Grateful Dead

36 replies [Last post]
marye's picture

started by dstache

Another Flash Drive vine. I'd like to get the Flash Drive back when the vine runs its course so please be responsible. The drive contains the remaining shows from 1983 (11/27-12/13) and 1976 through 7/9 (but not including the officially released 5/21). This should be a good one and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
dstache's picture
suggestions

Good suggestions, JRP! There is a vine request thread that is sticky posted at the top but no one has used it since December. I agree that is people want shows they should post there and I'm sure people would be willing to help/revive vines.

I received a flash drive so I will post a new JGB vine soon. I am working on a big trade right now so I need to finish that first.

Suggestions?

Hey dstache, thanks for keeping that guttering flame alive! I have not been checking in that often, but the vines really seem to have withered and died lately, with the exception of the work that you and one or two others have been doing. I have a few ideas, but first a question. Sometimes great vines die or go missing while the material in them should be available to others just coming to the site. So one suggestion would be to post a list of extinct or semi-extinct vines and get volunteers to revive them. I would certainly help as I could. Otherwise, starting new vines containing some previously vined material might work. That seems to be a no-no here, but in some cases refreshing and recreating can be a good thing, especially when a vine has been dead for 4-5 years. Another suggestion - I have always concentrated on '68-'81 as I suspect many of us do. The performance quality and recording of other eras is more uneven to my ear. But there are many great shows and moments that fall outside those years, and maybe a series of "compendium-picks" style vine (one for each year) would be a good way to present that material on the vines (leaving off material that has seen official release of course). Just some thoughts, and I am willing to help out however I can.

dstache's picture
suggestions

Any requests/suggestions for the next vine?

It's A Wrap

This one's run it's course. Jump drive is headed back to Dstache.
Thanks again man!!

Update

Got this one today! It goes back to Dstache from here.

iGrateful's picture
10. iGrateful (In ... copied

10. iGrateful (In ... copied 5/7... ready for GDTRFB909!!)
11. GDTRFB909
12. Estim8ed

Sorry for the delay!
iGrateful

dstache's picture
?

Where is this vine? I need the Flash back so I can post the next JGB vine. Thanks!

I'm In

9. zachdini (OUT 3/28)
10. iGrateful
11. GDTRFB909
12. Estim8ed

Thanks!

Just sent this out today. I apologize, though. iGrateful sent me a PM with his address and I didn't think to check the thread to see who was next. Sorry about that. Hopefully it's not too much of an inconvenience.

9. zachdini (OUT 3/28)
10. iGrateful
11. GDTRFB909

Still have this... not lost

Hey guys, I've been waiting for someone to PM me their address to send this vine to. It's still here safe with me. Just wanted to let you guys know it's not lost. If the last call is up, Marye will send me a PM to send it back to him.

If someone wants it, let me know!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
JGB 1976 Part 1 + Remainder of 1983 Vine