• 178 replies
    marye
    started by Oroboros Posted: December 10, 2007 - 9:50pm 4 Shows from May 1972 5/4, 5/11, 5/16/, & 5/26 1972 As requested by dstache, more May shows from the Grateful Dead's legendary Europe 1972 tour are offered. NOTE: For those seeking wonderful professional recordings, please visit the GD store and purchase Europe '72 (original and revised), Stepping Out, etc. If you don't have those, get 'em. In this vine, there are missing songs (eg. 5/11), some flaws (ie. 5/16), and several tunes out of order on 5/4. BUT, the educated among you may be able to make repairs (if your computer skills are not Flintsonean, as mine are) although what you see is what you get. And as Dick L. used to say "what you get, ain't bad at all." (Or something to that effect.) 5-4-72 Olympia Theater, Paris, France. Source: SBD>REEL>DAT>CDR (Thanks to Dave) (NOTE: *Song order was rearranged to fit on 3 CDs. Should be on 4 CDs to return to original setlist order.) SET I: 1. Greatest Story Ever Told, 2. Deal, 3. Mr. Charlie,

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • canadianmeds4u
    Default Avatar

Visit my website https://www.canadianmeds4u.com

• marye
    this vine is retired. Thank you all.
  • noonie
    Default Avatar
    .45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/2246. wolff --> in 3/24 --> out 3/30 47. ecb --> in 4/2 --> out 4/4 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50. noonie
  • ecb
    The 4 Europe Shows Vine is on it's way to England! 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff --> in 3/24 --> out 3/30 47. ecb --> in 4/2 --> out 4/4 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50. Thanks, Ed
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    I would like to jump in before it's retired.(couldn't afford the box :o( 44. t140v77 ---->>> out 3/14 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff 47. ecb 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50.
  • JackstrawfromC…
    "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • dstache
    Did anyone else say something along the lines of "WTF?!?!?" when they saw that Sunshine-daydream, Bob, signed up for a vine (and a 3 yr old one at that)? Hope all is well Bob!
  • Sunshine-daydr…
    sign me up please44. t140v77 ---->>> out 3/14 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff 47. ecb 48. sunshine daydream - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bob Spanish Jam
  • Oroboros
    A buddy's son of mine (who is a sound engineer) kindly joined all the spaces and edited the 'out of order' songs before I originally sent this out. I only seeded WAV so someone must have put these on the FLAC files. That is my update, anyway. 5 more months before this vine will be retired. Get it while you can. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Hey gang.I have a question about this vine. It sounds like it started out as an audio vine that contained some flaws. At some point, it sounds like the audio's were replaced with Flac's/SHN's. Does anyone know if the "new" seeds contain the same flaws as the old seeds. The show I'm mainly interested in is 5/11/72 (Bertha re-master). It sounds like the audio seeds had 2-second gaps in between songs. Does the new data version have these 2-second gaps? Thanks for any help. Peace, Chris
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by Oroboros Posted: December 10, 2007 - 9:50pm 4 Shows from May 1972 5/4, 5/11, 5/16/, & 5/26 1972 As requested by dstache, more May shows from the Grateful Dead's legendary Europe 1972 tour are offered. NOTE: For those seeking wonderful professional recordings, please visit the GD store and purchase Europe '72 (original and revised), Stepping Out, etc. If you don't have those, get 'em. In this vine, there are missing songs (eg. 5/11), some flaws (ie. 5/16), and several tunes out of order on 5/4. BUT, the educated among you may be able to make repairs (if your computer skills are not Flintsonean, as mine are) although what you see is what you get. And as Dick L. used to say "what you get, ain't bad at all." (Or something to that effect.) 5-4-72 Olympia Theater, Paris, France. Source: SBD>REEL>DAT>CDR (Thanks to Dave) (NOTE: *Song order was rearranged to fit on 3 CDs. Should be on 4 CDs to return to original setlist order.) SET I: 1. Greatest Story Ever Told, 2. Deal, 3. Mr. Charlie,
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

4 Europe Shows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/16, & 5/26 1972 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. 5. 6.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

Posted: December 12, 2007 - 2:17pm4 Europe Shows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/16, & 5/26 1972 4 Europe Shows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/16, & 5/26 1972 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Sorry, my attempts at joining the gaps with China Cat> Rider and with several gaps in the the Dark Star on 5/11 as well as similar 'uniting' of 5/4 tunes have proven unsuccessful. I did put in a call to one of my sons friends and am awaiting his computer expertise. So at this point I have still not sent out these shows and they are 'sitting here in limbo'. If he can't help, should I go ahead and send them on to you guys and see what someone might be able to do? After another listen, they are great shows but they would be much, much better with 'gap' elimination. So there you have it.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I am not THAT concerned with gaps. It seems that it has been decided that we should vine gapless music if possible. I have downloaded I-Tunes to achieve this. But it also seems that it is not possible or at least very difficult to eliminate gaps that ALREADY exist. Thus, Oroboros, if your copy of the Lyceum show has gaps on it, then you CAN'T eliminate them. If that is the case, then just mail them out as is. If your copy does not have gaps, maybe you could try downloading and using I-Tunes. Not a big deal to me either way. Sure I'd rather not have gaps but no biggie if there are.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

was made tonight on 'healing' these shows (3 of 4 done). They will be ready to send shortly. An expert is helpful (how many times do I have to learn that?) and I should have called in the sound engineer from the start. What was I thinking? This 'sound stuff' isn't like painting the living room. Will get these out shortly. Heads up, and get back Truckin' on!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

and heading east to dstache. Have a great Christmas and happy holidays, Viners (and all). Tim
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

4 Europe Shows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/16, & 5/26 1972Thanks Oroboros for planting a great vine! 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I am at work today but just received a call from my wife informing me that FOUR packages arrived today, all containing vines. Presumably, this is one of them. Two of the others are probably '68 and '85. Can't figure out what the other could be. While this is very exciting news, it is also a bit overwelming. Please be patient with me.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

4 Europe Shows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/16, & 5/26 1972Thanks Oroboros for planting a great vine! 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

sorry about the delay but been busy with the holidays and burning a TON of vines ('85, '82, this one, my Fall '77 Part 1, '89, etc). It's ready to go but unable to make it to the PO today. Will be on its way to Leanne on Wed.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thomas D4 Europe Shows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/16, & 5/26 1972 Thanks Oroboros for planting a great vine! 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah 11. thomasdblls(thomasdblls@hotmail.com)
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Got these shows today, thanks dstache. Tim~ Thanks for all of your hard work. (plus your buddy) Can't wait to leave work! I'll try to have these off to operator by Thursday. Enjoy the music PEACE
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

They are on the road to brewster boy.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Hello,Thanks to Tim and everyone involved in this vine. Got this today and will send out on Monday along with 2 other vines. Peace to all, Andy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

thanks to all who helped on this vine. got this vine thanks to brewster boy. will send it out monday to hall r. have a great super bowl weekend and go patriots from a west coast fan. peace to all on the vineyards, you all rock. chasmo.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

just blasted off this vine to hall r, hope you all voted today. peace,chasmo.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Sent today to Ltapilot. Sorry for the delay. Thank you Oroboros for getting this one going.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

on its way to 143or245.Glad you are back with us. Enjoy the music Thanks Tim and Friends for your vining prowess. Peace Rick
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Heynow, I'm tickled that those shows are making the rounds. And you are all very welcome. It is my pleasure x100!!!!!!!!! As Richard once told me "To be able to pass along a show is as much fun as getting a new one, maybe even more". I gotta agree. And this Vineyard has blossomed and born fantastic fruit. "In and out of the Garden he goes". That the Grateful Dead planted for us 'once, so long ago'. The vineyard is a wonderful spot to play and share! Take care all, Tim
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

thanx for the kinds words and well beams rick and everyone else as well...i am grateful to be back and vertical again. stay safe and feel good! (~):}}
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Glad you are back bro. If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

UncleJon These shows look tantalizing. I can't wait to give them a good listen! 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah 11. thomasdblls(thomasdblls@hotmail.com) 12. reedchris 13. Dead in MA (rparmele@yahoo.com) 14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com) 15. UncleJon
user picture

Member for

16 years

Nobody's been updating where things are - so it's hard to figure when to expect these. The last entry was March 20, and it's now May 1. By my reconing, I figure we should be around 11 or 12 by now - maybe even 13.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

UncleJon ...maybe Thomasdbbls? This vine has gone mysteriously silent...I'll start working backward to find it...
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

UncleJon Sent this PM to RedGrenadine, Doodah and Thomasdbbls: Trying to locate this vine, do any of you happen to have it? If so, please update the board so others know the status - it does not appear to have moved in awhile...
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

"when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door" Best I can tell maybe Hal, ltapilot or 143or245 has this vine?? It seems to have vanished...Red Grenadine Pm'd me and said he hasn't seen it yet...has anyone seen it? Does it really exist?
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

I sent this to 143or245 on March 6,2008.The quest continues. Ain't getting free music fun? Peace Rick
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

and if I don't hear from him I will reseed. I can see you guys have been waiting, so let me give him til Saturday and then I will get to it. RedGrenadine, you are next, right?
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I couldn't raise 143or245 (hope he is OK) so I need Zach's address to replant the Europe 72 vine. Let me know.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thomas DThey haven't come to me yet, I've been a little sidetracked lately and I had some other vines in my possession for too long( they're on their way now)...but I have not received this one, So go backwards from me thanks Tom
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

replanting this vine, and will send out to RedGrenadine and Zach will take it from there, vine on! take care tim
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

disregard the statements on the 5-4-27. "order rearraged to fit 3 discs" (the show is on 4 discs now to preserve the concert 'flow') and disregard the "I don't know how to fill the 'gaps" as these shows are now 'in concert order' as well as seamless, thanks to my son's buddy who is an sound engineer and was able to use his magic on the flaws. So much for the update. take care, viners.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Thank you Tim !! 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah 11. thomasdblls(thomasdblls@hotmail.com) 12. reedchris 13. Dead in MA (rparmele@yahoo.com) 14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com) 15. UncleJon 16. toddsnc 17. joneb 16. stuman oh ,, tag your it again joneb lol ..
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

I haven't heard from doodah in over a week so I am going to send this vine out to the next man on the list, reedchris. It will go out Monday morning.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

1. dstache2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah 11. thomasdblls(thomasdblls@hotmail.com) 12. reedchris 13. Dead in MA (rparmele@yahoo.com) 14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com) 15. UncleJon 16. toddsnc 17. joneb 18. stuman 19. That Nice Hippy Guy "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

HI folks, where do I put my address to get in on this vine...I'm new to this site, but certainly have been doing vines since the DAT days... thanks, Donnie L. (ursa minor) wish that for just one time, You could stand inside my shoes, and for just that one moment, I could be you - Bob Dylan, Positively 4th St.