30 Days Of Dead FAQs
Q: How come I can't download today's track on my iPad or mobile device.
A: Although you can stream today's track on your iPad or iOS device, if you want to download the track you will need to download it on your desktop computer.
Q: How can I tell if download has started?
A: If you are in Internet Explorer or Firefox, a pop-up will appear on your screen asking you where you'd like to save the file. If you are in Safari, an indicator will appear in the top right corner to show that the download is in progress. If you are in Chrome, a button should appear at the bottom left hand side of your browswer to indicate that the download is in progress.
Q: The track downloaded but I can't seem to find it...
A: The location of your download depends on the applications you use and your operating system. If you are using Firefox, Chrome or Safari, the download is most likely in your Downloads folder.
If you use iTunes or Windows Media Player: The download will automatically import songs into your chosen media library. This is where your music will be stored.
In some instances, files are saved to your computer using your Web browser's default save location. Search for the files on your computer or check your Web browser settings to determine the default location for saving downloaded files.
Q: I still can't get the download to work.
A: If you are unable to download the track while using your current browser, please try installing the Chrome web browser on your machine.
I should have snarfed the page when I came across it -- but who would ever have thought it would disappear.
FWIW, wget log shows connection closed approx every 74 MB / 10 min, but re-connection succeeded and download resumed at appropriate byte offset.
The site no longer has the days and venue listed for each song.Does anyone have a list of the dates and venue for each song?
Speak up if you're still having issues...
to see if I get the same issue. Will pass this along to tech folks.
I've tried several times, several ways, to download the complete zip. In every case, the download fails after approx 70 MB; unzip reports the file is not a valid zip archive.
Each day of this promotion I downloaded that day's song with no problems. Then, on the final day, Nov. 30, with "Eyes of the World" as the last song, not only did the d/l link fail for that song -- a "page not found" error -- the overall 650 mb "download all songs" ZIP file returns files that won't open as archives and, when retrieved more than once, show to be of unequal sizes, suggesting there's a corrupt file there. In fact, at the page http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead NONE of the individual links for the songs work any longer.
Can anyone help with this>
John Andrew Prime
Per rule #6 we should/may have seen announcements on winners 2 month ago. Here are the rules:
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
30 Days of Dead 2012 Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The 30 Days of Dead 2012 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at approximately 9:00am Pacific Standard Time ("P.S.T.") on November 1, 2012 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Start Date”) and ends at approximately 11:59pm P.S.T. on November 30, 2012 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “End Date”) (the period between the Start Date and End Date sometimes referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico, who, as of the Start Date: (a) have reached the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry; (b) are registered at dead.net; and (c) had online access. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company, and Grateful Dead Productions, and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible. The musical group professionally known as the Grateful Dead is referred to herein as “Artist”.
3. www.dead.net: Beginning on the Start Date, to be eligible to win the “Daily Merchandise Prize” described below, if not already registered with Dead.net, follow the on-screen instructions to register at www.dead.net. After registering, in order to be eligible to win, submit correct answers to the on-screen questions on Dead.net regarding the single track available for free download. One Daily Merchandise Prize will be awarded on each day of the Sweepstakes Period. In addition, all entrants that submitted correct answers to the on-screen questions during the entire Sweepstakes Period will be automatically entered into a random drawing for the chance to win the “Grand Prize”, as described below. Note: To be eligible to win, entrants must have properly registered at Dead.net, and must have correctly answered the questions on Dead.net. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to receive the Daily Merchandise Prize. Previous winners of a Daily Merchandise Prize in the Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win another Daily Merchandise Prize. Daily Merchandise Prize entries must be received by 11:59pm on each day of the Sweepstakes Period. In order to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing, entries must be received by 11:59pm P.S.T. on the End Date. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to Entries submitted through the Dead.net website. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor's computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes. One Entry per participant. All Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Winner Selection: Potential winners of the Daily Merchandise Prize will be selected by a random drawing conducted on the date following Sponsor's receipt of submissions, from among all eligible Entries received. Potential winners of the Grand Prize will be selected by a random drawing following the End Date, from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning the Daily Merchandise Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received on the applicable day. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters related to these Official Rules shall be final and binding. Each winner of a Daily Merchandise Prize will be announced on Dead.net the day following Sponsor's receipt of submissions. The winner of the Grand Prize will be announced on Dead.net on December 3, 2012.
5. Prizes: Each winner of a Daily Merchandise Prize will receive a Grateful Dead audio item or other merchandise item. (Approximate Retail Value ranging from $32.00 to $195.00). The winner of the Grand Prize will receive a copy of the “Spring 1990” Box Set (Approximate Retail Value $199.98). Any and all taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients. The prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions or transfers allowed, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. The prizes will be awarded, and shipped in December 2012. In the unlikely event that any portion of the prize is cancelled or undeliverable for any reason the winner agrees that Sponsor has no further obligations to the winner other than delivery of the remainder of the prize, if any.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website related to the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such Entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to Entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning Entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate Entries or entry information, whether caused by the users of any website related to the Sweepstakes or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission to any website related to the Sweepstakes, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to Entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect Entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE DEAD.NET OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE.
8. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
9. Winners' Names: For the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 7, 2012 and received by December 14, 2012 to: The “30 Days of Dead 2012” Sweepstakes Winners List, to Rhino Entertainment Company, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505, to the attention of Business Affairs.
10. Removal From Future Sweepstakes Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from Sponsor's future sweepstakes mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. Sponsor will process your request within 60 days.
Sponsored by Rhino Entertainment Company o/b/o Grateful Dead Productions, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
© 2012 Grateful Dead Productions. All rights reserved.
thanks for bringing this up.