• 1,335 replies
    marye
    Got ideas for how things should be run differently in the Vineyard? Improvements? Suggestions? Brainstorms? Truckloads of fertilizer? Post here.,On the floor at MSG... one perfect song after another...and we were beyond elated with disbelief and gratitude. This was truely a fantasy set list and, in my opinion, the best of my 8 show run.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Any recommendations for MP3 to WAV conversion software?? "Escaping through the lily fields, I came across an empty space. It rainbow then exploded, left a bus stop in its place. The bus come by and I got on, thats when it all began. It was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land"
  • dstache
    Sorry about that, fluff. It was LoneStarDarkStar. Looks like he mailed them out sometime after 5/19, Tommo received them, and that Tommo mailed it out after I did my research. Just a little lack of communication there. It had been 3 weeks since there was any apparent movement on that vine so I noted it. But all is well and that vine is continuing to spread.
  • pomo1
    I have already re-seeded More May 77. I will also re-seed one of MitD's stalled vines, Maples Pavillion 2/9/73 (a great show IMHO) and also Lewiston, Maine, 9/6/80, to get things started. Give me a few days to figure out who is next and to PM for addresses. "One watch by night, one watch by day If you get confused, listen to the music play"
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    (I) Northern New England Wish List: on 5/19 fluffhead420 said he would PM Tommo for his address. Estim8ed was after Tommo. No word. "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
  • pomo1
    thanks again and congratulations on the proper use of the word "perusal." After an exhaustive, and exhausting, perusal of all the Grateful Dead and JGB (and LOM, and Recon, etc) vines, but NOT vines for other bands or even the current incarnation of the boys, here is what I have: (1) For all the trouble we seem to be having, this is an AWESOME place. The MAJORITY of vines are either still alive or have died a natural death, i.e., the last person on the list received it and no one signed up after. My collection has grown by leaps and bounds because of the vineyard. Let's be grateful for what we have. It reminds me of the saying that democracy is the worst form of government, except for every other kind. Sure, we have problems, but all in all this may be the best place for Heads on the internet. (2) Communication is the key. Going through the vines, I noticed the lack of communication. It is difficult to figure out on some of them where the vine died. Post often, post when you receive the vine, post when you mail it out and to whom mailed it. (3) Although I initially disagreed with the recommendation, I now agree that we should PM the person after us, both to confirm they are still active and their address. (4) Emergencies happen. We need to be patient with that. Just let us know and we will be. As we all know, Hal has a family illness. He has a few vines and I am sure we all want him to take whatever time he needs. (5) As I said, sometimes it isn't clear, but when your name appears numerous times it is tough to give you the benefit of the doubt. For example, if 3 different people say they mailed you 3 different vines, and none of the vines turn up again, it is difficult to blame the mail (it DOES happen, but NOT to the same person that many times). (6) The bad guys. No doubt about these characters. They are the Bermuda Triangle of viners. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MORE VINES UNTIL THEY CLEAR THINGS UP WITH THE COMMUNITY. Do not just send them a PM and ask if they are active; they have caused too many vines to disappear for that. They are vine killers. They have killed before, and they will kill again. (a) Chinacat503 appears to have killed at least 3 vines (Nov 72, Eurovines # 4 & # 5). (b) Markinthedark, once a great viner, appears to have absconded with at least 6 vines (KPFA, Maples 2/9/73, Flac Me Flac You, 12/27/77, Early Stuff Vol 1, 3 and Augusta 10/12/84); (c) gratefulmikes appears to have killed at least 8 vines (funiculi funicula, 93 by request, Legion of Mary, Winterland June 77, NYE 83, Summer 82, Greek 84 and LOM Mystery). NOTE THAT he is signed up to soon receive Europe 74 so heads up birdsong1969nj and Jimbo (unclear who has it right now)!!!! He may also have killed Red Rocks 9/8/83 (or Deadhead Ben never sent it to him) (d) Day Glo Louisville appears to have killed at least 4 vines (Eurovine Acoustic, Garcia/Saunders 73, March 28,31/73, Jerry solo 4/10/82). He is also an interesting person in the Garcia Party disappearance; (e) j.straw (NOT to be confused with jackstrawfromcolorado) seems to have disappeared with at least 5vines (Lewiston 9/6/80, Beacon 6/14/76, Fox 85, 3 from 82 and Hampton 89 reseed) (f) canyon critter seems to have killed at least 4 vines (Acid Test, 1985 vine, History Buffs, and Fillmore East 9/20/70); (g) PAPPYPGH appears to have killed at least 3 vines (Hampton/Harrisburg...84, 2/17/82, JGB 1977 Part 2, Silver Stadium 6/30/88), not to mention the Fall 79 Part 1.5 Rhino fiasco (either Pappy or Solix killed this one, tough to tell who). Pappy also should have recently received the Spring 88 parts 1 and 2 vines (Stephen in PA sent them on 5/28). Finally, he is up soon on More May 77 and JGB Keystone 12/21/79 (DON'T SEND THEM TO HIM!!!!) (7) Guys who have a little explaining to do. I am not sure here whether they have commited multiple vine slayings, or were just irepeatedly n the wrong place at the wrong time. These guys should explain to the community what happened before being welcomed back, but any old explanation will do. (a) Sakparadise is a suspect in at least 2 vine kills (Glen Falls 82, Fall 79 Part 2) and there are some questions about 2 other vines. Sakparadise posted on 4/29 that he would mail out the March 90 vine to Row Timmy. The vine has not been seen since. On 5/20 jackstrawfromcolorado, the good jack straw, posted the he would mail the Pink Floyd vine to sakparadise. That vine hasn't been seen since. It hasn't been that long for Pink Floyd (it was my vine, that is why I looked it up) so it may be ok, and Row Timmy has his issues so it may have been him on March 90. (b) Row Timmy was apparently involved in a couple of mysterious vine disappearances. March 90 discussed above and 3 from 75, which PKpotter said he mailed to Row Timmy on 9/12/08. (c) Brother Tom is suspected in 2 vine slayings. Solix said he mailed Cream Filling 73 to our holy friend. Brother Tom was the last person to receive Matrix Volume 1, and it wasn't until 2months later that anyone else signed up, but he doesn't seem to have passed it on. (d) Deadheadben seems to have slayed the infant Cleveland Convention Center 12/06/73, before it had much of a chance to travel the country. Either he or grateful mikes killed Red Rocks 9/8/83. And either he or Hard To Handle killed Sante Fe 83. (8) Guys who had minor hiccups [hopefully) (a) my friend Dave C was the last to have Early 69 (shoot, don’t know what volume this was, sorry) (posted 5/13) and should have received Early Stuff Vol 2 (unclejon posted on 5/20 that he mailed it out). Dave C posted that he had computer problems. I am sure he either sent these vines on and didn’t post (here, another call for communicating, post often) or is resolving his computer problems and will soon send them on. Ejjd is next on Early 69 and Jake R on Early Stuff Vol 2. (b) Darkstar1971 (aka Estimatedprophet 1971) rides the rails quite often. I think he is an engineer, the kind you think of when you are kid (a train engineer) but never meet. Hal posted on 3/19 that he mailed DarkStar1971 Fall 77 Part 2. No word since. DarkStar1971 was the last to have Orpheum 7/12/76, pisting on 4/20. Pomo1 is next for Orpheum. (9) Specific vines not mentioned above, many probably involved miscommunications. If you are involved here and can help resolve, please do. You don’t even need an excuse here, just a “I never got it” or “I sent it out” or even a “sorry” will suffice. (a) 3/28/81: Benny Jakes stalled this one for 3 months but eventually passed it on to On The Road Again, who apparently killed it. (b) Felt Forum 1971: greatfullygrateful was the last to post having it, said he had a family emergency, never posted having sent it on to Arkdeadhead. © Repatriation 1971: Fluffhead420 posted on 4/8/09. He was last in line. 3 weeks later Jake R and dpwstldeadfan signed up. No word on where this vine is. (d) Eurovine # 1: Dead Man Telling Tales posted on 4/20. He was last in line. Jake R and others signed up later. Now word on where this vine is. (e) Keith’s First Few Months: dpwstldeadfan posted on 5/6. Only Gr8tful Ted is signed up after. He may have received it and not posted. (f) Valentine’s Day: fluffhead420 posted on 3/9. He was last in line. Lord Monkey and Jake R signed up after. No word on where this vine is. (g) MSG 93 Part 2: Tommo posted on 3/24 that he sent it to Toddsnc. No word since. (h) Jai Alai 74: On 5/12 KingCargoJB posted that he mailed it to Emily J. Slimee is after her. No word since. (I) Northern New England Wish List: on 5/19 fluffhead420 said he would PM Tommo for his address. Estim8ed was after Tommo. No word. (j) 70 & 73: On ½ Estim8ed said he mailed it to Chasmo, who said he never received it. Probably lost in the mail. (k) BCT 86: on 4/13 ark deadhead posted that he would mail to Pkpotter. No word. (l) Little Bit of Jerry: on 4/14 Long Rifle posted that he had it. OneGratefulDad and Fleaflicker were next. No word. (m) 5 Garcia shows: on 5/21 cacthim hickory matt (or something like that) posted that he got them. Fleaflicker and Space Otter were next. No word. (n) Dead/NRPS 1970: on 5/5 birdsong1969nj said he would mail out to test4965. No word. (o) Pigpen Shotgun: on 5/8 Phat Moye said he would mail out to Jake R. Da roach was after that. No word. (p) Brent’s Last show video: lost in mail btwn gadeadhead and JimmyC (q) More May 77: on 5/28 Pomo1 posted he would reseed to Larry Here. PAPPY IS NEXT. LARRY HERE SKIP PAPPY!!!! ® More Mary: on 1/23, rambleinbearisgrateful posted that he mailed to Tommo. Stuman, then bearisgrateful were next. No word. Lost in mail? (s) Bill Graham Tribute: Playdead apparently killed. This vine was reseeded to the person after him. (t) Shoreline 91: on 12/24 Chasmo posted that he had it. ark deadhead was next. No word. Apparently Chasmo killed it. (u) merriweather 6/30/85: on 4/29 fluffhead420 posted that he PM’d OneGratefulDad for his address. No word. (v) Boston Tea Party 1969: on 5/11 Slimee posted having it. Dpwstldeadfan was next. No word. (10) I am too tired for final thoughts. All will be forgiven, except for that first group. I hope those that have disappeared with vines are ok, and are only AWOL here and not in reality. Others can figure out what to do next. I am not proofreading this so there are probably some spelling and grammatical mistakes. Vine on!!! "One watch by night, one watch by day If you get confused, listen to the music play"
  • dstache
    I think we should do all the vine stalling discussions here. Feel free to copy and paste my detective work here, Pomo. I agree re: the reseeding, especially for SHN/FLAC. With WAV though, it's one more generation away from the original so it isn't ideal.
  • pomo1
    to re-seed some of the vines that have crashed. Should we re-post Dstache's list in this topic and people can try to solve the issues, whether by re-seeding or prompting people or however? In other words, do we need a separate "stalled vine" topic, or just do it here? I also believe that it would be appropriate for persons other than the original seeders to re-seed where feasible. The original seeders have already gone through the expense and time of planting, and others should help to get the vines re-growing. Just my opinion. Thanks again for everyone's input and effort. If anyone hears from MitD, please let us know. "One watch by night, one watch by day If you get confused, listen to the music play"
  • UncleJon
    Yep, I'm concerned too. I even went so far as to try and do some basic internet sleuthing to see if I could get any google/dogpile hits for Mark Stanfield in the Louisville, KY area. "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
  • JackstrawfromC…
    I know. All the things I can think of what possibly happened aren't real good. Im trying to think positive though. Maybe he just wanted to get away... "Escaping through the lily fields, I came across an empty space. It rainbow then exploded, left a bus stop in its place. The bus come by and I got on, thats when it all began. It was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land"
  • marye
    I admit it, I'm worried about MITD also.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums
Got ideas for how things should be run differently in the Vineyard? Improvements? Suggestions? Brainstorms? Truckloads of fertilizer? Post here.,On the floor at MSG... one perfect song after another...and we were beyond elated with disbelief and gratitude. This was truely a fantasy set list and, in my opinion, the best of my 8 show run.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

That is strange...I wonder what he is up to?? "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/concerts/support/downloads.html huge selection of Grateful Dead shows now for sale as downloads from Wolfgangs Vault. Many other bands too. Its a goldmine I am not sure how they squared this away with Rhino and the Band, but it all seems legit. Also I have no idea of the quality of the material or how it compares with the soundboards that already circulate. Not cheap either at $9.98 per set. It seems odd to me that we have been so careful to avoid vining officially released material, but WV appears to be selling officially released shows e.g Englishtown 77. Stil if Wolfgang's Vault can open such a huge download store, why can't this place???
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

If any one happens to buy any shows(of any of the bands) in flac format could you please pm me the flac fingerprint for the show, for example: Hot Tuna 07-03-71 Fillmore Closing closingfillmore-n4d1t01.flac:2a6e2e591e8da4dc1647d7b1d9d5b946 closingfillmore-n4d1t02.flac:7e19fbd9302e04ea6766cea805319a34 closingfillmore-n4d1t03.flac:089e84bfd265ca05fe9a2c34aa3dd08c closingfillmore-n4d1t04.flac:7c30614fc2e9305eb5e2e17d8e3e7777 I have always been curious to know if wolfgangs shows are closer to source than the ones that circulate.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I dunno what the deal is. I do know Wolfgang's Vault got off to a very sleazy start, buying up all Bill's tapes at the estate auction and putting the shows up for sale in complete disregard of the fact that they'd bought physical tapes but none of the accompanying rights. Litigation ensued, as you may imagine. At least, this is my recollection of events some years past. Still, that was some time ago and things may have changed. I've passed this info to the Rhino folks.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I don't know about all that stuff but I will say that the quality of the reocrdings here on the vine yard for the most part is really good - good enough for me anyways! That goes for the recordings from etree also. I am with Mary - I don't mind when the Grateful Dead gets my money but I am not about to buy albums/recordings/downloads from an internet site that makes money for some dude. Plus I feel like I have supported the band just fine by buying their studio albums and the countless thousands of dollars I have spent on concert tickets the last 20 some years to not feel too bad about getting live recordings for free. "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

There are some new people that have signed up for a quite a few vines. Before sending something to them, make sure they don't already have 3 vines. Not that there is any intention to do anything wrong, but as we have seen MANY times, newcomers can get easily overwhelmed.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I noticed that too! I think it is a good idea in general to contact folks AND wait for a response prior to sending a vine to them anyways. There a few people here that are always around and I am confident sending them vines without contact/response but even old timers disappear for awhile and then that's how we end up losing vines and we have seen it is a quick downward spiral when multiple vines are sent to what becomes a black hole!! "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

has fallen behind in the vineyard due to way too many things to mention but I am still here and will post in the next few days as I start sending them out If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I wasn't picking on you Hal. I phrased that wrong. You are most definitely one of the people I am confident sending vines to without getting a hold of first!! Much more important things come up for us all and vines get delayed .. no big deal! But for some it turns into vines not moving ever and just disappearing. "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Nope, didn't think that, but did think I needed to say I am around and no vine will die before it's time when I am involved. thanks, peace If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

yes life caught up to me also , I posted vines going out wendsay . ooops must be an old timers thing, forgot about vetrans day . with a familly full of vetrans I feel like a dufus lol .. anyway all vines I have will be out thursday morning fur sure . all 6 of them.
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

in my experience, I have bought three non-dead shows, they only come in mp3 format. That kinda sux.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Is there any good way to remind people to actually follow the vine guidelines when sending and requesting vines? I am specifically referring to notifying the person ahead of you of your address when you sign up for a vine, and it would also be good if everyone checked their messages before skipping someone on a vine. In my experience, people usually wait until you request their info before they will send it, and I've been skipped a couple of times because people didn't check their old messages where they would have found my info.Sorry for the gripe;-) Good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I think your better off waiting until you are like three spots down before sending your addy. Takes more effort on your behalf to follow the vines, but some in the Vineyard are too lazy to go back to their old messages and refuse to send a simple PM to the next person. But overall, I think most of us in here are really considerate and we take care of each other. "That path is for, your steps alone."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

i.e. I need help. I can't find a program to make DVD copy. I got Rothbury vine with a SCI dvd show. Really want this one. Please, make me smile.Thanks in advance, Richard.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Richard , when I had that rothbury vine I could not copy the SCI show . And we try`d to copy with both xp and vista computers . neither one worked for us . But nero 7 is what I use the most ( on the xp ) .
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

You mean you did it with nero 7, or it didn't work?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

The SCI we could not copy . we are the ones who put the vista/ex compatible discs in with that vine . The SCI we could not do anything with .
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Hey there - fluffhead420 included the video to the Rothbury Vine maybe get a hold of him for any issues with the DVD video? Richard - Were you able to copy the other DVD's? "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

If I (we) can make it I'll send a copy to you.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I got everything else from this vine. I'll PM Fluffhead. Thanks.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

My understanding is Wolfgangs cannot secure the rights to sell anything but MP3. The reason many of the other performances aren't for sale is because the bands won't authorize the sale. Not sure how they worked out rights to sell GD, even in MP3 format. I worked with a guy in NY who was trying to negotiate with them to find a way to make it all happen, but there are too many legal hurdles. There are ways to capture that music as they do allow you to stream it for free - but streaming music is only 320kbps at best. As Marye mentioned, they did acquire much of the material under less than glorious circumstances and there was litigation to try and shut them down completely. It is really sad, because in the right hands the world could have access to an absolute treasure trove of great concerts. Many of those shows are real gems. "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

check that, streaming music is 192 kbps at best. However, further ;-) research indicates that Bill Sagan who founded WV has been able to negotiate with most of the artists to allow downloads, some even in FLAC. He's still having trouble with some of the bigger names like Hendrix, the Who, etc., but thinks he'll be able to get agreements with them too. Check out the full article here: http://forums.wolfgangsvault.com/forums/post/12372.aspx Like him or not, he has made it possible to hear much of this music for the first time since it was played orginally. One of my favorites is Pink Floyd 4-29-70 at the Fillmore West. One of the best PF concerts there is out there. "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

Just about everything in Wolfgangs vault has been( and still is for now) available on legal trading sites in flac format for years. Now that there is some profit involved I would imagine these sites will have to remove them. Its probably just a matter of time until this affects etree and lossless legs. Its hard to believe they will allow us to keep trading if wolfgang is turning a profit. Might be a good time to get them while you can.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I'd be pissed if they got rid of etree and what's next the vineyard?? Bogus!! Greed is all this is. "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

I am gettin' all I can while the gettins good. :-)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I hav`nt looked into it , but I was told that it`s there by a member of our vineyard . don`t remember who . And yes I`m getting everything I can get while the gettings good . :-)
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Everyone download a different year and then come back here and do some serious trading. Sorry but from a pessimistic point of view, I'd be sad if we couldn't trade anymore from this site. I have really enjoyed coming here and sharing GD shows with you all the last year or so. It still bugs me that someone (wolfgang) is going to profit big time on this. And that flac files will be replaced by mp3's. I hope I am reading way too much into all of this! "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

was Bill Graham's real name. I strongly suspect the person who bought the tapes at the estate sale is not named Wolfgang but rather using Bill's name.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

And everyone! Sorry - my emotions have been strained, my dear grandmother passed away last week just 2 days past her 100th birthday. It was expected yet sad the way it went down, long story.. Dead.net is a very healing place for me to hang out in and I thank you all for that! "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

I am on a couple of GD e-mail lists--deadheadsunite and deadshows. I think these are through yahoo.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

very sorry to hear abt. your grandmother . my wife just lost her grandmother 2 weeks ago .
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

"I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

law of #megger tree fark been pretty much all over the place a long time; not much you can do about that.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

the law o $meggatree FARK been round aWHILE but HOW we do someDING bout that
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Heres a list of vines that I was the last on the list for and have had for awhile now. Let me know if anyone would like them. NRPS: 1 from 69, 2 from 70 Chicago 69 The Dead Greensboro 09 Early Fall 1981 "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I think someone is going to get swamed with vines when thay get 30 of them all at once !! let`s hope that don`t happen . It`s tough getting caught up when you get a ton at once .
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I was listening to China Cat/Rider from Winterland 2-24-74. I was wondering if the jam between the songs that was played in 73-74 had a specific name. Also, does anyone know why they stopped doing that jam. I freakin' love that little piece of music and it flows so well into Rider. Wishing all my fellow viners a great Holiday Season. "That path is for, your steps alone."
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Is it the Mind Left Body Jam or the Feeling Groovy Jam? I'll check it out tonight.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2009/08/chinarider-early-years.html Weblink above gives credence to a Feeling Groovy jam, beginning w the Nassau show, 3/16/73. 6/26/74, Providence, is a really good version: check it out on Dick's Picks 12. Here, the jam is labeled Mind Left Body. The 12/6/73 China Cat is over 9 minutes long before transitioning into Rider.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thanks, Derek and Ted. The link (awesome stuff) seems to indicate that it was the "Feelin Groovy" jam that I was asking about. I guess when they brought China/Rider back after the hiatus, they simply decided not to include the Feelin Groovy jam. Too bad. "That path is for, your steps alone."
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

The jam in btwn China and Rider on 2/22 is the MLB or Mind Left Body jam. Will check 2/23 and 2/24 later today and tomorrow.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Oops, they don't play it on 2/23 but they do play it on 2/24. It sounds to me like the MLB jam again but perhaps I don't know my jams because on archive.org a couple of people at least say that it is NOT the MLB jam. It is nice whatever it is. There is no doubt in my mind that the pre-retirement versions are better than the post-retirement ones, although I do think 12/29/77 is a gem.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Check out the link from gr8fulTed. Very informative and interesting. "That path is for, your steps alone."
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I am billing right now, Mark!!! Haha! Yes, I checked it out last night, very interesting. The jam on 2/24 sounded to me like something that was played quite often during the period (and quite well) and I thought it was the MLB jam, but apparently, I am mistaken.