• 1,823 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • schumertour

Hey noww i placed my order for the RFK 89 set on Saturday Nov 21 and received confirmation that it will ship with Ups (tracking # provided) today Wednesday Nov 25 2020. I was reluctant to order considering the comments about delays in receiving the goods, glad it seems they’re on it now. Nothin left to do but smile smile smile!!!!! Can’t wait to fire up and crack that baby open to relive the moments missed.

• InfiniteJest

Is this 100% still in stock?

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

Try contacting Marye at the 'Got Issues With Your Store Order' forum; it's further down on the topics page. She might be able to help as she has in the past. I can understand your frustration. Also, remember the mail has been slooowed down. Good luck.

• Thetentman

This service is the worst. So slow and unhelpful.

• Thetentman

I ordered this in Feb 2020. It is now the last day of August 2020 and I am still waiting. Last week they notified me it was in stock. 2 days later they said it shipped. Except the Tracking number they provided does not work. They have not replied to 2 requests for info. My Dave's Picks subscription takes 3-4 weeks to arrive. So I guess I will start looking at the end of September. BTW when I ordered it never mentioned that it was not in stock. It is too bad that the DEAD trust this Mickey Mouse operation. We deserve better. FYI there are many choices and bootlegs on Amazon with MUCH better service. Caveat Emptor.

• That Mike

Sorry to say, but the problem is Dead.net itself. They take your money, and you are your own. No response to e-mail requests to Customer Nonservice, and phone calls promise to “escalate” your very important message to the Warehouse, which is double talk for “We will pitch your request in the garbage”. Too bad - a musical legend, that produces the sonic masterpieces it does, and it leaves Shipping and Customer Service in the hands of the Keystone Kops.

I wish you well, but welcome to the Matrix.

• StevePaulos
    Default Avatar

Ordered on 6/4/2020. What’s the hold up?

• Thetentman

I ordered in May. It is on backorder. No one can tell me when it is due back in stock. Love the Dead But they leave a lot to be desired with their merchandising arm. How hard is it to put a banner across the web page with the product status?

• truckineric

My order for RFK 89 is still in pending mode. I ordered on 12-22. Is it sold out? I hope not because I need more 1989 in my life :)

• truckineric

Is this sold out? I purchased on 12-22. My order is still pending. Please help.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

user picture

Member for

6 years 8 months

I was on here a couple of weeks ago looking for suggestions for Dead shows, and a lot of people responded. I ended up getting Ladies & Gentlemen the Grateful Dead, Rockin' in the Rhein, and a bunch of Europe '72 shows, in fact everything that's still available on the site. I Googled their discography and there are several more that are not on the site. Where can I buy these? It looks like you can buy the first several shows of the tour on this site and the last one from May 26th, but nothing else is listed or it says Currently Unavailable. I've had the Grateful Dead Soundtrack and Sunshine Daydream for a couple of years, and Dark Star is really one of the standout moments for me. I was pleased to see a version on Ladies and Gentlemen, which was excellent, but very short compared to Sunshine Daydream and Movie Soundtrack. There are great performances of it on everything else I bought, 4/8/72, 4/14/72, 4/17/72, and Rockin' in the Rhein. I ordered the From the Vault box set and am awaiting delivery. What's the scoop on these shows? Were they any good in 1968? I thought hard about whether to buy this for a good 60 seconds.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Oops. Meant to say they were up to no good in '68.Excellent show. Great American Music Hall '75 is a smoker as well. Chester ain't no slouch either...to say the least. You're in for a wild ride man. Keep yer arms & head inside the bus at all times and all will go well. Have fun. ;)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, DK. A 4-disker. Could be worse. Ptth. Who am I kidding. Its better....the Dark Star melts the walls, even when high on IPA's. Oh, and what rjf said....strap in and hold on tight....
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Avalon get some... :)
user picture

Member for

7 years 8 months

You have chosen . . . Wisely. The From the Vault Box was one of my first purchases from here as well. All three are terrific, and so very different. Three distinct phases of the Dead's evolution. One and Two are loaded in my old 5 disc changer as we speak. I listened to One on Sunday, its "anniversary" day, and it just blew me away once again. I've probably listened to that show more than any other individual show and I still love it. E72 shows are out there on Ebay. I've seen some of the really popular ones (Amsterdam :) be a little pricey, but mostly they're reasonable. If you don't require the physical CDs, nugs.net has lossless downloads for a nice price. For some reason they're missing a couple of the shows, and they have the original 2 disc Hundred Years Hall release instead of the full show release. And if you're even less picky than that, the shows are all available on the big digital platforms via streaming or MP3.
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

A lot of releases are limited edition and sell out quickly. Others are not limited but eventually sell out because they are not unlimited, and are not continuously produced. Sometimes Real Gone Music will do a production run of Dick's Picks but those then sell out.Some of the 'not limited' releases can be obtained at Amazon or record stores (if those still exist). As a last resort there are used copies for sale on eBay and Amazon. Here are a few you might still be able find Closing of Winterland 12-31-78 Go To Nassau 1980 Nightfall of Diamonds 10-16-89 I think you said that you were looking for early stuff, but those shows aren't too bad, which is why they were released in 'not-limited' form. You can also still get the July 1978 Box (limited but not sold out yet) and the May 1977 Box All Music Edition. Try Closing of Winterland and if you like it buy the '77 and '78 Boxes.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Butch - You HAVE chosen wisely. Excellent choices so far. My suggestions: - The E'72 are all amazing, but all kind of similar, especially for newer ears, so I would put a low priority on collecting them all since there are so many eras to explore that are each SO different.. - Live/Dead is a must own if you don't have it. From 1969. I think the first and arguably the best live GD release ever. - Gotta get Cornell '77 if you don't have it (preferably the whole box). - '78 Red Rocks box is must own - stunned that this hasn't sold out.
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

Well people, there is some funny shit going back and forth here; I must say I nearly snorted out my coffee at BOTH VGuy's and Bobaloo's stories. Balloons & standing = definitely a BAD idea. I have seen that happen in a lot before, no one I knew, but it always made me question....why stand up when you do that!!! VGuy, you are a CHAMP for trudging forward in the face of brain damage. ;) And Jimmy's response: "Gravitational Woes!"...I lost it on that. and THEN...Bobaloo's story....I found the frickin funniest part was how you got revived with....A ROAST BEEF SAMMICH!! that is funny shit. I mean, Roast Beef Sammich to the RESCUE!!! Finally - Butch - I also had a little chuckle at your extremely honest question regarding 1968 primal Dead. Clearly you were just probing for a little insight...and once you dive into Two From the Vault, ALL will become clear. It is such a powerful performance - so raw and energetic - and a wonderful juxtaposition to the other two offerings in that little gem of a box. Also, that '68 show comes with a 3rd disc inclusive of a monster Alligator - the original Two From the Vault was only 2 discs...so that is another win. Turn that show right up to 11. In closing, I am a little giddy today as tomorrow morning Ingrid and I hop a plane to Bermuda for a long weekend (it's my younger bro's 10-year wedding anniversary; they got married on BDA). A Little R & R is in the works; hopefully no hurricanes nearby (I have NOT checked the weather...prolly should do that). Have a great day All. Sixtus
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I hate to wallow in someone else's misery.. but the car smell is what got me howling. I laughed so hard I began to feel guilty about it as you can tell it was not the high water mark in Bobaloo's life. ..but thanks for sharing, it really is funny shit. When the car dealer asks if someone died in your car.. classic.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I have had a wild relationship with Roast Beef/I was dated a very hot jewish girl ( Im catholic ) and went out for a meal to a deli with her family. They all ordered Lox and Bagels. Now I dig bagels but had no idea what lox was so I ordered a roast beef sammie. Her mom looks over at me and says "You're such a goy!" My response, "well Thank You" I had no idea she had just slammed me! Oh well. I had a great time with her daughter and that was enough for the ole Loo.............. lahium. Ya'll Next time I will tell the story of a guest singer who sat in one night and sang Stairway to Heaven in Yiddish!!!!!!
user picture

Member for

9 years

I will throw one more release at you if you do decide 68 dead is for you. Grateful Dead Fillmore East 2-11-69
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I don't listen to primal dead everyday because I don't want to burn myself out on it. But when I want to get truly inspired.. when I want to light the fuse and see what happens.. its 67 through 71 I reach for. There are some 68 shows that are simply ridiculous, off the charts examples of focused energy. Lightning struck that year.. and some of the recordings, considering their age and the technologies of the day, are quite good. The 2/14/68 road trips is one of my absolute favorite GD releases. The whole thing smokes with creativity and raw, unharnessed power. I am patiently awaiting the first 68 Dave's Picks.. we know it's coming.. Good luck on your search, Butch. I highly recommend getting comfy with archive.org too. I use either setlists.net or deadlists.com to search through the shows databases a lot.. both give you links to the recordings that exist in the archive. Give 2/26/77 a listen for a good example of a worthy show not yet released...
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one. I mean who needs food really? Also ordered 2 copies of Reckoning Expanded. I mean whose lifestyle needs support, mine or the fellas? Think we all know the answer to that. G
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

I missed this Road Trips when it came out....sad! But i completely concur, it is outta this world. I hadn't realized until somewhat recently that the 'Alligator' mash up from 'Anthem of the Sun' was largely pulled from this performance, inclusive of the 'Mountain jam' reference... Overall, killer, killer show. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of constantly-morphing-yet-thoroughly-entertaining Board Topics... Sixtus
user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

Hey Dave !Please post a couple of tunes off these 2 '89 RFK shows. Thanks
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 8 months

Jim, I could have written your comments about Primal Dead and '68. My eyes always drift over to my primals, then I go, no, gotta soften it up with a '72/'73 or '77/'78 first, then dive into the primal later at night. Butch, you're off to a great start. Pay attention to Thin's recommendations too, they're right on the mark. Definitely get Live/Dead in any case, and the all music edition of get shown the light - all four shows, it's worth it. I'd add a few others for consideration: - Fillmore West '69 (the 3 disk version; complete set is out of print and very expensive) This has a similar lineup to 2-11-69 and part of Live/Dead came from these shows, but even though the number of tunes were limited, the jams are different every time and the playing was on fire. - Reckoning if you like acoustic Dead. Great tunes and well played. Plus how can you turn down an acoustic Jack-a-Roe? - Skull and Roses from 1971. Still among my favorite Berthas, Wharf Rats, and NFA>GDTRFBs. This CD and Live/Dead were unlimited regular releases, so they're dirt cheap. Also, do some more reading about Dicks Picks, Daves Picks, and Road Trips. Figure out what eras you like best or want to fill in as missing gaps, and look for those either with Real Gone music or on ebay/amazon. Try to focus on more recent ones (or those reissued at some point) on your ebay/amazon purchases because they will still be relatively more affordable. But check Real Gone too for Dicks, and watch for their upcoming re-releases of Road Trips.
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

Yes, yes, yesThat is some quality listening! "Soon to have an album out on Looney Tunes".... "Neil ain't dead".....
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

It shouldn't be this much of a pain in the ass just to change your avatar...im not even stoned
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Ahh, but perhaps there were a few tasty morsels from this very box posted on this site at one point. You just gotta poke around.... Back to 11/17/73 sublime @the beach.... And yes, beyond Celebrating Jerry & Dead Play Dylan..... Peace to all......
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

Can take up to 2 weeks...
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....but you know me. Trey Anastasio Band @ The Brooklyn Bowl. Las Vegas. End of October. Two shows Tix $45. No brainer....
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I hear it doubles as a head-wound first aid turban hat. :D Of all the merch here, I am digging the stoneware coffee (ach hum beer/wine/bourbon) mugs. Being a recovering potter.. they are well made stoneware, hand thrown and pretty durable utility mugs. The Cornell one, in particular, looks real nice and people don't seem to think there is a possibility that anything other than coffee might be in there. Which is a real plus at times. The turban (I mean towel) looks sweet.. wish it was about a foot longer.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I have been deliberating today as to whether to buy this box set of Duane Allmans music, and I am guessing that someone reading this may already have a copy. It seems quite expensive-although it is 7 cds. I haven't got most of the tracks on it-although I have got a lot of official releases of The Allmans, so maybe I have all the tracks on the box by them already-albeit on cds bought in the 1990s. I also have Layla. Does anyone know if the tracks NOT by The Allmans or with Derek and the Dominoes are worth hearing more than once?I'll probably get it-there don't seem to be many about now and if I don't strike soon, the moment may be lost-but if anyone reading this has a copy and thinks it is particularly great or terrible-it might be helpful.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

A must have for Duane Allman fans. Well worth it.
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

There are 2 versions, the original Super Deluxe with schwag and a music only version that came out after the original box sold out. It is an upgrade to the 2 Volumes of the Duane Anthology collections and the ABB Dreams box set. Skydog box features remastering of most if not all tracks for the new box. If you have those, the cost of the new "music only" set is sort of high, but if you don't have the 2 Anthologys and Dreams, it is a nice collection worth the money.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

So the wife has a new nickname for meRed As in Red Foreman from "That 70's Show". I think it maybe because I use the phrase Dumbass a few hundred times a day. Oh Well I now am in a Netflix binge on that show to see if she has a point.............she does!!!!!!! Back to '73 for me.....5 from Sir Dave on the plate
user picture

Member for

9 years

Heard coming in this morning that during the eclipse on Monday 12pm EST till no longer over the US they are playing non-stop Dark Stars on sirius
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Thanks for the speedy response! I don't have either of the anthologies, so I decided to bite the bullet. I am not sure which version I have bought, but as long as it has got all the music, I don't thin k I can lose on this one.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 8 months

I've had problems with checkouts at times too. One thing that sometimes worked is changing my browser settings. I use Firefox. Normally I have it set to Always use Private Browsing Mode and Never accept 3rd party cookies. First I try changing Never accept 3rd party cookies to Accept 3rd party cookies from visited, and if that doesn't work, then to Always accept 3rd party cookies. If none of that works, I turn off Private browsing mode during the order. Depending on what browser you use, some similar changes to your settings might help it go through, if you're not already set at these less restrictive settings.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

I have yet to have my set 2 from 5/5/77 replaced. I was told by Dr. Rhino, they were out of replacement discs. Not feeling the love.... Any ideas? Cheers
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I checked this out at amazon,,, wow,,, that's pricey!!! Luckily my local library has it, skydog and both anthologies have been ordered. Thanks for the heads up.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I also needed a replacement disc 2 for 5/5/77. I mailed customer service on 26 May explaining that I needed a replacement. Within a couple of hours I got a reply from them including a link to an online form where I could give all the details. I submitted the completed form directly. On 8 July I received another mail from customer service stating the my replacement disc had been shipped. Thereafter the small brown package was delivered to my door. As you can see, it took a long time between my request for a replacement and when it got shipped. I don't know when you first contacted customer service and what has occurred since then, but I guess you have been waiting a very long time.
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

I'm also still waiting.......... Received an email from Dr. Rhino more than a month ago claiming that he was also waiting and would send out my replacement as soon as he got his batch. At this point just open up some All Music Edition Boxes and send us our replacements....
user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

As a Duane fanatic, I eagerly snapped up the original limited edition when I chanced upon it at a Guitar Center. It had sold out on Amazon by the time I saw it, and got it for the original retail price of 100 bucks, and it was totally worth it. The mix sounds great on most of the stuff. I confess to still being disappointed in the mix on Loan Me a Dime. I figured if they had an opportunity to remix the master, they could lower the damn horns when he's ripping a 6 minute solo. I've always found that to be a frustrating listen, as he's playing one of his best solos, but your ears are trying their best to pick it out over the excessively loud horns vamping. A lot of the tracks I already had through gathering as many sources of his recordings as possible, but there were 3 brand new demos from the Allman Joys that were great, including Lovelight and What I'd Say. I enjoy this box much more than the Fillmore East box that came out, as Tom Dowd really did select the best parts of the Fillmore shows for the album.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I ordered my copy from a shop called Spin CDs, in England. On Amazon it cost £170.00, but at Spin it cost £99.99. Still pricey, but it looks like a great set, from what I have read about it. Spin are okay, too-I used to order Dicks Picks from them back in the day. I don't know how much the shipping is to America, though. Also, it seems that there are two versions-one more luxurious than the other. I don't know which one I've got-but I'm looking forward to it arriving. I'll keep you posted!
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Thanks for the aside about the Fillmore East box. I never bought that, as I thought it might be too similar to the double cd set I already have. If the pick of the shows are on the original version, maybe this is one box I can do without.Skydog looks like promising, though!
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

I have been fortunate to never have had any ordering problems. Do you have a Paypal account? I always choose to pay through Paypal and it always works. Just makes me think that the back end order processing for the Dead's site may still be struggling. Just FYI. G
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

I have been fortunate to never have had any ordering problems. Do you have a Paypal account? I always choose to pay through Paypal and it always works. Just makes me think that the back end order processing for the Dead's site may still be struggling. Just FYI. G
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

i posted twice. dang isp...
user picture

Member for

7 years 4 months

It was cookies! Got my order in!Thanks everyone else too! I'm wicked excited now!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

and 1984 Summer 78 boxes left
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

A magic number. Why this box hasn't sold out, I will never know. It kicks serious ass. Lately, 1984 is a reminder for me to play 10/12/84 Augusta Maine from 30 trips. They were possessed that night. Wild and Woolley.
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

This box was cheaper before Gregg died. It is the most complete of the Fillmore releases with a nice remaster that is different from the previous releases, Fillmore East, Eat a Peach, The Fillmore Concerts and has the "Final" show from the Fillmore East that was a bonus with the deluxe Eat a Peach release. The only reason to get the box is to hear the same show played 4 times and some extras on the fourth show that was used on the previous releases. The whole point of the 2 night run was to record the next album, so that's exactly what they played. Some people like the subtle differences of the alternate tracks instead of the ones you know by heart, but in the end you realize they released the right versions at the time. The rarity is the 1st show with the unexpected horns and harmonica guests that Tom Dowd convinced them to drop for the other 3 shows.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

yesterday driving around seattle. big traffic stoppage under the west seattle bridge. as I approach it, listening to stuck inside of mobile from 7/7/89, i come to and stop on a railroad track as the lyrics "stay away from the railroad line" happen then multiple times, as I sit there, "is this really the end, to be stuck inside of mobile..." very cool
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/rfk-stadium-1989.html