• 11 replies
    Anusha
    Default Avatar
    Saint Of Circumstance: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, 6/17/91

Widely considered to be one of the greatest shows the Grateful Dead played in its final decade of performing and one of the few to be recorded to 48-track analog audio tape, this one's got many twinkles of the elusive "Dark Star" as well as the stunning opener of "Eyes Of The World," a textured "When I Paint My Masterpiece," and a classic cover of "The Weight" to wrap things up. You can pre-order it on 3CD, 180-gram 5LP (limited edition of 9,100) or digitally right now.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • That Mike

...to get Customer Service to give a reply to emails and phone calls as to what is going on with delivery of everyone’s orders. Being backlogged is one thing, but to just ignore your customers so blatantly is pretty hard to take. Maybe Dave Lemieux can do a quick Sea Side chat to explain how the ball got so badly dropped on this box set release, or even a general “Hey, we messed up, but here is how we are fixing it” message on the site. I have to agree with a previous post - I’m not sure I will order from Dead.net again, unless I have to, which is lousy, because I cherish the 30 Trips box and the numerous other items I’ve acquired over the years.

• Chiefilliniwek15
    Default Avatar

Its around $83 on amazon so if you add all the taxes and fees and shipping from here, its about ~40 cheaper

• Dennis

I got mine last week. Just came, no notice.

Didn't know it was 40 cheaper on amazon! I'd have gone there also.

• Chiefilliniwek15
    Default Avatar

I too pre-ordered this on the day it was released and have not received any information regarding my order. Still says processing, still says order has not shipped. I could've (and should have) ordered it on amazon for $40 cheaper and I would have had it for a week by now... Never again will I Pre-order from dead.net if I don't have to.

• zxtttxz

who the hell is anusha and why is she shilling for the dead? is anusha just a phony name for grateful dead merchandising? how I wish there were someone at gd customer service...a human being..one who would pick up a phone and explain why a warehouse move scheduled months ago has any effect whatsoever on a product that was just created last week. I think that if I ever met anusha i would really dislike anusha - him her she he it whatever anusha is

• zxtttxz

well I"m glad to hear you've received it. I haven't even received a shipping notice yet. The long-term crappy customer service form GD merchandising is unacceptable. Truly awful. I think it's topped off by the fact that GD clearly doesn't care about their incredibly bad customer service. what a horrible bunch of people

• kaustin7
    Default Avatar

I received my copy of this yesterday and the LP box of 2/28/69 this past Friday. They switched warehouses, which has led to the delay in the shipping of some items. This and the Fillmore should be arriving at your doorstep in the near future.

• zxtttxz

has anyone anywhere received a shipping notice for this record which was scheduled to be released on September 27? It's October 2 but the status is still listed as not yet shipped. I think the status should be listed as "we'll get the records shipped when we're ready...now stop bothering us. " That would be an accurate status update. I can also think of a couple other choice phrases they could use which would even more accurately describe the attitude of GD "Customer Service"

• zxtttxz

hi Anusha - thanks for the sales pitch. I think this record was scheduled to be released on September 27. Today is October 1 but the status of my order is "not yet shipped." Do you happen to know if there is any plan to ship these records to the people who paid for them months ago?

• njdeadhead
    Default Avatar

It would be great if someone could fix the track list for the 5 LP set. I would like to know what tracks are on what sides, currently it shows the cd track list. Thanks!

PS - A view of the packaging would be nice too...you know, before I shell out $100.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 10 months

Saint Of Circumstance: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, 6/17/91

Widely considered to be one of the greatest shows the Grateful Dead played in its final decade of performing and one of the few to be recorded to 48-track analog audio tape, this one's got many twinkles of the elusive "Dark Star" as well as the stunning opener of "Eyes Of The World," a textured "When I Paint My Masterpiece," and a classic cover of "The Weight" to wrap things up. You can pre-order it on 3CD, 180-gram 5LP (limited edition of 9,100) or digitally right now.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 7 months

It would be great if someone could fix the track list for the 5 LP set. I would like to know what tracks are on what sides, currently it shows the cd track list. Thanks!

PS - A view of the packaging would be nice too...you know, before I shell out $100.

user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

hi Anusha - thanks for the sales pitch. I think this record was scheduled to be released on September 27. Today is October 1 but the status of my order is "not yet shipped." Do you happen to know if there is any plan to ship these records to the people who paid for them months ago?

user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

has anyone anywhere received a shipping notice for this record which was scheduled to be released on September 27? It's October 2 but the status is still listed as not yet shipped. I think the status should be listed as "we'll get the records shipped when we're ready...now stop bothering us. " That would be an accurate status update. I can also think of a couple other choice phrases they could use which would even more accurately describe the attitude of GD "Customer Service"

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

I received my copy of this yesterday and the LP box of 2/28/69 this past Friday. They switched warehouses, which has led to the delay in the shipping of some items. This and the Fillmore should be arriving at your doorstep in the near future.

user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

In reply to by kaustin7

well I"m glad to hear you've received it. I haven't even received a shipping notice yet. The long-term crappy customer service form GD merchandising is unacceptable. Truly awful. I think it's topped off by the fact that GD clearly doesn't care about their incredibly bad customer service. what a horrible bunch of people

user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

who the hell is anusha and why is she shilling for the dead? is anusha just a phony name for grateful dead merchandising? how I wish there were someone at gd customer service...a human being..one who would pick up a phone and explain why a warehouse move scheduled months ago has any effect whatsoever on a product that was just created last week. I think that if I ever met anusha i would really dislike anusha - him her she he it whatever anusha is

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 5 months

I too pre-ordered this on the day it was released and have not received any information regarding my order. Still says processing, still says order has not shipped. I could've (and should have) ordered it on amazon for $40 cheaper and I would have had it for a week by now... Never again will I Pre-order from dead.net if I don't have to.

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

I got mine last week. Just came, no notice.

Didn't know it was 40 cheaper on amazon! I'd have gone there also.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 5 months

Its around $83 on amazon so if you add all the taxes and fees and shipping from here, its about ~40 cheaper

user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

...to get Customer Service to give a reply to emails and phone calls as to what is going on with delivery of everyone’s orders. Being backlogged is one thing, but to just ignore your customers so blatantly is pretty hard to take. Maybe Dave Lemieux can do a quick Sea Side chat to explain how the ball got so badly dropped on this box set release, or even a general “Hey, we messed up, but here is how we are fixing it” message on the site. I have to agree with a previous post - I’m not sure I will order from Dead.net again, unless I have to, which is lousy, because I cherish the 30 Trips box and the numerous other items I’ve acquired over the years.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/giants-stadium/saint-of-circumstance-giants-stadium-east-rutherford-nj-6-17-91.html