• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • chasmo
    Default Avatar
    this vine is on its way to jacksonville. get ready stuman. have a great time everyone,peace.
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    I'm guessing it'll sound even better. I'm in. 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 11. stuman 12. shermand 13. That Nice Hippy Guy 14. joneb 15. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 16. MarkintheDark
  • chasmo
    Default Avatar
    got this vine from pkpotter thank you. will be off to stuman by friday. have a great time and peace.
  • pkpotter
    Off to Chasmo monday 8\4. peace,pk
  • pkpotter
    These are ready to go. Just your address chasmo. Thanks tommo for these, they are excellent. peace,pk
  • pkpotter
    All of a sudden winamp is working ,I think. Five minutes ago I looked on the floor and lo and behold there was a note from you on the back of an address label with instructions! Got TLH downloaded now and was trying to figure out the decode thing. Should get it now. Thanks very much for the help Dead. Will get this back out very soon.
  • Dead in MA
    Default Avatar
    PK Potter- I had problems with the winamp too so I tracked down an app called Traders Little Helper and it worked like a charm. I think I put instructions in the envelope but if not: google "traders little helper" (maybe with no spaces), a link to cdead.com should be at or near the top, select it, download "traders little helper", once installed slecet the "decode file" tab, select all of the flac files from your directory, and then let it works it's magic, it takes a few minutes to get through. Hoep this helps.
  • pkpotter
    I got this but had some trouble last night trying to convert flac to wave with my winamp.Trying some new software tonite. It worked fine last time I did flac disc. I will get it out soon. Probably be able to just copy them and get them out to chasmo. I will need your address chasmo. Thanks again tommo, very much appreciated. peace,pk
  • Ursa Minor
    1. sakparadise2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 11. stuman 12. shermand 13. That Nice Hippy Guy 14. joneb 15. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) I wish that for just one time, You could stand inside my shoes, and for just that one moment, I could be you - Bob Dylan, Positively 4th St.
  • Dead in MA
    Default Avatar
    ....to pkpotter wither today or tomorrow. Tremendous quality on this one. Enjoy.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.