• 169 replies
    marye
    started by dstache First things first. I am sure I speak for everyone as I say thank you to all who contributed to the 1977 project!!! Rick, Richard, jackstrawfromcolorado, pomo1, Estim8ed, Hippy, Arkdeadhead and CB all helped to bring this vine to fruition. Take a bow, gentlemen. I am breaking this vine down into parts. This part contains 5 DVDs. I have eliminated a few sources so as to reduce the total number of DVDs. If I had both a SBD and a MTX source for a show, I included both. If I had 2 or more SBDs I tried to reduce the number. I have tried to select the best sources for each show. Hopefully, I have been successful. There are some shows for which it was difficult and I included more than I would have liked. . The first 4 slots for this part, and for each subsequent part, are reserved for the contributors who don't already have everything. I am certain everyone is fine with that. Rick, Richard, CB, please let me know if you need anything and I will burn DVDs for you. Hippy, I am burning DVDs

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • DalekStar
    Default Avatar
    Thank you!
  • radtek
    (1) Island Girl>IN Mar 30-OUT Apr 10(2) Deadtaper (IN 4/21- OUT 5/1) (3) radtek (In 5-6, Out 5-12 to DalekStar) (4) DaleStar
  • deadtaper
    They are on their way to radtek (1) Island Girl>IN Mar 30-OUT Apr 10 (2) Deadtaper (IN 4/21- OUT 5/1) (3) radtek
  • DalekStar
    Default Avatar
    new sign up I think we should start a new list. (1) Island Girl (2) Deadtaper (3) radtek (4) DalekStar Thanks for doing this, JRP.
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    I finally gave up trying to find a way to convert SHN to FLAC, now I just listen to them on COG. It plays both kinds of files, without converting them. Hope that helps you out, Deadtaper.
  • deadtaper
    (1) Island Girl>IN Mar 30-OUT Apr 10 (2) Deadtaper (IN 4/21- ) (3) radtek Will get this out next week. Question- What do you guys use to convert the SHN files to FLAC ? Thanks
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    (1) Island Girl>IN Mar 30-OUT Apr 10 (2) Deadtaper (3) radtek
  • Island Girl
    Default Avatar
    Thanks JRP and dstache for this one!! (1) Island Girl>IN Mar 30- (2) Deadtaper (3) radtek
  • radtek
    new sign up I think we should start a new list. (1) Island Girl (2) Deadtaper (3) radtek Thanks for doing this, JRP.
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Will get started on this one this week.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums
started by dstache First things first. I am sure I speak for everyone as I say thank you to all who contributed to the 1977 project!!! Rick, Richard, jackstrawfromcolorado, pomo1, Estim8ed, Hippy, Arkdeadhead and CB all helped to bring this vine to fruition. Take a bow, gentlemen. I am breaking this vine down into parts. This part contains 5 DVDs. I have eliminated a few sources so as to reduce the total number of DVDs. If I had both a SBD and a MTX source for a show, I included both. If I had 2 or more SBDs I tried to reduce the number. I have tried to select the best sources for each show. Hopefully, I have been successful. There are some shows for which it was difficult and I included more than I would have liked. . The first 4 slots for this part, and for each subsequent part, are reserved for the contributors who don't already have everything. I am certain everyone is fine with that. Rick, Richard, CB, please let me know if you need anything and I will burn DVDs for you. Hippy, I am burning DVDs
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

The 2/27/77 Santa Barbara show is an aud source and is absolutely fantastic. Great quality for an aud.
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

(13) Tommo ( tompen@earthlink.net )(14) Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) (15) Terpin61 (16) joneb (17) ripple1974 (18) mdecicco (19) dr zevon (20) apla (apla76@mail.ru) (21)rowjim60 (22)timgard1 (23) pdave (24) Birdsong1969NJ "And I love the life I live And I'm gonna live the life I love"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

I'll get them out this week...thanks.peace.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

will work on this one this week and have out shortly.
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

I am out of list.The actual list is: (13) Tommo ( tompen@earthlink.net ) (14) Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) (15) Terpin61 (16) joneb (17) ripple1974 (18) mdecicco (19) dr zevon (20) rowjim60 (21) timgard1 (22) pdave (23) Birdsong1969NJ
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Hope everything is ok, Apla. I see that you are removing yourself from a bunch of vines.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I have PM'd mdecicco for his addy. He is new to the vining community do I don't know if I will hear back or what. I will give him a few days. Dave
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I am dropping this in the mail today. Dave
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

(13) Tommo ( tompen@earthlink.net )(14) Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) (15) Terpin61 (16) joneb (17) ripple1974 (18) mdecicco (19) dr zevon (20) rowjim60 (21) timgard1 (22) pdave (23) Birdsong1969NJ (24) Hal R If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

sorry for the delay "I wish i was a headlight..."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

has been having some life difficulties . I`m sure it will show up soon . *** Clean***Sober***Proud***
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

Can anyone help with a reseed of this vine? I can PM folks to update the list. Will send blanks and postage to get it started again. Thanks!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I just got a new computer today. I will reseed this to the best of my ability. Give me a week or so as I need to re-rip everything (which I would have to do anyways as I store everything on disc). There is a condition. Kwitt, you need to PM people and whittle down the list, as you suggested. Post here or PM me and I will start on it over the weekend.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Dang that is a lot of work to re-rip all those shows. I'd volunteer to help since I have the flacs on a hard drive but I have my hands pretty full getting 73 and the 90's going again. Not to mention the other lost vines. These problems would go away if we would PM people AND wait for a response BEFORE sending the vine. "The dire wolf collects his due while the boys sing round the fire"
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I am up and running on my new computer, BUT I received a huge 10 disc vine from another place and I need to work on that first, so it probably won't be until next week until I start working on this. But Kwitt, please post that you will PM people on the list and whittle it down. Thanks!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

Dstache and JackstrawfromColorado have graciously agreed to reseed this glorious vine. I'm attempting to clean up the list so the reseed will continue to flow in the future. I will PM each person on the existing list and reconstruct it maintaining the order as much as possible. Please thank Dstache and JackstrawfromColorado for keeping this vine alive!
user picture

Member for

13 years 8 months

once the list is all cleaned up. truely grateful for the reseeding though!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Here is the list as best as I can tell. Kwitt is in the process of contacting everyone and seeing if they are still vining. (20) rowjim60 (21) timgard1 (22) pdave (23) Birdsong1969NJ (24) Hal R (25) kwitt
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

Below is the list of folks still interested after sending PMs one week ago. I have not heard from rowjim60 or timgard1. Pdave asked to be skipped. Thanks again dstache for reseeding this vine. (20) Birdsong1969NJ (21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24)
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Out to birdsong1969nj tomorrow. There was room on d5 so I added a couple shows from my hard drive, a LZ 73 and a Rush 79. I haven't listened to either yet but both are supposed to be good.
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

Thx Derek! "And I love the life I live And I'm gonna live the life I love"
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I already sealed the envelope, but I think the LZ show is 1/14/73. If so, I listened to the first disc tonight, and it is a pretty muffled SBD, for completists only. Sorry about that.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

(20) Birdsong1969NJ(21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead Thanks Dstache!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I've been looking for 2/26/77 and 2/27/77 - would love to be a part of this! (20) Birdsong1969NJ (21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

A ton of Music! 20) Birdsong1969NJ IN 9-7-10 (21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead"And I love the life I live And I'm gonna live the life I love"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

20) Birdsong1969NJ IN 9-7-10(21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hope this vine can get going again. 1977 was very good year! (20) Birdsong1969NJ IN 9-7-10 (21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

... thanks!!! (20) Birdsong1969NJ IN 9-7-10 (21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

(20) Birdsong1969NJ IN 9-7-10(21) Hal R (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 thanks!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I RESEEDED this already in Sept. I know that Hal has serious issues going (this probably should never have gone to him). I suggest contacting Birdsong1969NJ and seeing if he can reseed.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

i have been tryin to get in contact with him for a couple of months now and still haven't received a response. has anyone else been in contact with him recently? i think i posted about this somewhere
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Yeah, that sounds familiar Jake, but I don't know what thread it was posted in (not in this one). Looking back, I see that I offered to reseed this one if someone, turned out to be Kwitt, would contact everyone on the list and see who was still in. Kwitt did this. I reseeded to the next person on the list (who I also PM'd and received a reply), and the vine then disappeared. So Kwitt, who did some work, didn't get it. I reseeded another vine more recently and this time reordered the list and sent the reseed to the person who did the work of confirming who was still in. I don't know about birdsong1969nj. He has definitely been a good viner in the past. I suggest going back a little further on the list and seeing if someone else can reseed.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

No worries, I can re-seed this. I can probably get it out on Saturday. I assume kwitt is still in? (22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

I'll send my addy just in case. Thanksfor the re-seed JSFC!!!!
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

(22) kwitt(23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 (30) zepthompson
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

Do you have at least one, and preferably the 'best' source, of each date? Hopefully the soundboard? Ultimately I'll take whatever you have. Thanks for working on this!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I'm sure he has the best copy. At least 2 of the April shows, and maybe 3, just don't circulate in anywhere close to ideal sound quality.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

The biggest missing sources are the 5/1 set 2 sbd and mtx recordings. Not quite sure why I did not keep those. Ahh well.. Btw I sent this out yesterday. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

(22) kwitt (23) maustin (24) Long Dead (25) TekeHead (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 (30) zepthompson (31) born2be (32) t140v77
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

Thanks Mark! It can be in the mail by Monday. Waiting for PM from maustin.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

I'm moving maustin down to 2 spots because he's having some technical difficulties and asked to be skipped. Check with him before sending and move him down a spot if necessary.Thanks for the reseed Mark! (22) kwitt (23) Long Dead (24) TekeHead (25) maustin (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 (30) zepthompson (31) born2be (32) t140v77
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

A personal health issue that kept me out of life for a while. i am back and have this vine....I see it has recently be reseeded. I am so SORRY.Please let me know what I can do. I actually have this in an envelope for Hal....Arahhhh "And I love the life I live And I'm gonna live the life I love"
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hopefully your health issue is a thing of the past... thanks for re-viving the vine! Add me to the list, if I'm not already on the re-seeded list... I(22) kwitt (23) Long Dead (24) TekeHead (25) maustin (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 (30) zepthompson (31) born2be (32) t140v77 (33) iGrateful
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hey Gang! Now this is ONE SWEET Vine! I'd LOVE to get in on this one! I(22) kwitt (23) Long Dead (24) TekeHead (25) maustin (26) Jake R (27) JBH69Flyer (28) TheNuthatch (29) LIG71 (30) zepthompson (31) born2be (32) t140v77 (33) iGrateful (34) friscokid77 Thank You all. Peace, Chris