• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Arkdeadhead
    I'll take it 19. pkpotter 20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH 22. dstache 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)
  • dstache
    19. pkpotter20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH 22. dstache
  • PAPPYPGH
    Is there ANY chance of getting these on CD? I don't have enough space for the FLAC stuff. But I'd LOVE to get this run!!! 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 11. stuman 12. shermand 13. That Nice Hippy Guy 14. joneb 15. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 16. MarkintheDark 17. Estim8ed 18. Oroboros 19. pkpotter 20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH ~ Pappy http://www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
  • stephen in PA
  • stephen in PA
    Do not miss this Leave it if you dare...
  • stephen in PA
    am I the bottom of the list again or the beginning? Sign up to be next! Leave it if you dare...
  • pkpotter
    This will be out to stephen in PA as soon as I get the address. thanks for the 2nd time tommo. Files are safe and sound now ;) Cal Expo!!!! peace,pk
  • Oroboros
    today. Thanks for all the offers of help. I do struggle with this for some reason. Fried synapses, I guess. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • Tommo
    I can help you with FLAC. Several pages back on this vine I posted a few paragraphs on how to FLAC, and I'm PM'ing you my digits in case you need one-on-one help. This was the first vine I started, and at the time I just assumed that, as with downloading and bit torrenting, FLAC and SHN would be the universal language. I was really surprised to find out how many people are trading without them, because they make things soooo much easier ! For example, the April 1971 vine contains every single Grateful Dead concert from the entire month, and I had it back in the envelope and ready to forward less than a half hour after I opened it ! Also, CD's that have been burned on a computer are not permanent- they go bad after a few years, so having your master files on your computer (and backed up) makes good sense. FLAC and SHN files are full CD quality, along with text files for every show, in just over half the file size of CD audio, and giant hard drives are very cheap these days. For the techno-challenged, most of the external drives currently available are plug and play- just plug them in, let your computer automatically find and install it, and off you go ! Anyway, I will make sure anyone who needs help with this FLAC-only vine succeeds, just let me know. -Tommo
  • stephen in PA
    6. DaveC7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 11. stuman 12. shermand 13. That Nice Hippy Guy 14. joneb 15. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 16. MarkintheDark 17. Estim8ed 18. Oroboros 19. pkpotter 20. stephen in PA Leave it if you dare...
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.