Are there any lists of the best of Dave's? I could dive into it myself but figure someone with greater knowledge may have already tackled this, trying to make one playlist that is manageable in size.
Not a bad jam list at all...I would listen to entire shows tho. Just me
Try DeadBase. You'll find it there.
trying to find a list of every opening song ever played. would love to see how many times each song was played, but will settle for just a list of song names. thanks in advance!
Hi Everyone. Only got into The Dead about 4 years ago thanks to a good friend (and lifetime fan) taking me under his wing. I have a "favorites" CD that I burned that I listen to in the car mostly (I.e. good driving tunes) and would welcome everyone's comments as to my selection, here goes:
1) Oh Boy, Manhattan Center, 1971
2) Next Time You See Me, Fillmore East, 1971 (Ladies and Gentlemen)
3) Ain't It Crazy (The Rub), Fillmore East, 1971 (Ladies and Gentlemen)
4) Big River, Great American Music Hall, 1975
5) Franklin's Tower, Great American Music Hall, 1975
6) Promised Land, Stanley Theatre, 1972
7) Me And My Uncle, Jarhunderthalle, 1972
8) Sugar Magnolia, Fillmore West, 1977 (New Years Eve)
9) Hard To Handle, Hollywood Palladium, 1972
10) Playin' In The Band, Jarhunderthalle, 1972
11) Truckin', Fillmore East, 1971 (Ladies and Gentlemen)
Listening to this right now - 10/21/83 Wharf Rat. INDEED worth a listen and re-listen many times over. Solid.
I simply love this version. A lot of people talk on the one from Cole Field House a couple days prior, and that version is about 4 minutes longer, but this one does it more for me. -edit- P.S. marye You missed a spam (way forgiveable) about 30 posts up (samson77)
Check out how Jerry makes his guitar sound like a steel drum on the way back into the St. Stephen reprise. One of those 'imprint' moments for me.
The Scarlet Fire of the famous Cornell University show at Barton Hall is amazing. That is all