• 1,104 replies
    admin
    The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
    Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.
    Individually numbered, limited edition of 20,000

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
    Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
    Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • facedancechallenge
    Default Avatar
    This Blog is really awesome.You can checkout latest application for Android and iOS calledFace Challenge App.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on the links, it's the digital equivalent of brown acid
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on any of their links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer. Don't click on the links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    But I speculate that babu1000 is the same spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Bluray now comes on cassettes?
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it!(On down the line)
  • icecrmcnkd
    Your English sucks.Move on scammer.
  • BertDert
    Default Avatar
    The Wall of Sound advent calendar day 3 shows the FTW blu-ray set (along with its original price) as the sale item but the item page has the DVD set as the one on sale. What gives?!?
user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

I want the ressurection of Jerry in my bonus feature
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

IMHO these 5 shows will be very good. But so were a lot of the other shows that came after Jerry. The Other Ones, The Dead, Furthur, etc. There is some really good music to be found there. Much better then a lot of what is out there today elsewhere. But of course those shows and these shows are not The Grateful Dead. And therein lies the rub. I hope all who attend have a grate time. I just hope folks are going to celebrate the music of the GD and are not just going for the party only. I myself will pass on these offerings. I need to save up for more GD releases. I have enough Furthur shows in my collection but I always want more GD. Whether it is with Pig, Keith or Brent, is HAS to have Jerry. Period. That is the music that I crave. Rock on
user picture

Member for

9 years

Back when the Dead were still around, I used to ponder on how it would end. What would a final show be like.....and how would they pull it off without ample consternation? Jerry's death neutralized that concern.....or so it seemed. I can't really see the objection over selling the merchandize before the actual event. To me, its no different than selling tickets before the show. Maybe they'll suck. I don't know. I bought plenty of tickets for some less than stellar shows, but I never had any regrets. If the shows are great, I might buy some of this stuff. If not, I probably won't. In the end, the shows don't have to be spectacular to define the event. Its really not the point....or it shouldn't be. Simply and fundamentally, it's just a grand reunion party for a highly, successfully dysfunctional family - closing the book in style.....for old times sake.....and that's enough. Have fun guys. I'm rooting for ya!!
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Both are such incredible players that I feel we are blessed to have. But…..Jeff Mattson!!!! Check out night 2 show from the Dark Star Jubilee this year. They played the setlist from4-22-69 and oh my oh my what a show it was. I think John K. is a fantastic player, just amazing, and able to bring out so much of jerry's essence. But John saw his first show in 1989. He's still a baby. Jeff Mattson grew up on the early 70's dead. John nails that 80's sound and Jerry's playing style at the time, but if you want to hear someone shred '69 style, look no further than Jeff Mattson. Jeff is by far the best when it comes to bringing out Jerry's essence, but that's my opinion. But really, listen to that show, and see if it's as good as the actual '69 show, I'll gift you the download if you want--and i think you'll be pleasently surprised. Alas, John and Jeff don't have quite the draw that Trey does. Trey will keep it honest and authentic, but won't be such a direct imitation so I think he's the best choice…That being said, DSO plays more like the good ol' grateful dead than anyone else on earth. I like that Further goes a different direction, and these shows will likely be in that vein, but even though it's billed as the dead, and has all the surviving members, I don't think I've ever heard something so authentic in its sound as that particular DSO show, and doubt I ever will. I know people aren't looking for a nostalgic event that replicates a '69 show from these upcoming shows, but shit I prefer my old recordings to any of the Further or The Q or the Other Ones performances, and that DSO show was every bit as good as a '69 recording, only it was live and happening before my eyes. Blew me away. Full steam ahead chug-a-lug rhythms on Viola Lee and the Caution jam sandwiched in the middle of a 30 minute Lovelight closer. Not to mention the classic Dark Star>St. Stephen>William Tell Bridge>The Eleven>Lovelight sequence that the Dead were trying to perfect in the early months of '69 for their Live/Dead release. It was such a magical event for me and one of many reasons I'll always defend Jeff Mattson as the one true conjurer of Jerry's style and spirit.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

I bet you'll like his playing for these shows. He's learned a lot, and even though I love Phish, I want to see Trey playing a different guitar than his Koa one he uses with Phish. To have a totally different sound and style of playing…He's been working his ass off to understand Garcia's playing which I really respect. He's going to give his most honest, studied, and emotional performance in the guise of Jerry Garcia, and I bet you'll like it! I understand exactly how you feel, believe me, but I think Trey is going to shed his skin and play some real soulful guitar. I might have chosen Jeff Mattson, but half the people here don't even know who he is--the greatest guitarist for coaxing out Jerry's essence, and oh so pure and honest. Time will tell, but I bet I'll buy it. Still, more options, like a Cd only option would have been nice.
user picture

Member for

14 years

Been trying to become fluent with ripping. Can't get FLACs into good bit-rate mp3's; I need good software! Please share your methodology! I am certain you may leave a message for me herein using my doctoral77 username. Thanks.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

When is the so-called pre-order over ? If im plunking down the bucks I want the bonus disc and would like to know my time frame to make a decision,, anybody on this board know ?
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

These are the songs that have shaped my life by the musicians who have shaped my life. I'm not a Phish fan, I've tried, but I'm glad they went with someone who isn't going to be doing a Jerry impersonation, pale imitation is no substitute. I'd have paid tons more to see the shows, time off work, flight, hotel, tickets, party favors... How could I pass this up? As a drummer seeing The dynamic duo out for one last hurrah is well worth it. Greed? They've given me so much all my life, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

One big last FU from the "boys"! Not even a free audio feed of the shows! Heck I have more important things to do that spend 5 hours watching these geezers. I'd have liked to have had it on in the back ground but not to the tune of $100! RE: these shows. Save your money folks There is NO WAY this will approach even the furthest fringes of Europe '72. There are tons of great local bands in every town. Go support them and leave these LSD millionaires to count their pennies! Out!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

17 years

Hey there - THis is a Loooonnnngggg shot but here goes: Would anyone that is already going to the Santa Clara show on Sunday who has (2) GA lawn seats like to trade for section 127 row 11 seats 17 & 18 tickets? These are directly behind the stage. I am trying to get with my friends who are all down on the lawn. shoot me a message if you could be my Miracle! -B
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 10 months

Not to sound like a whiner, and probably already been mentioned, but could we get the CD only? I don't really ever see myself watching the shows on TV. Listening, sure. Watching? Not so much...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 7 months

I wouldn't more for this than I would for a Further or Dead download. The price makes it an easy pass.
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

Well put bro. My sentiments exactly. The model they use works just fine but I'm sure it's nowhere near as profitable as the current GD/Rhino. But thankfully we do get a reasonable deal on the Dave's subscription and the other releases that are made available at retailers and on line sites like the sunshine daydream no frills package.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 11 months

Sounds like an epic show, heart of the 60s. What was the thinking behind not including the SF shows in the "commemorative" edition?
user picture

Member for

11 years 1 month

Streamed the show last night and was somewhat impressed. The boys played alot of older, shorter stuff for the first set. Trey was playing his style of soloing then. Second set was jammed out w/ OTHER ONE, DARKSTAR, ST STEPHEN. For the MORNING DEW Trey busted out his JERRY style licks which sounded pretty good. All in all it could of been much worse. Props to the boys. Casey Jones encore w/ Hornsby singing was a nice ending.
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

And Phil can't sing. The whole first set was a struggle. Interesting that the whole show was tunes from 1970 and prior. Will all the setlists be such segmented time slices? Will they repeat anything between cities? Phil's only strong vocals were on Whats become of the baby. Trey Can't Sing the Blues, but OH MAN he sure came through in the second set!! I streamed it, and enjoyed all the great camera work on Mickey. Bruce's vox and piano should have been louder, and Trey should only try singing when he feels sincere. so I had mixed feelings. I would have felt ripped off if I had trecked out there and sweated through that weak first set.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Watched Santa Clara last night. Promptly ordered this box set. Good LORD. Trey brought as much originality as I thought he would, but I was NOT expecting them to be so tight in that second set. Agreed, the first set was tentative, but set two had them gellin' like Magellan, plotting a course through uncharted waters and KILLING it. The interplay between the band was complex and nuanced. I was amazed and happy to see how much fun my musical heroes of 25 years were having. They were almost speechless at the end- did you guys see that?! They knew what they had just pulled off. Bring on the next four shows! Excited about this box set because if Chicago is ANYTHING like 6/27, I am going to want to listen to it again. And again, and...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

For the love of Christ!!!! Let trey sing!!!!!!!! Not even row jimmy???? C'mon......
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

Anyone that can post a setlist so far of what's being played would me appreciated..unfortunately im heading into work now
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

You have a job.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Stranger // Minglewood // Brown-eyed // Loose Lucy //Loser // Row Jimmy // Alabama // Black Peter // Hell Don't worry, ya didn't miss much. It was sloppy, meandering and they were lost at times. Obviously under rehearsed.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I was out of town with only iPad last night and found out you can only stream on desktop. Now I'm trying to stream on my desktop and it won't work. Not enough bandwidth? Wrong player? I don't know. Anyone else having trouble? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard considering I've already paid for 2 nights!!! Any suggestions?
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

MLB won't work but got live YouTube. Why are they absolutely burying Bruce (and Jeff) in the mix? I thought Bruce was gonna be the instrumental leader. With 6 months to practice I thought Trey would have more ideas to offer. He used to shred so hard!!! Seems to have lost his mojo a bit. I still love it, though!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

"The interplay between the band was complex and nuanced". Can I have some of the drugs that you were taking while listening to this. The highlights at this show were comparible to worst moments at an off night at a 1986 grateful dead show. I love optimism, but there is a fine line between Reality and fantasy.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

I'd say you have about a week after the last Chicago show before it sells out...but i'm thinking this won't be in high demand because it's not really official but if they do odd songs rather than staples of their setlist they might get people to buy it...it's not an original lineup but that was over in 1972 when pigpen left the group to be dead, then they lost keyboard player after keyboard player which made it the most dangerous job in rock and roll history...the keyboard player for the grateful dead...then Jerry became dead...so really 2 original members are dead and the rest are originals...I've been thinking the same is this set worth the $$$ to get? I had no trouble putting down what I did for the 30 shows from 30 years but this one I do...I know the singing won't be the same from what I saw of the 1st show the playing wasn't bad at all but Santa Clara won't be included...think of Santa Clara as a rehearsal...the Chicago shows will be longer with 2 full sets but not sure of the program...will there be acoustic set or partial...will it be odd songs or just all 3 nights being unique with no repeats...but hard to imagine 2 night people will leave without hearing truckin' or dark star...I would have to see at least 1 Chicago set to know if it's worth buying...based on the 2 santa clara sets I wouldn't buy it...just not odd enough or enough songs...to me they seemed very short shows but maybe we're getting all burdened with being collectors and not just letting it all be...it's just another show no big deal...some say they're sell outs but I can't blame them for wanting to make $$$ just because the band has been over for 20 years doesn't mean they shouldn't try to make $$$ everybody needs $$$$.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 1 month

LET TREY and BRUCE SING MORE. They are really limiting the potential of these shows if they insist on having Phil and Bobby butcher the vocal responsibilities on most of the Garcia tunes. It's not something I would buy, or even listen to the Auds if I have to hear Phil sing any more than just "Phil" songs.
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

I watched the second Concert of The Grateful Dead ,A series of 5 shows to celebrate the 50th year since the Grateful Dead was formed in 1965. I watched the concert on a webcast, There was a bit of a controversy on who the guitarist who was going to be taking Garcia's spot would be , most recently ,in a group called Furthur, John Kadlicek ,from tribute group "Dark Star Orchestra.", had been playing with a mixture of dead and other musicians in a group called "Furthur". He could play guitar like Garcia and also sing like him. However for this big experience, The remaining original four Dead members, Weir, Lesh, Hart and Kreutzman decided to go with Bruce Hornsby on piano, Jeff Chiemento on keyboards and Trey Anastasia from the group Phish, a jam band who became popular after the Grateful Dead broke up. He had played with Phil Lesh and friends for a while, Phil would get many sets of musicians together to play. Tonight was their second official concert together. The Webcast was done very well, and this group sounded great. They played approximately 2 two hour sets while taking an hour break in the middle. They had not originally planned on playing the Santa Clara shows, but this is where they got started as a band called The Warlocks 50 years ago. It was a real moving ending tonight with both band members and crowd members becoming tearful at end. The first set was very slow moving but with members playing well, once in a while Lesh giving Anastasia a reminder or gesture. There were nine songs in first set. Some standouts were opener "Feels like a Stranger", sang by Weir. Hornsby sang a great version of "Brown Eyed Women". Weir sang a great version of "Loose Lucy" with a bit of a different guitar background melody by Anastasia. My favorite song of the set was a song I had not heard in awhile "Row Jimmy", sang by Weir, with some great guitar by Anastasia . Trey Anastasia did a great job of playing and singing "Alabama Get Away." The band finished set one with "Hell In A Bucket". Trey played a very creative lead which finally put a big smile on Lesh's face. After the Break, they started the second set with "Mississippi Uptown", sang by Phil and Trey. Then they go into a slow jam, going into Weir singing "Wharf Rat." After Wharf Rat, they segue into a delightful "Eyes Of the World", Anastasia plays some great smooth jazzy like guitar. Then they do a quick break into "He's Gone" which was done well, but with some laughter because of people forgetting which verse was theirs, Trey sounded great singing and also playing this song. Well, soon after this it was time for the drums with Bill, Micky and another young man who was playing like a tom tom type drum. Great version of Sugar Magnolia which got the crowd going. Overall, thought they sounded great, though they kept it pretty mellow tonight. They did "Fare ye well" for an encore.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

His name is Anastasio. If you are going to spend two paragraphs telling us things we already know, at least get his name correct, please Rock on
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

What about Santa Clara?! Is there going to be a box set of those shows?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 10 months

Things do happen in threes. Last week the first half of a recital by Olena Tokar, which was being broadcast live, was spoiled by a man falling asleep and snoring. (Those who were close to him did not have the sense to nudge him awake.) Yesterday I abandoned a recital by Stephen Kovacevich as he hums/sings/grunts as he plays. At first I thought someone else was snoring. Berg and Schubert plus funny little noises does not work. Now, I understand that Phil Lesh is "singing". He cannot sing. It is alleged he has perfect pitch but is off key, flat and like an ancient uncle joining in the hymns at a funeral. To me, there is one thing worse than Mr Mydland singing and that is Mr Lesh singing I hate to think what my wife will make of it when we go to the cinema broadcast next Monday. Well, at least I will save money by not even considering buying discs that are marred by the Lesh vocals.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

If you go on Monday next week, you will not have to worry about Phil's singing, or lack thereof. The last show is Sunday night! I wish he would come to his senses though and let some one else take his vocals. Rock on
user picture

Member for

10 years 4 months

on my drive home from work, heard Phil singing Bird Song... has he? After Jer's death? It was strange, but I heard Phil?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 10 months

Hobo1995, Not in the UK, it is being broadcast at 18.30 on Monday. Dafydd
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Ah! Please accept my humblest apologies. Just another provincial American forgetting his British roots! Lol Rock on and enjoy
user picture

Member for

17 years

if i pre order the chicago box set when does the money get charged to my card? now or when it ships?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

There's 1 bonus disc...and it could be the santa clara shows although really a high end rehearsal but having seen the 1st show it wasn't bad but not quite there as fully realized a little sloppy but acceptable...the Chicago shows will be more professional...but back to the bonus...you have to figure it can only be rehearsals, interviews, or the santa clara shows...so you can only guess until November...I bought the boxset dispite my claims on morality I couldn't risk this being sold out and I forgot it's post 1995 show meaning it's not really in the box of a grateful dead show in their real lifetime...this is post-humous but I think it will be well done...I always feared what happened with one of the 1st limited box set orders being the 1969 fillmore shows...I was really 50/50 on getting it somehow I did order it but the next day it sold out...then I thought I almost blew that these things are really to be taken seriously...I don't regret the boxsets and fear that it's limited in some ways it's a burden that it's worth so much because it inhibits you from playing it too often out of fear of devaluing the set...also what if you somehow break a disc...that happen one time I dropped a disc and it was stepped on and shattered...you have to be very careful...never leave them on a table a drink might spill...it's really a burden having these things with such value...a lot of people like the limited editions but I find it a burden...if I wanted to make money on resell i'd do something else instead.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

When it ships..the grateful dead website always charges when it ships.
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

Was a great show.I too am interested in the subject...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 1 month

Why is everyone so tough on Phil's singing? Don't forget he was the lead singer on "Box of Rain", a long-time crowd favorite. I agree that his rendition of "Half-Step" from 6/28 was a bit weak, but he does have the talent to sing well. With Jerry gone, the other band members have to pick up the lyrics for songs they never sang between '65 and '95. Sure, Bob can still belt out "Hell in a Bucket" like back in the day. But, it was probably too much to ask one band member to memorize the lyrics and practice the singing for all the Jerry tunes for these farewell shows. So, I suspect they split up the Jerry songs between different band members to even the load. Phil's style will never replace Jerry's, but that doesn't mean the guy can't sing!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 11 months

A frien of mine told me that there where cds being sold for the Grateful Dead shows in Santa Clara. Does anyone know where I can find them because so far all I can find is Chicago.
user picture

Member for

17 years

It is only July. What is coming down the road to wreak havoc on a deadheads loyalty. I admit I purchased the $700.00 set. This new addition to the "Boxed Set" is one I am having a really tough time putting in my cart. I am also guessing the music only CD's will come out after the shows are over, but why we, the fans, are kept in the dark over this fuels the fire of everyone feeling this release is driven by greed and the knowledge that we fans have a compulsion to own every release. I am also guessing that before the year is over there will be more than one 50th Anniversary release coming down the chute that will be "limited", and probably not priced in the low range. I agree with several commentators that it is time that instead of capitalizing on our loyalty, an inexpensive release via download would be a wonderful "gift" to all of the fans who have remained steadfast and loyal over the last fifty years. It does not have to e free, I understand the economics of a business, but I also believe that a gift to the fans would further the spirit of freedom that the Dead always represented.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

anyone know if they had a taper's section?thanks,john
user picture

Member for

10 years 4 months

I do miss that: "spirit" of freedom.... but now grass to cut, snow to shovel, a son to drive to soccer practice, a son in college, dogs to feed and get out, groceries to shop for, parents getting older -- domestic life calls... but I have my Grateful Dead memories... and i glad i am not a completest about anything, sounds expensive! Somewhere in the space between cosmic freedom and a responsibility towards the people you love and who love you lies the answer to life... The guitar is a good place to go in search of it... quote from: "Guitar Man"
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

Been watching the SC shows, and it seems many times Bobby trying to get Trey's attention to end a jam, but the guy keeps going! Love it. They need to let Trey sing more too. Just sayin'.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/fare-thee-well-complete-box-july-3-4-5-2015.html