- December 17, 2018 - 7:48amwilfredtjonesJoined:June 4, 2007Loser 10/15/76
This one doesn't show up on headyversion, but it's a really good one.
- December 6, 2018 - 6:14pmDazzafariJoined:December 6, 2018Just for today...
Cow Palace New Years Eve 1976. Simply because I just listened to it! No doubt, tomorrow will bring a new favourite 😎
- November 1, 2018 - 6:47amwillieaamesJoined:November 1, 2018In the end - Linkin Park
In the end - Linkin Park
- November 1, 2018 - 1:22amSorenJespersen87Joined:November 1, 2018Black Peter, Illinois
My personal favorite is the peformance of "Black Peter", Northern Illinois University, 1977.
I am from europe, and was studying at the university from 1976-1979. I didnt know the dead before that show, but i have loved them ever since. Love from Denmark.
Writer at https://bedste-blackfriday-tilbud.dk/
- September 13, 2018 - 9:48pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007Mr CharlieHollywood Bowl? 1971. pure funk. I barely even recognized it the first time I heard it. I really like "traditional" Mr C...but this one is tops...IMO, of course. Your mileage may vary
- September 13, 2018 - 1:02pmMind BenderJoined:June 15, 2007China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider 06/22/74First night of two at the Jai-Alai Fronton in Miami. This is without a doubt my favorite China/Rider of all. The jam out of China Cat is second to none in my opinion. It is a complete work of art filled with masterful playing by all, with with one peak after another, a continuously building crescendo that literally explodes into Rider. The first time I heard it, it nearly blew my mind and still has an incredible effect on me to this day.
- May 22, 2018 - 2:23pmJoe CavanaughJoined:November 2, 2010Morning Dew 12 30 1987This one will give you goose bumps.
- May 22, 2018 - 2:09pmDovJoined:March 8, 2011Best versionsbest is subjective, but these versions are my favorites and they are all from 2/18/1971, last show with Mickey for several years ... *Bertha *Loser Hard to Handle *Wharf Rat (with Beautiful Jam!) Me and My Uncle Me and Bobby McGee Big Boss Man Candyman Uncle John's Band * - first time ever played Bertha is very cool because it has this little coda at the end of the song, and this version is the only time it was ever played. My 3rd show, and the first time I was ever psychedelic at a show. New Riders opened the show with a great set. One of the best nights Jerry ever had, imho. You can't go wrong with this show.
- May 17, 2018 - 3:13ammonaJoined:September 28, 2008Playin to UJB6/19/94
- April 21, 2018 - 2:07pmlarkin851Joined:April 20, 2018China Cat > Rider: Carrier Dome 10/22/83 2nd setThis is just an incredible jam. I'm a jazz guitar player and compose classical music, and I'd like to think I appreciate compositional structure and improvisation, and the solo Jerry rips is just stunning. Phrasing is confident, well articulated, magical. I first heard that solo when I was 15, it plays in my head note for note when I think of it because its that coherent and memorable. And the energy of the set...wow. When I first heard that, it was clear to me that Jerry and Bach were on the same level to me.