• 178 replies
    marye
    started by Oroboros Posted: December 10, 2007 - 9:50pm 4 Shows from May 1972 5/4, 5/11, 5/16/, & 5/26 1972 As requested by dstache, more May shows from the Grateful Dead's legendary Europe 1972 tour are offered. NOTE: For those seeking wonderful professional recordings, please visit the GD store and purchase Europe '72 (original and revised), Stepping Out, etc. If you don't have those, get 'em. In this vine, there are missing songs (eg. 5/11), some flaws (ie. 5/16), and several tunes out of order on 5/4. BUT, the educated among you may be able to make repairs (if your computer skills are not Flintsonean, as mine are) although what you see is what you get. And as Dick L. used to say "what you get, ain't bad at all." (Or something to that effect.) 5-4-72 Olympia Theater, Paris, France. Source: SBD>REEL>DAT>CDR (Thanks to Dave) (NOTE: *Song order was rearranged to fit on 3 CDs. Should be on 4 CDs to return to original setlist order.) SET I: 1. Greatest Story Ever Told, 2. Deal, 3. Mr. Charlie,

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • canadianmeds4u
    Default Avatar

Visit my website https://www.canadianmeds4u.com

• marye
    this vine is retired. Thank you all.
  • noonie
    Default Avatar
    .45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/2246. wolff --> in 3/24 --> out 3/30 47. ecb --> in 4/2 --> out 4/4 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50. noonie
  • ecb
    The 4 Europe Shows Vine is on it's way to England! 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff --> in 3/24 --> out 3/30 47. ecb --> in 4/2 --> out 4/4 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50. Thanks, Ed
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    I would like to jump in before it's retired.(couldn't afford the box :o( 44. t140v77 ---->>> out 3/14 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff 47. ecb 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50.
  • JackstrawfromC…
    "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • dstache
    Did anyone else say something along the lines of "WTF?!?!?" when they saw that Sunshine-daydream, Bob, signed up for a vine (and a 3 yr old one at that)? Hope all is well Bob!
  • Sunshine-daydr…
    sign me up please44. t140v77 ---->>> out 3/14 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff 47. ecb 48. sunshine daydream - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bob Spanish Jam
  • Oroboros
    A buddy's son of mine (who is a sound engineer) kindly joined all the spaces and edited the 'out of order' songs before I originally sent this out. I only seeded WAV so someone must have put these on the FLAC files. That is my update, anyway. 5 more months before this vine will be retired. Get it while you can. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Hey gang.I have a question about this vine. It sounds like it started out as an audio vine that contained some flaws. At some point, it sounds like the audio's were replaced with Flac's/SHN's. Does anyone know if the "new" seeds contain the same flaws as the old seeds. The show I'm mainly interested in is 5/11/72 (Bertha re-master). It sounds like the audio seeds had 2-second gaps in between songs. Does the new data version have these 2-second gaps? Thanks for any help. Peace, Chris
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by Oroboros Posted: December 10, 2007 - 9:50pm 4 Shows from May 1972 5/4, 5/11, 5/16/, & 5/26 1972 As requested by dstache, more May shows from the Grateful Dead's legendary Europe 1972 tour are offered. NOTE: For those seeking wonderful professional recordings, please visit the GD store and purchase Europe '72 (original and revised), Stepping Out, etc. If you don't have those, get 'em. In this vine, there are missing songs (eg. 5/11), some flaws (ie. 5/16), and several tunes out of order on 5/4. BUT, the educated among you may be able to make repairs (if your computer skills are not Flintsonean, as mine are) although what you see is what you get. And as Dick L. used to say "what you get, ain't bad at all." (Or something to that effect.) 5-4-72 Olympia Theater, Paris, France. Source: SBD>REEL>DAT>CDR (Thanks to Dave) (NOTE: *Song order was rearranged to fit on 3 CDs. Should be on 4 CDs to return to original setlist order.) SET I: 1. Greatest Story Ever Told, 2. Deal, 3. Mr. Charlie,
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I just wanted to point out that this vine had stalled, didn't look like anybody still on the list was paying attention and it is a killer vine. Somebody needs to PM H2H, but I'm too busy to keep up with all the vines. boise and Birdsong signed up just a few days back but didn't see the vine was missing. It's kind of you offering to reseed the vine, pomo1, I just don't feel it's just not my place to ask. I'm sure #28 thru 30 would appreciate it, but then again apparently none of them noticed the vine had stalled. Don't know that I've seen H2H recently. Thanks, MitD ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

I will update this if and when I get get any info. If not a reseed would be killer. Give me a little time. "Circle songs and sands of time, and seasons will end in tumbled rhyme, and little change, the wind and rain."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

definitely got this vine because he PM'd me about it. I will sit tight for now, but let me know when I should re-seed."Let there be songs to fill the air."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

Can you PM me for my address when you get it Birdsong?As I'm sure everyone's aware I will be moving here in a few weeks...thanx! :) 24. ripple1974 25. deadheadben 26. Pomo1 27. hard_to_handle 28. grdaed73 29.boise83 30. Birdsong1969NJ 31. fluffhead420 "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I PM'd him awhile back. He's still got the vine, I forwarded him a copy of the sign up list. Don't know why he didn't get the vine back out, but maybe it'll get moving again now. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* *********Will work for blank discs & postage********** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

wait one week before re-seeding? "Let there be songs to fill the air."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

copying now and will send out today or monday, boise83 check your mail next week!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

on disc 2 of 5-11-72 @ the last 2 songs, Next Time You See Me and Dark Star, which is a bummer however it can still be copied up to that point, somewhere in Next Time it locks up the computer and it's hard boot time. looks like a pretty good size hole toward the outer edge. and i can't read the dvd unclejon sent along so i can't burn a new disc two... sorry! other than that all went well! hopefully someone down the road can read the dvd and make a new disc, until then copy with care!peace, thx4thetunes
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

29.boise8330. Birdsong1969NJ 31. fluffhead420 32. foid2001 Thank you!
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

I will let you know. -----Here come a riddle, here come a clue If you were really smart, you'd know what to do when I say Why am I going out of my head, whenever you're around? The answer is obvious, love has come to town-----
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

Out to Fluffy -----Here come a riddle, here come a clue If you were really smart, you'd know what to do when I say Why am I going out of my head, whenever you're around? The answer is obvious, love has come to town-----
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

It'll be mailed as soon as i verify Foid's address..... :)nice lil taste of europe "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

29.boise8330. Birdsong1969NJ 31. fluffhead420 32. foid2001 33. kingcargo.jb
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

today. Will send out to Jake R in a day or two.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

to Jake R today.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

However from the 5/11 show, all three cds that i recieved had issues so i made a new copy of each from unclejon's dvd to pass along.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Would anyone like to take this vine off my hands?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

I really want the 5/26/72 show. I just saw DSO re-enact it last night. And now I am dying to hear the dead version. I have been streaming it on archive but it's stream only. Please send it to me. Does this work like you send and e-mail attachment or something? 34. Jake R 35. lordmonkey 36. Dead Man Telling Tales 37. airbear (Ripley112@gmail.com)
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

"ask and ye shall receive." You got it man. I will send you this show. I'll send you an e-mail to get it. How bout' that? Here is how the vine thing works. Folks mail each other shows. You make copies and then mail it to the next in line. You pay the postage. When a show is posted on a thread, you sign up to get in line.
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

Finally out on the way to airbear. Glad to get this one out of the drawer.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Discovered Paris 5-4-72 during the 30 Days Promo. A Must Have! Sign Me Up! 36. Dead Man Telling Tales 37. airbear (Ripley112@gmail.com) 38. maustin 39. kwitt 40. JBH69Flyer Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Maybe I'll get a response to my inquiries. Hope so. These are pretty good shows. 36. Dead Man Telling Tales (said he mailed to airbear on 10-15) 37. airbear (Ripley112@gmail.com) PM and e-mail sent to airbear today (1-13) 38. maustin 39. kwitt 40. JBH69Flyer Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

36. Dead Man Telling Tales (said he mailed to airbear on 10-15)37. airbear (Ripley112@gmail.com) PM and e-mail sent to airbear today (1-13) 38. maustin 39. kwitt 40. JBH69Flyer 41. TheNuthatch
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Pm me an address and I will send a FLAC/SHN reseed. Raymond
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Didn't understand that he was supposed to move this on to the next person on the list not keep it. Everyone should read the New Vines topic, it answers all the questions you could possibly have about vining. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Haven't heard from airbear. No response to PM or e-mail. So I'm moving him to the bottom of the list. 38. maustin 39. kwitt 40. JBH69Flyer 41. TheNuthatch 42. airbear (Ripley112@gmail.com) PM and e-mail sent to airbear today (1-13) Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

No need to move airbear down the list because he (or she?) is the one who is sitting on this vine. DMTT posted that he sent it to airbear on Oct 15. And it's been missing ever since. RMB - I guess the re-seed would go to maustin.. 38. maustin 39. kwitt 40. JBH69Flyer 41. TheNuthatch 42. ? "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Thanks RaymondMBrown and JSFC. This vine goes to maustin and airbear comes of the list. 38. maustin 39. kwitt 40. JBH69Flyer 41. TheNuthatch 42. ? Great Work Everybody! Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

38.maustin39.kwitt 40.JBH69Flyer 41.TheNuthatch 42.poncho
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Start a full Europe 72 vine to help the mob whom for whatever reason can't get a hold of the "Big Release" =) I can see the pitch forks and torches coming ... lol! Lock your doors, hide your children and wives, run for your lives!! lol!! "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

I'm OFF the list 38.maustin 39.kwitt 40.JBH69Flyer 41.THeNuthatch 42.
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

This reseed is going out to maustin today. Sorry for delay! Raymond OUT 1/26 38.maustin 39.kwitt 40.JBH69Flyer 41.THeNuthatch 42.
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

38.maustin39.kwitt 40.JBH69Flyer 41.THeNuthatch 42. zepthompson
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Hoping this made it to Wisconsin?? Raymond.
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

came sometime last week along with some others. will be bustin my hump to get caught up
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

out 2-16.....enjoy!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 11 months

Thanks maustin. Will go out to JBH69Flyer tomorrow.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Thanks kwitt!! Arrived safely. 39.kwitt 40.JBH69Flyer (in 2-25) (out 2-26) 41.THeNuthatch 42. zepthompson 43. njpaulc On the road to the Great NorthWest. Best Wishes-Jimmy