Grateful Dead

1073 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jonapi (not verified)
i see beyond the black sun

Malinda Ray Allen and Arrington de Dionyso.

-------Awesomeness----(----@

tristudios.com

The Other One-Live

Bobby Weir and The Nationals
With...
Head Count

-------------------------(-----@

Currently listening to...

...Matisyahu's "Selections from No Place to Be." Just finished listening to Chaise Lounge's sophomore album "Second Hand Smoke," and I'll be listening to Void's "Sessions 1981-83" next.

I'm one of those O.C.D. types who likes to rate the music on his/her iPod, and I had to re-boot my laptop's harddrive shortly before Christmas last year, so I've been listening to my entire album collection from "Absolution" to "93-03" in alphabetical order. And in case you're wondering, yes, it takes a LONG TIME to get through over 7,000 songs (especially when I keep adding new stuff and deleting stuff I don't really want anymore)....

fluffanutter's picture
Knobby Reed

Cure For The Blues (His most well known CD)
Knobby is a local legend where I live and he has the chops. It's a cryin' shame he can't make his night job pay. But I guess that is the blues and if you don't have'um you can't sing'um. He alternates between three different guitars in a power trio and he commands that phat sound. Catch him if you can, definitely worthy.

PonchoBill's picture
Bruce Cockburn Mix

Lovers in a Dangerous Time
Wondering Where The Lions Are
Rocket Launcher
If A Tree Falls
Waiting On A Miracle

Right Now

Just finished listening to The Samples' debut, self-titled album, currently listening to "Save The Turtles," and will be listening to "A Scarcity of Miracles" by Jakszyk, Fripp, & Collins up next.

jonapi (not verified)
Channel of Curiosities

“This odd museum merely documents, juxtaposes, relativizes – a perverse collection.”
– James Clifford, “On Ethnographic Surrealism”

In the Unofficial Channels column of the February issue of The Wire, I write about Flokimotheque, a YouTube playlist that revives the perverse poetics of ethnographic surrealism. The playlist contains more than 100 posts that each juxtapose a single still image with a single piece of music. Check it out to see how prolonged immersion in such a seemingly prosaic process can reconfigure the senses and send ripples across the surface of the Real."

- Tony Herrington
(re-posted with kind permission of the author, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher for The Wire Magazine).
http://www.thewire.co.uk/
http://www.thewire.co.uk/themire/

Flokimotheque -
http://www.youtube.com/user/florencelucas/videos

a fantastic little collection, containing everything from Nino Rota to Arne Nordheim, Vladimir Cosma to Mayo Thompson, Patty Waters to Rhys Chatham, music from Indonesia, Ennio Morricone, The Bug to Carla Bley, music from the Baka Forest People, Cabaret Voltaire to The Laneville-Johnson Union Brass Band.
one a day for 100 days and rising. treat yourself to a few minutes of the sidereal.

Deadicated's picture
As I'm

listening to the first half of the bonus disc from 3/22/72 included w/ the Reinhalle purchase (and will no doubt be glued to the second half tomorrow), I would like to make an obnoxiously obsessed request for this run to be released in its entirety.

Please.

listening to now

ray wiley hubbert,alive dylan bootleg from 1963,and some good old leon russell,seen him live in 71,oh! i cant leaveout a little working mans dead

Hal R's picture
Phil and Friends

Phil Lesh & Friends
1st Bank Center
Broomfield, CO
02/16/2012

Hope everyone is checking out this amazing three day run. 2/16,2/17, 2/18.

Warren Haynes and John Scofield trading leads. Whew!

Set 1

01 Intro
02 Jam>
03 Shakedown Street
04 Dire Wolf
05 Tennessee Jed
06 Pride of Cucamonga
07 Doin' That Rag
08 The Wheel >
09 Standing On The Moon
10 Just A Little Light

Set 2

01 Intro
02 Scarlet Begonias >
03 Fire On The Mountain
04 Rollin' & Tumblin'
05 Cryptical Envelopment >
06 Magic Bus >
07 The Other One >
08 Wharf Rat >
09 Help On The Way >
10 Slipknot >
11 Franklin's Tower
12 Crowd
Encore:
13 Donor Rap
14 Not Fade Away

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
What Are You Listening to RIGHT NOW?--Part The Eleven