• 11 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    Limited To 9,000 

Widely considered one of the Grateful Dead's seminal performances, and certainly one of the very best of the universally acclaimed 1973 performing year, 6/10/73 is as synonymous with great Grateful Dead concerts as are 2/13/70, 8/27/72, and 5/8/77. There are few shows that deliver the goods to the extent of this concert, with its statement-opener of "Morning Dew," through lengthy workouts on "Bird Song," "Playing In The Band," "Here Comes Sunshine," "Eyes Of The World," and an other-worldly "Dark Star."  Add to this a nearly hour-long encore/third set featuring members of the Allman Brothers Band (with whom the Dead shared the bill at RFK in 1973), and you have not only one of the most unique shows in Grateful Dead history, but also one of the most exciting, inspired and powerful performances of the Dead's entire career. We're serving up the complete previously unreleased performance, with Plangent Processes tape restoration and speed correction, and mastering by Jeffrey Norman.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • sheik yerbones

I ordered it on amazon, maybe the one you canceled?
    In France, we have to consider all taxes & shipping. For instance JerryGB Lp How sweet it is, from 37 Dollars, go to nearly 70€, bought on JGfamily Provisions. GD One from the vault 3 LP, nearly 90 dollars.
    So thank You. Glad they made it. Glad to add a 73 show to my LPs. Most of the show is good, especially from the end of second set "Bird song to Dark Star", Then from He's gone to Truckin', It's a bit weaker. and the third set not essentieal, the main songs are better played by Garcia Saunders.
    More I listen to this Box, less I am persuaded RFK 6/10 is the winner. This is a wonderful Box, each show is very good.

• marye
    The short answer is I dunno, but send me a PM with the details and I'll see what's possible.
  • John64
    Default Avatar

I originally ordered the RFK LP set on Amazon because it wasn't available on Dead.net. When it came back as available on dead.net I canceled my Amazon order and ordered on the Dead site. At the time, the prices between the two sites were the same, however, Amazon was showing delivery on Aug 16, and I assumed that the Dead.net would be delivered on Amazon. Now here we are on July 31 and my UPS tracking says that a Label has been created, but no shipping date. Meanwhile Amazon now shows the album with delivery by tomorrow morning AND it is $15 cheaper. I could probably live with the $15 opportunity loss if I had some idea when I was going to receive the LP from Dead.net, but the combination of quick delivery and $15 is hard to pass up. Is it possible to cancel my order on dead.net?

• 1stshow70878

CDs were earlier. Today's announcement re: Wake of the Flood here in "store" shows a teaser that says this LP now shipping so it should be soon but don't expect a timely shipping notice. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Good luck and enjoy it.
    Cheers

• Dennis

Got my email this morning saying 8 lp's sent. Of course that only means UPS got a list of people getting it. They need to print off labels, maybe box up. So I figure maybe 2 weeks.

• isolar1250
    Default Avatar

Seen a few people on reddit having received already- been getting worried without tracking and it’s almost a month after “release date” (& yes…dead.net is notorious wonky with email notifications/shipping). Just wondering if i’m in the minority and if I should keep hope up mine hasn’t been lost/stolen lol!

• boblopes

RFK LP still available for pre-order, getting released later this month.

• John64
    Default Avatar

Hi, I was going to purchase this and it says that it is not currently available. Does that mean that it is sold out or something else. I noticed that it is available on Amazon but would prefer to get it off Dead.net if possible. I will wait if it will show up again, but don't want to miss out

• dovetail

Answered the ? Myself

• rgusto
    Default Avatar

Will Dark Star all be on one side or broken up over two? Thx.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

2 years 10 months

Limited To 9,000 

Widely considered one of the Grateful Dead's seminal performances, and certainly one of the very best of the universally acclaimed 1973 performing year, 6/10/73 is as synonymous with great Grateful Dead concerts as are 2/13/70, 8/27/72, and 5/8/77. There are few shows that deliver the goods to the extent of this concert, with its statement-opener of "Morning Dew," through lengthy workouts on "Bird Song," "Playing In The Band," "Here Comes Sunshine," "Eyes Of The World," and an other-worldly "Dark Star."  Add to this a nearly hour-long encore/third set featuring members of the Allman Brothers Band (with whom the Dead shared the bill at RFK in 1973), and you have not only one of the most unique shows in Grateful Dead history, but also one of the most exciting, inspired and powerful performances of the Dead's entire career. We're serving up the complete previously unreleased performance, with Plangent Processes tape restoration and speed correction, and mastering by Jeffrey Norman.

user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

So psyched for this boxset! Really looking forward to this!!!

ps Need it after the epic collapse of the prez curse...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

Hi, I was going to purchase this and it says that it is not currently available. Does that mean that it is sold out or something else. I noticed that it is available on Amazon but would prefer to get it off Dead.net if possible. I will wait if it will show up again, but don't want to miss out

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 3 months

Seen a few people on reddit having received already- been getting worried without tracking and it’s almost a month after “release date” (& yes…dead.net is notorious wonky with email notifications/shipping). Just wondering if i’m in the minority and if I should keep hope up mine hasn’t been lost/stolen lol!

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

In reply to by isolar1250

Got my email this morning saying 8 lp's sent. Of course that only means UPS got a list of people getting it. They need to print off labels, maybe box up. So I figure maybe 2 weeks.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

CDs were earlier. Today's announcement re: Wake of the Flood here in "store" shows a teaser that says this LP now shipping so it should be soon but don't expect a timely shipping notice. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Good luck and enjoy it.
Cheers

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

In reply to by Dennis

I originally ordered the RFK LP set on Amazon because it wasn't available on Dead.net. When it came back as available on dead.net I canceled my Amazon order and ordered on the Dead site. At the time, the prices between the two sites were the same, however, Amazon was showing delivery on Aug 16, and I assumed that the Dead.net would be delivered on Amazon. Now here we are on July 31 and my UPS tracking says that a Label has been created, but no shipping date. Meanwhile Amazon now shows the album with delivery by tomorrow morning AND it is $15 cheaper. I could probably live with the $15 opportunity loss if I had some idea when I was going to receive the LP from Dead.net, but the combination of quick delivery and $15 is hard to pass up. Is it possible to cancel my order on dead.net?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

The short answer is I dunno, but send me a PM with the details and I'll see what's possible.
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

In reply to by John64

I ordered it on amazon, maybe the one you canceled?
In France, we have to consider all taxes & shipping. For instance JerryGB Lp How sweet it is, from 37 Dollars, go to nearly 70€, bought on JGfamily Provisions. GD One from the vault 3 LP, nearly 90 dollars.
So thank You. Glad they made it. Glad to add a 73 show to my LPs. Most of the show is good, especially from the end of second set "Bird song to Dark Star", Then from He's gone to Truckin', It's a bit weaker. and the third set not essentieal, the main songs are better played by Garcia Saunders.
More I listen to this Box, less I am persuaded RFK 6/10 is the winner. This is a wonderful Box, each show is very good.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/en/grateful-dead/special-collections/here-comes-sunshine/rfk-stadium-washington-d.c.-61073-[8-lp]/603497835522.html