• 303 replies
    marye
    started by richard Winterland October 1974 Hello friends, Today I offer up another vine I hope you all will enjoy. This is a five night stand at Winterland in 1974. It is my understanding that these shows provided the tracks for the live album “Steal Your Face.” With that in mind, let me say this - I already own 'Steal Your Face', both on vinyl and on CD. IMHO, it would show appropriate support for a band that is so generous with their copyrighted material for parties interested in these shows to buy/already own a copy of 'Steal Your Face' as well. Following are the dates and setlists. First person on list needs to PM me with an address. Vine on, Richard 1. 2. 3. 4. 10-16-74 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Wed) 1: Bertha, Jack Straw, Deal, Mexicali, Roses, BIODTL, Scarlet, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland, Row Jimmy, Playin 2: Phil & Ned> Space> Wharf Rat> Space> Eyes, Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin> GDTRFB> Uncle John, Johnny B. Goode E: U. S. Blues Bob Weir's 27th

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • wtractor
    Default Avatar
    HOW DO I GET A COPY OF THESE? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
  • DarkStarr1971
    1.) gdhead77 2.) zbinks 3.) toddsnc 4.) stuman 5.) joneb 6.) pkpotter 7.) that nice hippy guy 8.) MarkintheDark 9.) estimatedprophet71
  • Oroboros
    and on the way east to gdhead77. So you all can send your addresses to one another up and 'down the line'. May this vine be back and "burst into bloom.."
  • Oroboros
    OK, got the discs done for this reseed (CD only, no DVD)
    and tomorrow I will copy the setlists and info that Richard originally sent us out on the lineage of these shows. Then I will go to the post office on my lunchbreak and send out to gdhead77 (who emailed me immediately, that eager beaver). Then you guys/gals can get this vine growing (as stu so aptly puts it). Note: the 'seastones' is on Disc 4 of the 10-20-74 set, where Ned Lagin and Phil Lesh regal us with sonic weirdness and twilight zone soundtrack material. (this was usually between the first and second set). That one isn't listed on the info but as I recall it is was included/added at some point to complete this 5 show Winterland run. 10-20-74 was the last show of the massive "Wall of Sound". And then in the second and third set that night, Mickey Hart reunited with his bandmates in for the first time in nearly 4 years. 'The Last One' was even stamped on the ticket stubs after the show. The Grateful Dead were taking a hiatus to recharge their collective batteries and this run of shows had special significance on several levels. And boy did they recharge !!! ;o} Thanks Richard for sharing this historic run. Vine on!
  • stuman
    Default Avatar
    Thank you very much Tim !! It is nice to see the vines start to grow again .. " Let it grow " vine on !!
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    If somebody's going to the trouble of reseeding, I'm in! Thanks Oroboros! WINTERLAND OCTOBER 1974 1. gdhead77 - mmeyer@extend.com 2. Zbinks 3. toddsnc 4. stuman 5. joneb 6. pkpotter 7. That Nice Hippy Guy 8. MarkintheDark
  • Oroboros
    WINTERLAND OCTOBER 1974 1. gdhead77 - mmeyer@extend.com 2. Zbinks 3. toddsnc 4. stuman 5. joneb 6. pkpotter 7. That Nice Hippy Guy
  • Oroboros
    So here is the waiting list, (show WILL be starting soon)
    As soon as I get the 15 CD's ripped&burnt and then get them sent to the next person on the list. Richard provided a classic Winterland run and we got to keep this one going. WINTERLAND OCTOBER 1974 1. gdhead77 - mmeyer@extend.com 2. Zbinks 3. toddsnc 4. stuman 5. joneb 6. pkpotter
  • That Nice Hippy Guy
    15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu)16.iknowurider 17. Deadicated 18. reedchris 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com) 20. gdhead77 - mmeyer@extend.com 21. Zbinks 22. toddsnc 23. stuman 24. joneb 25. pkpotter 26. That Nice Hippy Guy Thank you, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
  • pkpotter
    15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu)16.iknowurider 17. Deadicated 18. reedchris 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com) 20. gdhead77 - mmeyer@extend.com 21. Zbinks 22. toddsnc 23. stuman 24. joneb 25. pkpotter
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums
started by richard Winterland October 1974 Hello friends, Today I offer up another vine I hope you all will enjoy. This is a five night stand at Winterland in 1974. It is my understanding that these shows provided the tracks for the live album “Steal Your Face.” With that in mind, let me say this - I already own 'Steal Your Face', both on vinyl and on CD. IMHO, it would show appropriate support for a band that is so generous with their copyrighted material for parties interested in these shows to buy/already own a copy of 'Steal Your Face' as well. Following are the dates and setlists. First person on list needs to PM me with an address. Vine on, Richard 1. 2. 3. 4. 10-16-74 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Wed) 1: Bertha, Jack Straw, Deal, Mexicali, Roses, BIODTL, Scarlet, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland, Row Jimmy, Playin 2: Phil & Ned> Space> Wharf Rat> Space> Eyes, Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin> GDTRFB> Uncle John, Johnny B. Goode E: U. S. Blues Bob Weir's 27th
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 6 months

1. rich02722. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl (IN 2/06, OUT 2/20) 4. Silent Movie Actress (IN 2/28 5. stepineden72 6. These shows are amazing! I'll pm stepineden72 to try to get an address.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 2 months

In reply to by Silent Movie Actress

1. rich02722. JohnRParker5 (IN 1/23, OUT 1/24) 3. Island Girl (IN 2/06, OUT 2/20) 4. Silent Movie Actress (IN 2/28 5. stepineden72 6. These shows are amazing! I'll pm stepineden72 to try to get an address.