• 1,335 replies
    marye
    Got ideas for how things should be run differently in the Vineyard? Improvements? Suggestions? Brainstorms? Truckloads of fertilizer? Post here.,On the floor at MSG... one perfect song after another...and we were beyond elated with disbelief and gratitude. This was truely a fantasy set list and, in my opinion, the best of my 8 show run.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Any recommendations for MP3 to WAV conversion software?? "Escaping through the lily fields, I came across an empty space. It rainbow then exploded, left a bus stop in its place. The bus come by and I got on, thats when it all began. It was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land"
  • dstache
    Sorry about that, fluff. It was LoneStarDarkStar. Looks like he mailed them out sometime after 5/19, Tommo received them, and that Tommo mailed it out after I did my research. Just a little lack of communication there. It had been 3 weeks since there was any apparent movement on that vine so I noted it. But all is well and that vine is continuing to spread.
  • pomo1
    I have already re-seeded More May 77. I will also re-seed one of MitD's stalled vines, Maples Pavillion 2/9/73 (a great show IMHO) and also Lewiston, Maine, 9/6/80, to get things started. Give me a few days to figure out who is next and to PM for addresses. "One watch by night, one watch by day If you get confused, listen to the music play"
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    (I) Northern New England Wish List: on 5/19 fluffhead420 said he would PM Tommo for his address. Estim8ed was after Tommo. No word. "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
  • pomo1
    thanks again and congratulations on the proper use of the word "perusal." After an exhaustive, and exhausting, perusal of all the Grateful Dead and JGB (and LOM, and Recon, etc) vines, but NOT vines for other bands or even the current incarnation of the boys, here is what I have: (1) For all the trouble we seem to be having, this is an AWESOME place. The MAJORITY of vines are either still alive or have died a natural death, i.e., the last person on the list received it and no one signed up after. My collection has grown by leaps and bounds because of the vineyard. Let's be grateful for what we have. It reminds me of the saying that democracy is the worst form of government, except for every other kind. Sure, we have problems, but all in all this may be the best place for Heads on the internet. (2) Communication is the key. Going through the vines, I noticed the lack of communication. It is difficult to figure out on some of them where the vine died. Post often, post when you receive the vine, post when you mail it out and to whom mailed it. (3) Although I initially disagreed with the recommendation, I now agree that we should PM the person after us, both to confirm they are still active and their address. (4) Emergencies happen. We need to be patient with that. Just let us know and we will be. As we all know, Hal has a family illness. He has a few vines and I am sure we all want him to take whatever time he needs. (5) As I said, sometimes it isn't clear, but when your name appears numerous times it is tough to give you the benefit of the doubt. For example, if 3 different people say they mailed you 3 different vines, and none of the vines turn up again, it is difficult to blame the mail (it DOES happen, but NOT to the same person that many times). (6) The bad guys. No doubt about these characters. They are the Bermuda Triangle of viners. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MORE VINES UNTIL THEY CLEAR THINGS UP WITH THE COMMUNITY. Do not just send them a PM and ask if they are active; they have caused too many vines to disappear for that. They are vine killers. They have killed before, and they will kill again. (a) Chinacat503 appears to have killed at least 3 vines (Nov 72, Eurovines # 4 & # 5). (b) Markinthedark, once a great viner, appears to have absconded with at least 6 vines (KPFA, Maples 2/9/73, Flac Me Flac You, 12/27/77, Early Stuff Vol 1, 3 and Augusta 10/12/84); (c) gratefulmikes appears to have killed at least 8 vines (funiculi funicula, 93 by request, Legion of Mary, Winterland June 77, NYE 83, Summer 82, Greek 84 and LOM Mystery). NOTE THAT he is signed up to soon receive Europe 74 so heads up birdsong1969nj and Jimbo (unclear who has it right now)!!!! He may also have killed Red Rocks 9/8/83 (or Deadhead Ben never sent it to him) (d) Day Glo Louisville appears to have killed at least 4 vines (Eurovine Acoustic, Garcia/Saunders 73, March 28,31/73, Jerry solo 4/10/82). He is also an interesting person in the Garcia Party disappearance; (e) j.straw (NOT to be confused with jackstrawfromcolorado) seems to have disappeared with at least 5vines (Lewiston 9/6/80, Beacon 6/14/76, Fox 85, 3 from 82 and Hampton 89 reseed) (f) canyon critter seems to have killed at least 4 vines (Acid Test, 1985 vine, History Buffs, and Fillmore East 9/20/70); (g) PAPPYPGH appears to have killed at least 3 vines (Hampton/Harrisburg...84, 2/17/82, JGB 1977 Part 2, Silver Stadium 6/30/88), not to mention the Fall 79 Part 1.5 Rhino fiasco (either Pappy or Solix killed this one, tough to tell who). Pappy also should have recently received the Spring 88 parts 1 and 2 vines (Stephen in PA sent them on 5/28). Finally, he is up soon on More May 77 and JGB Keystone 12/21/79 (DON'T SEND THEM TO HIM!!!!) (7) Guys who have a little explaining to do. I am not sure here whether they have commited multiple vine slayings, or were just irepeatedly n the wrong place at the wrong time. These guys should explain to the community what happened before being welcomed back, but any old explanation will do. (a) Sakparadise is a suspect in at least 2 vine kills (Glen Falls 82, Fall 79 Part 2) and there are some questions about 2 other vines. Sakparadise posted on 4/29 that he would mail out the March 90 vine to Row Timmy. The vine has not been seen since. On 5/20 jackstrawfromcolorado, the good jack straw, posted the he would mail the Pink Floyd vine to sakparadise. That vine hasn't been seen since. It hasn't been that long for Pink Floyd (it was my vine, that is why I looked it up) so it may be ok, and Row Timmy has his issues so it may have been him on March 90. (b) Row Timmy was apparently involved in a couple of mysterious vine disappearances. March 90 discussed above and 3 from 75, which PKpotter said he mailed to Row Timmy on 9/12/08. (c) Brother Tom is suspected in 2 vine slayings. Solix said he mailed Cream Filling 73 to our holy friend. Brother Tom was the last person to receive Matrix Volume 1, and it wasn't until 2months later that anyone else signed up, but he doesn't seem to have passed it on. (d) Deadheadben seems to have slayed the infant Cleveland Convention Center 12/06/73, before it had much of a chance to travel the country. Either he or grateful mikes killed Red Rocks 9/8/83. And either he or Hard To Handle killed Sante Fe 83. (8) Guys who had minor hiccups [hopefully) (a) my friend Dave C was the last to have Early 69 (shoot, don’t know what volume this was, sorry) (posted 5/13) and should have received Early Stuff Vol 2 (unclejon posted on 5/20 that he mailed it out). Dave C posted that he had computer problems. I am sure he either sent these vines on and didn’t post (here, another call for communicating, post often) or is resolving his computer problems and will soon send them on. Ejjd is next on Early 69 and Jake R on Early Stuff Vol 2. (b) Darkstar1971 (aka Estimatedprophet 1971) rides the rails quite often. I think he is an engineer, the kind you think of when you are kid (a train engineer) but never meet. Hal posted on 3/19 that he mailed DarkStar1971 Fall 77 Part 2. No word since. DarkStar1971 was the last to have Orpheum 7/12/76, pisting on 4/20. Pomo1 is next for Orpheum. (9) Specific vines not mentioned above, many probably involved miscommunications. If you are involved here and can help resolve, please do. You don’t even need an excuse here, just a “I never got it” or “I sent it out” or even a “sorry” will suffice. (a) 3/28/81: Benny Jakes stalled this one for 3 months but eventually passed it on to On The Road Again, who apparently killed it. (b) Felt Forum 1971: greatfullygrateful was the last to post having it, said he had a family emergency, never posted having sent it on to Arkdeadhead. © Repatriation 1971: Fluffhead420 posted on 4/8/09. He was last in line. 3 weeks later Jake R and dpwstldeadfan signed up. No word on where this vine is. (d) Eurovine # 1: Dead Man Telling Tales posted on 4/20. He was last in line. Jake R and others signed up later. Now word on where this vine is. (e) Keith’s First Few Months: dpwstldeadfan posted on 5/6. Only Gr8tful Ted is signed up after. He may have received it and not posted. (f) Valentine’s Day: fluffhead420 posted on 3/9. He was last in line. Lord Monkey and Jake R signed up after. No word on where this vine is. (g) MSG 93 Part 2: Tommo posted on 3/24 that he sent it to Toddsnc. No word since. (h) Jai Alai 74: On 5/12 KingCargoJB posted that he mailed it to Emily J. Slimee is after her. No word since. (I) Northern New England Wish List: on 5/19 fluffhead420 said he would PM Tommo for his address. Estim8ed was after Tommo. No word. (j) 70 & 73: On ½ Estim8ed said he mailed it to Chasmo, who said he never received it. Probably lost in the mail. (k) BCT 86: on 4/13 ark deadhead posted that he would mail to Pkpotter. No word. (l) Little Bit of Jerry: on 4/14 Long Rifle posted that he had it. OneGratefulDad and Fleaflicker were next. No word. (m) 5 Garcia shows: on 5/21 cacthim hickory matt (or something like that) posted that he got them. Fleaflicker and Space Otter were next. No word. (n) Dead/NRPS 1970: on 5/5 birdsong1969nj said he would mail out to test4965. No word. (o) Pigpen Shotgun: on 5/8 Phat Moye said he would mail out to Jake R. Da roach was after that. No word. (p) Brent’s Last show video: lost in mail btwn gadeadhead and JimmyC (q) More May 77: on 5/28 Pomo1 posted he would reseed to Larry Here. PAPPY IS NEXT. LARRY HERE SKIP PAPPY!!!! ® More Mary: on 1/23, rambleinbearisgrateful posted that he mailed to Tommo. Stuman, then bearisgrateful were next. No word. Lost in mail? (s) Bill Graham Tribute: Playdead apparently killed. This vine was reseeded to the person after him. (t) Shoreline 91: on 12/24 Chasmo posted that he had it. ark deadhead was next. No word. Apparently Chasmo killed it. (u) merriweather 6/30/85: on 4/29 fluffhead420 posted that he PM’d OneGratefulDad for his address. No word. (v) Boston Tea Party 1969: on 5/11 Slimee posted having it. Dpwstldeadfan was next. No word. (10) I am too tired for final thoughts. All will be forgiven, except for that first group. I hope those that have disappeared with vines are ok, and are only AWOL here and not in reality. Others can figure out what to do next. I am not proofreading this so there are probably some spelling and grammatical mistakes. Vine on!!! "One watch by night, one watch by day If you get confused, listen to the music play"
  • dstache
    I think we should do all the vine stalling discussions here. Feel free to copy and paste my detective work here, Pomo. I agree re: the reseeding, especially for SHN/FLAC. With WAV though, it's one more generation away from the original so it isn't ideal.
  • pomo1
    to re-seed some of the vines that have crashed. Should we re-post Dstache's list in this topic and people can try to solve the issues, whether by re-seeding or prompting people or however? In other words, do we need a separate "stalled vine" topic, or just do it here? I also believe that it would be appropriate for persons other than the original seeders to re-seed where feasible. The original seeders have already gone through the expense and time of planting, and others should help to get the vines re-growing. Just my opinion. Thanks again for everyone's input and effort. If anyone hears from MitD, please let us know. "One watch by night, one watch by day If you get confused, listen to the music play"
  • UncleJon
    Yep, I'm concerned too. I even went so far as to try and do some basic internet sleuthing to see if I could get any google/dogpile hits for Mark Stanfield in the Louisville, KY area. "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
  • JackstrawfromC…
    I know. All the things I can think of what possibly happened aren't real good. Im trying to think positive though. Maybe he just wanted to get away... "Escaping through the lily fields, I came across an empty space. It rainbow then exploded, left a bus stop in its place. The bus come by and I got on, thats when it all began. It was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land"
  • marye
    I admit it, I'm worried about MITD also.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Forums
Got ideas for how things should be run differently in the Vineyard? Improvements? Suggestions? Brainstorms? Truckloads of fertilizer? Post here.,On the floor at MSG... one perfect song after another...and we were beyond elated with disbelief and gratitude. This was truely a fantasy set list and, in my opinion, the best of my 8 show run.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

I have been away for a couple of months dealing with a very unexpected death in our family. Being the oldest of 3 I had to handle the details of which there were many in a very unorganized fashion. The storm has finally passed thank (insert whoever you belive in here). I believe it is safe to resume vining. I apologize for not posting here sooner,but I'm sure everyone here will understand the situation. It looks as if there are some really cool vines in the mix. I think I have two vines, that I will find out who is next in line and send off asap!! I apologize for the delays and will repair my surely tarnished vining reputation stat!! Kevin
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Kevin. Sorry about ur loss and no worries. There are a few of us here who have been having issues as of late. I hope smileydave still doing alright. Thanks again for the update. As we all know communication is a must in this lil place.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

That stuff is always very hard. Don't worry, your reputation is just fine here brother! "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Sorry for your loss, Kevin. Glad to have you back.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

Sorry to hear of your loss .. welcome back .. " Life is`nt about running from the storm, it`s about learning to dance in the rain "
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

Thanks for the support guys. I have sent off one vine (New 90's Pt 1) and I cannot locate the other that I was supposed to have (Capital Center '91) I posted to the vine offering blanks if someone would re-seed. That should have me up to date. If anyone knows of vines that I was the death of let me know and I will try to help. Again thanks to eveyone in this community for your understanding of life's ups and downs and for all you do for the vineyard. Especially those who have vined with me for years now and always have the back of a brother, as I wil always have yours when you need it.Kevin
user picture

Member for

13 years 9 months

starting to turn arond here, slowly though. I will try to get working on some of these vines, jst depends on how much stamina i have. thanks all for your well-wishes and patience
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

It seems a few folks have been through some hard times lately and they have received nothing but kindness and understanding. Here's some good springtime wishes to all of you! I think the members of this vineyard really must be one of the nicest groups of people anywhere on the web.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

We rock! Hang in there Matt and take your time! Anybody going to Furthur Sunday night? "Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own."
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

A very special place indeed. Sure wish I was going to be in NY this weekend... ahh well .. Matt - Great to hear that things are getting better! Please take your time with vine turn around. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

There is a chance that I may be moving by April. If I do or not I will let you know. Hopefully I can still vine but if life gets in the way the vineyard would have to be put on hold for me. If this is the case I will mail any remaining vines that haven`t been signed up on to JSFC to hold onto.-Jake
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

at least I hope so - good luck with the move as for me - I'll be back in Calif. Tuesday night I got a couple vines with me that I may get out on Monday the ones waiting for me in Sunnyvale will be turned around within a day or two of my return THANKS ALL!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Without sounding too hyperbolic, last night's Furthur show (3/27) at Radio City was far and away the best post-Jerry show of any type I have seen. If you get the chnce, check out the setlist and even more check out the guests, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, etc, etc. "Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own."
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Set I: Samson & Delilah Chest Fever (w/Larry Capmbell) Tennessee Jed (w/Larry Campbell & Elvis Costello) Friend of The Devil (w/Larry Campbell & Elvis Costello) Ship of Fools > (w/Larry Campbell & Elvis Costello) It Must Have Been The Roses > (w/Larry Campbell & Elvis Costello) Ship of Fools (w/Larry Campbell & Elvis Costello) Cassidy Ripple (w/Larry Campbell, Elvis Costello & Diana Krall) Set II: Throwing Stones Sunrise (w/Teresa Williams) St. Stephen > Radio City jam > St. Stephen > What's Become of The Baby > (w/Teresa Williams) The Eleven > Uncle John's Band... (w/Larry Campbell) Unbroken Chain > The Wheel > Morning Dew > Sugar Magnolia Encore: Donor Rap Days Between Encore II: Phil Banter Jam > (w/Larry Campbell, Elvis Costello & Diana Krall) Fever (w/Larry Campbell, Elvis Costello & Diana Krall) Encore III: Phil banter/intros Attics of My Life (w/Elvis Cosello & Teresa Williams) Does anyone out there know if the Dead ever did "Whats Become of the Baby" live? "Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own."
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

I think it was last played by the GD in 1969. They did one on 4/26/69 in Chicago. Of course Furthur did it at FurthurFest last year. I agree that they are firing on all cylinders so far in 2011!! "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 2 months

Keep a song in your heart. higher i never did care for the crowd noise.
user picture

Member for

13 years 9 months

for the well wishes...what a helluva past 6 weeks. now that all the crap is behind its time to start burnin' and turnin', spinnin' and grinnin'......will try to keep posted but be on the lookout for packages from wisconsin!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

It's called vibe vault, I can download shows directly to my phone from archives.org .. This is awesome since I can't find a flax player for Android or a download manager that actually works .. just thought I would share this with you all ... Take care .... " Life is`nt about running from the storm, it`s about learning to dance in the rain "
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

I will be stayin at my current address for a little while longer it seems.
user picture

Member for

13 years 9 months

i'm not 100% yet but please contact me before shifting me around in order on vines. it was grately appreciated, but i can handel a few vines. and just to update, i just "beat on this round the big C"......total remission, am weak but gettin by. and besides now that the snow is gone, ain't nothin' better than a walk to the p.o......thanks again all!
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Take care brother. That is great news and man, I'm sorry you are going through that. <> "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Anyways, it was supposed to say inside the <> ... positive healing wishes and vibes to you "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

The positive vibes will continue to be sent your way from the Vineyard. "Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 2 months

sorry about crazy stupid rant , no excuses , was on mushrooms bad , i am sorry if i ever said anything bad about anyone personally
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

I have been investigating different ways to store files on line, that would be accessible by more than one person. I have put some shows on a skydrive. The files are downloadable, no passwords are needed. If any of you want to try it out, feel free and PM me to let me know how it worked. (or didn't work) Here is the address: http://cid-0908c9749ff4b1b3.skydrive.live.com/home.aspx?sa=795624458
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

I will be vining the 1969 Lossless Project composed of 5 parts by the end of the month. I will being posting multiple parts at once. I ask that once these get the go ahead, no one has more than one vine at a time, please. So if you sign up first on more than one, I will be sending it to the person after you. Don't take it as disrespect I just wanna keep this music moving. That being said, enjoy this healthy dose of Pigpen and 1969.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

So, Jake, are you including the shows that were vined as Early 69 (which included most of Jan-Apr) in the 1969 Lossless Project? I don't know if there are 5 parts if you don't include those shows. I am very interested in all the shows not included in the Early 69 parts. Thanks!
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Cancel that, just saw your post in the Early 69 thread. Makes sense. Looking forward to the later shows!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Glad to see everyones excited about these vines. Ive been wanting some shows from this great yr in lossless for some time now as the majority that have been vined here were on cd that I signed up on forever ago it seems. Listening to the Lovelight from an old Woodstock Bootleg many years ago got me to be a Pigpen fan. Thanks to Rick for sendin me the shows and I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do. You can never have too many Dark Stars, The Other Ones, or Lovelights IMO. Long live the vineyard and happy vining to all.
user picture

Member for

16 years

Rick? As in Ltapilot? It's because of him the '67 vine is out there...Thanks Rick
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

LTAPilot behind the scenes!! Thanks for everything Rick =) If I remember correctly he lives like 30 min from me ... "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture

Member for

16 years

I have been able keep things mostly organized since being part of this community. I am at a total loss. I got some Feb-Mar 2011 Further stuff in the mail, and I have been up and down the threads, and I don't see a 2011 Further vine. I am sure it's right in front of my face. Is there a 2011 Further Vine?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Not a Furthur Vine. Just a couple of shows to share. Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Well it appears I need a new burner. I wont be able to get one for a lil bit so I`ve sent all my original 1969 DVDs from Rick to kwitt so he can burn and turn instead of me risking more DVD issues. Everyone should be getting replacement discs and Parts 4 and 5 should be sent soon.I apologize for the hangup but I promise its worth the wait.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

No problem Jake, thanks for all your hard work on this one! And thanks for stepping in, Kwitt!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

The original DVDs arrived today. Will burn and turn each of the five vines ASAP. Thanks Jake!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

I have re-burned all 5 vines although it looks like JBH69Flyer fixed #1. The remaining 4 will ship tomorrow. I'll update each vine list once they ship. Thanks to Jake for providing well organized info. Great stuff here folks!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Thanks kwitt for the great job on fixing the 1969 Vines. Yes, I was able to DL the needed shows to fix the 1969 Vine Part One. Planning to send zepthompson my fixes and then send the vine out to the next person on the list. Thanks again to Jake R for starting this vine and kwitt for the fixes. Great Stuff!! Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Keith and Jimmy side note headed out of town later this week I'll try to update any vines where it looks like I should be knocked down a notch or two gone for one week - should not be a big deal thanks again every one!
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

I wouldn't worry about making any adjustments to lists ... we can wait =) Have a good trip! "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Thanks to all involved in these vines - LtaPilot, Jake R, Kwitt and JBH69Flyer. What a very awesome effort! Cheers =) "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

It's been a while since I posted anything so I just wanted to check in and say hello . Looks like I am stuck in salt lake city for the weekend ,, :-( Anyway, hope all is well with everyone !! Look twice save a life, motorcycles are everywhere . Thank you !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

FYI-I will be shut down for a few days while I replace my internal hard drive. Hope I can get it back and be operational by the end of the week. Your patience will be appreciated. Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

earlier todayhome tomorrow will catch up and get out what I got by Tuesday :D
user picture

Member for

13 years 9 months

i'd drop inand wish everyone a festive and safe summer season......be well all