Rheinhalle, Dusseldorf, West Germany 4/24/72 For however many Springs I got left this and the others are what I'll be listening to.
"Kids" from the band's debut EP, 'Time to Pretend'. An interesting release but nowhere near the level of 'Oracular Spectacular' or 'Congratulations'.
"Blue Monk" from 'The Essential Thelonious Monk'
Oh, man, that new Eric Burdon record is AMAZING! I've loved the Animals since I was a kid and managed to snag both RSD 45s. But yeah, "'Til Your River Runs Dry" is a stunning album and definitely one of the best I've heard in the last year or so.
JJ Grey and Mofro -- This River
Eric Burdon -- 'Til Your River Runs Dry
Speaking of Eric Burdon, I also snagged one of those Animals RSD mono releases, sounded pretty nice. Also, Richard Thompson, Jason Isbell/Elizabeth Cook, Avett Bros/Randy Travis, Gary Clark Jr, Mike Cooley, Jimi Hendrix, all on vinyl (I think that I'm forgetting something here), and a pristine used vinyl copy of the Ramones "Rocket to Russia."
But missed the Dead RSD release...
Boards Of Canada
Listening to the LPs I was lucky enough to snag on Record Store Day this past Saturday. Sadly, I missed the 'Dead's release as well as the re-issue of Pink Floyd's "See Emily Play," but I did get some pretty great records! There are a few other special releases I picked up that I haven't opened yet, too, like "The Animals Is Here" and "The Animals Are Back" to name a few. Managed to get quite the haul this year!
- "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" by David Bowie*
- "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" by David Bowie
- "Album" by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- "Public Image" by Public Image Ltd.
- "(The Night the Sky Cried) Tears of Fire/Farstar" by the Sword*
- "Hammer of Heaven" by the Sword*
- "The Madcap Cries" by Syd Barrett*
- "The Only Way to Go Is Straight Through" by Thurston Moore and Loren Connors
* non-Record Store Day releases
The Mighty Quinn