• 64 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

It's just too good not to! In addition to its inclusion in Spring 1990 (the Other One), we are proud to present Wake Up To Find Out, a three-disc set featuring the legendary 3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum show with Branford Marsalis.

Wake Up To Find Out is the official debut of one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.” Blair Jackson captures the moment, writing that, “Of all the guest musicians who shared the Dead’s stage through the years—and they were many and varied—none embodied both the Dead’s adventurous, questing spirit and their obsession with beautiful melodies and accessible structures quite like Branford did.” Their performance of “Eyes Of The World” appeared on the 1990 live collection Without A Net, but the entire collaboration has not surfaced officially until now.

“When I agreed to sit in with the Dead in 1990, I didn't know what to expect, aurally or visually,” says Marsalis. “What I experienced was what I remembered music to be in my younger years, something that I'd felt was lost long ago. Process over product. No set lists, light shows and costumes required, but music first. It's an experience I will always remember with great fondness.”

Digital downloads will be made available on release date but you can put in your pre-order now at iTunes.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Charbroiled
    Home Court, 20 minute car ride. Phil's 50th and these three shows made for a real good time Spring of 90.
  • Anonymous (not verified)
    Default Avatar
    you don't need to be a prime member to get free shipping E-commerce Firesale review
  • elena777
    Default Avatar
    best free homes listings...http://rent-to-ownhomeslistings.com/
  • wgscott
    Default Avatar
    I checked all of the files. It is 24 bit/192 kHz. I don't think there is much measurable content beyond 96kHz, but there is no artificial brick-wall cutoff. This set of downloaded files I think is technically the best Grateful Dead high res material I have come across. It really has been done right. (By contrast, I got the highlights downloads from that 30 trips collection, and almost all the files are upsampled redbook -- i.e., fake high res. If I had spent $700 on the complete set, I think I would be hiring an attorney.) But this one really is the real thing.
  • paulyp
    Default Avatar
    i grew up in Stony Brook,Long Island. So my first shows (late 70's) where at the coliseum. "I would tear this ol' building down!" I also was fortunate enough to be at this three night run. I remember when, "Without a Net" came out on vinyl (still have it)I love the sax, and Branford Marsala's was amazing at this show.But now I can re-live, at least that middle night with...."Wake up to find out". I'm so excited to hear this show again! Almost as excited as listening and watching the Fare Thee Well CD's and videos!! To re-live the experience that you were a part of is truly EPIC!! Be Kind to each other!
  • srinukumar
    Default Avatar
    nice post
  • matchewy
    Default Avatar
    When they released the Spring '90 Too box, I predicted an RSD vinyl release of 3/29/1990. I was off by a season, as I predicted a Black Friday 2014 RSD release. Oh well, great news at any rate!
  • wissinomingdeadhead
    Default Avatar
    Record Store Day, 2015, 3/29/90, 5LP box set, release date, 4/18/15.
  • guit30
    That sounds awesome, what is it, HD?
  • Mike Nomad
    24/192
user picture

Member for

17 years
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

It's just too good not to! In addition to its inclusion in Spring 1990 (the Other One), we are proud to present Wake Up To Find Out, a three-disc set featuring the legendary 3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum show with Branford Marsalis.

Wake Up To Find Out is the official debut of one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.” Blair Jackson captures the moment, writing that, “Of all the guest musicians who shared the Dead’s stage through the years—and they were many and varied—none embodied both the Dead’s adventurous, questing spirit and their obsession with beautiful melodies and accessible structures quite like Branford did.” Their performance of “Eyes Of The World” appeared on the 1990 live collection Without A Net, but the entire collaboration has not surfaced officially until now.

“When I agreed to sit in with the Dead in 1990, I didn't know what to expect, aurally or visually,” says Marsalis. “What I experienced was what I remembered music to be in my younger years, something that I'd felt was lost long ago. Process over product. No set lists, light shows and costumes required, but music first. It's an experience I will always remember with great fondness.”

Digital downloads will be made available on release date but you can put in your pre-order now at iTunes.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I'm up through 'Wake up to Find Out' on the Spring '90 (The Other One) box. Good 'ol Jer's vocal flub on Bertha brought a grin to my face several times today and I had to rewind it and relisten several times. I guess the only other place I'd rather be than the whalehouse is the alehouse, but certainly not the jailhouse.The interplay between Brent and Branford on Estimated is fantastic, sublime even. True artistry and musicianship on display. The whole show is marvelous and inspired, the boys were having fun. If you pass up on the whole box, at least get this show. The few criticisms I'd have on it (the WTF abrupt transition into The Wheel (What could have been!) and some tough harmonies on We Can Run (I'm looking at you Phil) are far outweighed by the positives here. If you are thinking about getting this show, do it. This show is like fine wine. It will only get better with age.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

I wouldn't swear it in blood but I'm pretty sure someone said they checked one of the files after downloading, and it was 24/192.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 3 months

Record Store Day, 2015, 3/29/90, 5LP box set, release date, 4/18/15.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

When they released the Spring '90 Too box, I predicted an RSD vinyl release of 3/29/1990. I was off by a season, as I predicted a Black Friday 2014 RSD release. Oh well, great news at any rate!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 8 months

i grew up in Stony Brook,Long Island. So my first shows (late 70's) where at the coliseum. "I would tear this ol' building down!" I also was fortunate enough to be at this three night run. I remember when, "Without a Net" came out on vinyl (still have it)I love the sax, and Branford Marsala's was amazing at this show.But now I can re-live, at least that middle night with...."Wake up to find out". I'm so excited to hear this show again! Almost as excited as listening and watching the Fare Thee Well CD's and videos!! To re-live the experience that you were a part of is truly EPIC!! Be Kind to each other!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 2 months

I checked all of the files. It is 24 bit/192 kHz. I don't think there is much measurable content beyond 96kHz, but there is no artificial brick-wall cutoff. This set of downloaded files I think is technically the best Grateful Dead high res material I have come across. It really has been done right. (By contrast, I got the highlights downloads from that 30 trips collection, and almost all the files are upsampled redbook -- i.e., fake high res. If I had spent $700 on the complete set, I think I would be hiring an attorney.) But this one really is the real thing.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Home Court, 20 minute car ride. Phil's 50th and these three shows made for a real good time Spring of 90.
product sku