• 1,097 replies
    Anonymous (not verified)
    Default Avatar
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { jq171("h2.product_title").each(function(){ var title = jq171(this); var new_title = title.text().replace(' - SOLD OUT', ''); title.text(new_title); }); var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    • 60 page hardcover Smyth-Sewn book featuring essays by Dennis McNally, David Lemieux, and Blair Jackson and photos by Jim Anderson & Mike Laurentis
    • 25th Anniversary Tour Program
    • Official Band Letters
    • 6 Ticket Stubs
    • 6 Cloth Sticker Backstage Passes
    • 1 Tour Laminate
    • Official 1990 Band publicity shot
    • 6 complete shows on 18 discs
          • 3/16/90 Capital Center, Landover, MD
          • 3/19/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          • 3/22/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON, Canada
          • 3/26/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          • 3/30/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          • 4/2/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA

Box Dimensions: 12-1/8" x 3-1/8" x 12-1/8"
    Recorded and Mixed Live by John Cutler
    Mastered by Jeffrey Norman in HDCD
    Original art by Wes Lang
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Introducing The Next Box: Spring 1990!

And now for something a little different. This year's box set - Grateful Dead: Spring 1990 - offers six complete shows from the epic spring '90 tour, one concert from each city the band played, personally selected by Dead vaultmeister and archival release producer David Lemieux. The sizzling six are: 3/16/90 Capital Centre (Landover , MD), 3/19/90 Hartford Civic Center, 3/22/90 Copps Coliseum (Hamilton, Ontario), 3/26/90 Knickerbocker Arena (Albany, NY), 3/30/90 Nassau Coliseum (Uniondale, NY) and 4/2/90 The Omni (Atlanta, GA).

In his "Producer's Note" in the beautiful book that is part of the box, Lemieux, who attended the first 10 shows on the tour, states, "To my ears this was the last tour that was consistently great, where every show is excellent, not a dud in the bunch." And Grateful Dead historian Dennis McNally's comprehensive and informative insider's essay in the box is titled "The Last Great Dead Tour." These guys know what they're talking about.

Basically, the band had been on an upward trajectory since Garcia's return to the road in the spring of '87, following his near-death the previous summer. Of course, 1987 was a trip in itself, what with the unexpected mega-success of In the Dark and their first hit single, "Touch of Grey." But the momentum just kept building with each subsequent tour, as Garcia got back up to full speed (and then some!) and the group as a whole was as unified as they had ever been since Brent joined the band in the spring of '79. New original tunes were popping up and the old favorites were imbued with a freshness and spirit that was so uplifting and inspiring. The band was having fun again, and it was downright infectious.

The group's fall 1989 shows-as documented two years ago on the Formerly the Warlocks box (two shows from Hampton, VA, 10/8-9/89) and on the 2001 release Nightfall of Diamonds (a single night in NJ, 10/16/89)- kicked the energy level up another couple of notches, as the band reintroduced such loved classics as "Help on the Way" > "Slipknot!," "Attics of My Life," "Death Don't Have No Mercy" and "Dark Star."

And when the band hit the road in mid-March 1990, they had a bunch of other cool tunes to lay on their unsuspecting crowds, including the return of "Loose Lucy" (last played in 1974; it's not on this box), Brent's "Easy to Love You" (missing since 1980), a rollicking cover of the Rolling Stones' "The Last Time," The Band's "The Weight" (with all four singers taking a verse each) and a lyrically retooled "Black-Throated Wind" (absent since 1974), which elicited huge cheers every time it was played.

Over these six shows, most of the cornerstones of the Dead's repertoire from the era appear-splendid versions of "Scarlet Begonias" > "Fire on the Mountain," "China Cat Sunflower" > "I Know You Rider," "Playing in the Band," "Uncle John's Band," "Eyes of the World," "Estimated Prophet," "Truckin'," "Sugar Magnolia," "The Other One," "Terrapin," "Stella Blue," "Feel Like a Stranger," "Bird Song," "Let It Grow," "China Doll," "Box of Rain," "Morning Dew"; you name it. From the fall '89 breakouts come "Help-Slip-Frank," "Attics of My Life" and "Death Don't Have No Mercy." Among the still newish tunes are "Picasso Moon," "Blow Away," "Foolish Heart," "Just a Little Light," "Victim or the Crime," "Standing on the Moon," "We Can Run" and a couple that would get their final plays from the Grateful Dead on this tour-"Built to Last" and "Believe It or Not." There are stirring renditions of "Dear Mr. Fantasy" and "Black Muddy River," rockin' takes on "Gimme Some Lovin'" and "Iko Iko" and the only version of the full "Hey Jude" the band attempted in the modern era. And the "Rhythm Devils" and "Space" jams at the heart of each second set are as noisy-beautiful-scary-funny-intense-mysterious-wild as you'd expect/hope for.

Of course, we understand that some of you may have other favorite shows from this tour you wish were included on this box. Really, you can't go wrong with any of them. But at 18 discs, this is still the second largest Grateful Dead box (after Europe '72: The Complete Recordings) that's been released, and the non-inclusion of any other shows from the tour definitely does not preclude their future release! But this seemed like a more manageable way to go, while still giving a sense of the tour's amazing depth and breadth.

Besides the discs themselves, Grateful Dead: Spring 1990 has much to offer, including: a gorgeous 60-page hardcover book containing copious color photos by Jim Anderson and Michael Laurentus, unique artwork by Brooklyn-based fine artist Wes Lang, fascinating business letters and communications related to the tour, a detailed historical essay by Dennis McNally, a Producer's Note by David Lemieux and individual show descriptions by Blair Jackson; a reproduction of the Dead's 1990 tour program (printed and sold later in '90, for the fall and Europe '90 tours); tickets and backstage passes of all six shows; a band publicity photo from 1990 by Ken Friedman; Dennis McNally's tour laminate; and reproductions of the colored 8x10 sheets GDTS sent out with hotel, food and other information for each city on the tour.

With recordings made by longtime Grateful Dead recordist and producer John Cutler, mastered by Jeffrey Norman in HDCD, you just know it's gonna sound great-and it does!

So, that's the skinny this time 'round. This box is limited to just 9,000 numbered copies - please note, this is the only time these shows will ever be officially available on CD. There will not be an All Music Edition and single shows will not be available physically. Due to ship out August 31st, we anticipate that this extraordinary set will sell-out, so order your copy today!

If you're looking for more of a bite-sized taste of the '90s, Spring 1990: So Glad You Made It, a 2-CD set featuring a handful of favorites, will be in stores on September 18th.

-Blair Jackson

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • frasesdemusica
    Default Avatar
    Touch Of Grey is one of my favourites ever. Best music I've ever listened to.
  • DanielN
    Default Avatar
    You write that "ebay doesn't have gougers which implies raising prices during an emergency as in 10 bucks for a bottle of water in a hurricane. Having the box sets hardly falls in the same category." Gouging doesn't require someone to be capitalizing on life essentials in a shortage/crisis as your bottle of water example suggests. It simply requires the elevation of prices to outlandish extents in a shortage of commodities as in the overly high prices of GD box sets (this first volume of spring 1990 and even Winterland 77 in particular) in the aftermarket. I remember "price gouging" applied to those selling the Atari 2600 for crazy prices after they sold out at retailers one Christmas back in 1980 or so. That thing was no bottle of water and there weren't any hurricanes that winter.
  • snafu
    Default Avatar
    1st they aren't going for 1500 people are asking for that and getting 6-750. 2nd ebay doesn't have gougers which implies raising prices during an emergency as in 10 bucks for a bottle of water in a hurricane. Having the box sets hardly falls in the same category. Especially when just about any deadhead can ask a friend to be kind and burn a copy. No it isn't stealing unless it's stealing from your aforementioned ebay gougers since the dead or rhino will not be making any more money from it. Final point so far the dead and rhino have kept their word not gone back on it by issuing more.I don't know about you but I find that honesty in business refreshing
  • DanielN
    Default Avatar
    So now that these are selling for up to $1500 on eBay, I can't help but wonder about the after-market economy that's been inadvertently established by these very limited run box sets. Wouldn't whoever owns "dead.net" at this point be better served by printing more of these sets outright or at least re-issuing them after a few years than letting eBay gougers make many times more than the original price on re-selling these? In the end, people want to hear the music and most of us can't pay a month's mortgage payment on a set of CDs off eBay!!
  • Anonymous (not verified)
    Default Avatar
    Hey Mayre can you check on this? It says temp hold, but I emailed customer service and they said sold out? Website needs to be updated . Ecommerce website :E-commerce Firesale review
  • sala1
    Default Avatar
    it is niceMaticPress
  • sala1
    Default Avatar
    i like it Avartar Genie Pro Review
  • VI66
    If anyone wants an original matching poster, I have one I must unload. I had it custom framed. Any reasonable offers considered. Pictures by request.
  • louatchick
    Default Avatar
    Anyone out there looking to sell a new or used copy of Spring 1990, Volume 1 box set. Found a few on EBay for $$$$$$, willing to buy for a reasonable price. Will buy used as long as all extras are included. Please message me direct Happy Holidays!
  • Ziffle
    Default Avatar
    Go for it, Direwolf93 - re Downloads Road Trips etc.
    No problem whatsoever with the Spring 90, TOO downloads or anything else other than one of the Road Trips. The two Road Trips tracks that were corrupted were replaced by Dr. Rhino with perfect copies (took a week or so), just a polite note to customer service, taken care of a few days afterwards. I wouldn't hesitate, the downloads are all great, and customer service here is fine, just give them some time and space to address the issue. Edit - I just noticed your remark about a problem with files RT 3.3 - did you give the particulars to customer service? After a few days Dr. Rhino sent me a time limited download link to get replacement files.
user picture
Default Avatar
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { jq171("h2.product_title").each(function(){ var title = jq171(this); var new_title = title.text().replace(' - SOLD OUT', ''); title.text(new_title); }); var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
• 60 page hardcover Smyth-Sewn book featuring essays by Dennis McNally, David Lemieux, and Blair Jackson and photos by Jim Anderson & Mike Laurentis
• 25th Anniversary Tour Program
• Official Band Letters
• 6 Ticket Stubs
• 6 Cloth Sticker Backstage Passes
• 1 Tour Laminate
• Official 1990 Band publicity shot
• 6 complete shows on 18 discs
      • 3/16/90 Capital Center, Landover, MD
      • 3/19/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      • 3/22/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON, Canada
      • 3/26/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      • 3/30/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      • 4/2/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA

Box Dimensions: 12-1/8" x 3-1/8" x 12-1/8"
Recorded and Mixed Live by John Cutler
Mastered by Jeffrey Norman in HDCD
Original art by Wes Lang
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Introducing The Next Box: Spring 1990!

And now for something a little different. This year's box set - Grateful Dead: Spring 1990 - offers six complete shows from the epic spring '90 tour, one concert from each city the band played, personally selected by Dead vaultmeister and archival release producer David Lemieux. The sizzling six are: 3/16/90 Capital Centre (Landover , MD), 3/19/90 Hartford Civic Center, 3/22/90 Copps Coliseum (Hamilton, Ontario), 3/26/90 Knickerbocker Arena (Albany, NY), 3/30/90 Nassau Coliseum (Uniondale, NY) and 4/2/90 The Omni (Atlanta, GA).

In his "Producer's Note" in the beautiful book that is part of the box, Lemieux, who attended the first 10 shows on the tour, states, "To my ears this was the last tour that was consistently great, where every show is excellent, not a dud in the bunch." And Grateful Dead historian Dennis McNally's comprehensive and informative insider's essay in the box is titled "The Last Great Dead Tour." These guys know what they're talking about.

Basically, the band had been on an upward trajectory since Garcia's return to the road in the spring of '87, following his near-death the previous summer. Of course, 1987 was a trip in itself, what with the unexpected mega-success of In the Dark and their first hit single, "Touch of Grey." But the momentum just kept building with each subsequent tour, as Garcia got back up to full speed (and then some!) and the group as a whole was as unified as they had ever been since Brent joined the band in the spring of '79. New original tunes were popping up and the old favorites were imbued with a freshness and spirit that was so uplifting and inspiring. The band was having fun again, and it was downright infectious.

The group's fall 1989 shows-as documented two years ago on the Formerly the Warlocks box (two shows from Hampton, VA, 10/8-9/89) and on the 2001 release Nightfall of Diamonds (a single night in NJ, 10/16/89)- kicked the energy level up another couple of notches, as the band reintroduced such loved classics as "Help on the Way" > "Slipknot!," "Attics of My Life," "Death Don't Have No Mercy" and "Dark Star."

And when the band hit the road in mid-March 1990, they had a bunch of other cool tunes to lay on their unsuspecting crowds, including the return of "Loose Lucy" (last played in 1974; it's not on this box), Brent's "Easy to Love You" (missing since 1980), a rollicking cover of the Rolling Stones' "The Last Time," The Band's "The Weight" (with all four singers taking a verse each) and a lyrically retooled "Black-Throated Wind" (absent since 1974), which elicited huge cheers every time it was played.

Over these six shows, most of the cornerstones of the Dead's repertoire from the era appear-splendid versions of "Scarlet Begonias" > "Fire on the Mountain," "China Cat Sunflower" > "I Know You Rider," "Playing in the Band," "Uncle John's Band," "Eyes of the World," "Estimated Prophet," "Truckin'," "Sugar Magnolia," "The Other One," "Terrapin," "Stella Blue," "Feel Like a Stranger," "Bird Song," "Let It Grow," "China Doll," "Box of Rain," "Morning Dew"; you name it. From the fall '89 breakouts come "Help-Slip-Frank," "Attics of My Life" and "Death Don't Have No Mercy." Among the still newish tunes are "Picasso Moon," "Blow Away," "Foolish Heart," "Just a Little Light," "Victim or the Crime," "Standing on the Moon," "We Can Run" and a couple that would get their final plays from the Grateful Dead on this tour-"Built to Last" and "Believe It or Not." There are stirring renditions of "Dear Mr. Fantasy" and "Black Muddy River," rockin' takes on "Gimme Some Lovin'" and "Iko Iko" and the only version of the full "Hey Jude" the band attempted in the modern era. And the "Rhythm Devils" and "Space" jams at the heart of each second set are as noisy-beautiful-scary-funny-intense-mysterious-wild as you'd expect/hope for.

Of course, we understand that some of you may have other favorite shows from this tour you wish were included on this box. Really, you can't go wrong with any of them. But at 18 discs, this is still the second largest Grateful Dead box (after Europe '72: The Complete Recordings) that's been released, and the non-inclusion of any other shows from the tour definitely does not preclude their future release! But this seemed like a more manageable way to go, while still giving a sense of the tour's amazing depth and breadth.

Besides the discs themselves, Grateful Dead: Spring 1990 has much to offer, including: a gorgeous 60-page hardcover book containing copious color photos by Jim Anderson and Michael Laurentus, unique artwork by Brooklyn-based fine artist Wes Lang, fascinating business letters and communications related to the tour, a detailed historical essay by Dennis McNally, a Producer's Note by David Lemieux and individual show descriptions by Blair Jackson; a reproduction of the Dead's 1990 tour program (printed and sold later in '90, for the fall and Europe '90 tours); tickets and backstage passes of all six shows; a band publicity photo from 1990 by Ken Friedman; Dennis McNally's tour laminate; and reproductions of the colored 8x10 sheets GDTS sent out with hotel, food and other information for each city on the tour.

With recordings made by longtime Grateful Dead recordist and producer John Cutler, mastered by Jeffrey Norman in HDCD, you just know it's gonna sound great-and it does!

So, that's the skinny this time 'round. This box is limited to just 9,000 numbered copies - please note, this is the only time these shows will ever be officially available on CD. There will not be an All Music Edition and single shows will not be available physically. Due to ship out August 31st, we anticipate that this extraordinary set will sell-out, so order your copy today!

If you're looking for more of a bite-sized taste of the '90s, Spring 1990: So Glad You Made It, a 2-CD set featuring a handful of favorites, will be in stores on September 18th.

-Blair Jackson

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 9 months

Just got the email, at 8:54 pm Spring 1990 has left Knoxville TN and is headed to north GA!! I've waited along time to for spring 1990 material to he released! It's on now....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

Hi, just rec'd my shipping notice email (2 day UPS international) for Spring 90 box set - Well, it appears my Box Set will arrive before my subscription Dave's Vol 3. But that's okay, All In Good Time. Although, i did try my tracking number on the following carrier link provided, but that did not work - so as of right now, i can't see my details on where it is. But at least it's on the way - hopefully by Friday, but probably Monday thanks
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

arrived in the Netherlands, August 23, 4.00 AM. I have not received DaP 3 yet, that shipped August 1, so no clue about expected time of arrival of the box. Looking forward to it though!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I just received a shipping notice over here in the UK for Spring 1990, however I'm still waiting for news on my DaP3 which was sent July 30 !Waiting for Customer Service to get back on it. I suppose there will be the usual huge customs bill to pay when they arrive.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

It's nice they shipped early. I'll get to listen to all before I go on the aforementioned vacation. I am not as driven audio ways as some but I do know good sound and this fits the bill. I listened to the 16th very nice. It's good to be reminded of just how good this period was. As for the box set overall I'm falling on the smaller is better side of the discussion. Don't get me wrong ,Rhino puts out quality products and not just the Dead. But I really question how many of the 9000 buyers will put it away and put the shows with their other cds. It is beautiful and even the shipping box is a keeper. Anyway I'm still waiting for the entire Greek shows to be released. Enjoy
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I got a notification too but when I check the UPS Tracking number provided, I receive information about 2 items shipped to Barrie, Ontario Canada weighing 2668.0 pounds! Yes I have doubel checked Please let it be a simple error and not the start of another mess up. Flashbacks to weeks of trying to recover my E72 box after it was misdirected all over the USA ( I live in France) Have sent them a message .......here's hoping
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

UPS ground, though my tracking number isn't showing up in UPS tracking...which means that it really hasn't shipped? Hmmm...
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

not sure what to think. I did overnight shipping and still haven't received notice on anything here's hoping tho...
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Now and forever, be advised: Shipping info from the Dead.net call center IS NEVER TRUE! It is made-up, scripted, boilerplate. They NEVER have accurate info there about your order, or anybody else's order. They will tell you what it says on a generic script, not what's REALLY up with YOUR specific order. Why? Because they don't know! They only have access to the same web system we do! (If you phone in your order, they put it in through the same interface the public uses!) It has ALWAYS been that way. Always. The shipping info emails that you sometimes, but not always, receive are also almost never true! -Items frequently ship with no notification whatsoever. -Items arrive, and then the next day a shipping notice is sent. -Shipping notices are sent with tracking numbers for old, prior orders. This is the way it has always been. And it ever shall this way be. This just ain't a real sophisticated operation. That said, they are good people and they do always come through in the end, in my experience. I received a shipping notice on this item last night. THIS TIME it actually has a USPS code in it -- and that code works and it says my item is on it's way to me -- in KY on it's way to NJ! The funny part is -- there is a UPS delivery link in the email from dead.net. UPS! And that link says "Huh, what package!??!" Ah, dead.net, you are so beautiful and mysterious! I love you!!!
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Short version: If you're clicking that link, in that email you got, and UPS is saying "No such package" -- well, you should copy the package code and try it at USPS instead. Good luck!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 8 months

Odd in 2012 we are being offered tangible box sets, seems so 1990's. I would never think of purchasing something this space taking and paying postage for it however as soon as it is available for digital download I will jump all over it. Great tour. Wish you released the entire thing though.... Keep it coming (faster would be better it took you guys 22years to release this) 9,000 sets X $20 odd for postage, a lot of money better spent than with UPS/FEDEX etc
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I really didn't look too carefully at the number, just linked to UPS tracking from the email. Slapped the tracking number into the USPS tracking system, and there it was is Louisville! Yeehah! And as for Dead.net shipping notifications, another big HUH????
user picture

Member for

13 years 8 months

I got a notification too but when I check the UPS Tracking number provided, I receive information about 2 items shipped to Barrie, Ontario Canada weighing 2668.0 pounds! Yes I have doubel checked Please let it be a simple error and not the start of another mess up. Flashbacks to weeks of trying to recover my E72 box after it was misdirected all over the USA ( I live in France) Well, at least we finally figured out where all the missing DaP3 packages went! :-)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

nice one Syracuse!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

If you received a tracking number and the link does not work for UPS go to the USPS site and add the tracking number. That is what worked for me. The link on the confirmation email is to UPS but mine is shipping US Postal Service. Easy work around for this issue. Mine to is shipping from Kentucky so it should be a 2 day shipment. Glad these are shipping a week early.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

Well, called the new call centre to enquire about my tracking number for the Spring 90 box - It appears that for international orders, there is no tracking available. It was not shipped out UPS, as was stated in my shipping email. Nor did my number work on the USPS website. So here we go again. My box set has no record of it's wherabouts. How can this happen again - you think they would have been more careful after the Dave's Picks Vol 3 issues. Just feel sad at the moment. p.s. where did my tracking number come from - did they just make it up?
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

You seem to have got it right regarding tracking (or the lack thereof) of international orders. I checked back to my original order confirmation mail and it only stated "Parcel post". International shipping (to The Netherlands) was $27.95 Does anyone have any idea if that would be UPS or USPS? On to the shipping confirmation mail that I received today: that states that the order was shipped by UPS 2-Day International. The tracking link is also to UPS which cannot find a package with that tracking number. The tracking number is a 7-digit number. Going to the USPS website for tracking reveals a list of possible tracking number formats but no 7-digit format exists. Naturally entering the tracking number comes up blank. The only evidence I have that it has shipped is the shipping confirmation mail and also the fact that today my credit card was charged for the order. That I have been charged for it and that my address etc. on the order info is good are positive signs but I have no idea when and how it will arrive. USPS is easy - if am not at home when they try to deliver, I can pick it up at the local post office (upon payment of customs and import duties). UPS is not so easy - I have to pay them an extra charge for the fact that they handed it to customs but the biggest problem is that if I am not at home (I won't be) then I have to pick it up from their depot which is not close by. Time will tell how this all pans out, I guess.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

When some poor unfortunate in Barrie Ontario is surprised by the arrival of a USPS flatbed truck with two 40ft. shipping containers, do you think that he or she will have the foresight to forward your oversize order on to you in France? The next question is, of course, will you then be prepared to pay the customs duty on it just to be able to find out what is in those containers? Please keep us up to date on this - this is the most interesting development on here in years!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

Came today. I never got a shipping notice. Big box for six shows. Lots of "stuff".
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

It's been my experience that items that have nominally been shipped via USPS have actually been delivered to my house (in the SF bay area) by a UPS truck. Probably just local, but could explain the discrepancies. (My tracking number also worked in the USPS site, and not in the UPS one.)
user picture
Default Avatar

I know this isn't the DP3 thread, but I had trouble getting my copy also. It was shipped on Jul. 30th, but never came. So I called and they put it under an 'escalation' process. Then a lady called me Monday and asked if I had received it, and I told her no. It finally came today, to southeast TX if it helps anyone nearby with the same shipping problem. Grate stuff, keep it coming!!! Oh yeah, please fix the website glitches!!! Hope everyone enjoys their Spring 1990 box sets!!!
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

I paid for overnight shipping and haven't received a shipping notice yet, not really sure what to think. Anyone have it yet that did overnight shipping?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

I'd like to preface this with the sentiment how lucky we are as fans. Quarterly installments of the Dave's Picks series, masterfully selected, is a thrill to look forward to. Then there's the ingenious invention of the Box Set- we're spoiled by how much music is available to us, year after year. This is the golden age of Releases- so glad we made it! Now here's a couple very small potatoes, baby potatoes. Unless my math is wrong, 3/22/90 fits on 2 discs, with the Scarlet-Fire on disc 1 at the end of the first set. Second set jam- intact and together on disc 2. This can also be said of 4/2/90 by placing the Encore at the end of the first set, like the 88 Road Trips. So if three discs is the choice, I applaud the bonus material of 3/24/90. And I suggest there's a few discs in this Box that are 50 minutes long. Not to say what a thrill it would be if every disc's potential space is utilized (though it would be). But how about a bonus track here and there. Surely the Vault must contain partial performances ripe for such occasions, like Dick's Picks 21. Although perhaps this would disrupt the flow of a show, so I don't know. These are just observations, please feel free to burn them after reading. This message will self destruct in 5-4-3-2- Well, that's all I got for now. Thanks for all the efforts, looking forward to celebrating the new Box!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

My tracking number does not work on UPS or USPS, called customer support told me to wait 48 hours. New box same old problem, really hope it makes it to me.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

My tracking number does not work on UPS or USPS, called customer support told me to wait 48 hours. New box same old problem, really hope it makes it to me.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 9 months

Spring 1990 was waiting for me when I got home! I love this packaging, this set is worth every dollar. I have been waiting a long time to get 3/22/90 as an official release. Brent is my go to guy, the easy to love on 3/22/90 is my favorite! Here's what I have learned: Forget the USPS. I'm done With those jokers. UPS all the way
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Just for fun, since I'm still waiting for my shipping announcement, I decided to see what we get and what's still out there.So I gathered the set lists and proceed to count. SPRING TOUR 1990 Box Set •Capital Centre - March 16, 1990 •Hartford Civic Center - March 19, 1990 •Copps Coliseum - March 22, 1990 •Knickerbocker Arena - March 26, 1990 •Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - March 30, 1990 •The Omni - April 2, 1990 6 shows 12 sets 60 ones 19 repeats 3 threepeats 1 fourpeat 83 songs 111 performances plus 6 RhythmDevils First Set Openers Let the Good Times Roll 3/16 Hell In A Bucket 3/19 Feel Like A Stranger 3/22 Hell In A Bucket 3/26 Help On The Way 3/30 Feel Like A Stranger 4/2 Second Set Openers Scarlet Begonias 3/16 Box of Rain 3/19 Scarlet Begonias 3/22 Built To Last 3/26 Iko Iko 3/30 Foolish Heart 4/2 Encores Last Time, The 3/16 Brokedown Palace 3/19 It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue 3/22 Brokedown Palace 3/26 Attics Of My Life 3/30 Black Muddy River 4/2 SPRING TOUR 1990 •Capital Centre - March 14, 1990 •Capital Centre - March 15, 1990 •Capital Centre - March 16, 1990 •Hartford Civic Center - March 18, 1990 •Hartford Civic Center - March 19, 1990 •Copps Coliseum - March 21, 1990 •Copps Coliseum - March 22, 1990 •Knickerbocker Arena - March 24, 1990 •Knickerbocker Arena - March 25, 1990 •Knickerbocker Arena - March 26, 1990 •Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - March 28, 1990 •Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - March 29, 1990 •Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - March 30, 1990 •The Omni - April 1, 1990 •The Omni - April 2, 1990 •The Omni - April 3, 1990 16 shows 32 sets 125 songs 284 performances plus 16 RhythmDevils drums 3/14, 3/15, 3/16, 3/18, 3/19, 3/21, 3/22, 3/24, 3/25, 3/26, 3/28, 3/29, 3/30, 4/1, 4/2, 4/3 Ones -31 Repeats - 44 Threepeats - 37 Fourpeats - 11 High Fives - 2 First Set Openers Cold Rain And Snow 3/14 Jack Straw 3/15 Let The Good Times Roll 3/16 Shakedown Street 3/18 Hell In A Bucket 3/19 Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo 3/21 Feel Like A Stranger 3/22 Never Trust A Woman 3/24 Greatest Story Ever Told 3/25 Hell In A Bucket 3/26 Cold Rain And Snow 3/28 Jack Straw 3/29 Help On The Way 3/30 Touch Of Grey 4/1 Feel Like A Stranger 4/2 Shakedown Street 4/3 Second Set Openers Crazy Fingers 3/14 China Cat Sunflower 3/15 Scarlet Begonias 3/16 Iko Iko 3/18 Box of Rain 3/19 Hey Pocky Way 3/21 Scarlet Begonias 3/22 Playin’ In the Band 3/24 Eyes of the World 3/25 Built To Last 3/26 Foolish Heart 3/28 Eyes of the World 3/29 Iko Iko 3/30 China Cat Sunflower 4/1 Foolish Heart 4/2 Estimated Prophet 4/3 Encores Black Muddy River 3/14 Revolution 3/15 The Last Time 3/16 US Blues 3/18 Brokedown Palace 3/19 Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door 3/21 It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue 3/22 And We Bid You Good Night 3/24 Quinn the Eskimo 3/25 Brokedown Palace 3/26 Revolution 3/28 Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door 3/29 Attics of my Life 3/30 It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue 4/1 Black Muddy River 4/2 And We Bid You Good Night 4/3 Ones Attics of My Life 3/30 Beat it on Down the Line 3/22 Believe it or Not 3/22 Big Railroad Blues 3/26 Box of Rain 3/19 Built to Last 3/26 Candyman 4/1 Dark Star 3/29 Death Don't Have No Mercy 4/2 Desolation Row 3/24 Dire Wolf 3/30 Dupree's Diamond Blues 3/26 Far From Me 3/21 Fire on the Mountain 3/22 Friend of the Devil 3/18 Greatest Story Ever Told 3/25 Hey Jude 3/22 High Time 3/28 It Must Have Been the Roses 3/22 Let the Good Times Roll 3/16 Mama Tried 3/14 Mexicali Blues 3/18 One More Saturday Night 3/24 Peggy-O 3/16 Quinn the Eskimo 3/25 Stagger Lee 3/18 Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again 3/14 To Lay Me Down 4/1 U.S. Blues 3/18 Wang Dang Doodle 3/25 West L.A. Fadeaway 3/22   First Repeat Playin’ In The Band 3/14, 3/19 Repeats Loser 3/16, 3/24 All Along the Watchtower 3/18, 3/24 Jack-a-Roe 3/19, 3/25 Spoonful 3/18, 3/25 Black Peter 3/14, 3/25 Black-Throated Wind 3/16, 3/26 Blow Away 3/16, 3/26 Morning Dew 3/18, 3/26 Brokedown Palace 3/19, 3/26 Cold Rain and Snow 3/28 Cassidy 3/15, 3/28 Deal 3/19, 3/28 Cumberland Blues 3/21, 3/28 Hey Pocky Way 3/21, 3/28 Revolution 3/15, 3/28 Jack Straw 3/15, 3/29 Bertha 3/19, 3/29 Ramble on Rose 3/18, 3/29 Knockin' on Heaven's Door 3/21, 3/29 Help on the Way 3/24, 3/30 Slipknot! 3/24, 3/30 Franklin's Tower 3/24, 3/30 Little Red Rooster 3/18, 3/30 It's All Over Now 3/19, 3/30 Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues 3/15, 3/30 Iko Iko 3/18, 3/30 China Doll 3/19, 3/30 Standing on the Moon 3/21, 3/30 Me And My Uncle 3/18, 4/1 Big River 3/14, 4/1 Althea 3/15, 4/1 Music Never Stopped, The 3/18, 4/1 Ship of Fools 3/16, 4/1 Hey Jude Coda 3/22, 4/1 It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue 3/22, 4/1 Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo 3/21, 4/2 Weight, The 3/28, 4/2 Brown Eyed Woman 3/19, 4/2 Good Lovin' 3/28, 4/2 Black Muddy River 3/14, 4/2 Shakedown Street 3/18, 4/3 Sugaree 3/15, 4/3 And We Bid You Goodnight 3/24, 4/3   Threepeats Never Trust A Woman 3/14, 3/24, 3/25 Samson and Delilah 3/15, 3/22, 3/25 New Minglewood Blues 3/16, 3/21, 3/28 Loose Lucy 3/14, 3/21, 3/28 Wharf Rat 3/15, 3/21, 3/28 Bird Song 3/16, 3/25, 3/29 Eyes of the World 3/19, 3/25, 3/29 Wheel, The 3/18, 3/24, 3/29 Turn on Your Love Light 3/14, 3/21, 3/29 Don't Ease Me In 3/15, 3/22, 3/30 Uncle John's Band 3/14, 3/24, 3/30 Terrapin Station 3/15, 3/24, 3/30 Gimme Some Lovin' 3/19, 3/26, 3/30 Touch of Grey 3/16, 3/25, 4/1 Walkin' Blues 3/15, 3/24, 4/1 Just a Little Light 3/18, 3/26, 4/1 Victim or the Crime 3/21, 3/26, 4/1 China Cat Sunflower 3/15, 3/26, 4/1 I Know You Rider 3/15, 3/26, 4/1 Women are Smarter 3/16, 3/26, 4/1 Stella Blue 3/16, 3/24, 4/1 Sugar Magnolia 3/16, 3/22, 4/1 Feel Like a Stranger 3/14, 3/22, 4/2 Let it Grow 3/14, 3/25, 4/2 Foolish Heart 3/19, 3/28, 4/2 Looks Like Rain 3/18, 3/28, 4/2 He's Gone 3/18, 3/21, 4/2 Last Time, The 3/16, 3/22, 4/2 Around and Around 3/19, 3/25, 4/2 Hell in a Bucket 3/19, 3/26, 4/3 We Can Run 3/19, 3/29, 4/3 Row Jimmy 3/14, 3/26, 4/3 Tennessee Jed 3/15, 3/24, 4/3 Promised Land, The 3/21, 3/29, 4/3 Scarlet Begonias 3/16, 3/22, 4/3 I Will Take You Home 3/15, 3/25, 4/3 Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad 3/19, 3/25, 4/3   Fourpeats I Need a Miracle 3/14, 3/21, 3/26, 3/30 Dear Mr. Fantasy 3/14, 3/22, 3/26, 4/1 Truckin' 3/18, 3/22, 3/25, 4/1 Queen Jane Approximately 3/16, 3/21, 3/28, 4/2 Easy to Love You 3/15, 3/22, 3/28, 4/2 Other One, The 3/16, 3/22, 3/28, 4/2 When I Paint My Masterpiece 3/18, 3/25, 3/29, 4/3 Estimated Prophet 3/16, 3/21, 3/29, 4/3 Crazy Fingers 3/14, 3/21, 3/25, 4/3 Throwin' Stones 3/15, 3/21, 3/29, 4/3 Not Fade Away 3/15, 3/24, 3/30, 4/3 High Fives Picasso Moon 3/19, 3/22, 3/26, 3/30, 4/3 Playin' in the Band 3/14, 3/19, 3/24, 3/30, 4/3
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I wonder when those of us who paid for overnight shipping are going to get ours?
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

I can't wait for my order to arrive! These were my first East Coast shows in 11 years. It was really cold outside, even though it was the end of March. These were also the first shows ever played at this venue. The security people knew less about what was going on than usual. There were contradictions as to what items were allowed in (such as water bottles) & it seemed that the list of what was allowed in differed from show to show. Mellow crowd & lots of fun!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

zuckfun - I´m totally with you concerning bonus material for only half full cds. would have been very nice! but you can´t always get what you want but for future releases: a few bonus tracks here and there should not bother anyone!
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

Why does shipping notice say"UPS Ground" but tracking fix is thru USPS-are those actually being shipped via US post and not UPS? I ask because UPS has always been reliable shipper in my experience-post office not so much. Can someone please post answer to this question.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

With the USPS link instead of UPS. Thanks, guys, for correcting the problem. My package is at the postal center 43 miles from my house. Delivery today or delivery tomorrow?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 7 months

As I was sitting here registering so I could post a comment saying I'd gotten my new USPS tracking number but it wasn't here yet, the mail truck stopped at my house. All the guy left was a package for my son. Disappointed but I figured it'd come tomorrow. Then a few minutes later, he had circled back and I heard him leaving something else. I went and looked and...bingo! My GD box was there! Surprise! Nice looking shipping box too! I hope everyone else gets theirs soon too. FYI I had selected the basic shipping, which seems to have been USPS Priority mail. It really depends where you're located sometimes, some locations are further away from sorting facilities. I live only about 30 miles away from the sorting facility in a major metro area.
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

Sorry for previous message-coffee hadn't kicked in-I'm watching for white jeep not brown truck.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

My set arrived on 8/23 (yesterday). I had two day shipping. I live in MA. I never received a shipping notification of any kind. As I said in an earlier comment. It's a big box for six shows. Lots of "stuff". So far the shows sound sweet.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

I'm also in the same boat. paid the 45 for overnight and my order is still in process. iI talked to customer service and they are zero help. Good luck in hope we get them soo n.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Got the shipping notice Wed night. Everything perfect. Beautiful box, even the shipping box is cool!!!! Can't thank TPTB enough for this set. It's one I've been dreaming of for years. Please keep em coming. I'll buy everything you put out there. It's ALL good to me.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

delete
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

I watched the unboxing video and I think the swag looks really cool. I'm usually indifferent about the accoutrements, but the thing that stood out to me, and the part that I love is the inclusion of the arena seating charts. That, to me, suggests a level of detail above and beyond. Mine should be arriving today, assuming the tracking info is correct. SUPER pumped for this.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

The following is the contents of an e-mail I received today which clarifies the tracking of International orders: "Thank you for your Dead.net Spring 1990 Store order! It has come to our attention that the tracking information provided in your order confirmation e-mail is incorrect. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The number that was listed as a Tracking Number is incorrect and cannot be used to track your order. Unfortunately, due to the nature of this international shipment, we are unable to provide you with any tracking information. Please be advised that transit times vary by country, but you should expect to receive your shipment within 8 to 12 business days from the date you received your shipping confirmation e-mail. Please wait 12 business days before attempting to inquire about the status of your shipment. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy your purchase. We are confident that it will be worth the wait! Thank you, Dead.net Spring 1990 Store Customer Care" The 8-12 business days suggests to me that it will ship with USPS rather than UPS but I do not know this for sure.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

I haven't unboxed it yet but I was surprised that the postman just dropped it off . Warning. Anyone trying to get this past a spouse or significant other will have to beat them to the door. When you see the shipping box it's pretty obvious is Dead related. Kind of cool. Anyway I wasn't expecting this so soon. Thanks again Dave and Co.! Hope this goes as smooth for you all!
user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

for those who make note of the various & myriad issues with pre-orders, shipping etc: what do you expect with a bunch of hippies running the show? just a thought - Dead Heads seem to be among the most impatient (if understandable so) folks around. methinks they won't be happy until the music is announced as available and immediately transported telepathically to their brains. be happy we are able to share this music & don't sweat the little things.
user picture

Member for

14 years 10 months

let's hope they include a pair of white gloves so we don't have to run out and buy some before opening the box!
user picture

Member for

13 years 1 month

I live in Connecticut and did regular Delivery and it arrived this morning...If any of you are on the fence on this one..Do youself a favor..GET IT NOW!!! Everything isbeautiful down to the actual box it Came in...So go on Give yourself a little Christmas present in August. You won't regret this one!!!
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

received my box today that i ordered within the first 10 minutes after it was announced. limited edition # - 7339 there is absolutely no way that many boxes were sold within that timeframe.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

Here is a suggestion, scrape off the 339 and now you have box number 7. How mediocre can these complaints get?I don't think anyone can expect the boxes being numbered based on when an order is placed.
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

its a valid complaint, because it affects the value. just because you don't think its a big deal doesn't mean others aren't going to care. also.... customer service representatives repeatedly told customers the limited edition numbers would be determined by the date orders were placed, which is obviously not the case.
product sku
GRA9900088