Grateful Dead

Summer Fests 2010--Furthur and Beyond

By request--a place to talk about our plans to hit the road and pitch the tent in the quest for great tunes.

Furthur's playing a lot of fests this year, and so are lots of other bands and artists we know and love. Talk about it all here, as Furthur Fest is just around the corner!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Locations

3740 J Street
Lincoln, NE 68510
United States
My wife and I lucked out with the Red Rocks sale this morning.

You know, many years ago Mary and I went together to the Grateful Dead's first Red Rocks shows in 1978.
This summer we will celebrate our 30th wedding aniversary, and we will now will have an additional celebration at the Rocks with Furthur (and friends) in September. What a gift!!

"she's my summer love in the spring, fall, and winter..."
And now more than ever ;o}

The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.

Locations

272 Bedford Street
Stamford, CT 06901
United States
41° 3' 26.8344" N, 73° 32' 16.8252" W
Not a festival, but...

http://avontheatre.org/special_events.html#jun17

The Avon Theatre’s Cult Classics Series presents

THE GRATEFUL DEAD

Rare Clips and Concerts 1960’s – 1980’s

Hosted by guest speaker Bill Shelley (Shelley Archives)

Thursday, June 17

Special Showtime - 8:00pm

Carte Blanche – FREE / Members - $6 / Students/Seniors - $8 / Nonmembers - $10

No Grateful Dead fan will want to miss this amazing program of rare performances…

The Grateful Dead were San Francisco’s original psychedelic band from their premiere heyday of 1967 to the untimely death of their leader Jerry Garcia in 1995. Their concerts were musically famous for their long musical jams and legendary caravan of followers. But what was more important was the sensational array of music they created. Shelley Archives Inc has un-earthed from its vaults some of the Grateful Dead’s finest and rarest performances, promotional films, rehearsal footage, and concerts made all around the world. You don’t have to be a true Dead Head to love the music of this band as they perform “Truckin,” “Uncle John’s Band,” “Casey Jones,” “Sugar Magnolia,” “Scarlet Begonias,” “Ripple,” “St. Stephen,” “Sugarfree,” “Friend of the Devil,” “Bertha,” to “Touch of Grey,” with some surprises thrown in between.

ABOUT BILL SHELLEY/SHELLEY ARCHIVES: As a filmmaker, William Shelley has been shooting professionally since the 1970’s when he captured on film and video bands such as The Stray Cats, Twisted Sister, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts playing in small bars and clubs before they became famous. Shelley later associated with rap group Public Enemy (PE), then known as Spectrum City, going on to direct a number of their videos and become an honorary member of PE’s African American Media Network cable television studio.

Shelley Archives Inc. was started in 1985. After working with Readers Digest Entertainment in 1990, the company’s end product was nominated for an Emmy in 1993 for the three part series “Legends of Comedy.” The program was broadcast on the Disney cable network, and home video sales exceeded a record breaking one million copies sold. Today the company has over 100,000 reels of original 35mm and 16mm films in its archive and over 10,000 hours of rare concerts, television shows (from Europe & USA), promos, interviews, out-takes, and home movies, from a wide-ranging variety of subjects. The company has licensed them to numerous documentary and commercial projects throughout the world. Preservation of films and music clips is a main focus of the organization, as well as the desire to compensate the artists.

The music continues this summer…
PINK FLOYD: 1966 – 1975 – Thursday, July 15 – 8pm
LED ZEPPELIN: 1968 – 1980 – Thursday, August 12 – 8pm

JackstrawfromColorado's picture

Locations

CO
United States
Password

Is 'SHAKEDOWN' but they are probably sold out by now.

"Lazy lightning you say you never strike the same place. I want a double dose in any case" ... "You got to hear my supplication. Got to hear me now. A little bolt of inspiration"

Canyon Critter's picture

Chicago
United States
I think the Password is:

tickets

from what I heard ;-)

Locations

oakalnd, CA
United States
37° 48' 15.7392" N, 122° 16' 14.8908" W
the presale for red rocks is

the presale for red rocks is tomorrow. anyone know what the password is? thanks.

JackstrawfromColorado's picture

Locations

CO
United States
Maybe just maybe

They could stop somewhere in the vicinity of Colorado on their way from CT to SF??

Hey you know, there is this tiny little inconspicuous amphitheatre in Morrison made out of beautiful red rocks that would be the perfect setting for a Furthur run. I just checked the schedule and there are some openings between 7/31 and 8/14 but they are filling up fast. Bobby could even reunite with his old buddy Jay Lane who is playing with Primus on 8/12.

Come on let's do this!!

"Lazy lightning you say you never strike the same place. I want a double dose in any case ... You got to hear my supplication. Got to hear me now. A little bolt of inspiration"

marye's picture

Locations

Oakland, CA
United States
that should be LOTS of fun!

even my geriatric self is somewhat tempted!

Rip

Locations

United States
Outsidelands.....

Featuring Furthur on August 14-15.

marye's picture

Locations

Oakland, CA
United States
no idea

but that would certainly be a scene...

Locations

Further in SF at GG Park?

Recently read some scuttlebutt bout Further playing Outside Lands, any truth to the rumor?

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Summer Fests 2010--Furthur and Beyond