• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • RaymondMBrown
    I tag onto the back of this vine! Thanks! 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate 30. RaymondMBrown
  • RamseyRamsgate
    Default Avatar
    23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate
  • sweetthang
    Default Avatar
    Hello all I still have these CDs for the 89 CalExpo vine if anyone would like them just send me a PM & I'll send them out.Thanks, Sweetthang
  • JackstrawfromC…
    To sweetthang. Whew! I had to drive through a blizzard to get to the post office... "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Just got this today. Will post when they are ready. Have a grate weekend folks! "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
  • Dead Man Telli…
    I took the disc to a windows machine and was able to put the file on a flash drive. This vine is now on its way to Grateful Dad. Cheers all
  • Dead Man Telli…
    I have this and am just about finished converting
    I ran into a problem with this file: gd89-08-06d3t01 (man smart...) My computer cannot handle it. It will not convert - it will not even copy onto my computer. I will send this off to OneGratefulDad as soon as I get his addy, but I would like to get the missing file somehow. If someone could send it to me, or post a place where I can download it that would be great. I can handle almost any file format except mp3. PM me if you need my email address. DMTT
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    got it saturday...sent 'dead man telling tales' an address request....it's in FLAC...will convert if i can acquire a converter...will mail as soon as i have an address. "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    It's still in FLAC format...if i can acquire a program i'll get it converted to audio CD's and mailed as soon as i get "dead man telling tales" address...I just sent him a PMpeace "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
  • sweetthang
    Default Avatar
    23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.