of calling and e-mailing to get it. Promises promises, but it took months. Why? Don't you care about us? It seems like whoever is in charge needs to be canned and someone who is willing to pay attention is put in charge. I think, unfortunately, that your operation needs to be brought back to the USA.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 4 months

hi all , i bought the first subscription and was not very happy .out of the 4 singles im only keeping 2, stealin and dark star. the wrong mix on golden road was HUGE mistake STEREO not MONO. so i sold it. as for diamond dupree when it arrives im selling it to as it is the same as the lp version. i have no need for any of the other singles.it seems that the quality control was not very good this time around.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

too bad the 45s are getting such flak. there's a reason vinyl lost out to CDs back in the 80s.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

There are many reasons vinyl almost disappeared convenience newness record labels put out trash. Now, why are cds dropping dramatically and vinyl has been exploding for the past 5 years. Although I believe there's a place for both in my life
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

When the shrink wrap is so tight it bends the cover and the warp is in the same place as the bend..... If it wasn't the shrinkwrap, it was bent and warped before they shrinkwrapped it. Either way is not good. Still no word from them regarding a replacement for a horribly defective product. I've given up. Won't re-up.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

You're right. 50 years ago the was discussion about whether you should leave the plastic on. It turned out to be bogus. Loose or even slightly tight plastic never caused an issue. Unfortunately today there seems to be a battle as to who can wrap the disc the absolute tightest the result being some are so damn tight it actually curves the vinyl
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 4 months

well here it is dec 1 and no 45.whats going on here? i ordered 2 copies and neither are here. sure glad i only wanted the first 4. even they were not sent out at the proper time. had to complain about where they were.the worst customer service i have encountered in a long time.
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

Estimated Delivery: Wednesday, 12/06/2017 Last Location: La Vergne, TN, United States, Friday, 12/01/2017 Left At: UPS Mail Innovations
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 4 months

Do you do anything but complain?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

First one (Stealin')- seemed OK Second one (Golden Road) - No paper inner sleeve and an inexcusable stereo mix Third one (Dark Star) - horribly warped and won't play without skipping unless I increase the tone arm to 2.5 grams. Crickets from customer service. Three months and no replacement even though I got an email saying they would send me another. Customer service FAQ says to return it at my expense with no guarantee they'll be able to send a new one. I'd rather throw it to the wind. What could possibly go wrong with #4? No delivery even though tracking sez it's at my house. Contacted customer service, but don't expect any sort of response or delivery. Chalk this one up to experience. Not re-upping. Much too frustrating and it seems they don't care about what's being delivered after they got ya for the the whole year. Good luck to those who re-up. Hope they don't screw up Truckin' as the single mix differs greatly from the album version.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I wish that the producers/reproducers of this series could have used the original (or a near-perfect reproduction) of the original picture sleeve. I don't want to pay $150.00 for five LPs just for a reproduction of the original 45 r.p.m. sleeve, as you get with the the 5 LP "Warner Bros. Studio Albums Vinyl Box."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 4 months

hi ,zally here.boy did they do a number on us. bad pressings ,no customer responce,said it was delivered not not .. i kept 2 sold 2. its over . some people say that we are complaing but service was bad not just to me and you but many others.if you pay for something up front or later upon availavility they should be giving you what you ordered in a prompt and efficent way.. why not here ?sundazed records pays for the damaged return and then ships out another for free.. dead net should use them as source for prompt and efficent serivce
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

Non Delivery of #4 reported. Stated that tracking sez delivery complete, but the package is no-show. Response from customer service was 'you can check the status of your delivery here' So - this tells me they don't read your emails or have little grasp of the English language. I'll file this away with the email I got regarding the defective Dark Star which stated a replacement is on the way - three months and no replacement. Don't expect anything at this point. Live and learn. Oh yeah, I got something from Norton a few years ago that was mangled. I sent them a picture and they responded with 'good God!' Replacement within the week. There's something to aspire to. I don't consider myself a complainer. Defectives and misdelivery happen. It's just the follow up that sucks.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 4 months

hi jiffy , you must continue to let them know your disatisfaction of no responce and get the replacements you need.you gave them the money upfront and they should compensate for the non arivals and the defective dark star. dont give up.
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

The page really should be updated to delete this phrase: "Digital delivery of each of the tracks featured on each 7”, delivered on or around release date" It could be updated to something like "There is a possibility that you'll also get a digital copy, but don't count on it." Reason I say that is I'm 1 for 4 in 2017 on digital delivery. Just a thought. Rock on! update: GD Customer Service responded and sent me two of the three missing digital singles! So they're batting .750 for 2017...still wondering where Cosmic Charlie is...let's hope for a perfect score in 2018...
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

I got my email with the download link on 12/12 from Grateful Dead . Did you check your spam folder?
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

I checked spam - no luck. It's been interesting. I didn't subscribe until about June or so. They sent me the first two hard copy singles then (golden road and stealin I think) and the download for stealin. But not golden road. Then I got dark star in the mail but no download code. Then I got Cosmic Charlie but no download. So then I e-mailed customer service, and they replied by re-sending the download code for stealin. I replied and told them that they had re-sent the only one I told them I had received. So then they replied again by sending links for digital downloads for dark star and golden road. So now all I'm missing is cosmic charlie. I figure there's still a chance they'll send it to me. Seems like it shouldn't require this much effort. But, at least I did receive all 4 of the singles in good shape in a timely manner.02Jan2018 UPDATE: I received Cosmic Charlie digital download today!
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

I'm sure they're just taking the time trying to get everything just absolutely perfect. /s
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 9 months

About 3 weeks ago, I received a 12-inch cardboard mailer for vinyl which turned out to be empty. I could reach right inside. Not an ideal way to ship a 7-inch record. I'm sure it slipped out in transit. The next day I called customer service. The recording said to email if you had issues so I did. Got a confirm email back saying it would take 2 days to respond. Waited a week and heard nothing. Called customer service again, got a guy who couldn't help me but gave me a Dr. Rhino email which was supposed to fix everything. Emailed that day (about 10 days ago) and still haven't heard anything. Usually the Dead customer service eventually come through. I had a "Road Trips" CD not show up and they couldn't have been more helpful about it. Sent another no questions asked. But this time the lack of communication is concerning. Someone there messed up by sending a 7-inch record in a 12-inch shipper. I am holding off my 2018 subscription until this is fixed.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

make this image into a T-shirt. People like me and you will buy it.
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

I assume the Mr. Charlie single is a live recording? Or did they happen to do that one in the studio?
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

I received the first 7" in this years subscription. Why would it be a censored version? Where the words"God damn" occur is a blank space.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 4 months

hi , this was the way it was issued. they did a quick remix for am radio, hence the words god damn at the time unacceptable being deleted.there is no reason that the 45 subscription continue. you will get nothing new.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

!!!
product sku