• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Tommo
    To Uncle Jon in today's mail. sakaparadise has had it for six weeks now, so...Also mailed Kim's special bedrest edition today, so she won't have to deal with forwarding. -Tommo
  • Tommo
    Best wishes on your huge endeavor- It's great that you're having twins- that way they can help each other so there's less work for you, right? I have a Cal Expo 1989 set for you all ready to go, but I need your address. Also, I mailed the vine to sakparadise almost 6 weeks ago, and he apparently still has it, so I'm re-seeding to UncleJon to keep it from dying. Sakparadise has several vines stalled at the moment, and is not responding to contact attempts...-Tommo
  • kim
    hey guys, i got put on bed rest due to a high risk pregnancy and am not allowed to drive, shop, do anything, but rest so I am going to have to take my name off this vine. it would be hard for me to commit to getting this in and out in a timely fashion right now. although i really really really really want these shows ( was there and have very very vivid memories of some crazy shit), i dont think it would be fair to take this on right now. (of course, anyone that wants to copy and send to me would be most GRATEFUL) 1. sakparadise 2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.]
  • chasmo
    Default Avatar
    1. sakparadise2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 5. kim 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.]
  • sakparadise
    Default Avatar
    Ok, this one is in flac and I did not know about downloading any software to convert this until I read the previous post. This vine, along with the Zeppelin vine is being converted into audio cds by a friend of mine. He owns a computer store and I should have this vine along with the Zeppelin vine back and gone by the end of next week.
  • Tommo
    What you do is copy the latest version of the list (in this case, it's just above your post), and paste it into a new message. Then add your user name as #9 and send a Private Message (PM) to the person ahead of you on the list (in this case Dead in MA) by scrolling up to their post and clicking on their user name in red, which takes you to their Member Profile Page, where you scroll down to "Send Private Message". Put "Cal Expo 1989 Vine" in the subject line and write a brief message saying hey and telling them where to mail it. Then check back here every so often for updates and post an update when you receive it. You make copies of the shows for yourself and send the original discs on to the next person on the list. These discs are in FLAC format, which is easily converted to WAV using free software you can find by Googling "FLAC". I have done the list part for you, like so... 1. sakparadise 2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 5. kim 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter So now just contact Dead in MA, and sit back and wait! Enjoy, -Tommo
  • pkpotter
    Would love to get in on this but not sure how the vine works. Help on the way? Thank you!
  • Dead in MA
    Default Avatar
    1. sakparadise 2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 5. kim 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA
  • gdhead77
    1. sakparadise 2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 5. kim 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77)
  • DaveC
    Default Avatar
    1. sakparadise2. UncleJon 3. reedchris 4. operator 5. kim 6. DaveC
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.