• 1,689 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    •144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
    •A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
    • Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
    •8 complete shows on 23 discs
          •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
          •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
          •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
          •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
          •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
    Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
    Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
    Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
    Original Art by Jessica Dessner
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • protondecay123
    Default Avatar
    To Fully reconstruct the show from 3/24/1990 at the Knick, you would need to buy " Without A Net " for the One More Saturday Night that closed the 1st Set, Postcards of the Hanging to get the Desolation Row that followed Loser in the 1st set, Dozin' at the Knick for Walking Blues in the 1st set and all of the 2nd set, and Spring 1990 (The Other One) to get the other songs from the 1st set. That show got hacked to pieces.
  • eyes43
    Does anyone have any definitive information on what exactly this is? Heres a link to the ebay item, it has sold, so if you click on this link and you are on a computer or phone, you will need to click on the item to see the original listing. Then you can see the photos, and the numbered coin, which instead of havings its own number, it says, "miracle"? Im thinking this might be what they decided to do with promo copies, instead of leaving it blank, or stamping it "promo" like the FW69 boxset. The Dave's Picks series, all have blank promo copies. (Would be very interesting to know how many promos they make for each of these limited edition items!!) Ok, heres the link:http://m.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dead-Spring-1990-The-Other-One-Box-Set-M… If you have the ebay app, you can also just enter this number in the search box, and it will bring you to the same item. Again, it has already sold, so you will need to click on it, to open the original listing. That item number is: 162549487635 Id really like to know what the miracle means on the numbered coins...it makes sense that it would be a promo, that they sent out to reviewers and whomever else is lucky enough to get all this stuff, we all do everything we can to afford, for free! And instead of stamping promo, or leaving blank, they stamped miracle, as in here is your miracle (free) 1990 spring TOO boxset!!! Must be nice!!! Still, though, would like to know for sure! Thanks.
  • company
    Default Avatar
    I'd check for you but I didn't order this box. Hopefully someone who did will be kind enough to take 5 mins to get you some confirmation so you don't think you're going nuts! beet juice
  • antonjo
    purplekush, I know this is a year after your post, but just for the record, gotta call b/s on your song-length observations: "7 minute Halfstep" ~ yeah, that's short, but so is 12/19/73 (7:29) "8 minute playin's" ~ 8:56 (7/1/78), meanwhile 10:27 (3/14/90), 11:40 (4/3/90) "17 minutes for a Help On The Way>Slipknot>Franklins Tower TOTAL" ~ 14:50 (8/13/75) "8 or 9 minute China-Cat>Rider has no time to even find a groove" ~ 13:17 (3/15/90), 11:09 (3/26/90), 10:24 (4/01/90), 11:05 (9/19/90) No 8 or 9-minute versions I could find on any of my '90 releases. "a 19 minute Scarlet-fire it's over before it starts" ~ really? I guess these are, too? : 19:33 (10/16/77), 18:01 (11/2/77), 18:16 (5/11/78), 19:55 (7/3/78), 18:28 (7/7/78) 3/16/90's Scarlet > Estimated is 22:25. Incidentally, 11/4/77's Other One = 4:25, and 7/5/78's Truckin' = 7:29. They're both pretty hot, though. Morals of the story ~ some older years boast just as short or shorter lengths as '90; not all '90 lengths are as short as you claimed; and most importantly, song lengths alone do not tell the tale on performance heat. I do share your wish for one of the Fall '73 shows with horns!
  • simonrob
    The problem with posting when a release finally sells out is that it inevitably becomes available again a day or two later. Won't make that mistake again. Stranger than fiction.
  • Fogle
    Pulled the trigger just in time this afternoon... Mickey's damn Beam told me, turns out it was the right call. Feels all the more special that it came so close. I'll be returning home to this precious package after nearly 4 months across the pond in a week plus. Perhaps my first post on deadland? I've been reading each and every release comment that you crazies have drummed up for years now. Maybe I'll be back! Nice place to be. Dave, dead.net, all involved in this community, thanks a ton!
  • simonrob
    Finally gone. That will make the folks at Rhino happy. Took a long time for one reason or another. Too soon after the first one? Simultaneous downloads available? 9000 was too many?
  • chr1skol1
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! On yesterday I have got my Spring Box (The Other One). Thanks a lot guys that you have bring to us this exciting and beautiful box!
  • fahrenheit451
    Default Avatar
    Been waiting for what seems like forever for this thing to sell out.
  • DaveandDeeds
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I too was frustrated with iTunes metadata, however I believe this is from lazy and inaccurate individuals who load their poorly labeled discs to Gracenote or whatever, and then the options are usually wrong for the rest of us. This all started for me when I decided to import the E72 box. Nightmare!! My advice is, pick the option that "looks" the most accurate, but DO NOT import it as such. Instead, choose NOT to import, fix the mistakes first, then import away. Sorry for a three moth old reply, but we are all in this together. (~}:-
user picture

Member for

17 years
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
•144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
•A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
• Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
•8 complete shows on 23 discs
      •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
      •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
      •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
      •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
      •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
Original Art by Jessica Dessner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

I mentioned a week or so ago how my wife, in what I called an anniversary present, put her new favorite song (I Need a Miracle) on our 4th of July boating on the lake playlist. Last night the wife was inquiring about the Meet Up At the Movies... she asked what she was getting herself in for.. that she would go with me, but may bring her kindle to read while I watch the movie. So I went to You Tube, and put on One More Saturday Night, from the Bremen show. I said "Here, this is one song of the 80 minutes we'll go see". Then I took the kids to bathtime. I figured I'd hear her turn the video off within a minute as she got the gist of it... It played the whole time, then I said "well?" as I walked back in the den... and she said "Um, yeah that was really good!!!". we might be leaving the kindle at home. Things are looking up even further!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

love that story. Thanks!
user picture

Member for

12 years 7 months

Great story...its amazing how spreading kindness can lead to great things!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

I know this has been asked before, but any rumors about ever releasing the 69 box set to downloads?
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Well, I decided to splurge and pick up this set. What did it for me was the 24-track mixes. It is going to sound amazing. I didn't get the last spring set, but I couldn't let this one go. I think it'll be pretty good. On a side note, I think the 16-track mixes from the Europe '72 shows sound great.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 8 months

I just took the plunge and placed my order. This was definitely a great tour and I am sure I will greatly enjoy the music, but I gotta say the price is a bit steep. If I remember right the Europe 72 box set was about 2 times the price, but 3 times the number of shows. Anyway since demand influences price I realize I am part of the problem/equation since I did indeed place an order. I have no objection to covering costs and making a healthy profit, but $270 (including shipping and taxes) is a lot to shell out at one time/for one order. All that said I am looking forward to Sept.!
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

I do hope you get your miracle box! or maybe you will be lucky and you can save enough before the boxes are all gone… seeing different thoughts on how long Spring 90 may stay in stock?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

After much hesitation, I decided to continue my support of all GD products. The shows are good, and its nice to have the entire tour.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

I'm Still on the fence. Dave's video was very enticing. Still would like more info on the art for digipacks, maybe a small trailer of the products. I know downloads are coming, for a cheaper price. Any info from the informed ??
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

I just cannot justify spending that much. I am in the group of folks that like the smaller $100 boxes, such as the Winterland boxes. There is just no way I can justify this purchase to my wife. Family obligations prevent such big expenditures. That said, I understand many will enjoy this box set and I am exceptionally pleased that they are releasing the 3/29 show as a stand-alone unlimited edition (at least it seems unlimited). That I have already ordered. For me, I passed on the first Spring 1990 box and now this one. Oh well, the tour is represented with Dozin', Terrapin Limited and now 3/29. And those in my collection don't get much listen-- I prefer 1989 sound to 1990, so I go for those if in a later era mood. I am pretty sure, however, that 3/29 will be a regular. After the download option becomes available, I may look into that depending upon the price. My big issue with it-- timing. Now how long will we wait for the Dave's 11 announcement? Written with a smile.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 9 months

I don't work in marketing,granted,but wouldn't it have made more sense to make this announcement after Dave's Picks 11? It just seems like bad timing for this set-forcing the less fortunate among us to choose between things like a summer vacation rental or the pricey box set.When are they going to stop hosing us and just make the MUSIC available at a REASONABLE price,in, say plain old cardboard paper sleeves? I can't justify paying so much for something I'll probably listen to once(except for the Nassau show,which is available separately anyway.)
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Sorry that this is a little off topic. I had some money set aside for a possible box set but not $250 so I'm looking to pick up two of the Europe '72 shows (along with the new JGB release and 3-29-90). Just looking for some thoughts on what shows are particularly special and would very much like to hear from those of you who were "reliving" the tour this spring and also from Ken Goodman if you're out there. I already have 4-8-72 and Rockin' the Rein and Hundred Years Hall. The obvious choices seem to be 5-11 and 5-26 but was also thinking maybe 5-3. Any opinions will be appreciated.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 4 months

5/3/72 is a fine choice, however, the 5/4/72 Dark Star is epic
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

Rumor has it Jack Bauer was brought in to TRI to help out Jeffrey Norman with the 24. Damn it Chole ! ~~~~~~~~~ Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

The cost here did give me pause, although my order's in. Will have to pinch a bit to collect the bux for the CC monsters, for sure. I agree with whoever said it first that less-expensive boxes with less ephemera would be more appealing. I do like nice artwork for the covers, like those coming out on this round of DaPs, but I usually don't look at the replica tickets/passes and other little bits even once. If cutting those knickknacks from future releases can save me a few dollars, I'd be happy. As for the art, I'm puzzling over the moving image on the dead.net homepage. The skeleton rides on, with venue/date info scrolling behind. I look at Hartford and see a CN state flag, I think, and then see the Cap Center, with--wait, what's that flag? It certainly isn't Maryland or (to stretch the venue location only a little bit) DC. Curious to see if this is carried over into box decor. We obviously have the carousel horse on the front of the box, and the roses/hand for the Branford show. I'm guessing at least one digipack will have a tiger. The rest? hightimer, I also was wondering about release dates. If memory serves (it sometimes does), the box announcements used to come in early August, during the days between. That's (for both marketers and Heads, I think) a good slot in the 4-per year archival schedule of DaPs--it fills that gap after we get the August release and before the final one rolls out. Last year, I think, May 77 was announced in May, which made sense even though it departed from past practice. But a midJuly announcement for a September release of a Spring tour? I'm puzzled.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

4/14/72...One of my favorite Dark Star's and first sets from the tour. Belongs in the discussion of top 5 shows of the tour.
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

And, I forgot: With regard to the E72 box shows, I'll second the recommendations for 4 May 1972. The Dark Star disc gets more play by me than any other from the tour. And Bickershaw should be mentioned, too. Of course, maybe some people don't like to have their brains melted in just exactly this way, so my advice is to listen before you buy, if you can manage it.
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In my opinion, 5/26 is a must. If cash is that tight, you might want to go with just one show knowing that next year will likely produce many releases we all want.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

5/11/72 and 5/3/72 are both must-haves. I think most of the great stuff from 5/26/72 is already on Europe 72 and you probably know it by heart like I do. 5/3/72 has such a great Other One where Jerry sits back and lets Bobby and Keith take it where they want to go, especially the first jam. An under-rated show is 4/16/72, where every song, every note is just perfect. I find myself going to that show more than any other.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'm not seeing any missing posts; PM me if you're still having the issue....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 6 months

rdevil: 5/10/72 is an unsung MONSTER. Amsterdam... brilliantly played, and one of the longest gigs of the tour.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

HAPPY! Also if it has not happened yet would some well heeled (healed) Dead Head please buy Spacebro this box set. Hello Patagonia.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 2 months

3-29-90 show is available for pre-order individually!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

OK, I won't pan late era Grateful Dead, I'm just an old fart that fell in love with this band when Pigpen and TC were on board. The 70's Dead had their highlights and so did the early 80's. The gems later on are rare. This Spring 1990 tour seems to be one of those gems, but I'm going to hold off and get the digital downloads when they are available. Save a few bucks and get the music but I don't need any cutesy fake tickets, mini posters, or more essays about everything you ever wanted to know about your favorite band. I just want to listen to the music. I'll listen in my car, at home, at work, at the store, and everywhere else I listen to music and I only need the digital files to do that. So "Thank You" Rhino, Dave, Billy, Mickey, Phil, Bob, Jerry, Vince, Brent, Keith, Donna, Tom, Ron and anyone else that has made the Grateful Dead my favorite band.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

HELL YESmy favorite E72 show, without question all time best GSET super spacy PITB then you get this: Truckin' Drums The Other One Bobby McGee The Other One Wharf Rat then a NFA/GDTRFB/NFA sandwich for the ages, with pigpen rapping at the end
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

First of all, as many others have stated, thank you Dave/Rhino/any anyone else involved in the decision to release 3/29 separately. Many, many of us are very appreciative. How ironic. The very person who desperately clamored for this release, cannot even afford to purchase it. Believe me, I struggled long and hard with whether or not to purchase this release for space (a fellow head I am told), despite all the vitriol direct at myself and other "early Dead" fans. A box set that I will not even purchase myself. I have a few suggestions: 1) Let the "Foxy economic savant" make the purchase for his fellow 90s buddy, as strider 88 suggests. 2) Contact Dan Gilbert to see if he is willing to help out. Dan, space, pfox and a few others on this board, all seem respond in the same manner when they don't get their way. 3) Kickstarter.com. Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Clearly the Grateful Dead in the spring of 1990 were creative. 4) I am willing to fund a portion of the box set purchase. However, I refuse to spend more than I did myself, the 3/29 show alone. All you need is ten other folks to do the same and you have your precious box set. Mr. Jack Straw, dantian, and others, you should all help out. Space, contact whoever you need in order to figure out how to get this done. Good luck and please keep us posted. I sincerely hope you obtain this release. AJS

Member for

9 years 10 months

I've read these boards since joining not long ago. I might be wrong, but am I correct that you and Spacebrother have had some different thoughts on music? And yet, you offer to assist Space in his quest to get a copy of this box.I am moved by that coolness and would like to offer a Jackson ($20) toward this worthy and very noble expression of what this place is about! Please PM me with the address to send the note to. I have no idea who Spacebrother is, and frankly it doesn't matter at all. Whoever will spearhead the purchase, I'm onboard. This is a good collection of people here, may you ALL have a grate weekend! Loo
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

One more time :Amen! I'm on the fence right now but have part one.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 10 months

It looks like the Cap Centre is flying a Missouri flag in the Carousel? Missouri isn't Maryland, but at least it starts with "M". Almost exactly right.
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

i'm shocked with what i've just read...that was SUPER COOL of you AJS... forreals... cheers to you... ...count IN Ace to help out a BROTHER from SPACE!!! again, very cool offer... ♤
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Well, if he's willing to post that 70s GD doesn't really smell like stinky shoes and that he can actually stay awake while listening to bicentennial Dead, I'll think about contributing.

Member for

16 years 9 months

I really wish that it was clarified whether the digital downloads will be "available" for individual purchase, or--like the May '77 box--only as a whole. I've been waiting for "The Other" box since the first one (and all its hints of a sequel)....but like others, am not in an effortless financial position at this moment. I bought the Europe '72 box--which I adore but wouldn't have shelled out for--thinking that was my only opportunity for that music. If the digital downloads will only be a buy-all bundle, I'd much prefer the book & box. If individuals were offered, I'd still much prefer the book & box but would surely bite my wallet and start with merely the Landover, Copps, & Brandford shows. Then perhaps others later (3/18, 3/25 & 4/03 all look awesome). I'm one who LOVES the live 2-track mixes on Spring '90 and wouldn't trade them; they sound exactly like the shows did, sparkling with live energy. But having the other side of the coin for Volume 2 is the best of both. So we'll see. I could see this thing taking awhile to sell out...but I could also see it sold out by Monday morning. My magic eight-ball is cloudy.... No way it'll last as long as May '77, though. What will I decide? And why should anyone else care as I think out loud...? But thanks for indulging me. And thanks, David, for this release. Guaranteed awesome....desire not lacking here. As for skipping Brent songs ~ I'll assume that's 'cause the two Great Blow Aways (Landover & Knick) are already released, and that you're not counting Hey Pocky Way as a Brent song.......
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 4 months

For those on the fence, check out moments like 3/28/90 2nd set Cumberland into The Weight (first time played) We, "the crowd" go nuts !Listening to a nice matrix of that set now. Brent's vocals and B3 playing are cookin' in the following Hey Pocky Way.Jerry's playing is strong as well. These shows are every bit as interesting as those selected for Vol.1 and unlike the 2 track mixes, you will hear everything and everyone. Including Us.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

Same here, I'll be ordering the Branford show a la carte, as '90 otherwise is not really my thing (big surprise, right?) It's great that they're releasing that as a stand alone so that those who don't want the complete box aren't left out. I would be willing to donate $20 to the Spacebrother cause. It would really be a shame if he couldn't get this box, after all he's been through, and put us through for that matter ;) I did congratulate him in an earlier post on the news of his dream release, and gave him some positive words of encouragement, but he didn't respond. Whatever, I'm not holding a grudge, and would be happy to help a brother out. Someone's just got to let me know how and where (I'm thinking Paypal would be easiest), but I'm not organizing this thing.
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

i'm not even sure if i'm going to buy this box set. sure i have the money to get it, but at some point you have to ask yourself if its really worth it, so the notion that i'd just send someone who i don't even know a $275 gift is a bit ludicrous.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Really check your pm. From what I read you're ready to order the thingy...
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Despite my earlier post I have been wavering a bit and wondering if I should. But in the end the deciding factor in not going for this one is that next year is anniversary year and there are bound to be some spectacular (and spectacularly expensive) releases then.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

With all taxes and shipping costs to Germany I have to pay 380 bugs. I’m definitely pissed off.
user picture

Member for

11 years 9 months

Just pre-ordered the stand-alone 3/29/90 show. This one contains my very favorite piece of Grateful Dead music EVER in that "Eyes of the World." I've had a soundboard of that show for awhile, but it'll be nice to hear an official 24-track release. Couldn't swing the money for the whole box, but I'm thrilled David and the powers that be decided to release this one on its own. THANKS x 1,000,000!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

The generosity here is amazing and a blessing. This truly great gesture has really opened my eyes. I haven't seen this level of kindness in quite a while and I wish I had a more eloquent way to express my gratitude and appreciation, and especially to those here who I haven't always seen eye to eye with who have stepped up and still show so much generosity. I really am at a loss for words. Thank you!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

I'll also be happy to donate to the Spacebrother cause if someone sets it up. This is a pricy tour. Between the two 90s boxes, you have 14 shows over 41 discs at a combined price of $440.00 plus tax and shipping. Compare that to the 22 shows on 73 discs that comprised the Europe '72 box. That one cost $450.00 and, if I remember correctly, the shipping was free.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

It is nice to see some good old fashioned generosity on this site and some helping hands. I don't think I will buy the whole physical box. Will definitely pick up 3/29 when it hits my local record store. I've heard additional calls like mine on day one to let the folks know what the download options are going to be. Not sure why this is so difficult for TPTB but my original hunch stands. They want to sell all the physical sets. And they will. It was the cool thing to do to complete the tour with a second box and I give all involved their due props. This tour was shortly before I started listening to the band, about two to three months before. It was a great time to become a fan and it was before 1991, which I believe IMHO to be the last peak year of the Band. To quote the site "For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor." This box set is also the second largest and expensive box to date if I'm correct. I hope this is it for boxes of this size for awhile. However, with the 50th coming next year I'm going to start saving now because I'm sure they are going to release more stuff than normal. I'd expect the cost of DaP to increase as well next year. Peace.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

on one conditionwhen the next Keith/Donna release comes out, no bitching deal? If so then sign me up
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

So it's a matter of days then...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 6 months

I don't know. Just makin' mischief. Isn't this FUN!!!

Member for

9 years 10 months

Would it just be the easiest thing to do , to get the $ directly to the Bro? My suggestion would be this. If you wanna contribute then PM Spacebrother and find out how to get the funds to him. If somebody else has a better or easier way please post it. As of now.......SPACEBROTHER PM ME WITH A SNAILMAIL ADDRESS AS MY CONTRIBUTION WILL BE ON ITS WAY ONCE YOU DO! For the rest of ya'll enjoy your weekend and smile, smile, smile........
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

Jack Staw--Angry and Mr. Very moving sentiments, especially considering the pounding you have taken. At first, I thought it must be a joke. The guy who screamed the loudest about this type of release, who blasted me for not supporting the band by buying everying when I expressed a preference for 60s and 70s, could not possibly be saying he was not buying it. I told Spacebrother I loved the early '80s, had seen many shows from '88-'95, had bought a few later day releases, and didn't get the first '90s set but I did buy it for a Dead Head dear friend who was up against it but so cherished that tour that I could not see him go without because times got rough. I was called a jerk and banished by the brother from another space. Like many of you philosophers I am moved by gratitude and can forget hostilities. If somehow has a Paypal fund set up let me know I will donate. I cannot imagine the sorrow if I had not been able to get Europe '72 or May '77 or all these subscriptions. Here's to better vibes.
product sku