30 Days Of Dead FAQs
Q: How come I can't download today's track on my iPad or mobile device.
A: Although you can stream today's track on your iPad or iOS device, if you want to download the track you will need to download it on your desktop computer.
Q: How can I tell if download has started?
A: If you are in Internet Explorer or Firefox, a pop-up will appear on your screen asking you where you'd like to save the file. If you are in Safari, an indicator will appear in the top right corner to show that the download is in progress. If you are in Chrome, a button should appear at the bottom left hand side of your browswer to indicate that the download is in progress.
Q: The track downloaded but I can't seem to find it...
A: The location of your download depends on the applications you use and your operating system. If you are using Firefox, Chrome or Safari, the download is most likely in your Downloads folder.
If you use iTunes or Windows Media Player: The download will automatically import songs into your chosen media library. This is where your music will be stored.
In some instances, files are saved to your computer using your Web browser's default save location. Search for the files on your computer or check your Web browser settings to determine the default location for saving downloaded files.
Q: I still can't get the download to work.
A: If you are unable to download the track while using your current browser, please try installing the Chrome web browser on your machine.
Each day of this promotion I downloaded that day's song with no problems. Then, on the final day, Nov. 30, with "Eyes of the World" as the last song, not only did the d/l link fail for that song -- a "page not found" error -- the overall 650 mb "download all songs" ZIP file returns files that won't open as archives and, when retrieved more than once, show to be of unequal sizes, suggesting there's a corrupt file there. In fact, at the page http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead NONE of the individual links for the songs work any longer.
Can anyone help with this>
John Andrew Prime
Per rule #6 we should/may have seen announcements on winners 2 month ago. Here are the rules:
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
30 Days of Dead 2012 Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The 30 Days of Dead 2012 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at approximately 9:00am Pacific Standard Time ("P.S.T.") on November 1, 2012 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Start Date”) and ends at approximately 11:59pm P.S.T. on November 30, 2012 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “End Date”) (the period between the Start Date and End Date sometimes referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico, who, as of the Start Date: (a) have reached the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry; (b) are registered at dead.net; and (c) had online access. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company, and Grateful Dead Productions, and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible. The musical group professionally known as the Grateful Dead is referred to herein as “Artist”.
3. www.dead.net: Beginning on the Start Date, to be eligible to win the “Daily Merchandise Prize” described below, if not already registered with Dead.net, follow the on-screen instructions to register at www.dead.net. After registering, in order to be eligible to win, submit correct answers to the on-screen questions on Dead.net regarding the single track available for free download. One Daily Merchandise Prize will be awarded on each day of the Sweepstakes Period. In addition, all entrants that submitted correct answers to the on-screen questions during the entire Sweepstakes Period will be automatically entered into a random drawing for the chance to win the “Grand Prize”, as described below. Note: To be eligible to win, entrants must have properly registered at Dead.net, and must have correctly answered the questions on Dead.net. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to receive the Daily Merchandise Prize. Previous winners of a Daily Merchandise Prize in the Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win another Daily Merchandise Prize. Daily Merchandise Prize entries must be received by 11:59pm on each day of the Sweepstakes Period. In order to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing, entries must be received by 11:59pm P.S.T. on the End Date. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to Entries submitted through the Dead.net website. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor's computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes. One Entry per participant. All Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Winner Selection: Potential winners of the Daily Merchandise Prize will be selected by a random drawing conducted on the date following Sponsor's receipt of submissions, from among all eligible Entries received. Potential winners of the Grand Prize will be selected by a random drawing following the End Date, from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning the Daily Merchandise Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received on the applicable day. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters related to these Official Rules shall be final and binding. Each winner of a Daily Merchandise Prize will be announced on Dead.net the day following Sponsor's receipt of submissions. The winner of the Grand Prize will be announced on Dead.net on December 3, 2012.
5. Prizes: Each winner of a Daily Merchandise Prize will receive a Grateful Dead audio item or other merchandise item. (Approximate Retail Value ranging from $32.00 to $195.00). The winner of the Grand Prize will receive a copy of the “Spring 1990” Box Set (Approximate Retail Value $199.98). Any and all taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients. The prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions or transfers allowed, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. The prizes will be awarded, and shipped in December 2012. In the unlikely event that any portion of the prize is cancelled or undeliverable for any reason the winner agrees that Sponsor has no further obligations to the winner other than delivery of the remainder of the prize, if any.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website related to the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such Entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to Entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning Entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate Entries or entry information, whether caused by the users of any website related to the Sweepstakes or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission to any website related to the Sweepstakes, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to Entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect Entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE DEAD.NET OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE.
8. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
9. Winners' Names: For the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 7, 2012 and received by December 14, 2012 to: The “30 Days of Dead 2012” Sweepstakes Winners List, to Rhino Entertainment Company, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505, to the attention of Business Affairs.
10. Removal From Future Sweepstakes Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from Sponsor's future sweepstakes mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. Sponsor will process your request within 60 days.
Sponsored by Rhino Entertainment Company o/b/o Grateful Dead Productions, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
© 2012 Grateful Dead Productions. All rights reserved.
thanks for bringing this up.
Q: Who won?
You'd think there'd be some folks bragging it up around here if they won...I've been staying tuned ever since we were told to 'stay tuned' regarding the winners in the most recent (was it?) newsletter...
That should be Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ. The other correction is Capitol Theater, Port Chester,NY. I saw shows at both venues and people always confused the spellings.
So what is the answer to the Nov. 30th mp3 download...?
This is the next day & no location or date has shown up for the 30th download. Also all the previous downloads (except for the Nov. 1st one) have vanished. I realize the 30 days have ended but please, finish by telling us what the 30th was. (date & location)
Next day edit: Thank you, it was 6.17.76 Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ
Hey now, couldn't get the download for 11/28 due to a service interruption with my ISP...anyway I can get it to so I don't have 29 Days? Thanks for putting this out there every November, I really appreciate it!
November 1st's Answer
10.17.83 Olympic Arena, Lake Placid, NY:This was the Grateful Dead's only appearance in Lake Placid, NY, site of the Miracle On Ice. Of course, late in the show the band played "I Need A Miracle." This "Sugaree" has always been considered one of the best of the 1980s, in a rare show-opening slot.
November 2nd's Answer
5.17.77 University of Alabama Coliseum, Tuscaloosa, AL: This was the first of only three versions of "High Time" played in 1977, followed by none in 1978. Other later years without a "High Time" included 1983 and 1989.
November 3rd's Answer
"Uncle John's Band"
5.1.70 Alfred College, Alfred, NY: This show was played the night before the famous Harpur College show, and featured its share of great music, including a good mix of acoustic and electric Dead.
November 4th's Answer
"Lost Sailor>Saint Of Circumstance"
7.11.81 Alpine Valley Music Theater, E. Troy, WI:This was the Grateful Dead's second appearance at Alpine Valley, a venue they played every year in the 1980s aside from 1983.
November 5th's Answer
6.4.78 UCSB Stadium, Santa Barbara, CA: This was the Grateful Dead's third visit to Campus Stadium at UCSB, with the other being in 1973 and 1974, and this would turn out to be the Grateful Dead's final trip to Santa Barbara.
November 6th's Answer
"China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider"
4.14.71 Christy Mathewson Stadium, Bucknell University Lewisburg, PA:An odd little tour that found the band playing larger and smaller college campuses, along with major city venues like the Boston Music Hall and the Fillmore East.
November 7th's Answer
"Samson And Delilah"
4.5.88 Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT:This was the third night of a three night run in Hartford. The first night featured Jerry losing his voice, the second night featured some bizarre setlist moments, and the third night was a good, all-around solod show, and also featured Brent's debut of "Louie Louie".
November 8th's Answer
"Here Comes Sunshine"
11.17.73 UCLA: From the upcoming Dave's Picks Vol. 5, this is widely considered one of the top 3 versions of "Here Comes Sunshine" ever played (along with the version from 12/19/73 aka Dick's Picks Vol. 1.
November 9th's Answer
"Scarlet Begonias> Fire On The Mountain"
7.31.82 Manor Downs, Austin, TX:This mighty fine show at Manor Downs featured loads of great songs, and great performances of great songs, including this "Scarlet>Fire". Other highlights include a great "Bird Song" and a terrific "Morning Dew".
November 10th's Answer
3.20.77 Winterland, San Francisco, CA: This is the fifth version of "Estimated Prophet," a song that would be played at most shows in 1977, and would appear on the Terrapin Station album.
November 11th's Answer
3.25.91 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY: This is a somewhat rare jam that follows outside of the frame another song. It comes out of "Spoonful," and hints at a few musical themes. While not quite the jam level of the one played at the same venue a year-and-a-day prior, it's still very interesting.
November 12th's Answer
"Ramble On Rose"
12.19.73 Curtis Hixon Covention Hall, Tampa, FL: This is an "outtake" from Dick's Picks Vol. 1, a terrific release that features the best music of a great show on two CDs. The remaining material, though, as demonstrated by this "Ramble On Rose," is also excellent.
November 13th's Answer
12.31.89 Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA: This is a rare set-closing "Shakedown Street" from the New Year's Eve 1989-1990 show. Earlier in the set, Bonnie Raitt sat in, and later in the show, the Grateful Dead performed their first California "Dark Star" in more than five years.
November 14th's Answer
2.11.70 Fillmore East, NYC: "Black Peter" had entered the reportoire just two months before, and would be recorded shortly after this performance for Workingman's Dead. This version is from the first set from 2/11/70.
November 15th's Answer
"The Music Never Stopped"
4.21.78 Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY:This show is mostly known for the Stella Blue that appeared on the So Many Roads box set in 1999, but there is some other great music at this show, including this Music Never Stopped, a song that peaked in 1978 to many people.
November 16th's Answer
10.20.68 Greek Theatre, Berkeley:By late 1968, "Dark Star" had developed into the form it would maintain throughout 1969, featuring long, pyschedelic passages. Later in 1969 into 1970, "Dark Star" often headed into more melodic territory.
November 17th's Answer
"Let It Grow>Deal"
2.28.81:A great run of shows in Chicago to open the Grateful Dead's 1981 performing year was filled with exceptional music. There is a heck of a lot of excellent music in 1981 start-to-finish.
November 18th's Answer
4.29.77 Palladium, NYC:This is the first of a five night run at the Palladium in New York, previously known as the Academy Of Music. Some of this show was released as part of Download Series Volume 1 back in 2005, along with the entire 4/30/77 show.
November 19th's Answer
10.2.72 Springfield Civic Center Arena, Springfield, MA:"Bird Song" in late 1972 was a spectacular first set jam vehicle, to add to the other first set exploratory song, "Playing In The Band." Generally, on the Fall Tour of 1972, the first sets featured these two major songs, with the second sets then featuring either "Dark Star" or "The Other One."
November 20th's Answer
"Playing In The Band"
11.30.80 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA: One of the longest-tenured, most-played songs in the Grateful Dead's reportoire, "Playing in the Band" was a launching pad for some of the finest jams in the band's career.
November 21st's Answer
"New Minglewood Blues"
2.24.71 Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY: From the final night of a legendary six night run in Port Chester, NY, this always-rocking tune, which dates back to 1966 for the Grateful Dead.
November 22nd's Answer
2.4.78 Milwaukee Auditoium, Milwaukee, WI:A few tracks from this Milwaukee show were included on .
November 23rd's Answer
12.7.71 Felt Forum, NYC:From the final night of a four night stand at the Felt Forum in New York (the ground-level theater below Madison Square Garden). This tour marked the return of Pigpen to the band, where he would remain for the next six months, until his departure in June, 1972.
November 24th's Answer
"The Other One"
9.27.76 War Memorial Arena, Rochester, NY:This is from the second of 10 shows the Grateful Dead performed at the War Memorial in Rochester.
November 25th's Answer
2.24.73 Iowa Fieldhouse, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA: A cool jam precedes this fine Sugar Magnolia, a jam that came out of "Eyes Of The World" in the show-closing sequence.
November 26th's Answer
5.9.78 Syracuse NY:This "Franklin's Tower" opened the Syracuse show on the Spring Tour in 1978. After the band put "Help>Slip" on hiatus in the Fall of 1977 (until 1983), Franklin's found itself without a set place in the show. Sometimes before "Drums", sometimes after, and in this extra-rare position as an opener.
November 27th's Answer
"That's It For The Other One>Cosmic Charlie"
6.8.69 Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA: A great double dose of primal-era Dead, these two songs were not often paired like this. This is from the final night of a four-night run at the Fillmore West.
November 28th's Answer
5.26.77 Baltimore Civic Center, Baltimore, MD:This is from the penultimate show of the majestic Spring Tour of 1977, a really fine show wedged between 5/25/77 (Dave's Picks 1) and 5/28/77 (To Terrapin).
November 29th's Answer
5.14.74 Adams Field House, University of Montana, Missoula, MT:This is the Grateful Dead's only appearance in Montana, and was only the second show of their first Wall Of Sound Tour. The show also features a monster, deep-space "Dark Star".
November 30th's Answer
"Help On The Way>Slipknot!>Franklin's Tower"
6.17.76 Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ:This sequence was played 1975-1977, 1983-1985 and 1989-1995, and was always filled with great jamming, particularly on the middle segment.
It happens with both Chrome and Internet Explorer