- Post reply Log in to post commentsJanuary 19, 2018 - 2:14pm80 repliesmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007What are you listening to? What should we be listening to? Share here, in the latest version of this beloved thread.
- March 16, 2022 - 11:01amgemini mikeJoined:January 3, 2014listen a lot to
Michael Zanabili, Moody Road CD... best cut is No. 2, "Out in the Rain"... A 7 minute cut you can put on repeat and explore a peaceful guitar for hours. You can find this CD in the cut-outs sometime.
- March 2, 2022 - 11:02amdaverockJoined:September 1, 2014Rega Saturn
I bought one of those about two years ago. Although it sounded superb, discs started skipping, or registering as "empty disc" on the display screen after about a year. The shop took it back for repairs, but it still didn't work properly. Eventually they replaced it with one that had been in the shop on display. So far so good. I clean it every week, and occasionally a disc won't play, and I have to take it out and re-slot it before it will play. I have noticed also that if I go to a track in the middle of the cd, it starts about a second into the track. Strange that such good player should be so flawed. I wondered if it was anything to do with the fact that the part where you place the cd is positioned on top of the player, rather than on the side, and that as a result, it collects more dust.
It sounds amazing though, to my ears. I just keep expecting it to break down all the time.
- February 8, 2022 - 11:51amCrow Told MeJoined:October 15, 2020A Tale of Two CDs
Since somebody brought up CD players, here's something I've been meaning to mention:
Earlier this year, I finally bought a new player. I'd been using my Rega for god knows how long, 15 years at least. It always sounded good, but I started having a lot of problems with discs skipping. I tried the usual trick--opening it up and cleaning off the lens--which helped but didn't solve the problem. I even took it to a repair shop to see if they could do anything. They kept it for a month, gave it a trial, said it didn't skip when they played it, and charged me $89 for a cleaning, which I'd already done! Anyway, at some point I decided I should just bite the bullet and get a new player.
So I got a Marantz CD 6007, mainly because there were numerous reviews saying it was the best player you could get for under a grand. It weren't cheap, but I would have to say it has the best sound of any player I've owned, and I've had some pretty good ones (Arcam, NAD, Rega Saturn). It also has a port that makes it easy to play FLAC files from a flash drive, which is occasionally useful. Just thought I'd mention this, since lots of people seem interested in audio quality.
And yeah, that PNX box just gets better every time I play it. I thought the packaging was beautiful, a work of art in itself, but I have to confess I pulled the CDs out, put 'em on the shelf, and put the outer box in the attic of my life. It's just so bulky it's hard to find space for it around here.
It's looking like Thursday I will have the opportunity to ditch work and take a hike out on the Marin coast. I pretty always play Dead when I'm tooling around out there. The whole area--Lagunitas, Nicasio Valley, Bolinas, even Novato--just reeks of GD history, and the music just seems to bubble up out of the hills. I think I'll but the Seattle '74 show in the player and see if I can time the edibles to kick in during that 45 minute PITB.
- February 8, 2022 - 8:05amForensicdocelevenJoined:June 17, 2008Music is well said to be the speech of angels.....
Right now I'm listening to 5/23/72 while I work on autopsy reports............
At low volume, of course...........
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness......
- February 8, 2022 - 5:49amwilfredtjonesJoined:June 4, 2007nandi bushell
Playing Rush - Tom Sawyer
Google it, you won't be disappointed...
- December 28, 2020 - 10:58pmMathyugJoined:December 28, 2020A Sky Full of Stars
Coldplay - A sky full of stars is taken from the album Ghost Stories
- February 4, 2019 - 8:18amfreermanJoined:February 4, 2019Great suggestions
Thank you for giving a list of great songs to listen to!
- January 19, 2019 - 12:32pmnikolsongJoined:January 19, 2019Boris Brejcha
Boris Brejcha - I Am The Joker (Original Mix)
I enjoy that one right now. :)
- November 28, 2018 - 11:12amsteph limaJoined:November 28, 2018Love The Way You Lie
I am listening to Eminem Ft Rihanna <3
- October 8, 2018 - 1:23pmslo lettuceJoined:July 20, 2012Rayland BaxterSandra Monica