• 141 replies
    marye
    started by richard Posted: December 21, 2007 - 8:49am 1985 Vine I’ve listened to a lot of shows from 1985 and it seems to me that every night the band came out swinging for the bleachers. As often happens when you play that way, there are some strike-outs. But sometimes, when everything lines up “just exactly perfect”, you catch that sweet spot and launch a towering shot that sails out of sight. I believe these four shows represent a few of those shots. So jump on the vine, crank it up loud, and take a tour of the stratosphere with the greatest band in the history of rock-and-roll. This package contains a data DVD with all four shows in digital lossless format plus the audio CDs. First person on the list, you know the drill. Peace, Richard Grateful Dead 03-28-85 Uniondale, N.Y. Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum SBD> MC> DAT> CDR Disk 1 Set 1 1: Truckin> 2. Smokestack*> 3. High Time 4. El Paso 5. Peggy-O 6. Cassidy 7. China Cat> I Know You Rider Set 2 8. Scarlet>

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    For keeping this vine growing! JP Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • TheNuthatch
    Default Avatar
    Here's the list: 44. JohnRParker5 45. sportzfreak260 46. TheNuthatch 47.
  • RaymondMBrown
    I will get this back out on the road... to JohnRParker.. Will post when complete and out. Raymond
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    we cant locate a copy
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    .......a reseed here as well :)
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Grate shows. Can we get this one restarted?
    Will PM stage banter - anyone know if he is still active? 41. caroline 42. Corey Neidel 43. stage banter 44. JohnRParker5 Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • stage banter
    Default Avatar
    who's next?
  • Corey Neidel
    Default Avatar
    This got sent back to me due to lack of postage on my part. Will put it back out tomorrow with the proper amount. Apologies to everyone on the list and especially to you stage banter. It will go tomorrow and apologies again.
  • stage banter
    Default Avatar
    41. caroline42. Corey Neidel 43. stage banter
  • Corey Neidel
    Default Avatar
    Thanks Caroline. Next to sign up and pm me their addy gets em and soon as I'm done spinning em.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by richard Posted: December 21, 2007 - 8:49am 1985 Vine I’ve listened to a lot of shows from 1985 and it seems to me that every night the band came out swinging for the bleachers. As often happens when you play that way, there are some strike-outs. But sometimes, when everything lines up “just exactly perfect”, you catch that sweet spot and launch a towering shot that sails out of sight. I believe these four shows represent a few of those shots. So jump on the vine, crank it up loud, and take a tour of the stratosphere with the greatest band in the history of rock-and-roll. This package contains a data DVD with all four shows in digital lossless format plus the audio CDs. First person on the list, you know the drill. Peace, Richard Grateful Dead 03-28-85 Uniondale, N.Y. Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum SBD> MC> DAT> CDR Disk 1 Set 1 1: Truckin> 2. Smokestack*> 3. High Time 4. El Paso 5. Peggy-O 6. Cassidy 7. China Cat> I Know You Rider Set 2 8. Scarlet>
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

as of this morning 9-29. Peace, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Will have it out to PK , today .... Thank you Trevor ,, Thank you Richard for the seed !! Peace and Love ,,, Stu .....
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

To birdsong. hey thanks richard, very nice shows.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Out tuesday, monday is a holiday! columbus day.peace,pk
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hi, The 1985 arrived on Monday, forgot to post. Try to get it out by Saturday. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

23. fatdad8224.stephen in PA 25. solix
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Got it ready to go, I've pm'd him so I'll give him a few days to respond before skipping to stephen. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I've PM'd him a couple of times, I'll give him a couple of more days then skip to stephen. Not too many viners on the list, won't hurt too much to move to the end of the line. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

23. fatdad8224.stephen in PA 25. solix 26. PAPPYPGH ~ Pappy www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

...I'll be mailing the 1985 vine out to stephen in PA tomorrow. Hate to do it, but there's only a couple of people left so if fatdad shows back up he won't have to wait for long. Cheers, MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hi, Gave up on hearing from fatdad82 so I've gone ahead and sent the vine to stephen. Moved fatdad down to the end of the list. Cheers, MarkintheDark 1985 Vine 23.stephen in PA 24. solix 25. PAPPYPGH 26. fatdad82 27.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Sorry boys & girls, but I took a closer look at my collection and realized I HAVE THIS STUFF ALREADY!! What a tool I feel like....SO - SOLIX - please send straight to fatdad82. ~ Pappy www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

out in a day or two to solix Thanks to Richard and Mark! Vine on! .Leave it if you dare...
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Don't forget - SKIP ME and go straight to fatdad82!!! ~ Pappy www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

have pm'ed fatdad and just waiting on an answer. tick tick tick
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

still waiting
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Solix if U Just have It Waiting for somebody to send it to, send It my way....Will send PM with my address....Pappy said he has these Shows so im taking him off the list and moving Fatdad to the End, FD If ur out there send Me a PM wity your Address If u want it... 1985 VINE 23.stephen in PA 24. solix 25. Wind And Water 26. fatdad82
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I'd give up on him, fatdad82 has apparently been 86ed. I first PM'd him regarding this vine 11/11, and never heard back so I skipped him. I also PM'd him a couple of weeks ago looking for the Valentine's 88 vine which appeared to end at him, again with no response. I need to go ahead and summarize the results of my "vineyard weeding" from a couple of weeks ago, there are several dead vines and missing viners. I'll try to get it done this weekend, and post on the "New Vines" forum. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

sounds good, off to wind on monday
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

The 1985 Vine has found its way to me, safe & sound.I'll start on it when I get a chance, and it will be safe with me till it's time to go out to someone else.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I'm done copying this one, now all i need is someone to send me their address so i can send it out
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

I went ahead and left fatdad82 on the vine in case he shows back up. Otherwise I will send it on to whoever jumps on board next. 24. solix 25. Wind And Water 26. boise83 27. fatdad82
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

thanks bro saw that 83 boise show big funpeace wolff
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

24. solix25. Wind And Water 26. boise83 27. fatdad82 28.wolff 29. fluffhead420 thanx wolff "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

24. solix25. Wind And Water 26. boise83 27. fatdad82 28.wolff 29. fluffhead420 I thought I was a '70's Deadhead, but I am slowly but surely coming to see the genius of 80's and especially early 90's Dead. All hail consistency!!!! Thanks!
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

24. solix25. Wind And Water 26. boise83 27. fatdad82 28.wolff 29. fluffhead420 30. Arkdeadhead Come up with something worthwhile to say and I forget to put my name down!!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hey now boise83 He posted on the Boston Tea Party vine a couple of weeks ago but I haven't seen anything since. I've sent him a couple of PMs in the last few days but haven't heard back yet. So, this vine has been MIA for over a month? Don't know how I missed it... ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hi! Misread the posting date, only been a week since boise posted here. Also, that first PM I thought I sent Wind and Water about another vine appears to have gone to "Wind Up", who is no doubt confused. Dang address autocomplete. Looks like W&W checked in today, hopefully he's seen your PMs now. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Good luck getting in touch with fatdad, he disappeared back before Xmas. Let me know if you get a reply though, there's a vine or two I need to ask him about. When you haven't heard from fatdad in a few days go ahead and send the vine to wolff - you could probably go ahead and PM wolff for his address now, save a little time. Cheers, MitD ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

and ready to go out to wolff on Tuesday morning. Thanks everyone!!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

So I am just checking in on a friends computer, as mine has decided to have issues recently.been without technology but have been able to vine none the less... had to process about a half dozen vines without my computer, sorry about all delays! good to see that the 1985 Vine is alive.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

I guess Wolff forgot to post when he recvd/sent....nonetheless...Thanx.I'm gonna get Arkdeadhead's address and shoot it his way on Fri at the latest-assuming I can get his address...probably tomorrow though, i'll get on it tonite. "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

28.wolff 29. fluffhead420 30. Arkdeadhead 31. JackstrawfromColorado 32. "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

off to arkdeadhead tomorrow....arkansas to arkansas...should be quick "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Count me in... 28.wolff 29. fluffhead420 30. Arkdeadhead 31. JackstrawfromColorado 32. LoneStarDarkStar
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

28.wolff29. fluffhead420 30. Arkdeadhead 31. JackstrawfromColorado 32. LoneStarDarkStar 33. TxJed Good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

I have Lonestar's address. Will post again when I get these out early next week. "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

To Lonestardarkstar. Thanks again Richard! "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"