• 1,104 replies
    admin
    The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
    Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.
    Individually numbered, limited edition of 20,000

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
    Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
    Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • facedancechallenge
    Default Avatar
    This Blog is really awesome.You can checkout latest application for Android and iOS calledFace Challenge App.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on the links, it's the digital equivalent of brown acid
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on any of their links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer. Don't click on the links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    But I speculate that babu1000 is the same spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Bluray now comes on cassettes?
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it!(On down the line)
  • icecrmcnkd
    Your English sucks.Move on scammer.
  • BertDert
    Default Avatar
    The Wall of Sound advent calendar day 3 shows the FTW blu-ray set (along with its original price) as the sale item but the item page has the DVD set as the one on sale. What gives?!?
user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months

The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 8 months

Trey - Very well done so far, no pressure. How hard must it be to retire each GD song you play live the first time you play it!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Will there be an audio only release? I am not interested in teh dvds or bluerays, just the audio files. Will there be a way to purchase audio only? I would also prefer a download to physical media, especially in order to get higher resolution files.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 11 months

Should have multiple viewing options (camera angles) like a constant view of the stage for the light show. A fans perspective in addition to the close ups and such.
user picture

Member for

17 years

I'll say that Trey brought "it" to the first night in Chicago. Did the couch tour for the first Chicago show and was/am impressed by all. Bruce needs to step out more though. As a person familiar with Phish, but who never really got fully sucked into the program, I have to say that Trey has the perfect energy to fit in and should have been the man they used all along since Jerry's passing. Love Warren for his blues and southern soul feel with the Duane Allman thing down. Love Jimmy Herring for being a prog rock/fusion virtuoso, bet he held back too much. John K pulls off the Jerry clone program well enough, but that's what he is, a Jerry clone. Trey's original style, while channeling Jerry waws spot on perfect, except one minor flub at the beginning of Slipknot. The cadence for the most part was vastly improved. Franklins Tower was one for the ages! I sure am going to miss these guys when they all pack in in...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

That first set blew me away. Bertha was by far the highlight. The break was way to long and ruined the vibe a bit for the second. Also thought they did to many big jams for the second. Should have put some shorter songs in there. 1 down and 2 to go!
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Downloads will be available on release date. "Highly Anticipated Final Performances From Chicago's Soldier Field On CD, DVD, Blu-ray, And Digital Download"
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I guess the fourth disc will be the intermission music.
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

Last night's first set was no slouch. But the second set was chock-full of the kind of wide-ranging, risk-taking, freely-improvised rock music that truly was the best kind of show anyone should have hoped for. To my mind, this was some of the best music any of these guys have done, in any groupings, in many a year. The show really gave the lie to a commonly-held belief that without Jerry the rest of the band aren't much. And in so doing, it was the fittest tribute to Garcia. Very, very psyched for the next two.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Show was great, music was sold, and setlist was perfect as well. Think Bruce needs to be involved a little more, would have like to see him on vocal duties on Jack Straw rather than Phil. During the Other Ones tours, he did this. Also nice to see Trey more involved with the vocals. If I had any complaint it was the Set Break was way too long, it was over an hour long. It has been a while but back in the day I remember the break being about 20 minutes, just enough time to use the bathroom and get back to your seat. But Anyways As far as this box set, I ordered it, and so far do not have any regrets, my only question is based on the length of last nights show the should be able to fit this run on 9 discs and 3 Blue Ray/DVD, what will make up the additional 3 discs, and 3 blue rays? maybe filler from the Santa Clara Shows? Won't see tonight's shows, have plans, but hopefully will be able to tune in for 07/05. Post those reviews for the 07/04/15 shows guys,
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 8 months

What's the point of taking +/- an hour between sets? Especially when the first set is so short?
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Well, judging by last night there's no way these shows will fill 12 CDs. 3 disc best of Santa Clara? The soundchecks to each show? Who knows. Still seems like an awful waste of plastic. And those Blu-Rays, no way to justify 2 for each night, even if they include the interminable wait between sets on there! Anyway, back to what's important, the shows themselves, DAMN! The sloppy unrehearsed sluggish mess from last weekend sure caught fire fast! Quick learners. This was a completely different band from Santa Clara.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I would have to think there's some merit to special guests of some sort. Perhaps the extra discs account for an extra set w/ some special guests sitting in. mmm... wonder who that might be?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

So what are the chances they will reduce the number of discs/price? Seems like that would be a mess logistically. I really, really want these shows but, perhaps for the first time, I don't feel they have priced this set fairly. So not counting the bonus BluRay this is 3 (x2) shows on 18 discs. For $190 Spring 90 was 6 shows on 18 discs for $199 Spring 90 Too was 8 shows on 23 discs for $240. Seems OK but then I think: 30 Trips comes to $8.75 a disc if you ignore packaging, book, and 7"!!! Fare Thee Well is over $15 a disc not including the bonus disc. There's no mention of elaborate packaging. And as noted, at least 3cds and 3 BluRay discs are not needed! Like I said, I really want this, but something just seems off about the whole thing.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

I understand that everyone wants to enjoy these farewell shows and celebrate our memories of past shows that we attended over the years. I have countless memories of the good times that I have had at Dead shows in the past. The mind-altering, organic, blissful moments of musical ecstasy that changed my perception of what music is & can be. Walking out of a show thinking to myself "How are they going to top that performance", and then thinking the same thing to myself the next night. Borrowing my friend's uncle's car to get to a show because my vehichle broke down & I couldn't miss a show. Sending post cards for mail order tickets for as many venues that I could afford to purchase for a tour. Waiting in line overnight for tickets that go on sale at 10:00 am the next day. Trading soundboards through the mail & anxiously anticipating the arrival of the tapes in my mailbox. Trading tape lists with people at shows or someone you met while waiting at the DMV.The unforgetable experiences had while travelling from town to town during a tour. Camping in stadium parking lots after shows, camp sites, State Parks, crowded hotel rooms, RV sites and sleeping in the VW bus. Watching Drum Circles grow from 3 people to 200 in a matter of 15 minutes. Watching the sun go down at Red Rocks. 6 night runs at Madison Square Garden. Taking the BART every night from Frisco to Oakland for the New Year's run, Mardi Gras shows & Chineese new year. Eating Falafel at 1:00 am in a Latern lit area in the woods in Buckeye Lake while trying to unwind from the show. My Dad asking me "Why would you go to 5 concerts in one week to see the same band"? Or, "Why would you travel all over the place for a month to see the same band play?" All of the friends I travelled with to shows, the friends that I met at shows and many nameless friends whose faces that I saw over and over again at shows throughout the years. I will never forget these experiences, and I am thankful to have had them. The Grateful Dead made all of these experiences possible. It's the music. It's all about the music. The music gave birth to this atmosphere, community and the special comradery that exists between DeadHeads. I am grateful for all of this. Today I am grateful to have thousands of hours of live Dead to listen to. Their music will never grow old. I have been, and will continue to celebtrate The Grateful Dead and their music till the day I die. With all of this being said, this is why I have difficulty with statements like these - "Trey brought "it" to the first night in Chicago". "Trey has the perfect energy to fit in and should have been the man they used all along since Jerry's passing". "Trey's original style, while channeling Jerry was spot on perfect". "Franklins Tower was one for the ages!" I do not intend to offend those who feel this way about Trey's playing at these 3 shows, but I just don't hear it. I have listened to the Santa Clara shows & last night in Chicago several times with an attentive ear. Trey is just playing along with the band. It's more like he's playing 3rd or 4th guitar rather than lead guitar. I have heard much more impressive guitar work in more recent bands like Joe Russo's Almost Dead (Tom Hamilton), The Golden Gate Wingmen (John Kadlecik), different guitarists from Phil & Friends (like Stu Allen, Scott Law & Dan Lebowitz), Billy & The Kids (Tom Hamilton) and, Although he's been around a long time, (Steve Kimock) in Steve Kimock & Bill Kreutzmann collaborations, SKB and of course Steve Kimock's playing in "In The Spirit of the Sound" line-up. To me, these guys deliver the goods whether they are playing with Grateful Dead members or not. I commend Trey for trying his best, but to my ears it doesn't spark the magic. I hear people picking on John K. saying - John K pulls off the Jerry clone program well enough, but that's what he is, a Jerry clone. I wouldn't say that John is a Jerry clone. I would say that he comes closest to Jerry's sound and style of playing. When John K. plays with them there is a musical exchange between the musicians. They reach higher highs & the jams are much more layered. Why did he play in Furthur & Phil Lesh and Friends? Because he delivered the goods. Why did I attend more Furthur & Phil Shows between 2010 & 2013 than any other Dead line-up since Jerry's passing? Because the music sparked the magic!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 1 month

Perhaps the reason the band sounded tighter last night in Chicago than last week in Santa Clara was that the Santa Clara shows were added-on after the fact. That in itself should not have been an issue for the "Core 4", since they should pretty much know the material by heart after 30+ years to practice it. But, for Trey and Jeff, and to some extent, Bruce, that was ~30 more "new" songs to learn. So far, I don't think there have been any duplicates between the three shows played. If they keep that up for all five shows, that works out to roughly 75-80 total songs to learn. I suspect the whole band was well on their way learning the sets for the Chicago shows when the extra Santa Clara shows were added. Could explain why Trey and Bruce kind of hid in the shadows during the Santa Clara sets, but were much more out front last night. Happy 4th to you all and enjoy the next two nights!
user picture

Member for

12 years 3 months

aug. 5 a hologram performance --- not unlike what they did with tupac --- featuring jerry. himself big question is what era jerry will it be...
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Dancin' In The Streets ->U.S. Blues They Love Each Other Me & My Uncle -> Maggie's Farm Lazy Lightnin'-> Supplication Here Comes Sunshine Let It Grow-> Promised Land Shakedown Street -> Estimated Prophet Samson & Delilah-> Touch Of Grey-> Drumz-> Space-> Saint of Circumstance -> Ship of Fools Hard To Handle -> New Speedway Boogie -> Good Lovin' One More Saturday Night The Mighty Quinn Yea....that would be cool....
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

First set "just exactly perfect". Second set flawed at many places but OH SO BEAUTIFUL. The adventure in Playin' was superb, Franklin's Bell rang and rang. For the people commenting about Trey not being Jerry -- well, of course he's not Jerry. Listen to disc 3 of Hartford 90 and Jerry is on fire. But Trey has all that weight on his shoulders and in my opinion he shouldered it well. And when he loosens up, he's really really good. Try playing along and find out how good ... Love and peace.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

The "kids" are alright as the Who said. Trey is a fine guitarist. Not the same as Jerry, for certain.Yet we are graced with a real special event. Thank you Dead Heads, Phish fans, Grateful Dead family, Dead Freaks, old and young alike, those who were there in 1965 (Chez Ray),Merry Pranksters, Those who were not even born in 1995,all of you from the days between. And thank you Grateful Dead, you helped to make the world a better place and gave me sense of endless wonder. And I'm blown away with what I'm seeing on you-tube from last weekend. Will watch live tomorrow night with old friends here in Silver City, New Mexico.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Yes yes yes. Yes.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

the shows are short 2 disc affairs...they said nothing about santa clara...you might say they'll have rehearsals or soundchecks but come on 2 discs worth...the setlists are good but not so obscure or accumulative you say oh wow I can't wait...I don't doubt there not good shows but on the side of collecting them is something else...we're talking about a band past their prime...past post humous...I don't think they can find 4 discs for each show...they are going to have to cut it down to 6 discs and 3 dvds...at best they can bring it back up to 10 and 5 if they include santa clara...maybe they can find 2 more discs with rehearsals and/or soundchecks but it hasn't been said by rhino or the dead...the dead will need to speak.
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

I mean BoloAs Thoreau quoted Henry David Thoreau “Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. I drink at it; but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains.” How about both Branford and Warren. SEA
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

Shakedown opener was amazing SOTM was very sweet and nicely sung by Trey The Crowd exploded when OMST came on. Both sets were solid compared to last night. The fireworks at the end were a perfect way to cap off the night.
user picture

Member for

12 years 1 month

been tryin Space, it's ruff out there...Set:1 Shakedown!!! (me & 8 of my fellas @ lunch each threw a 5er in a pile & each guessed the opener, love those cats & their $$$, Shakedown was my call!!!) Liberty M&MU Standing on the Moon! Tennessee Jed Cumberland! Rooster FOTD Deal Set:2 Bird Song THE GOLDEN ROAD!!! (Trey starting to really fly!) Lost Sailor> Saint of Circumstance!!! (Trey Shredding!) West LA Fadeaway (YEOZAH, THIS is when Bruce & Trey really started drivin' the bus...) Foolish Heart (again, Trey shining...)> Drumz / Space!!> Stella Blue> Saturday Night ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ US Blues (Fireworks to orchestral music right after, while Phil was mock-conducting on the side of the stage, classic stuff!!!) Set:2 was thee finest COMPLETE SET from any all the shows so far for me... Santa Clara included... the Pre-Drumz was WELL over an hour... the 1st set was really good, not so earth shattering... all-in-all 7.3 was a more consistent show in comparison start to finish, but MAN July 4th Set:2 has some epic musical moments, fo sho... hope this is helpful & motivates all on the fence about tomorrow to git off da fence!!! ♤
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Lazy DayzSummer Time and the Living's Easy? in no particular order Beat It Down the Line Promised Land Big River Cold Rain & Snow China Cat Sunflower I Know You Rider Estimated Prophet Not Fade Away Going Down the Road (dirty & dusty / or paved and pruned) Touch of Gray Just a few thoughts this Sunday morning
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 7 months

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Said the same thing to my missus last nite-saw all the bands since 95-loved em all-but these shows were real Grateful Dead-with a passionate creative lead voice filling the space and leading the proceedings-I remember Warren being low in the mix and a little tepid in 09-Trey shoulda been un the Jerry chair all along! (probably wouldn't have loved it as much if he was!)
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Anyone know who is playing the music before the show, intermissions and after show. Some great head music.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Zappy - My sentiments exactly, brother! I too have trekked the same road as you back to the days of old. It is a struggle to see these final shows. I would like to add a couple of names to your awesome list of suitable Garcia alternates (and I love all of yours)....Warren Haynes and Jackie Greene. Maybe Phil and Bob didn't want someone who would take the spotlight off of them?!?The Music Never Stopped! Peace!
user picture

Member for

17 years

Would someone please post the setlist from 7/3 ?(and bear with me if I overlooked it :)
user picture

Member for

12 years 1 month

Set:1Box Of Rain Jack Straw Bertha> Passenger The Wheel> Crazy Fingers Music Never Stopped Set:2 Mason's Children! Scarlet Begonias> Fire On The Mountain> Drumz> New Potato Caboose> Playin in the Band> Space> Let It Grow> Help On The Way> Slipknot!> Franklin's ~~~~~~~~~~~ Ripple w/ Bobby on Acoustic guitar & to the cat who is pining for John K. & dissing Trey... ...get outta the forest & hear thee originality of the trees!!! JK cops JG in every way... nothing original there... if you dig that true cover band sound, rock on, holmes... gimme originality EVERYDAY & we're getting just that here in Chitown, baby!!! keep doin u, Trey... ♤ oh yea, Not Fade Away opener tonight!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

fdanova - Thank you! It's nice to know that I'm not alone on this. Your 2 additions (Jackie Greene and Warren Haynes) for Garcia alternates are great & should have been included in my list. Your statement seems like it might be the honest truth - Maybe Phil and Bob didn't want someone who would take the spotlight off of them!!! Let my inspiration flow - Keep on Keepin' on
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 4 months

Uncle Johns Band / We Bid You Good Night!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

O my GODS, are you hearing this? Epiphany. HEY TOM BANJO --- it's time to MATTER!!!!! You matter.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I hear you, and I'm hearing this! Followed by Throwing Stones.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

That was a fkin' great set, and Mountains of the Moon was simply amazing. I was sitting here dumbfounded, mouth open, kicking myself now for not going to Chicago.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

I have been listening to all of the shows, although I haven't heard them all in full, Listening to the first three songs tonight, I'm currently streaming this show from xm radio and in my opinion they are sounding the best on tonight on this lAst night.. The china>rider was quite tasty with some solid lead by trey, band sounds great, really comming into form here and playing with a new level of comftorability that is taking the music furthur..band is tight, into estimated prophet, still soaring nice...where it goes from here I don't know, but so far can't ask for a better start to this epic finale!! China>rider>estimated...anyone on the fence about buying this show, allow me to make the decision for you, this is the surely gearing up to be the best single show of the series.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

After the 1st nite of Santa Clara, I was a little worried..... But man they have found a groove.... Surpassed all my expectations..... Never been a fan of phish, never will, but what a beautiful job trey is doing.... All with a smile on his face.... Mad respect...... It's a very emotional nite..... Enjoy the 2nd set friends...... And thank you...... For a real good time!!!!
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

I only detected some slight trepidation at the beginning of China (to be expected, opening tune and all) and then again for the beginning of Estimated. Apart from that, the entire first set was completely dialed in. Very impressed.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

"Let Trey Sing" Touche, Bobby ;)
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

It's been a long strange wonderful trip. Began for me in 1967 when I saw their picture in Time magazine in an article on hippies and the summer of love. I was a 13 year old kid in Evansville Indiana. Bought their first album upon its release and they've pretty much been the only band that mattered for me since. First saw them in 1972. Last show was 1994. Fare thee well and thank you. God bless this WONDERFUL country. Birthplace of the Grateful Dead and home of the greatest tribe ever...Deadheads.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Too funny.That was awesome.:)
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Days Between....Beautiful
user picture

Member for

9 years

....over here in Austria i watched the stream starting at 02am in the morning and i`m still awake, don`t wanna go to sleep , i`m still up there in the stars. Thanx GD for that trip tonight. A beautiful , tear driving gig , very emotional for me. And yes , Jerry is missed but Trey set his own footprint to the legacy and yes Bob and Phil did sing very fine , they nailed it.Thanx from Austria and love to all.....
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/fare-thee-well-complete-box-july-3-4-5-2015.html