• 1,104 replies
    admin
    The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
    Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.
    Individually numbered, limited edition of 20,000

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
    Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
    Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • facedancechallenge
    Default Avatar
    This Blog is really awesome.You can checkout latest application for Android and iOS calledFace Challenge App.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on the links, it's the digital equivalent of brown acid
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on any of their links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer. Don't click on the links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    But I speculate that babu1000 is the same spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Bluray now comes on cassettes?
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it!(On down the line)
  • icecrmcnkd
    Your English sucks.Move on scammer.
  • BertDert
    Default Avatar
    The Wall of Sound advent calendar day 3 shows the FTW blu-ray set (along with its original price) as the sale item but the item page has the DVD set as the one on sale. What gives?!?
user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

user picture

Member for

17 years

do you think the chicago shows will be sold individually cd audio only? or even the santa clara shows?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

There really isn't much to contain. Trey is pretty much just playing along with the band. He's not steppin' up to the plate and playing lead guitar. There have been may moments where he could have taken things to a higher place, but didn't. He doesn't bring forth the spark that ignites the other musicians in the band. I have seen John K. take things far out there with the boys in Furthur & inspire them to do intricate & unique things with their jams. I had expected more exchange between musicians. Bruce and Jeff seem to be in the background & not playing to their potential. Billy is the entire percussion section, while Mickey plays the brushes quietly on his new drum arrangemnent. The drummers are not smiling at each other & don't appear to have that connection that they did in the Dead, or even in more recent years when playing together in other band line-ups. I've seen them wearing "shit eating grins" when playing together under the name "Rhythm Devils" not so long ago. Bobby seems to be concerned with how the band does, or doesn't sound and whether or not his levels are loud enough. Phil is the happiest one up there!!! I gotta give him credit, he loves to jam and seems to enjoy whoever he plays with, no matter how good they play.
user picture

Member for

12 years 3 months

neither here nor there but a good touring buddy from back in the day sported a serious case of very curly hair (edited) not unlike what the skulls and roses on this cover has morphed into. of course my buddies was not purple, and he was much more zaftig in a dude kind of way than the skeleton picture--- pure parking lot grilled cheese schmaltz filled his girth. anyways i do love this cover. skulls and roses sure has mutated a long way from avalon... side note: edited the phrase previously used because empathy is a good thing.
user picture

Member for

14 years

First of all, aren't there going to be DVD sets for the California show? I mean, after the rainbow? I would want all 5 shows, not just Chicago (even though I won't be there). Second, on comments about the bands' members and their interaction and playing. Anyone who's ever gone to a jam session knows what it's like to think you know what you decided to play, and then it turns out differently. Trey is playing like a good jam band guitarist, but obviously had to cover a lot of unfamiliar material, and is "playing along", as noted above. I always thought Jimmy Herring did best. Trey really caught fire on "Hell in a Bucket" - that was the one song where he blazed. When you are playing lead guitar, you have to feel GOOD to crank it and go for it, and that was his moment. That being said, I was never a Phish fan (saw them once) - a little too "cute" - always liked R.E.M. a lot more. I didn't see Trey playing from the heart, and squeezing out those emotive notes and getting the variety of tone that Jerry had. I heard licks in my head coming, and some of those flashes of brilliance that just come out of your hand without thinking, and they weren't there. As Neil Young has said, and others, too, there are note players, and there are feel players, and a great guitarist covers all of that, along with scales and chord structure. It's not about being more explorative, or "being Jerry". It's like - if it was a violin part, and now it's being played on a viola or a cornet - you're gonna notice it. Trey had the typical drawback of the conventional guitar tone player - in that it either sounded like a humbucking pickup, or a Les Paul - a little too glossy and marimba-like - or he went to the stomp boxes. Getting that Jerry tone is not just the guitar - it's a way of playing and getting a little skin against the string along with the pick and squeaking the notes out. Al DiMeola calls it the "Mutola" technique. Not just pick squeals, but ghost harmonics and overtones. Jerry used a parametric equalizer to get some of that dry, hollow raspy tone, and had very responsive pickups and a pre-amp to overdrive more when picked harder, and you can't get it any other way. I'm not nit-picking Trey - I think he had a tremendous challenge to stand up in front of all those fans and deal with that - I'm just reviewing technique here, and the difference. As a matter of fact, I was sending him all the guitar god power I could muster and pass along, and I hope many others were, too. My hat's off to Trey for keeping up with the boys - I think he did a fine job. Regarding Mickey and drums - Yes, he laid back with the brushes for a long time, but man, when he got into the percussionist role, and especially on The Beam Saturday night - oh, my! I had thought being stuck with seats behind the stage would be good for drums if nothing else, and it was. Just realizing that I would never see these two play together like that again was a cocktail of emotions I can't even describe. I walked out directly behind Phil and Bill after a Rolling Stones concert in Oakland back in the 90's, and was at the Q&A session with Bobby at Further in Angels Camp 5 years ago, so it was just good to watch the interaction between those who feel more like dear friends than rock stars - it's good to know they're still flash and bone, and among us. Those of you who are going to Chicago, just remember how LUCKY you are to be in on this, turn off the analysis, relax and enjoy, dance yer little tails off in bright colors, and make yer own rainbow, baaaby - because THIS IS IT - and there ain't no mo'. In six more days it will all be a memory. PEACE!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 4 months

The show closer for sunday night should be So Many Roads! The Grateful God is looking out for the Dead Heads!The weather is supposed to be beautiful! Have a Grateful weekend!!!
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

July 5,, it has to be some combo of Ripple/Box of Rain.. July 4 - i am going with double encore OMSN, US Blues,, and for sure a Scarlet Begonias that night. July 3 - open with Dancin and close with the Weight
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hi Hug, to your point about the band giving us music... you may not be aware of the 30 Days of November thing they do each year. They give away a free download every day in November, ends up being a four-disc box set for free. Enjoy.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 3 months

These shows will be very good boost to the bands finacial fortune but maybe not their legacy. They don't have to pay the Garcia estate except for copyrights on the songs. The choice of trey will help sell many of these sets to Phish fans. I don't see many Grateful Dead fans that are hard core collectors of the music will have much interest in having these Jerryless shows. I just have a hard time believing that the remaining members will sell 20 or 40 thousand of thses units at almost 200 dollars. I am not saying that the ex-band members don't deserve every penny they can squeeze out of this but than who does't deserve every penny they can get there hands onin this world. After all have'nt these guys been making great new music since jerry has been gone.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Thanks for the shout out to 9-1-79. I was there and it was Grate! Rock on
user picture

Member for

17 years

I live a 3 hour drive from Chicago (and transportation to get there), happens to be my only weekend off for the entire Summer and even have the money for expenses...but was shut out from scoring tickets. I attended every Soldier Field show except the second night of '94....maaaaan I sure wish I was going. I put the word out for tickets but no dice. Is it the same without Jerry with Trey playing in his place? No, but it will still be fricken awesome.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 11 months

On the Mac, the best I have found is called Max. It's freeware and will convert to Apple Lossless, m.p4, or just about anything else.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

I just got a ticket from last minute bail outs,, not everyone who committed to going months back can make it now. Give it a shot and be in the vicinity.. I am trying my luck for Sat n Sunday, I plan on scouting out tickets for those two nights at Dark Star on Thursday and a few other ways. It is a shame that quite a few tickets are getting wasted with sellers on certain sites holding out for the best last minute bid (usually with 3 day commerative tickets and good seats) Some listings end Friday Morning or Saturday,, really who is going to buy a ticket and wait for the postman to arrive when most folks are traveling at least a few hours away ? .. if Shapiro wanted to maximize his mula,, get in sync with the ticket scanners at the door and activate his high tech gadgets he is rumored to have,, Whatever seats were not filled by the end of the 1st set ,, let the box office have a line of people willing to pay a fixed price for that ticket just for that night,, upon purchase of this 2nd set only ticket you will be swiftly ushered in on a magical rainbow that was brought to you by Shapiro. This helps out the fans who really want to get in and also to help cover the cost of the first rainbow that was rumored to be a production.
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

One more contest! Someone leaked the setlists before the Santa Clara shows, so I guess we'll have to come up with something different this time in case that person does the same for Chicago. Rumors are swirling about who might make a guest appearance this weekend, so we're going to have a 2-part contest. The first person to correctly guess how many guests will join the boys onstage during the course of the 3 shows will receive a piece of original Grateful Dead artwork as a prize. Additionally, the first person to correctly guess the name of the first guest appearing onstage will also win a prize. IMPORTANT: Read the Rulez before entering! 1) Only one entry per person, one number and name per entry. An individual's duplicate guesses will be ignored and only the first guess will count 2) Yes, "zero" is a number, and "nobody" is a name 3) Entrant must have a dead.net "joined" date of 6/30/2015 or sooner (to prevent guesses under more than one user name. I know how sneaky y'all can be!) 4) A "guest" is someone not in the announced configuration of the band who appears onstage and sings and/or plays an instrument (yes, a cowbell is an instrument - damn straight!). Guest must be a legitimate, recognizable musician/singer. Guys in the crew banging on stuff behind Billy and Mickey don't count. Politicians/promoters/announcers don't count. 5) Multiple appearances by a guest on a single day counts as ONE. Appearances by a particular guest on 2 or 3 days counts as TWO or THREE, respectively. For example, if Taylor Swift joins the fellas on Friday and Sunday, that counts as 2. If Kenny G is there Friday, Saturday and Sunday, that counts as 3, in which case I might beg the good Lord to call me home on the spot! 6) Only guesses sent to me in a PM will be considered. Anything posted in a forum will be ignored. Oh, yeah...please keep the PMs short and sweet 7) Entries will be accepted from 5:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday, 7/2 through 3 PM Pacific time on Friday, 7/3. Guesses submitted outside those parameters will be ignored 8) First person to guess correctly wins (determined by order of appearance in my inbox) 9) Past winners of prizes will sit this one out so someone new can share the goodies. Those folks are JimJohn, mbarilla, Syracuse78 and Strider88. Thanks for understanding, guys. 10) Yes, OF COURSE the rainbow was real. Sheesh! Disclaimers: Contest is null and void if guests are announced prior to 3 PM Pacific time on 7/3. This contest is not affiliated in any way with dead.net, Rhino, Musictoday, MaryE, band members, the ghost of Pigpen, seagulls hovering above Lemieux, etc. Just little ol' me! Have fun at the shows and good luck!
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

people want to select you as the special guest ?? lol just kidding.. good luck to all. I would suspect by the sound of the contest there will be special guests. I had heard a caller say there was a leak of setlists for Santa Clara on the Monday morning replay of Sirius Golden Road, but never saw any myself.
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

Safe Travels this weekend I just want to wish all those going to Chicago this weekend that you all have a wonderful and safe journey. I hope for some of you that you find "what your looking for" I think you know what I mean. Do yourself a favor and remember the MUSIC and the Moments you have while listening to this wonderful Music. Enjoy and Be Safe!! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY AMERICA
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Set 1: If the Shoe Fits Corrina> Easy Answers> Corrina> Childhood's End> I Fought The Law Set 2: Eternity Way To Go Home> Samba In The Rain> Born Cross Eyed> Drums> Space> Samba In The Rain> Days Between> Cream Puff War Encore: Baba O'riely> Tomorrow Never Knows
user picture

Member for

17 years

Wave To The Wind ;) Even with that joke set list, I wish I had tickets to any of the three shows.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

I just watched the youtube performance from 6/28. The vocals are sorely lacking. I think they shot themselves in the foot not inviting Donna.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

For those of you going to Chicago, Jonathon Wilson is performing three nights before, official Bob Weir / Garcia Family pre-shows. As a bonus, if you don't know him, he is amazing. Latest album "Fanfare" has Crosby and Nash, Jackson Browne, guesting. It's CSN meets Pink Floyd meets the GD. Puts on good shows too. http://songsofjonathanwilson.com/ EDIT - clarification: for three nights in a row leading up to FTW. He hints that "you never know who might show up" - I'll take a guess that Bobby is going to make an appearance. NOW I wish I was going to Chicago :)
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

I think you meant Day Job, not Days Between...
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

was wondering if your offer still stands for the Chi-town trip ? I sent you a PM.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

You know, I noticed this line on bootleg shirts on the lot for years, and it was always a pet peeve of mine. There is no Grateful Dead song with the lyrics "Fare thee well", and I am a little surprised this line was used for these shows. Would not have "Fare YOU Well" been more appropriate?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

Faring thee well now...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

Brokedown PalaceSong by Grateful Dead Fare you well my honey Fare you well my only true one All the birds that were singing Have flown except you alone Goin to leave this Broke-down Palace On my hands and my knees I will roll roll roll Make myself a bed by the waterside In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll In a bed, in a bed by the waterside I will lay my head Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul River gonna take me Sing me sweet and sleepy Sing me sweet and sleepy all the way back back home It's a far gone lullaby sung many years ago Mama, Mama, many worlds I've come since I first left home Goin home, goin home by the waterside I will rest my bones Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul Goin to plant a weeping willow On the banks green edge it will grow grow grow Sing a lullaby beside the water Lovers come and go - the river roll roll roll Fare you well, fare you well I love you more than words can tell Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul I guess the "Thee' is pluralized for the fans and a goodbye to all of them.
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Anyone else hear that the soundcheck tonight was Scarlet>Fuego? It's a joke, my friend who's there had me goin. Pranksters abound!!
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

I'm also wondering why no Santa Clara shows? I was at the first night. I would love to have every minute of that, and every other show, on video.
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Yes, I totally agree with the other ones posting here -- would love to have the Santa Clara shows on CD and/or DVD -- the Grateful Dead played in CA one last time for a reason and put on a stellar couple of shows to boot. It would be awesome to officially release these shows in some format. Isn't the rainbow enough of a sign that everyone should be able to experience / relive these shows indefinitely . . . Can't wait for the Chicago shows -- they're going to be excellent! PS -- dark horse: Comes a Time
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

It has taken many months of planning and a lot of cash but now I am here and seeing random deadheads in the flesh walking around the city was great. Hope to have a good time with you all tomorrow.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Have fun tonight in the Windy City. But when you go down to Deep Ellum put your money in your shoes. And stay out of the Lone Star Saloon. Mickey Finn wants your watch, wallet and jewelry.
user picture

Member for

9 years 11 months

"Fare Thee Well" is from Cassidy: Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design. Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, I'm done with mine. Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design. Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Five guy's came together to change the world by changing people's minds even if they had to do it one at a time.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

A perfect ending for the band: "Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, I'm done with mine" Spot on and perfect.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In Cassidy, the lyric is "Faring thee well now..." - As Matchewy says, there is no "Fare thee well" in a Grateful Dead lyric. And of course Brokedown has "Fare you well..." So I guess they split the difference. Pretty nifty if you ask me. My source was the Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics, by David Dodd. -------- Ambassador de Sadesky: ...in the end we could not keep up with the expense involved in the arms race, the space race, and the peace race. ... Our doomsday scheme cost us just a small fraction of what we had been spending on defense in a single year. The deciding factor was when we learned that your country was working along similar lines, and we were afraid of a "doomsday gap." President Merkin Muffley: This is preposterous. I've never approved of anything like that. Ambassador de Sadesky: Our source was the New York Times.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

I agree that Fare Thee Well is perfect for the tour. I love Cassidy and those lines "Let your life proceed by its own design" and the "Let the words be yours, I am done with my mine are probably my favorite lines of the song. Have fun tonight everyone! I wish I was there, but so thankful to have been at at least one of the shows. Spread the love all over Chicago. :)
user picture

Member for

12 years 3 months

during travel yesterday i saw a number of heads at airports wearing their colors with backpacks and the likes headed to chicago. i could take or leave these shows --- although i support it for those who need it --- but it was nice to see that vibe again. brought back some fond memories of traveling to shows via peopleexpress or amtrak. sometimes half the plane or the entire bar car was packed with tie dye. fun times and so much more freedom while traveling and in the venues (although being dosed at 40k feet and trying to figure out how to flush the toilet without opening the gates of hell may have been too much freedom).
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

For some reason I'm thinking shakedown or help/slip frank opener, help/slip possibly to start 2nd set If not 1st
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 10 months

So either they are playing 3 sets each night or 2 LONG sets each night....why else would they be making 4 CDs for each show? Anyone know?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

That is the correct presumption.. 1st you have 5 hour broadcast time from xm 9pm-2am and the 4cds on pre order to lead us to believe these finale shows will be the finale shows, length wise and hopefully performance wise.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I'm guessing 2 sets both 2 hours each. Video discs will be one disc 1st set one disc 2nd set.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 8 months

From a jump-start positive vibrations perspective, has there been a more upbeat first set selection then this one going down currently in Chi? If this is a harbinger of the weekend to come I may have to order that damn FTW box after all. Plus, a very strange synchronicity for me - my recent ex wife (together 30 years, but it's all good), is getting re-married this Independence weekend on July 5th, same day as the band that shaped my life is stepping out. Haven't cognized the true meaning of that yet, but these (as always) are truly heady times!
user picture

Member for

17 years

The first set was really awesome. Trey was on fire, really smoking. I bet these sets are selling right now. Looking forward to round two. I'm on the couch and loving it. See it all in HD wearing my headphones. Peace
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

What a set! Blew my mind with combination of feel good factor, dance, nostalgia, poignancy, and ubelievable jams. Peace to ALL
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I hope they include the music/montage bits they've been showing in the live streams. Excellent!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Awful long set break, over an hour, and longer than the first set, let's go now!!!!
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/fare-thee-well-complete-box-july-3-4-5-2015.html