• 1,689 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    •144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
    •A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
    • Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
    •8 complete shows on 23 discs
          •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
          •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
          •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
          •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
          •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
    Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
    Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
    Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
    Original Art by Jessica Dessner
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • protondecay123
    Default Avatar
    To Fully reconstruct the show from 3/24/1990 at the Knick, you would need to buy " Without A Net " for the One More Saturday Night that closed the 1st Set, Postcards of the Hanging to get the Desolation Row that followed Loser in the 1st set, Dozin' at the Knick for Walking Blues in the 1st set and all of the 2nd set, and Spring 1990 (The Other One) to get the other songs from the 1st set. That show got hacked to pieces.
  • eyes43
    Does anyone have any definitive information on what exactly this is? Heres a link to the ebay item, it has sold, so if you click on this link and you are on a computer or phone, you will need to click on the item to see the original listing. Then you can see the photos, and the numbered coin, which instead of havings its own number, it says, "miracle"? Im thinking this might be what they decided to do with promo copies, instead of leaving it blank, or stamping it "promo" like the FW69 boxset. The Dave's Picks series, all have blank promo copies. (Would be very interesting to know how many promos they make for each of these limited edition items!!) Ok, heres the link:http://m.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dead-Spring-1990-The-Other-One-Box-Set-M… If you have the ebay app, you can also just enter this number in the search box, and it will bring you to the same item. Again, it has already sold, so you will need to click on it, to open the original listing. That item number is: 162549487635 Id really like to know what the miracle means on the numbered coins...it makes sense that it would be a promo, that they sent out to reviewers and whomever else is lucky enough to get all this stuff, we all do everything we can to afford, for free! And instead of stamping promo, or leaving blank, they stamped miracle, as in here is your miracle (free) 1990 spring TOO boxset!!! Must be nice!!! Still, though, would like to know for sure! Thanks.
  • company
    Default Avatar
    I'd check for you but I didn't order this box. Hopefully someone who did will be kind enough to take 5 mins to get you some confirmation so you don't think you're going nuts! beet juice
  • antonjo
    purplekush, I know this is a year after your post, but just for the record, gotta call b/s on your song-length observations: "7 minute Halfstep" ~ yeah, that's short, but so is 12/19/73 (7:29) "8 minute playin's" ~ 8:56 (7/1/78), meanwhile 10:27 (3/14/90), 11:40 (4/3/90) "17 minutes for a Help On The Way>Slipknot>Franklins Tower TOTAL" ~ 14:50 (8/13/75) "8 or 9 minute China-Cat>Rider has no time to even find a groove" ~ 13:17 (3/15/90), 11:09 (3/26/90), 10:24 (4/01/90), 11:05 (9/19/90) No 8 or 9-minute versions I could find on any of my '90 releases. "a 19 minute Scarlet-fire it's over before it starts" ~ really? I guess these are, too? : 19:33 (10/16/77), 18:01 (11/2/77), 18:16 (5/11/78), 19:55 (7/3/78), 18:28 (7/7/78) 3/16/90's Scarlet > Estimated is 22:25. Incidentally, 11/4/77's Other One = 4:25, and 7/5/78's Truckin' = 7:29. They're both pretty hot, though. Morals of the story ~ some older years boast just as short or shorter lengths as '90; not all '90 lengths are as short as you claimed; and most importantly, song lengths alone do not tell the tale on performance heat. I do share your wish for one of the Fall '73 shows with horns!
  • simonrob
    The problem with posting when a release finally sells out is that it inevitably becomes available again a day or two later. Won't make that mistake again. Stranger than fiction.
  • Fogle
    Pulled the trigger just in time this afternoon... Mickey's damn Beam told me, turns out it was the right call. Feels all the more special that it came so close. I'll be returning home to this precious package after nearly 4 months across the pond in a week plus. Perhaps my first post on deadland? I've been reading each and every release comment that you crazies have drummed up for years now. Maybe I'll be back! Nice place to be. Dave, dead.net, all involved in this community, thanks a ton!
  • simonrob
    Finally gone. That will make the folks at Rhino happy. Took a long time for one reason or another. Too soon after the first one? Simultaneous downloads available? 9000 was too many?
  • chr1skol1
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! On yesterday I have got my Spring Box (The Other One). Thanks a lot guys that you have bring to us this exciting and beautiful box!
  • fahrenheit451
    Default Avatar
    Been waiting for what seems like forever for this thing to sell out.
  • DaveandDeeds
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I too was frustrated with iTunes metadata, however I believe this is from lazy and inaccurate individuals who load their poorly labeled discs to Gracenote or whatever, and then the options are usually wrong for the rest of us. This all started for me when I decided to import the E72 box. Nightmare!! My advice is, pick the option that "looks" the most accurate, but DO NOT import it as such. Instead, choose NOT to import, fix the mistakes first, then import away. Sorry for a three moth old reply, but we are all in this together. (~}:-
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
•144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
•A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
• Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
•8 complete shows on 23 discs
      •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
      •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
      •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
      •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
      •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
Original Art by Jessica Dessner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I bet this sale's out in a week two at tops
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

This was ordered immediately!! Here's hoping 6-30-85 or 7-1-85 for Dave's Picks 11!! Thank you Dave & the powers that be!!
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

for the compiler /completionist in all of us.. if you want full 3/24/90 show.... Dozin at Knick has entire second set on disc 2 and 3. And Walkin Blues on Disc 1 "Playing in the Band" (Hunter, Hart, Weir) – 10:08 > "Uncle John's Band" (Hunter, Garcia) – 10:01 > "Lady With A Fan" (Hunter, Garcia) – 6:35 > "Terrapin Station" (Hunter, Garcia) – 6:45 > "Mud Love Buddy Jam" (Grateful Dead) – 7:53 > "Drums" (Hart, Kreutzman) – 9:41 > "Space" (Garcia, Lesh, Weir) – 9:39 Disc 3 "Space" (Garcia, Lesh, Weir) – 1:03 > "The Wheel" (Hunter, Garcia) – 4:45 > "All Along the Watchtower" (Dylan) – 7:45 > "Stella Blue" (Hunter, Garcia) – 8:32 > "Not Fade Away" (Holly, Petty) – 7:24 "We Bid You Goodnight" (trad., arr. Grateful Dead) – 2:21 Spring 90 first box on the end of 3/26/90 CD 3 Bonus Tracks From 3/24/90 Albany ( 1st set) 7. Let The Good Times Roll> [4:01] 8. Help On The Way> [4:05] 9. Slipknot!> [3:50] 10. Franklin's Tower [8:04] 11. Loser [7:30] 12. Tennessee Jed [7:53] and the final 2 tracks: Desolation Row on "Postcards from the hanging" One More Saturday Night is on "Without a net" make a itunes play list and burn it down....
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Smart and thoughtful to offer 3/29 separately. I shall get that, but this is the first box set I am going to give a miss..I have only listened to Spring 90 once and I need to start saving for the 2015 treasure trove. Happy though for all those who are looking forward to this one.
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

I wonder what they are going to do in 2015 to top this.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

Love Spring '90. Bought the first box. In fact, I own every GD release. This is too much money for second-tier shows. I'll grab the 3/29/90 release though.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

It's been so long since I haven't purchased an official GOGD release that the omission seems counter-intuitive! Yet, the timing and nature of this set are budgetarily fortuitous, especially with conventional anticipation of some extraordinary debuts incident to the impending big L (five-oh)! To those ordering, enjoy!/Kate
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

I'm out. My box budget ends at $199.99 This looks grate though and I know I will regret not getting the physical copy. Definitely going to grab 3/29/90 though. Looks like an awesome show! Would be nice if they offer the digital downloads at some point. I bet they will.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

My guess is it sells out in 2 days.If Thelma sold out in 2 days, this won't take as long... considering it's 5000 less copies. Even at the higher price.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

The first Spring Box was also 9,000 copies, was cheaper, and frankly, contained better shows. It took over 4 weeks to sell out, if I remember correctly.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I have the 1st Spring 1990 box, I have listened to every show about 6 times over the course of 13 months, lost interest, repacked everything. Almost ready to sell it, a definitely maybe, perhaps. The Dozin' At The Knick, released in 1996, is good enough for me. I also said here on dead.net, that if the rest of Spring 1990 Tour would be released, I'd wouldn't buy it. Do I really need every Grateful Dead show? I already have a fine copy of 3/29/90. I have better things to do with $250USD or what ever the price is with shipping costs.For those who have pre-ordered this set, fine, I KNOW that you enjoy it.
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Note to self. Duh WW read the description. Digital is going to be available on release date. Cool.
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

Where's "Walkin Blues"?..It looks like this song cant be found..Has it ever been released?
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

...check you PMs, please.(love that screen name, btw!)
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Today begins the countdown for the Spring 77 Conundrum
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

If 3/29/90 isn't limited edition why would anyone pre-order and pay the shipping? I ordered limited SSDD the night of MUAM last year because I thought that was it. Next thing you know the show is in every store for sale. Didn't need the limited with bells and whistles just the music. Didn't know otherwise so I paid more for it and shipping. Still spicy.
user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

"3/24/90Where's "Walkin Blues"?..It looks like this song cant be found..Has it ever been released?" that's just rhino showing a spot of mercy to the fans...
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Just can't spend that kind of money. I hope they go back to more reasonably priced box sets. I'm also not a big fan of 90's Dead so it's not a major blow to me. If it had been a 70's or early 80's box it would really suck as I would love to buy but it's just too pricey. I'm happy for those scooping this up, though. Hope you guys enjoy it. I thought selling the Marsalis show on it's own was a nice touch but not something I'm interested in myself. Still going to grab JGB this up coming week, though. Can't miss out on that.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

Unless I'm mistaken, is on Dozin'. Long live the Queen.
user picture

Member for

13 years 9 months

I would be willing to bet this doesn't sell out so fast. Other than the Branford show, these are the shows they left off the first box. Branford, I am sure, required negotiations with his business manager. But other than that, they chose the shows they thought were the best. These are the ones they left off. If they had planned on releasing the whole tour, they likely would have released the first half of the tour in one box, and the second half of the tour in another box. Secondly, they are selling unlimited digital downloads. This will diminish demand for the box and leave those who like limited editions and those who want the book and replica tickets. The good news is that if they can sell this out in two days, all those clamoring for '90s releases will get their wish going forward.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Just curious as to your thoughts, but I thought the mix on the first Spring '90 box set was weak. I find this odd since "Without A Net" is one of the best live recordings I think I've ever heard, and these releases are culled from the same material. When I go back and listen to these shows, I prefer Healy's soundboard mix over the official releases. They're warmer, better balanced and not nearly as harsh and tinny. Jerry is more up front (vocals and guitar), each band member's placement in the mix is reflective of their position on stage, just the right amount of reverb to make it feel alive. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. These releases have been normalized, so they're definitely louder but lack dynamic range. Anyhow, I'd like to hear what others are thinking about the way these "recent" shows are being mixed down. For me, I'm opting out and sticking with my SBD -> CASS -> DAT -> CD, I think they're mixed better. Chime in. JWB
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

Spring '90 Volume One is from the two-track tapes that were mixed live by Cutler. Volume Two is mixed by Norman from the 24 track tapes. There should be little comparison in terms of the quality between Vol 1 and 2. Without A Net is mixed from the multi-track tapes, just like Volume 2 is.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

I didn't get the first volume since I wasn't thrilled with the sound. It's good to know this will sound different.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I am in - VERY EXCITED, don't really care what the next DAP is at this point just got 8 shows of my favorite dead era - Space Bro I am sure is happy as a pig in Sh#t right now! I used my debit card and the charge is on there now, does anyone if they take the funds out now or when it ships?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 3 months

This is my favorite Dead and the time period that got my attention. Gonna love hearing it!
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Jayburg, Without a Net was mixed from multi-track tapes. The (first) Spring 1990 box was not. It was mastered from live-to-2-track mixes and it definitely suffers.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 10 months

I've never heard half these shows, so its going to be an exciting September in Grateful Dead land! And....there is also a new JGB album coming out from their tour in '78 - with Keith and Donna. Very exciting stuff. Wish the first box set was mastered from the 24 bit analog rather than the 2 channel mix. Can't wait to hear the upgrade!
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

sonically speaking, of course, we all know it kills...anyways... during Jerry's 1st solo you notice the perfect balance between Weir's awesome rhythm playing in the left channel & Garcia in the right, playing his usual groovin' subtle, envelope-filtery tone solo... (the drums & keys ARE NOT OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD like the Boxset 90 #1 mixes are...) Brent kinda floats in the middle, as does Branford, who when he re-enters, he sounds amazing, mixed loud, i'd say, but not too loud, as he mimics the lines Brent is playing... sooooooo freakin good... Lesh right in the pocket, could even be a tad louder (NOT complaining) AND, you can almost feel the nod Branford gave to Jerry as he ends his solo & Garcia starts right into his... or maybe Jer shot him a look sayin " yo, it's my turn!" hehehe... Brian (& others who were there) could you see the stage?? great stuff, an early b-day gift... @ Deuce, debit card, cash gone immediately, holmes... sorry to be tbobn... btw, i'm a diehard Rangers fan, but 2 of my ALLTIME FAVOURITE players are: Ray Bourque & Cam Neely gotta say, i'd love to have Milan Lulic on my Rangers, as well... ♤
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

I ordered up a copy at about 12:30pm mountain time and then checked my account about a half hour later and it's already been taken. Bought & paid for.....now the happy wait. :) re:shipping-$14.95 isn't too bad for something that's probabaly gonna be pretty heavy,book rate style ya know?
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

..Thanks for correcting my dumbassness folks! "I see" said the blindman! Anyway I just picked up this set. Looks great! I broke out Terrapin Ltd. and 4/2 this past weekend so this tour is still in my rotation. Hartford(3/19) and Albany(3/26) were my first shows so this tour is special for me. I remember the cold, snow and ice on those days, so much for "Spring 90!" Dave's 11 and JGB will keep us entertained until this gem arrives! Take care folks! ;)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 11 months

Interesting set. I'm on the fence. I've been buying these for a while and have no problem dropping $100 on it but the $239 will fry wife (I just bought a road bike and have to lay low for a bit...) and am not 100% sure I'd be into this one that much, based on the Estimated Demo. It's interested but extra syncopated. If I only have two days, it's not gonna happen anyway as I have to pack and clean the house and fly to Oklahoma after 1/2 day @ work tomorrow and will be at my cousin's lakehouse which, according to Mrs, has sketchy internet, which would usually be cool... Hmm, there about 8:40, it sounds better, along with grabbing headphones instead of my suckazz laptop speakers. Hmmm indeed....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

Whilst I see many comments regarding the cost as well as the shipping, I don't see any recognizing this item as a collectible and everything that goes with collectibles...the good, the bad, etc.It was and is meant to be an appreciable (in every way) artifact. Thoughts?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

That makes sense, I guess I just assumed that the 1st box set was from the 24 track tapes. Without a Net is beautiful, Dozin' is right up there with it. So why does the Warlocks box set suffer? According to the notes, it was mixed from the multi-track. Maybe my expectations are too high. Thanks for the response.
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

it's great to see all the chatter. love the action here. there has not been a buzzz like this for a while.. i,m feelin' it ! love to all the familiar names i have not seen lately ..
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Personally, Spring 1990 (#1) was the best box set released, as far as presentation, etc. They do a great job as far as Europe 72, May 77, Warlocks.. but Spring 1990, to me, is a family heirloom. My son will get it one day, along with the early pre-order poster. I can't wait to get this one, and the early poster as well. It will sell out, and appreciate. The Europe 72 box had individual releases, a music only option.. and yet the trunk still sells between 700 and 1000 often. It's that collectible. This one looks beautiful, and I will treasure it always... It may only get a few listens, but hey, I am a completist, and I love my collection. It's my connection to the band now that they're gone (not counting ratdog, further, pl&f, etc). This is gonna be SWEET. 24 track masters, great book, great add-ons, great packaging... I'm all over it. I was on this tour, and it shaped my life. I loved the 3/29/90 show... It was magic. I've seen the video someone posted on youtube, at least a dozen times. I've owned an audience tape, burned to cd-r, for years... but I can't WAIT to get this. THANK YOU DAVE LEMIEUX!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

blah. i still can't get the hang of the way these comments work. i was trying to reply to someone else's comment
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

I've been a Dead fan since 1965. I ordered this... then checked and canceled. If I had not already purchased the previous spring 1990 set, or if it had not previously been released, things would be different. Even if it is a new mix, it is not worth $250 for one new show. This should have been clearer in the email blast. When they start re-re-re-releasing the same material, at some point it is just crass commercialization... I would love to see the show I don't have released separately, and I would happily buy it in a minute.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

I've been a Dead fan since 1965. I ordered this... then checked and canceled. If I had not already purchased the previous spring 1990 set, or if it had not previously been released, things would be different. Even if it is a new mix, it is not worth $250 for one new show. This should have been clearer in the email blast. When they start re-re-re-releasing the same material, at some point it is just crass commercialization... I would love to see the show I don't have released separately, and I would happily buy it in a minute.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

This A*hole gives the rest of us who sell on ebay a bad name. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRATEFUL-DEAD-SPRING-1990-THE-OTHER-ONE-8-SHOWS… Whoever this is, should be ashamed of themselves. I think it WILL appreciate to $399. But to post it for sale at that now, when it's available direct... is a disgusting act of in-human non-decency. This guy is as bad as springfromnight1989.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Hmmm...I can't get "Estimated" to play on Rolling Stone. All I see is the soundcloud icon, and nothing happens when I click on it. Any tips?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I don't understand what you mean....The shows aren't the same. They're from the same run, but no shows are duplicated. For example, 3/30/90 was on Spring box #1. Spring Box #2 has 3/28/90 and 3/29/90. Also, Spring 1990 (#1) had Copps at 3/22/90. This one has 3/21/90. Spring box #1 was basically the closing night of each run/city. This is the other nights... Spring 1990 was a different mix, different masters. This is the 24 track of the other nights.... not the same nights. Why do you say it's a re-release? Check again.

Member for

9 years 11 months

I decided to buy the Wake Up single show and then Dozin at the Knick CD rather than buy this new set. I have the 2CD set So Glad You Made It from the first box, and with the 2 above mentioned discs, I felt this would be a good collection from the period. The box with shipping is just more than I can dish out at the moment. Looks like a cool package with lots of good selections and coming from the 24 track source promises good sound. But I looked at some of the assessments and choose this route. Still looking for Daves 11 as I am a subscriber and plan to be in 2015 as well. Hope the vast majority are digging the news and are looking forward to all the new tunes soon to be with us.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

I was wondering how fast it would show up with the "scalpers". I checked Amazon just outta curiosity at around 3 this afternoon and saw nothing yet and was actually happily surprised.But yeah,you're right,it is disgusting.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Scalpers is an accurate description here for this guy.I sometimes take offense when people bash everyone who sells on ebay, b/c I feel I do it fairly and I've helped a lot of people out. But this is beyond indecent. Can I suggest we all "contact buyer" on this guy and tell him he's disgusting? :-) Like I said, I think this WILL eventually sell for $399. It will sell out, it will be worth it. But this is just.. I dunno. I can't even believe I'm seeing it.
user picture

Member for

10 years

Debated in my head for a few hours and just placed my order. I was at the 3-29-90 and all the hartford shows, knick too. Brianhahane....thanks for posting that some jerk is already price gouging this on e-bay. That made me jump on it now. ....also its not only one new show! Tomorrow i hope for dap11 announcement.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Ok, I gotta admit they got me with the "mixed from multi-track" promise. Here's hoping they gave JN the full mixing budget he deserves. (I'm still sore over the E72 box rush.) We shall see... I celebrated with a blast of PITB>China Doll>UJB>Terrapin from 3/30/90, which actually sounds pretty good for live-to-2-track. And a big thanks for the standalone release of 3/29/90. Not everyone has the disposable dinero for the whole box and accoutrements, and it would have been cruel to hold that hostage as box-only. Maybe not the best move business-wise, but a bone for the masses.
product sku