30 Days of Dead November 30
------ TURN OFF FUTURE & FORM -----
It's with deep appreciation and gratitude for you, the fans, that we'll be giving away an MP3 download every day this month. That's 30 days of unreleased Grateful Dead tracks from the vault, selected by Dead archivist and producer David Lemieux! Intrigued? We're also going to put your knowledge to the test and give you the chance to win some sweet swag from the Dead.
Guess the venue and date correctly and you'll be automatically entered to win our Grand Prize - a prize pack featuring our 2014 releases, merch, and more.
Love November for this reason
And unfortunately it wasn't me. Oh well. Congratulations to Grand Prize winner Steve Pochettino! It was announced in the December GD Bulletin.
Was a winner picked?
How about letting us know when you will be picking the Grand Prize Winner. I have no doubt I'll win, but the waiting is killing me. I am familiar with the normal Grateful Dead technical difficulties and have no doubt that the crack equipment crew is diligently working to get everything just exactly right, but c'mon now. Just give us some sort of update. Please!
And on another note check out 12-4-79 second set super jam estimated > franklins tower. If u have SiriusXm it will be on at 7pm EST.
I have multiple playlists in my iTunes. The first is the order in which they were released, then I have a list in chronological order, then I have them broken down in order of release as they would fit on CDs, then there is the cumulative list each year (30 Days x2, x3 x4) in both chronological order and order by release. The cumulative chronological playlist for this year is almost 23 hours long and contains 123 songs (I didn't repeat the two from this year that were used in earlier years). Ain't life grand!
By Performance Date:
1. Cream Puff War - San Francisco, CA, Fillmore Auditorium 7/3/1966
2. Alligator > Caution - Los Angeles, CA, Shrine Auditorium 11/10/1967
3. That’s It For the Other One - Los Angeles, CA, Shrine Auditorium 8/23/1968
4. Uncle John’s Band - New York, NY, Fillmore East 2/11/1970
5. New Minglewood - Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theater 2/24/1971
6. Black Peter - San Antonio, TX, San Antonio Civic Auditorium 11/12/1971
7. Big Railroad Blues - New York, NY, Academy of Music 3/22/1972
8. Bird Song - Hollywood, CA, Hollywood Palladium 9/10/1972
9. China > Rider - Champaign-Urbana, IL, Assembly Hall - University Of Illinois 2/21/1973
10. Playing in the Band - Tempe, AZ, Feyline Field 11/25/1973
11. The Music Never Stopped - Boston, MA, Boston Music Hall 6/12/1976
12. Friend of the Devil - Atlanta, GA, Fox Theatre 5/18/1977
13. High Time - Baltimore, MD, Baltimore Civic Center 5/26/1977
14. Scarlet > Fire - Troy, NY, Field House - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 5/7/1978
15. Stagger Lee - Chicago, IL, Uptown Theatre 11/18/1978
16. Passenger - Easton, PA, Allan Kirby Field House - Lafayette College 5/7/1979
17. Sugaree - Cleveland, OH, Cleveland Public Auditorium 8/26/1980
18. Candyman - Gainesville, FL, Alligator Alley Gym - University of Florida 11/29/1980
19. Shakedown Street - London, England, Rainbow Theatre 3/24/1981
20. I Need a Miracle > Bertha - Iowa City, IA, Iowa Fieldhouse - University of Iowa 8/10/1982
21. Space > Only a Fool - New Haven, CT, New Haven Coliseum 4/23/1984
22. My Brother Esau - Cincinnati, OH, River Bend Music Center 6/24/1985
23. Hell in a Bucket > Don’t Ease Me In - Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Performing Arts Center 6/27/1985
24. Feel Like a Stranger - Providence, RI, Providence Civic Center 3/31/1986
25. West L.A. Fadeaway - Hartford, CT, Hartford Civic Center 3/27/1987
26. Let it Grow > Don’t Ease Me In - New York, NY, Madison Square Garden 9/16/1987
27. Tennessee Jed - East Rutherford, NJ, Giants Stadium 7/10/1989
28. Loose Lucy - Albany, NY, Knickerbocker Arena 3/27/1993
29. So Many Roads - Boston, MA, Boston Garden 10/1/1994
30. Corrina - Charlotte, NC, Charlotte Coliseum 3/23/1995
This is a long-standing problem. I tried to change my avatar one time. The new piccy was on "My account" page, replacing the old one but it would not appear on the left under my name when I posted. The original refused to be usurped by the new pic. I gave up in the end and kept the old one.
It is a strange process. You have to log in again from that edit page; at least that is how it seemed to work for me. There are tiny error messages that are helpful if you find them.
so meanwhile, has anybody out there been able to change their avatar pic? i had a beautiful SYF, but can't seem to get it back. i can delete my dog (isn't she cute?), but am completely unable to load anything else.
when i do try upload another pic, it stubbornly reverts to my pup.
so now suddenly, without my having done anything in the last weeks, my icon has reverted to my fave SYF !!!
oh, well. i'm confused, but not complaining ......
If it helps anyone (later will do this with the shows in chronological order, which is how I tend to listen):
1. Shakedown Street - London, England, Rainbow Theatre 3/24/1981
2. New Minglewood - Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theater 2/24/1971
3. So Many Roads - Boston, MA, Boston Garden 10/1/1994
4. Sugaree - Cleveland, OH, Cleveland Public Auditorium 8/26/1980
5. Cream Puff War - San Francisco, CA, Fillmore Auditorium 7/3/1966
6. Playing in the Band - Tempe, AZ, Feyline Field 11/25/1973
7. West L.A. Fadeaway - Hartford, CT, Hartford Civic Center 3/27/1987
8. Uncle John’s Band - New York, NY, Fillmore East 2/11/1970
9. Passenger - Easton, PA, Allan Kirby Field House - Lafayette College 5/7/1979
10. Tennessee Jed - East Rutherford, NJ, Giants Stadium 7/10/1989
11. Black Peter - San Antonio, TX, San Antonio Civic Auditorium 11/12/1971
12. The Music Never Stopped - Boston, MA, Boston Music Hall 6/12/1976
13. Loose Lucy - Albany, NY, Knickerbocker Arena 3/27/1993
14. Big Railroad Blues - New York, NY, Academy of Music 3/22/1972
15. High Time - Baltimore, MD, Baltimore Civic Center 5/26/1977
16. That’s It For the Other One - Los Angeles, CA, Shrine Auditorium 8/23/1968
17. Let it Grow > Don’t Ease Me In - New York, NY, Madison Square Garden 9/16/1987
18. Candyman - Gainesville, FL, Alligator Alley Gym - University of Florida 11/29/1980
19. Feel Like a Stranger - Providence, RI, Providence Civic Center 3/31/1986
20. Stagger Lee - Chicago, IL, Uptown Theatre 11/18/1978
21. I Need a Miracle > Bertha - Iowa City, IA, Iowa Fieldhouse - University of Iowa 8/10/1982
22. Corrina - Charlotte, NC, Charlotte Coliseum 3/23/1995
23. My Brother Esau - Cincinnati, OH, River Bend Music Center 6/24/1985
24. China > Rider - Champaign-Urbana, IL, Assembly Hall - University Of Illinois 2/21/1973
25. Space > Only a Fool - New Haven, CT, New Haven Coliseum 4/23/1984
26. Friend of the Devil - Atlanta, GA, Fox Theatre 5/18/1977
27. Alligator > Caution - Los Angeles, CA, Shrine Auditorium 11/10/1967
28. Hell in a Bucket > Don’t Ease Me In - Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Performing Arts Center 6/27/1985
29. Scarlet > Fire - Troy, NY, Field House - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 5/7/1978
30. Bird Song - Hollywood, CA, Hollywood Palladium 9/10/1972
and thanks again to all. i already posted a bit of my gratitude here earlier, but just wanna say that DeadReckoning said it beautifully again for me.
"without love in a dream ..."
It is: "Without love in the dream…."
i also prefer chronological, listening to the sound develop thru the years.
I take the songs and put in the comments section
YYYY-MM-DD-Set order number- Location- Venue
1972-08-27-14 Veneta, OR Old Renaissance Faire Grounds
Then sort my songs by comments to get the chronological order for all songs- Includes Box sets, GD releases including breaking out bonus and filler songs into their proper sequence.
On Some of the releases, I have gone to the archives and added the missing songs.
Thanks! It never dawned on me to format the date in the comments sections to utilize it for sorting. Brilliant :)
Of The Year!!
Sorry to see it go
Sisters & Brothers,
Let's all reflect on the reasons for the season.
Peace & Love,
So, I am curious as to who the grand prize winner is.
Most grateful for the downloads, especially the Alligator>Caution!
.......blow you safely home.
Deepest gratitude to everyone for keeping this music and the spirit alive. Gratefulness to the band, archivist's, those who have moved on and those who are still here. And thank you to the tribe for all your beauty. It warms my heart to read your comments and be reminded again that this family is one that endures.
Love will see us through. Aho
Thanks for the tunes!!!
Thanks to the Grateful Dead & DeadNet crew once again for the FreeBee D/L's and the guessing game. No other Band / website does anything even close to this for their fans.
30Days x 4yrs = 122 FreeBee's....Priceless!
Happy Holidays !
P.S. Sorry, I forgot about Phish Live Bait Vol.1~9.
30 Days Of Dead is still cooler.
Thank you Mr. Lemieux and Mr. Norman. Another fine and generous November.
You are the best!
I have collected the past 4 years' worth of these gifts, and can't tell you how much I appreciate them. You are doing Jerry proud!
And a Happy New Year to You and everyone else!
Another great month of music!! Thanks so much for doing this! I found all kinds of good music because of this!!
I'll also say that there were a few that stumped me this year!! That didn't happen last year!!! Pretty fun month hanging with you all!!
Seriously. Thank you. It was a great year. I missed two this year so I must be gettin old.
It's my 3rd year of 30 days and I just wanted to say Thank You, Thank You and Thank You.....for a real good time.
just curious about how many participants compete daily. It's always fun and challenging and definitely turned me on to some shows I have overlooked. For an extra added attraction I would still suggest bringing back the daily prizes. Happy Holidays.
$300+ for shipping alone.
Been wondering - is the contest 30 winners, one grand prize winner or both?
Wooohoooo! When I submitted my pick, I had an intuitive thought that I might win! How sweet it is. This has surely been another awesome 30 Days, and thanks to Dead.Net!!!!!
Thank you very much for the 30 days tunes. Always look forward to it. Thanks for the effort and gift of music.
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014 Dave!
Thanks for all the tunes, and the fun to see what would be next each day (and where/when the previous day was).... Can't believe it went by so fast!
Thanks especially for the vintage stuff (Alligator/Caution, That's It For the Other One, & Cream Puff War)....and the sweet final song.
First year participating and enjoyed every second of it. A great bird song to sing us back home. Stay kind my friends
Thank you for a really goodtime! Still looking for Birdsong! Y'all have a Grateful holiday season. yetay
Man, what a bitter sweet last entry. Such a beautiful version of a beautiful song. I'm going to miss the songs everyday and all the discussions with everyone. It's been tons of fun and such a great way to start the colder months ahead. I look forward to next years run. I learn so much every year and discover new shows I would have never thought to check out. Jerry passed on when I was only 17, so I never got to experience the scene with him around. I have seen the rest of the boys in many variations all over the country, and though it's changed since those days the spirit carries on still. It was ever changing and evolving from the begging anyway. As long as we continue to love one another and share the music, it will remain to prove its "Built to Last"!!!!
This is just a lot of fun--what a great way to get turned onto shows you have overlooked or forgotten. Thanks to David and the dead.net crew for this great annual ritual.
Thanks for doing this. Really enjoy it every year.
And saw Jerry
And was he playing in the Exhibition Hall or the Auditorium?
Playin in the band.
I live in northern vermont and the november days are cold and dark. Thanks to you all-GD staff and deadhead family the last 4 novembers have been filled with wonder and magic! I get up very day looking foreword to the song and the game! Incredible how this music lives, thrives, sustains and uplifts as we head towards 2014!
Once again, the month of November has been brightened with the super music shown our way. I guess it is back to crossword puzzles for me.
One suggestion - Bird Song should ideally be the Thanksgiving Day song every year. My regrets to all those vegans out there.
Thank you for a real good time and see you in a little bit.
Thanks, Dave, for all the love and music. Encore!?!
Tracks 21>30 are all 192kbps. Just me? Is there a 320kbps version of these.
i got 320 of all except days 26, 28, 29 & 30. they are 192; the rest i grabbed as 320