Grateful Dead

1084 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
hippiechick308's picture
listening to

10-01-94 boston garden,dont know how i got to this show today,but am supposed to be doing things,and listened to 3 shows already..so im doing this... me and my uncle..

jonapi (not verified)
black eel apple patting

------------------------(----@

Bobby Weir
&
Bruce Hornsby

Together & Alone

Fabulous Music.
Magical, like Love Is, xo!
Actually, it's wordlessness,
like Love Is. But I try, xo!

I Love You Both...more than words~
can tell. Rock ON!

My time coming anyday...xo!

jonapi (not verified)
permutation of seven strawberries

Tania León - A la par.

Sonic Youth - 13/11/2011, Maquinaria Festival, Chile.

GRTUD's picture
Fool's Gold (~);-)

Sugaree ~ Olympia Theater, Paris France 1972

Happy April Fools Day Deadnet! Life is good ... See you all around!

gratefaldean's picture
The Byrds

Sweetheart of the Rodeo

(Untitled)

I think that it makes me something of a Byrds heretic to proclaim these two as my favorite Byrds albums...at least it would have circa 1971. Both CDs contain bonus tracks that enhance, rather than detract from, the original albums (hearing the original Gram Parsons vocals on several of the "Sweetheart" songs is worth the price of the CD itself. Regardless of whatever combination of legal problems and McGuinn insecurity kept them off the official release, I find it striking just how close McGuinn and Hillman in their own interpretations stuck to feel of Parsons' original takes).

I just saw Roger McGuinn a couple of weekends ago and seem to be on a bit of Byrds jag right now. There are worse places to be...

peetstr50's picture
A Miles Davis Recommendation

Althought I rarely buy compilations I dicovered that a Miles Davis compilation CD called 'Blue Moods: Music For You' has a rare live version of the song 'Fran-Dance', recorded somewhere in France in the 1950's, specific location/date unknown, and it it's my all-time favorite version of this beautiful song. Check it out :-)
Pete

cosmicbadger's picture
2 new acquisitions

Bat Chain Puller by Captain Beefheart. As last the original is out..big thanks to whoever mentioned it here a while back and sent me in its direction.

and

THE FIRST OF "BEAR'S SONIC JOURNALS": BIG BROTHER & THE HOLDING COMPANY FEATURING JANIS JOPLIN. LIVE AT THE CAROUSEL BALLROOM 1968, RECORDED & PRODUCED BY OWSLEY STANLEY ("BEAR")

Turn it up LOUD, it's a thrill ride. It is also a rather idiosyncratic mix from Bear with everthing from the PA (drums and voices) on the left hand channel and everything else (guitars) on the right. He explains why in the notes and even tells you how to arrange the speakers to get the best effect! Talking to us from the beyond.

---------------BobDylan-----(-----@

http://gozie.com/video/DOO5R32O6OU8/bob-dylan-1-Hurricane

"The news papers all went along for the ride..."

jonapi (not verified)
Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima

Krzysztof Penderecki.

Aphex Twin remix. performed after Penderecki's conduction.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
What Are You Listening to RIGHT NOW?--Part The Eleven