• 141 replies
    marye
    started by richard Posted: December 21, 2007 - 8:49am 1985 Vine I’ve listened to a lot of shows from 1985 and it seems to me that every night the band came out swinging for the bleachers. As often happens when you play that way, there are some strike-outs. But sometimes, when everything lines up “just exactly perfect”, you catch that sweet spot and launch a towering shot that sails out of sight. I believe these four shows represent a few of those shots. So jump on the vine, crank it up loud, and take a tour of the stratosphere with the greatest band in the history of rock-and-roll. This package contains a data DVD with all four shows in digital lossless format plus the audio CDs. First person on the list, you know the drill. Peace, Richard Grateful Dead 03-28-85 Uniondale, N.Y. Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum SBD> MC> DAT> CDR Disk 1 Set 1 1: Truckin> 2. Smokestack*> 3. High Time 4. El Paso 5. Peggy-O 6. Cassidy 7. China Cat> I Know You Rider Set 2 8. Scarlet>

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    For keeping this vine growing! JP Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • TheNuthatch
    Default Avatar
    Here's the list: 44. JohnRParker5 45. sportzfreak260 46. TheNuthatch 47.
  • RaymondMBrown
    I will get this back out on the road... to JohnRParker.. Will post when complete and out. Raymond
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    we cant locate a copy
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    .......a reseed here as well :)
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Grate shows. Can we get this one restarted?
    Will PM stage banter - anyone know if he is still active? 41. caroline 42. Corey Neidel 43. stage banter 44. JohnRParker5 Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • stage banter
    Default Avatar
    who's next?
  • Corey Neidel
    Default Avatar
    This got sent back to me due to lack of postage on my part. Will put it back out tomorrow with the proper amount. Apologies to everyone on the list and especially to you stage banter. It will go tomorrow and apologies again.
  • stage banter
    Default Avatar
    41. caroline42. Corey Neidel 43. stage banter
  • Corey Neidel
    Default Avatar
    Thanks Caroline. Next to sign up and pm me their addy gets em and soon as I'm done spinning em.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by richard Posted: December 21, 2007 - 8:49am 1985 Vine I’ve listened to a lot of shows from 1985 and it seems to me that every night the band came out swinging for the bleachers. As often happens when you play that way, there are some strike-outs. But sometimes, when everything lines up “just exactly perfect”, you catch that sweet spot and launch a towering shot that sails out of sight. I believe these four shows represent a few of those shots. So jump on the vine, crank it up loud, and take a tour of the stratosphere with the greatest band in the history of rock-and-roll. This package contains a data DVD with all four shows in digital lossless format plus the audio CDs. First person on the list, you know the drill. Peace, Richard Grateful Dead 03-28-85 Uniondale, N.Y. Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum SBD> MC> DAT> CDR Disk 1 Set 1 1: Truckin> 2. Smokestack*> 3. High Time 4. El Paso 5. Peggy-O 6. Cassidy 7. China Cat> I Know You Rider Set 2 8. Scarlet>
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

3/28, 9/10, 10/28, 11/2 Thanks and Merry Christmas! (1) dstache (2) Hal R (3) brewster boy (notchloft)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

3/28, 9/10, 10/28, 11/2Thanks and Merry Christmas! (1) dstache (2) Hal R (3) brewster boy (notchloft) (4) Estim8ed
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

3/28, 9/10, 10/28, 11/2Thanks and Merry Christmas! (1) dstache (2) Hal R (3) brewster boy (notchloft) (4) Estim8ed (5) D00Dah His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I am at work today but just received a call from my wife informing me that FOUR packages arrived today, all containing vines. Presumably, this is one of them. Two of the others are probably '72 and '85. Can't figure out what the other could be. While this is very exciting news, it is also a bit overwelming. Please be patient with me.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Received an empty package that was sent to Hal. Post Office says there was a problem and the contents are gone. I think this must be it. Should I reburn the shows? Any suggestions must appreciated.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I think that's as good an idea as any, unless Richard says there's something about the originals that doesn't survive copying.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

The data DVD can survive copying but every time you copy an audio disc, the quality deteriorates a little - just like when you copy tapes.I will re-create the package (Data DVD plus audio discs) from the original data disc and send directly to Hal. That way everybody gets a shot at copying the best discs. Thanks for letting us know what happened dstache. Peace, Richard
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

New discs go out to Hal in today's mail. Peace, Richard
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

'85 Vine (1) dstache (2) Hal R (3) brewster boy (notchloft) (4) Estim8ed (5) D00Dah (6) kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) (7) RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 8. operator 9. chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 10. chichi1514 (ccsailor11@gmail.com) 11. Hunter "The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean." www.geocities.com/newcamptownraces/ gratefulgoddamneddead.html
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

From the Northwest to the NortheastI got this one on Friday, have ripped it and am dropping it off now at the local pharmacy which has a postal sevice substation and it will go out tomorrow to you Andy. Thank you Richard for doing this over as the other copy was lost in the mail. '85 Vine (1) dstache (2) Hal R (3) brewster boy (notchloft) (4) Estim8ed (5) D00Dah (6) kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) (7) RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 8. operator 9. chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 10. chichi1514 (ccsailor11@gmail.com) 11. Hunter
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com)
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Hey now,'85 now alive in NH and will go out to Estima8ed on Monday along with Gruga Halle, '81 and Carousel Ballroom 3/16/68 Many thanks to Richard for starting this vine and thanks to Hal for a smooth delivery. Peace, Andy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

Sorry for the delay, but I've been terribly busy lately. Sending out to D00dah tomorrow.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Got it, Have it, Ripped it, and ready to send it on to Kim... His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

This one is on it's way from the frozen banks of the upper Mississippi down to the balmy shores of FLA....Enjoy. His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

i am almost done copying the vine and should be able to send it out in a day or so. kim
user picture

Member for

16 years

once again behind you reedchris 1. dstache 2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

vine has been burned. awaiting redgrenadine's address. i am going on long overdue vacation (marco island) this week so if i dont get the address before monday, the vine will have to wait until i get back to be shipped. sorry. kim
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

im sending out the vine today. i am sorry it took me so long to get it out. honestly, i am not trying to kill these vines!
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

My first show was 6/25/85 and I've long loved and collected '85 shows. I had all of these back in the cassette days but not on disc. I'd best stop looking at vines lest I sign up for all of them!! Thanks everyone for making this work. It takes me back to my early years as a Headsending maxells out across the country. Gotta love the 'net. If you get confused, listen to the music play!
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff If you get confused, listen to the music play!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

I've sent this on to chasmo.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

im blasting this vine off to chichi1514 tomorrow thurs. have a great life everyone and peace to the world.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

These tapes are ready to go to Hunter, but I have been unable to get in touch with him to get his information. If anyone has his address or knows him, please tell him his tapes are ready. Also Sakparadise please send me your address... If I can't get in touch Hunter by the end of the week these tapes will come to you. Thanks --Christian
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy Thanks, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

count me in please :-)1. dstache 2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy 19. stuman Thanks,
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Count me in also please! pk 1. dstache 2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy 19. stuman 20. pkpotter
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

This is being sent out today to Sakparadise... I am so so so sorry I have had it for so long. I had been in the process of moving from FL to MA when this arrived but I am back and settled now. So here it is. Sorry again.
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy 19. stuman 20. pkpotter 21. Birdsong1969NJ
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Thanks 1. dstache 2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy 19. stuman 20. pkpotter 21. Birdsong1969NJ 22. MarkintheDark
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

If you get confused, listen to the music play! received by Jeff, burning as we speak.......
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

1. dstache 2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy 19. stuman 20. pkpotter 21. Birdsong1969NJ 22. MarkintheDark 23. fatdad82
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

sent it out today... If you get confused, listen to the music play!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1. dstache2 Hal R 3 brewster boy 4 Estim*ed 5 DOODah 6 kim 7 RedGrenadine 8 operator 9 chasmo 10 chichi1514 11 Hunter 12 Sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 13 reedchris 14.toddsnc 15. Grateful Jeff 16. erickat 17. joneb 18. That Nice Hippy Guy 19. stuman 20. pkpotter 21. Birdsong1969NJ 22. MarkintheDark 23. fatdad82 24.stephen in PA Leave it if you dare...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

to That Nice Hippy Guy...Thanks and sorry for the delay...Peace.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Will get it moving again within the next few days. Peace, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."