• 99 replies
    marye
    started by Tommo Grateful Dead The Los Angeles (Great Western) Forum 2/12/89 (with very special guests) 12/8/89 Both shows are high quality soundboards, with more audience in the mix than most SB's, so they sound very "live". They are not matrixed- my guess is that the audience was mic'd and mixed into the recorder feed. 1 DVD data disc with FLAC files, and 5 audio CD's. known flaws: 2/12/89: The tape oversaturates a little when the Kodo Drummers are going full blast, and there is a very brief total dropout near the end of "Not Fade Away". 12/8/89: Smoothly patched with a very nice audience recording in 2 places, as noted below. Otherwise both recordings are just exactly perfect. Thank you Charlie Miller. special guests for 2/12/89 show (in order of appearance): Spencer Davis (guitar & vocal - 2 songs first set) Bob Dylan (guitar - most of 2nd set, & vocals on 1.5 songs) The Kodo Drummers (Drums segment) The 2/12 show was the only Grateful Dead concert where I was right

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • radtek
    17. Island Girl18. JohnRParker5 (IN 3/8, OUT 3/12) 19. radtek In 3-15, who's next. Please post here and pm me with address.
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    17. Island Girl18. JohnRParker5 (IN 3/8, OUT 3/12) 19. radtek
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    17. Island Girl IN 2/28>OUT 3/2 18. JohnRParker5 19. radtek
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    and have it out by weeks end. Thanks Hunter!!16. Hunter Out 2/17 17. Island Girl IN 2/28 18. JohnRParker5 19. radtek
  • radtek
    16. Hunter Out 2/1717. Island Girl 18. JohnRParker5 19. radtek
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Got lots of stuff to keep me busy, but thanks for posting about this.
  • Hunter
    My apolgies to John. I did not realize he had signed up for this and I recently sent this Vine to Island Girl. I've moved the list around to reflect the change. Island Girl has promised to send this one on asap! Again, sorry for screwing this one up! 15. sportzfreak260 in 6/29 16. Hunter OUT 2/17 17. Island Girl 18. JohnRParker5 19.
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    15. sportzfreak260 in 6/2916. Hunter 17. JohnRParker5 19. 20.
  • Hunter
    13. TheNuthatch > out 5/2714. ADAWGWYO in 5/31 >> out 6/27 15. sportzfreak260 in 6/29 16. Hunter 17.
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    13. TheNuthatch > out 5/2714. ADAWGWYO in 5/31 >> out 6/27 15. sportzfreak260 in 6/29 16. 17.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by Tommo Grateful Dead The Los Angeles (Great Western) Forum 2/12/89 (with very special guests) 12/8/89 Both shows are high quality soundboards, with more audience in the mix than most SB's, so they sound very "live". They are not matrixed- my guess is that the audience was mic'd and mixed into the recorder feed. 1 DVD data disc with FLAC files, and 5 audio CD's. known flaws: 2/12/89: The tape oversaturates a little when the Kodo Drummers are going full blast, and there is a very brief total dropout near the end of "Not Fade Away". 12/8/89: Smoothly patched with a very nice audience recording in 2 places, as noted below. Otherwise both recordings are just exactly perfect. Thank you Charlie Miller. special guests for 2/12/89 show (in order of appearance): Spencer Davis (guitar & vocal - 2 songs first set) Bob Dylan (guitar - most of 2nd set, & vocals on 1.5 songs) The Kodo Drummers (Drums segment) The 2/12 show was the only Grateful Dead concert where I was right
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.joneb 3.stuman
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thank you once again Tommo 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

did you forget something Hal ? pcpc..On July 15th, 2008 Hal R said: Thank you once again Tommo 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R got it for you .. Have a beutiful day everyone !!
user picture

Member for

16 years

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

for making sure my name got on this If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture

Member for

16 years

This sounds interesting & charlie miller has a great reputation 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8.erickat
user picture

Member for

16 years

Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval. (again) 3:04 pm 7/15/20081.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

On July 15th, 2008 chasmo said: 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat (not able to post at the moment)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thanks for setting Hal R up,I missed that. Didn't mean to butt in there. peace,pk
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat (not able to post at the moment 9. reedchris
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

This one will be on its way to joneb tommorow (7-15) Thanks Tommo, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

off to the stuman...sat morningThanks... Peace.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

will be out in tomorows mail ,,, off to pkpotter ....Thank you everyone ... peace .. Happy vinning !!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat (not able to post at the moment 9. reedchris 10. Unclejon
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thanks stuman.Will be off to Hal R tomorroww! Could you send me your address Hal R? peace,pk
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I have your address Hal R, sorry. Out tomorroww.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

on to toddsnc on Mondayhaven't been here much but am now moving them on, thanks everyone for the vine If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Gotta love the Dead+Dylan+Drummers 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat (not able to post at the moment 9. reedchris 10. Unclejon 11. MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

Gotta love the Dead+Dylan+Drummers 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat (not able to post at the moment 9. reedchris 10. Unclejon 11. MarkintheDark 12. Estim8ed
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

got this vine from toddsnc,thank you. will blast it off by friday to next person. have a great life,peace.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.joneb 3.stuman 4.pkpotter 5.Hal R 6.toddsnc 7.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 8 erickat (not able to post at the moment 9. reedchris 10. Unclejon 11. MarkintheDark 12. Estim8ed 13. fatdad82 (jstaton82@yahoo.com)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

this vine is on the way to erikat. have a great day,peace.
user picture

Member for

16 years

or something like that - anyway, this was waiting for me when I got home tonight - i'll post again after it's on its way to our movie mogul (to be) friend, Chris (usually next day)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hi, I received the 2/Forum/89 vine over the weekend, and it looks like the first disc of the first show is damaged (there's a scratched spot near the edge of the disc you can see through) - Nero keeps whining about unrecoverable read errors or some crap. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and generate a new disc one out of the FLAC backup DVDs and then mail the thing along to Estim8ed. Just so y'all know Mark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hi, Sent this vine on to Estim8ed today. I generated a new CD to replace the bad first disc for the 2/12 show using the flac DVD, the old bad disc is still in the package so watch out. Sorry about the delay. Enjoy! MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

Got this one yesterday, got it ready to go. Sending to fatdad82 tomorrow. As always a big thanks to all involved in the vine!!!Peace
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Hopefully FatDad got it and is ready to forward to whoever signs up next!-Tommo
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I'm afraid this vine is lost. ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Sorry it took me so long to notice that this vine has died. I started it, and want everyone who signs up to get it. I just PM'd boise83, who's the next (and only) person on the list who hasn't had their crack at it. If he still wants it I can send it right out, & if not, then how 'bout you? -Tommo 1. boise83 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

1. boise832. KINGCARGO.JB 3. 4. 5. 6.
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

5 audio CD's and a DVD with FLAC files as before. Boise did not respond to my PM and I read a post elsewhere saying they had to step out of vining for awhile, so it's on it's way to KINGCARGO in today's mail from California.-Tommo
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

If so, can I get a shot? 1. boise83 2. KINGCARGO.JB 3. Ice Creme Kid 4. 5. 6.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

Waiting for the Ice Cream Kid to pm me his/her address and it will be on its way.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

to the Ice Cream Kid this afternoon / tomorrow morning.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Cheers peoples received today from kingcargo and out the door to klanz enjoy!!!
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Thank you!! 1. boise83 2. KINGCARGO.JB 3. Ice Creme Kid 4. klanz 5.RaymondMBrown
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

I still have not recieved this vine.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Still nothing. I PM'd Ice Cream Kid to let him know.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Thank you ICK for the re-seed. Someone somewhere is rocking to the first one you sent. Got it and will send out ASAP. PM to Ray Brown. Will update when it goes.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

On it's way to Ray today 6/30.
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Copied and ready to go.... Thanks Klanz! Thanks Tommo!! Who is next!!?? Raymond 1. boise83 2. KINGCARGO.JB 3. Ice Creme Kid 4. klanz 5.RaymondMBrown IN 7/2 ...OUT ??
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Great year yes sir! 1. boise83 2. KINGCARGO.JB 3. Ice Creme Kid 4. klanz 5.RaymondMBrown IN 7/2 ...OUT ?? 6. JackstrawfromColorado "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."