• 42 replies
    marye
    started by Tommo Winterland October 78 Vine Grateful Dead Winterland Arena San Francisco, CA 10/18/78, and 10/21/78 This vine is inspired by the announcement of the impending release of the Egypt 1978 CD/DVD combo set. Two concerts (all I've got) from the "From Egypt With Love" 5-night run at Winterland- the first shows played after returning home. The next gig after this run was "Saturday Night Live". Both are high quality soundboards, with a few aud patches as noted below. The 10/21 show features the last-ever "Got My Mojo Workin", which is part of one of the greatest post-drums runs to the finish line ever played. 1 Data DVD with FLAC files, and 6 audio CD's. Details: Grateful Dead - October 18, 1978 Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA Recording Info: SBD -> Master Reel -> PCM -> Dat (44.1k) Transfer Info: Dat (Sony R500) -> Sound Devices 744T -> Samplitude Professional v10.01 -> FLAC (3 Discs Audio / 2 Discs FLAC) All Transfers and Mast

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • marye
    this vine heads into retirement with the grateful thanks of all!
  • LIG71
    Default Avatar
    Well Oroboros i will be relying on you for this from egypt with love session! Of course a big thank you to Marye for her generosity and understanding of DH needs!! All the best to all, Alex WINTERLAND 1978 From Egypt with Love 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark 15. everydaijunglist 16. oroboros
  • pkpotter
    ok, that's cold but it was just almost 70 there on my last visit,one day, ok, an hour. Been that twice ior so in a couple decades. There's always hope! I will still always LOVE the bay area. there is something going on there, possibly the future. Anyways, back to the seriuos business of the garden and it's evergrowing vine! We are proud of you marye appreciate your deadiacation. peace,pk
  • marye
    but thank you for the kind words. Considering my famous klutziness, I am really giggling at the thought of that particular career change!
  • pkpotter
    Thanks for all your hard work. You are quite the juggler. You could make a fortune at the wharf in sf.....nevermind, maybe not, but we all love you. thank you marye!
  • marye
    I can give no hints! But I'm hoping this all becomes clear shortly.
  • Oroboros
    WINTERLAND 1978 From Egypt with Love1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark 15. everydaijunglist 16. oroboros
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    Phew, that's a relief. So, as long as we're on the subject (and seeing from the Egypt '78 forum that yet another webpage has mysteriously disappeared) you say "when the preorder goes live"-this means it's not live yet-are you allowed to give us a hint as to what tracks are on the Road Trips set? Thanks, you're the best.
  • marye
    yes, you did this right. Mark, the way I see it, when the preorder goes live the vines will be frozen and no new signups will be taken. However, the people who are already signed up will doubtless work things out amongst themselves.
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    When you added your name to the list you chopped off about 8 people. The vine is currently on its way to joneb; I've added your name to the end of the list. Welcome, and cheers! 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark 15. everydaijunglist
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by Tommo Winterland October 78 Vine Grateful Dead Winterland Arena San Francisco, CA 10/18/78, and 10/21/78 This vine is inspired by the announcement of the impending release of the Egypt 1978 CD/DVD combo set. Two concerts (all I've got) from the "From Egypt With Love" 5-night run at Winterland- the first shows played after returning home. The next gig after this run was "Saturday Night Live". Both are high quality soundboards, with a few aud patches as noted below. The 10/21 show features the last-ever "Got My Mojo Workin", which is part of one of the greatest post-drums runs to the finish line ever played. 1 Data DVD with FLAC files, and 6 audio CD's. Details: Grateful Dead - October 18, 1978 Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA Recording Info: SBD -> Master Reel -> PCM -> Dat (44.1k) Transfer Info: Dat (Sony R500) -> Sound Devices 744T -> Samplitude Professional v10.01 -> FLAC (3 Discs Audio / 2 Discs FLAC) All Transfers and Mast
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Ltapilot has graciously offered to forward at least two more shows from this 5-night run ! He's actually sending me three, but unless there's a typo, one is a duplicate. I was just about to leave for the Post Office, but now I'll wait a bit and post an updated show list when I'm ready to mail it out. Should be well worth the wait, and thanks Lta ! -Tommo
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

to Marye, for handling this sudden avalanche of new vines so quickly and just exactly perfectly !-Tommo
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

happy vining!
user picture

Member for

16 years

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. erickat
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

Thanks...1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb
user picture

Member for

16 years

Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval. I signed up on this much earlier.
user picture

Member for

16 years

I've been trying to sign up for this, but all I get is the message "Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval." and then it never appears. I guess I'll go 5th then, 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. Erickat
user picture

Member for

16 years

I posted as #3 then as #4, then as #5 - hours ago - and I'm still not showing up 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

thank you Tommo 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Thanks to LTApilot, this vine now includes ALL FIVE of the "From Egypt With Love" shows from Winterland, Oct. 17,18,20,21, and 22 1978 ! I'm burning the new discs now, and will try to get the package out today, but if not then Monday for sure. Here are the details of the new additions: Grateful Dead - October 17, 1978 Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA Recording Info: SBD -> Master Reel -> Reel -> Dat (44.1k) Transfer Info: Dat (Sony R500) -> Sound Devices 744T -> Samplitude Professional v9.12 -> FLAC (2 Discs Audio / 2 Discs FLAC) All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller charliemiller87@earthlink.net December 27, 2007 Patch Info: Unknown Mics -> Cassette Master -> Reel -> Reel -> MiniMe -> CD supplies: Eyes Of The World (8:59 - 11:00) U.S. Blues (4:44 - end of song) Notes: -- Disc change is seamless -- Many flaws cleaned up -- Dat was labled SBD -> Master Reel -> PCM -> Dat which is wrong -- Patch material supplied by Pat Lee and transferred by Matt Smith Set 1: d1t01 - Tuning d1t02 - The Promised Land d1t03 - Friend Of The Devil d1t04 - Mama Tried -> d1t05 - Mexicali Blues d1t06 - Tennessee Jed d1t07 - I Need A Miracle d1t08 - Stagger Lee d1t09 - Jack Straw Set 2: d1t10 - Tuning d1t11 - Scarlet Begonias -> d1t12 - Fire On The Mountain d2t01 - Tuning d2t02 - Estimated Prophet -> d2t03 - Eyes Of The World -> d2t04 - Drums -> d2t05 - Space -> d2t06 - If I Had The World To Give -> d2t07 - Around And Around Encore: d2t08 - U.S. BluesGrateful Dead ------------------------ Grateful Dead 10/20/1978 Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA From: http://www.nugs.net/attics/78_egypt_with_love.asp Source: SBD>Master Reel>Cassette>DAT>WAV Set I: Minglewood Blues (5:49) They Love Each Other (8:15) Cassidy (6:23) Dire Wolf (5:23) El Paso (5:19) Tennessee Jed (9:01) It's All Over Now (8:14) Loser (9:05) Lazy Lightning > Supplication Blues (8:20) Set II: Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo (9:27) Franklin's Tower (13:39) Dancin' In The Streets (19:54) Drums (7:11) Space (5:19) Not Fade Away (7:31) Black Peter (10:37) Around and Around (10:12) Encore: Johnny B. Goode (5:13) Shakedown Street (7:45) --------------- Grateful Dead 10/22/78 San Francisco, CA Winterland Arena Source: Sbd:Reel:PCM:Dat D>CD: Tascam DA30MKII>Opcode Datport>HD(Cool Edit 2000)>Cdwav>SHN Notes: SRC done by CE2K, and normalization also done by CE2K. Set one d1t01 - Ollin Arrageed*-> d1t02 - Deal d1t03 - Me & My Uncle-> d1t04 - Big River d1t05 - Friend Of The Devil d1t06 - Minglewood Blues d1t07 - Peggy-O d2t01 - Jack Straw Set Two d2t02 - Intro by Bill Graham d2t03 - Scarlet Begonias-> d2t04 - Fire On The Mountain d2t05 - Samson & Delilah d2t06 - From The Heart Of Me d3t01 - I Need A Miracle d3t02 - Drums**-> d3t03 - Not Fade Away***-> Caution Jam***-> Got My Mojo Workin Jam***-> d3t04 - Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad*** d3t05 - E: Johnny B. Goode *W Hamza El Din **W Lee Oskar ***W John Cippolina And again, a big thank you to LTApilot- I've been wanting the rest of these shows myself for quit awhile ! -Tommo
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

It WAS near HALLOWEEN-anyone remember the pumkin Keith had on his piano????? we did the catering..............ahhhhhhhh- the music was great---tooo much fun......too much fun.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

my cupcakes we baked are in the movie..........
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

"If you get confused-listen to the music play" I think I got the show mixed up with the closing of Winterland & Egypt-It was the closing of Winterland in 1974 that Keith had the pumpkin on the piano & my cupcakes showed up in the movie (oh big wow-haha) later on............. pix of my granddaughter
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

which, thanks to Ltapilot, now includes the COMPLETE 5-NIGHT RUN, October 17-22 1978 ( see my earlier post with details), is on it's way to Nice Hippy in today's (Tuesday) mail from California. I'm a bit under the weather at the moment, so it took longer than I thought to get it out. The package now includes 14 audio CD's and 2 DVD's with FLAC and SHN files. There was lots of room left on DVD 2 (this would be so much easier and cheaper if everyone FLACed and SHNed...), so I slipped in acoustic Bob and Friends (including Jerry) at The Rambler Room, Loyola University, Chicago 11/17/78, and an acoustic Grateful Dead set from 9/25/80 with the 1st "Ain't No Lie", and several 1st-in-a-long-time tunes.Enjoy ! -Tommo
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 Thanks for this one. Look forward to listening to the Mojo post drums run!@
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hey everyone sorry Ive had this one for so long. I lost stumans address and sent him a message asking for it but it seems that he has been away for awhile now. After some searching I found the address so it will be on the move again tommorow 8-4. peace, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

1.That Nice Hippy Guy2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Thank you Trevor !! Thank you Tommo !! will have this out by thursday or friday ,, will post when it`s in the mail .. PK I still have your address .. Peace and sunshine to all !!
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

that this vine actually includes ALL FIVE shows from the Oct '78 Winterland run ! Right after I made the original posting with two shows, Ltapilot kindly chipped in the other three. Flip back a page or two to see details of the other three shows. I held the package back until they arrived, and sent them all out together...Enjoy ! -Tommo
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

will have this out today ,, off to pk .. thank you Tommo and Ltapilot !!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Received this today. Thanks stu. Will go out to joneb tommorrow. peace,pk
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

off to joneb today. Thank you tommo, beautiful recording, what a treat. Thank you for sharing this tommo.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

So, excerpts (I guess) of the Winterland '78 stand are going to be Road Trips Vol.1, No. 4? Will this vine disappear at the end of September? I figure the actual Egypt show vine will make it, only a few people left, but I'm like ten people down the list and I don't think this vine will move that fast. (Hell, I'm buying everything they sell anyway)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

i have not done this before, is this right? 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. everydaijunglist everydaijunglist@yahoo.com
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

When you added your name to the list you chopped off about 8 people. The vine is currently on its way to joneb; I've added your name to the end of the list. Welcome, and cheers! 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark 15. everydaijunglist
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

yes, you did this right. Mark, the way I see it, when the preorder goes live the vines will be frozen and no new signups will be taken. However, the people who are already signed up will doubtless work things out amongst themselves.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Phew, that's a relief. So, as long as we're on the subject (and seeing from the Egypt '78 forum that yet another webpage has mysteriously disappeared) you say "when the preorder goes live"-this means it's not live yet-are you allowed to give us a hint as to what tracks are on the Road Trips set? Thanks, you're the best.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

WINTERLAND 1978 From Egypt with Love1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark 15. everydaijunglist 16. oroboros
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I can give no hints! But I'm hoping this all becomes clear shortly.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thanks for all your hard work. You are quite the juggler. You could make a fortune at the wharf in sf.....nevermind, maybe not, but we all love you. thank you marye!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

but thank you for the kind words. Considering my famous klutziness, I am really giggling at the thought of that particular career change!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

ok, that's cold but it was just almost 70 there on my last visit,one day, ok, an hour. Been that twice ior so in a couple decades. There's always hope! I will still always LOVE the bay area. there is something going on there, possibly the future. Anyways, back to the seriuos business of the garden and it's evergrowing vine! We are proud of you marye appreciate your deadiacation. peace,pk
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

Well Oroboros i will be relying on you for this from egypt with love session! Of course a big thank you to Marye for her generosity and understanding of DH needs!! All the best to all, Alex WINTERLAND 1978 From Egypt with Love 1.That Nice Hippy Guy 2.stuman 3.pkpotter 4. joneb 5. erickat 6. Hal R 7.toddsnc 8. Paps 9. reedchris 10. ripple1974 11. Birdsong1969NJ 12. Unclejon 13.test4965 14. MarkintheDark 15. everydaijunglist 16. oroboros
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

this vine heads into retirement with the grateful thanks of all!