• 303 replies
    marye
    started by richard Winterland October 1974 Hello friends, Today I offer up another vine I hope you all will enjoy. This is a five night stand at Winterland in 1974. It is my understanding that these shows provided the tracks for the live album “Steal Your Face.” With that in mind, let me say this - I already own 'Steal Your Face', both on vinyl and on CD. IMHO, it would show appropriate support for a band that is so generous with their copyrighted material for parties interested in these shows to buy/already own a copy of 'Steal Your Face' as well. Following are the dates and setlists. First person on list needs to PM me with an address. Vine on, Richard 1. 2. 3. 4. 10-16-74 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Wed) 1: Bertha, Jack Straw, Deal, Mexicali, Roses, BIODTL, Scarlet, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland, Row Jimmy, Playin 2: Phil & Ned> Space> Wharf Rat> Space> Eyes, Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin> GDTRFB> Uncle John, Johnny B. Goode E: U. S. Blues Bob Weir's 27th

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • friendpicksd
    Default Avatar

Grateful!!!!

• t140v77
    Default Avatar

1. rich02722. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl (IN 2/06, OUT 2/20) 4. Silent Movie Actress (IN 2/28 5. stepineden72 6. These shows are amazing! I'll pm stepineden72 to try to get an address.

• Silent Movie Actress
    Default Avatar
    1. rich02722. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl (IN 2/06, OUT 2/20) 4. Silent Movie Actress (IN 2/28 5. stepineden72 6. These shows are amazing! I'll pm stepineden72 to try to get an address.
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    Haven't heard from Don (stepineden72) so I'll bump him down the list and get this out to Silent Movie Actress as soon as I get an addy. Must say, it's nice to see another female around the vineyard (that is assuming that Silent Movie Actress is female). Cheers
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    I'll turn it around quick and get it out to Don 1. rich0272 2. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl (IN 2/06 4. stepineden72 5. Silent Movie Actress 6.
  • Silent Movie Actress
    Default Avatar
    1. rich02722. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl 4. stepineden72 5. Silent Movie Actress 6.
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Thanks again to Poncho for the re-seed. Can't wait to dig into these shows! (but first I'll copy this and get it off to BC...) 1. rich0272 2. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl 4. stepineden72 5. 6.
  • rich0272
    Default Avatar
    Just left the post office. Should be to John in a couple days. 1. rich0272 >>In 1/14>>Out 1/19 2. JohnRParker5 3. Island Girl 4. stepineden72 5. 6.
  • rich0272
    Default Avatar
    1. rich0272 >>In 1/14 2. JohnRParker5 3. Island Girl 4. stepineden72 5. 6.
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Grateful!!!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums
started by richard Winterland October 1974 Hello friends, Today I offer up another vine I hope you all will enjoy. This is a five night stand at Winterland in 1974. It is my understanding that these shows provided the tracks for the live album “Steal Your Face.” With that in mind, let me say this - I already own 'Steal Your Face', both on vinyl and on CD. IMHO, it would show appropriate support for a band that is so generous with their copyrighted material for parties interested in these shows to buy/already own a copy of 'Steal Your Face' as well. Following are the dates and setlists. First person on list needs to PM me with an address. Vine on, Richard 1. 2. 3. 4. 10-16-74 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Wed) 1: Bertha, Jack Straw, Deal, Mexicali, Roses, BIODTL, Scarlet, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland, Row Jimmy, Playin 2: Phil & Ned> Space> Wharf Rat> Space> Eyes, Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin> GDTRFB> Uncle John, Johnny B. Goode E: U. S. Blues Bob Weir's 27th
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

any posibility`s of a re-seed of this one ? please ...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

any posibility`s of a re-seed of this one ? please ... Thank you !!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I will need to go to the store to get somemore CDs to be able to reseed this baby. So who is next? Is it gdead77? Anyway, give me a couple of days and I will get this one going. I have to get that moreMay '77 finished up and out first. You won't get left hanging, Stu & Co ;o} !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

If somebody's going to the trouble of reseeding, I'm in! Thanks Oroboros! WINTERLAND OCTOBER 1974 1. gdhead77 - mmeyer@extend.com 2. Zbinks 3. toddsnc 4. stuman 5. joneb 6. pkpotter 7. That Nice Hippy Guy 8. MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Thank you very much Tim !! It is nice to see the vines start to grow again .. " Let it grow " vine on !!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

and tomorrow I will copy the setlists and info that Richard originally sent us out on the lineage of these shows. Then I will go to the post office on my lunchbreak and send out to gdhead77 (who emailed me immediately, that eager beaver). Then you guys/gals can get this vine growing (as stu so aptly puts it). Note: the 'seastones' is on Disc 4 of the 10-20-74 set, where Ned Lagin and Phil Lesh regal us with sonic weirdness and twilight zone soundtrack material. (this was usually between the first and second set). That one isn't listed on the info but as I recall it is was included/added at some point to complete this 5 show Winterland run. 10-20-74 was the last show of the massive "Wall of Sound". And then in the second and third set that night, Mickey Hart reunited with his bandmates in for the first time in nearly 4 years. 'The Last One' was even stamped on the ticket stubs after the show. The Grateful Dead were taking a hiatus to recharge their collective batteries and this run of shows had special significance on several levels. And boy did they recharge !!! ;o} Thanks Richard for sharing this historic run. Vine on!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

and on the way east to gdhead77. So you all can send your addresses to one another up and 'down the line'. May this vine be back and "burst into bloom.."
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

1.) gdhead77 2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

jumping in. By the way i included our new friend Wtractor in the list... 1.) gdhead77 2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Make sure to read the vining info as well. It helps to know the process. And you are in for a treat! Welcome to the vine.
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

I'm in! Am I in? I think I'm in! I'd like a swing on this vine. thanks 1.) gdhead77 2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71 12) schubert andy
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1.) gdhead77 in 8/23, PM to zbinks for name/addy, ready to go (thx to tim for re-seed!)2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71 12) schubert andy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Many thank you`s for the re-seed !! said it before and will say it again ,, you`r the man Tim !! Peace & sunshine to all !! ...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Got the vine. I'm in the process of ripping the discs and will forward to toddsnc when done.
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

1.) gdhead77 in 8/23, PM to zbinks for name/addy, ready to go (thx to tim for re-seed!)2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71 12) free idea i gave myself a spanky new screen name, like the rest of you jokers :), so I re-edited my entry, so you could find me more easily. thanks to the friendly tipster in my inbox. -f.i.
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

anyone else have problems with 10-19-74 show disc3 tracks 10-12? Computer said can't reconize the file source?stu will put this in the mail sat morning.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

this has arrived yesturday ,, this one may take a few days ,, will post when it`s gone .. will post whatever issusess i come across, as far as above post.... Hope everyone has a beutiful sunshiney day !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I did`nt have any issusses with this one . 10-19 burned and plays fine for me .. I will have this out to joneb today .. 9-19. Peace and sunshine for all !! Stu ....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

I'll post when there out of my hands...Peace.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

want to be in the know
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

they left yesterday...Peace.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thanks jon, should go out monday, I will post then. Another magic run at the best ice skating venue in the known world.Thank you richard! peace,pk
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Off to thatnicehippyguy monday. Beautiful run.peace,pk
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Will get it out to Mark along with the Eurovine as soon as I can. Thanks, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

To Mark as of this morning 10-15. Peace, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hi, The Winterland 10/74 vine has arrived. Probably be the weekend by the time I get it out to estimatedprophet71, I had four vines show up today. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hi, Waiting on estimatedprophet's address, and I'll be sending this one out. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

I'll give it another couple of days then skip to the next...assuming they're still around. Don't recognize the names as being recently active. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

my address is on my personal page all you have to do is click on my name my address is there on my personal page, im a engineer i work out of town every other day usually,but im a active!!please send the vine my way!! Cheers
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

its in a pm its Thomas Craig Wells 5346 Dunwoody rd Hamilton Ohio 45013 i will try to send it next time when i sign up.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hi, As you can see I now have the address, and will be sending this vine out tomorrow Cheers, Mark
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

trying to get in touch with Wtractor somone said they signed him up above,? do you or does anyone have his address? i sent him a pm, we will hold for him a few days to see if we hear anything, Estimatedprophet71
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

MY ADDRESS: GREG WEAVER 10640 NW 21 CT. PEMBROKE PINES, FL 33026
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

just received the cd's.... thanks estimatedprophet.... i'll burn these tonight... so who is next?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

ok, i'lve been trying to get a hold of LIG71, but i don't have his address. How long do i hold on to these before skipping LIG71?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hey now wtractor: I had emailed LIG71 regarding another vine a couple of weeks ago and it took him several days to get back to me. I checked the signup list and LIG71 is next to last, with free idea at the end. I'd mail the darn thing to free idea *tomorrow* if I hadn't heard from LIG, and move LIG to last. He won't have to wait that much longer. Then again, work is sucking maximally this week so I'm in a "be a prick" mood. Cheers, MarkintheDark ************************************************ I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com ************************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

1.) gdhead77 in 8/23, PM to zbinks for name/addy, ready to go (thx to tim for re-seed!)2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71 12) free idea 13) Birdsong1969NJ "I had a hard run, runnin' from your window."
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

1.) gdhead77 in 8/23, PM to zbinks for name/addy, ready to go (thx to tim for re-seed!)2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71 12) free idea 13) Birdsong1969NJ 14) Dead Man Telling Tales.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

1.) gdhead77 in 8/23, PM to zbinks for name/addy, ready to go (thx to tim for re-seed!)2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71 10) Wtractor 11) LIG71 12) free idea 13) Birdsong1969NJ 14) Dead Man Telling Tales. 15) deadheadben
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Do we know if wtractor sent this to LIG71 (in France) last month? Don't see any postings about it. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

what happened to this one?