Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jonapi (not verified)
Brrng-brrng, brrng-brrng. "Phone call for Mr. Bigot."

The News never ceases to amaze me.

Another excuse, thanks to that terrible tragedy in Norway, to blow hot air about "multiculturalism" and it's apparent failings.
David Cameron and Angela Merkel say it's failed; it just doesn't work. Lazy journalistic reports of the rise of the right-wing in Netherlands, Denmark, Finland; Close The Borders! Immigrants Out!
Did that Norwegian fool have links to the English Defense League in the UK? Does anyone care? Does it really matter?

Funny that, Mr. Cameron; i look outside my window and then creep fearfully around the corner and.....oh, we're getting along just fine, thank you very much. What a relief!
London, especially, has a great history of different cultures getting along like the proverbial house on fire (not due to petrol bomb thrown by the way).
Polish, Jewish, Afro-Carribean, Indian, Turkish, Chinese, Tamil, English all enjoying each other's company and sharing ideas, food, art; exchanging laughs and handshakes, better someone who is black, yellow, brown or any other colour moving in next door than a fellow Englishman. Far less trouble.
True, plenty of difficulties have arisen; the odd riot here and there, some racism, certain individuals and families made to feel very unwelcome. Some may have never gotten over it and that breaks my heart.
But on the whole, we get along. Until that is the newspapers, new stations and other idiots decide to stir shit up, rubbing their grubby little hands with glee.
Yes, Mr. Cameron, multiculturalism DOES work. It works just fine until people like you bring up minor differences and apply them with broader and broader brushstrokes to the country at large. Keeps you from working for your pay, doesn't it? Heaven forbid you actually have to DO something. Get on the pulpit, toss out casual remarks then stand back and retire to the comfort of sycophants and watch it burn.

You do not speak for me or the country as a whole. You speak for yourself. In fact, you'll speak for anyone, anytime, anywhere; tell 'em what they want to hear and by the way, who has the largest cheque book? Fantastic, let's talk...

There is a minority of people taking things to the extremes and there always will be. Will the recent killings in Norway trigger copycat behaviour? No, i doubt it. It may do if you keep fucking going on about it though.

Is anyone else surprised at the distinct lack of reportage about the guy being a Freemason? A full scale investigation into the various Masonic Lodges, not just in Norway, but across Europe and the U.S. would seem to be in order.

Huh, huh, yeah, right, ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonapi (not verified)
hoot, chunky, but two.

eight and a half minutes...

last shuttle landing:
stomach pit and the congregation cheers. silver dust high; liquid heat and billowing disperse. four-bolt intensity and last call for the platform guys.
rapid drop a thousand times and counting; ten feet exclusion for a quarantine Mind. external cocoon against eleventh-hour stall; walrus check and a ribbon on the key.
last check for four Always!
weight dropped from the throttle passed. Smiles.

hands+provisions passed; eight days until the curtain falls.
Learn your Maths! Learn your Science!

Revolutionise the tragedy.
Titus-reduced, thirty-three years; waxed and ready to seek.
adrenaline for others but business for me.
four around a table; three years old - indifference; five years old - laugh; relationship - relief.

I Fly On Gliding Splinters.

It's come to a Final Stop.

Welcome Deep Space.....................................................................................

without love day to day insanity's king...

...no matter what you think. Wouldn't want to carry that weight, peace and healing to all.

lamagonzo (not verified)
Shock & Awe in Oslo

One man kills over 80 people. Oslo streets are shredded worst since WWII by one native Norwegian who then takes a machine gun to kids on an island camp-out?

I agree with Linder, prayers, healing vibes to that nation.

Linder's picture
Galaxies of healing rays

to Oslo and anyone who is suffering from losing a loved one or two.

marye's picture
Oslo

yeah TL, really bad. In NORWAY. Sheesh!!

mountainjam28's picture
haha

The pastry violence must stop... I'd hate to see a day where pastries are banned in any country...

TigerLilly's picture
Good vibes to Oslo

And hopes that no one was hurt, and that cleaning up the bomb chaos goes well. Also that they figure out very fast who did it.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

well

I did hear she used to be a good volleyball player.

marye's picture
trophy wife

displays unexpected versatility...

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events