• 1,104 replies
    admin
    The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
    Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.
    Individually numbered, limited edition of 20,000

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
    Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
    Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • facedancechallenge
    Default Avatar
    This Blog is really awesome.You can checkout latest application for Android and iOS calledFace Challenge App.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on the links, it's the digital equivalent of brown acid
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on any of their links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer. Don't click on the links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    But I speculate that babu1000 is the same spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Bluray now comes on cassettes?
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it!(On down the line)
  • icecrmcnkd
    Your English sucks.Move on scammer.
  • BertDert
    Default Avatar
    The Wall of Sound advent calendar day 3 shows the FTW blu-ray set (along with its original price) as the sale item but the item page has the DVD set as the one on sale. What gives?!?
user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 10 months

The trip from Australia was worth it for the final night alone. The China>Rider set the tone for the whole night. Crowd singing Not Fade Away was the perfect ending for The Grateful Dead. God bless you all, and please...be kind ;)
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

After all the doubts coming in Trey and the rest of the band really shined in what they were able to do in such a short amount of time. It was definitely a fitting finale, now let there be songs to fill the air.
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

So, does anyone else think that this box will include a disc each night of Neal Casal's set break music? That would be excellent filler but I think I read an article last week that said they did not plan on releasing the music for public sale until all of the positive feedback of the SC shows.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I do think that is what the 4th disc is for, and what they showed on the screens will be included on the video discs.
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

Well, so much for guessing the guests - a big "nada!" I had been hoping for Donna Jean on a couple tunes and at least a cameo by Robert Hunter, but I guess this really was all about the "core four." Needless to say, no one guessed "zero" and "nobody," so I'll roll the prize(s) over to another contest in the future. So, farewell to "Fare Thee Well." Some great moments in those 5 shows. In the meantime, life goes on. And the music never stopped.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

@dantian Man, I became a head all over again during that "Mountains of the Moon", so good. Phil really gave the tune heart and soul. Speaking of heart and soul, the Space was so gentle and tender, and the Unbroken Chain out of Space and into Days Between, that just warmed and broke my heart. That sequence was very beautiful. While expecting some risks, or "special" occurrences, I am really glad they did not try to make something out of the ordinary out of the show. They did what they needed to do while doing exactly what they do, and I am grateful.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

9 CDs for Chicago 6 for Santa Clara 3 Blus for Chicago 2 for Santa Clara 1 for the soundchecks 1 for the bonus material no one will watch twice, like the envelope sorting vid and whatnot. Keep the price the same!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

Fare Thee well is over....looks like most of the "Best of Fare Thee Well" double CD should come from 7/3/15. Give us: Box, Bertha, Jack Straw, Loser, Scarlet>Fire, Terrapin etc.... NOW, it's time for the DP#15 news, all signs point to 1981 w/an extra disc.....should they have info out this week!?!?!?
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

hey.. a sincere thank you for the repeated contests and periodic, unpredictable comic relief and mayhem. I realize part of this is standard PR, but I like that the prizes are meaningful and it is being done on these threads. Congrats mbarilla, jimjohn and Syracuse.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Are the Santa Clara shows going to be released? It looks like the Fare Thee Well pre-orders are for the Chicago shows only. Anyone else surprised by the 4th of July 2nd set list? It looked a little less robust than the other four shows. Kind of like they did two 1st sets. DaP 15 - I like the idea someone mentioned of another show from around the same time as the 1980 Nassau show. Agree 100% on the quality of Jack Straw on that one. I find Dead Set to be a very nice companion to that Nassau collection. If DaP is not from 1980, I would request one that people were talking about before the Fare Thee Well hoopla, which is January / February 1979. That would be great if there's a good show somewhere in there. If the performance is on, the setlist from Feb 3rd looks awesome, especially with 3rd disc filler from Feb 4th, the next night: 2/3/79 (not sure why From the Heart of Me is listed in both sets): Promised Land Candyman Mama Tried Mexicali Blues Brown-Eyed Women China Cat Sunflower I Know You Rider New Minglewood Blues Stagger Lee From the Heart of Me Music Never Stopped Scarlet Begonias Fire on the Mountain From the Heart of Me Estimated Prophet Eyes of the World drums The Other One Wharf Rat I Need a Miracle Casey Jones One More Saturday Night Disc 3: Filler from 2/4/79: Mississippi Half-Step Franklin's Tower Peggy-O Cassidy Shakedown Street Samson and Delilah Terrapin Station
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Darn I was gonna say none.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Mickey blew my mind last night. Calling on the Gods, "We are moving on!" The guest appearance happened on 6/27/15 with the rainbow during Viola Lee Blues. And of course we saw Sikiru Adepoju in Califas. "And the whistle is screamin, TERRAPIN!"
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

Thanks for the kind words. "I realize part of this is standard PR, but I like that the prizes are meaningful and it is being done on these threads." Actually, no PR involved - just me giving out stuff from my collection. I'm just another "head" like everyone else on here. No affiliation with the band, Rhino, etc. I like to keep things fun when folks are waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for announcements, or looking forward to some event. I must admit that I also enjoy messing with people's heads on occasion! Anyway, I'm off to parts unknown. Seems there was a break-in at the vault and I'm being framed for it. Here we go again. Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Digitize the 16 individual tracks from Europe 72 reels so it can be mixed at the venue, hologram the whole band from that era and take it on the road.
user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

omg, could you imagine that? If they could resurrect the Grateful Dead from 1972 in hologram format? There may be a day, some day. They seem to have done it in two dimensions with Schwarzenegger in the new Terminator...you just never know. Love Jerry - I'm on board with 2/3/79 + filler from 2/4. There are a ton of great songs from that era in your song list, Shakedown Street not least of all, since there aren't too many versions with Keith and Donna. It would certainly be a unique release, as there is nothing available in any series from that period.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

"Anyway, I'm off to parts unknown. Seems there was a break-in at the vault and I'm being framed for it."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

...and for keeping it cool. A lot of local Deadheads I know had friends crashed out all over their houses. Seemed just like the old days. I was lucky enough to have my son come in from L.A., and I think he would have come in to visit even if his old man didn't promise him one of the Friday night tickets! Maybe. I'm sorry for the people-moving logistics we all encountered: the herding of the crowd north of Soldier Field like cattle into a corral Friday night (I don't know if it was the same Saturday and Sunday - after Friday, I exited the south end the next two days just to avoid it); the interminable lines for trains and buses even after the City begged everyone to use public transit; cab drivers negotiating inflated prices even for short trips (I waved one off last night after he wanted 3 times the normal fare just to go to the north loop). The "City that Works" works, just sometimes not too well. But everyone handled it with aplomb, and the Dead crowd was just too positive to let it get them down. We could use a lot more of that here. I'm sure everyone has their own thoughts about the shows, but to me, and I've been doing this for 39 years, they played what they wanted, how they wanted and so they went out the way they have always played, and what could be more appropriate? I was sure we were going to see Warren last night (Gov't Mule played in Milwaukee the night before) and thought maybe we'd even see Donna. Didn't happen, nevermind, we still got what we got and it was outstanding. All last week and during the weekend, for whatever reason these things get stuck in my head, I was dying for them to play Deep Elem. Didn't happen, nevermind, we still got what we got and it was outstanding. No Sugar Magnolia, no He's Gone, no Dylan tunes all weekend? Nevermind, we still got what we got and it was outstanding. We also got what I've always believed was one of the (many) things the Dead do best - they can take a song that, well sure, you like it but never would have listed it among your "favorites," and turn it into the best thing you've ever heard. For me, this weekend, that was West L.A. Fadeaway on Saturday night - they nailed it from the first note, and I will never, in my mind, hear that song the same way again. If they were still playing it this afternoon, I'd still be dancing to it. You know what I mean. Thank you all for making it a memorable weekend. If you were here, I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did, and Godspeed in your travels. If you weren't able to join us, be assured that the Dead were as they always have been, so you've been there before! Invite some friends over, open some cold ones, fire one up, put on one of your favorite live shows, sit out on the back porch, and crank up the volume. The bathroom lines will be much shorter and you won't have to stick anything down your sock to hide it from the security patdown!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

My friend stopped by the concert at Soldier Field and picked up Fare Thee Well T-Shirts from the official Rhino bus ultimately paying $180 for three shirts, at $60 per T-Shirt. I never asked him WHERE THEY MADE THEM, good old USA??? Doubt it. I avoided the Siruis XM broadcasts and went and saw Terminator instead, not as good as Drums and Space but my head was ringing anyway from all the explosions and watching the Golden Gate meet its demise was kinda cathartic. The reviews are IN! Haters Rejoice! "Lack of chemisty and hour-long intermissions." http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-grateful-dead-revie…
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

..well, that makes it even more special. Thanks again.. I think its great what you are doing, and I think I speak for a lot of us, its fun, the prizes are special and meaningful and we sincerely appreciate it. Even if your clues require supercomputers to crack. Thank you.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Anyone else spot Perry Farrell in the webcast, during 1st set?
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Any word on if the Santa Clara shows will ever be released? They were just as much a part of this event as the Chicago shows! Seems like they're getting snubbed a bit?
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Just returned from the 'as live' showing here in the UK. All of 8 people in the audience but we all enjoyed it nonetheless. Interesting to note that they joined the two sets seamlessly with none of the hour long interval. Sound in the cinema was awesome. Highlight for me was Mountains of the Moon. In reply to fourwindsblow about DaP15 - yes please! That would make two releases from shows I've attended, the other the forthcoming Paris show from 1990 in the new box set. I heard though that the tapes from the Europe shows from 1981 are far from perfect.
user picture

Member for

12 years

so, me & my Crue (nearly 20 of us!!!) were in the pit, on Trey's side (there was a split in the pit for the camera) directly in front of the soundboard, right on the rail of the divider... Bolo24's contest should've included Famous Fan Sightings... i'm faaaaaar from a starf*cker, but all of these folks walked right past all of us: Perry Farrell, Woody Harrelson, Mike Gordon, John Mayer & BILL MURRAY!! (Walton doesn't count, he's like their freakin mascot!)and shout out to: Reijo, Thin, jrf68, Brokedowndude, Space, matchewy, rv3, JimInMD, MLavallee, JonJ11, dantian, 4evergr8ful, eebee, elbow49, purpleerik69, & THE COLONEL (great post, thank you!!) & all others for their positive contributions & more importantly, good vibes about this little escapade we all had airs of trepidation about... they delivered :~]_ ♤ they know our love will not fade away... AND!!!!!!! special shout out to Rory "mBarilla" it was a blast meeting you f2f, sharing stories, Unbroken Chain>Days Between(!!) & ummm, other stuff was a blast, well worth escaping the pit b4 drumz & trekking waaay up to 433 to hang... friends for life, enjoy my final show stub... SORRY we missed u Syracuse78, was a long long crazy crazy night!
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Agree, that was a special moment for me too. Speaking of taking risks, I was pretty convinced for a few minutes there at the end of Estimated that they were venturing into unchartered territory, but alas, it was not to be. But like you said, they did what they needed to do, gave a solid show, and went out in style. I'm very grateful.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Was Katy Perry with them? My nephews wife knows the head of security and he told her all he did all weekend was hang out with Katy John and Woody.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 11 months

The boys did both Sugar Magnolia and He's Gone in Santa Clara...to my knowledge, the only tune they repeated over all five shows was Truckin, which was much livelier in Chicago than as the opening night opener in SC
user picture

Member for

12 years

Truckin & Cumberland were thee only repeated tunes within the 5 shows...
user picture

Member for

13 years 10 months

Even though I'm from Chicago and have occasionally been to Soldier Field, I found it really hard to navigate. The stadium is split in two, and some sections are hard to find. Saw a high school friend/acquaitance I hadn't seen in 35 years (!) at intermission and it so was freakin' hard to find our section we missed the fireworks and half of Truckin'. I did not handle that like the mature adult I am... Anyway, it would have been fun to meet up, but in some cases, was very hard to do.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

There seems something wrong...the songs will fit 2 discs only per show...so will they say Santa Clara will now be included which I hoped for anyway with dvds of the shows...your definitely not going to be able to make july 3rd, 4th and 5th into 4 CD shows...I don't know if they got a lot of rehearsals recorded on those days or not but they never said that anyway...so we're really up in the air on this...I pre-ordered this not really wanting to cancel it but I would like some response on how they're going to fill out the content...obviously it's not sold out as it's still available for purchase.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I just wish they'd announce what the next dave's picks is going to be soon. for some reason with all this chicago buisness going on i think one of them is going to be from the chicago shows from '95. but i could be wrong. just so long as its not from 79 or 80-81. those shows from that era always sound so rinky dink and flat. i wish '68 would get more releases. also we still have two more shows from '75. 6/17/75 as a dave's picks and 3/23/75 as filler(apparently its only one set of a show) would be a nice release.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Like Frank, went to see the cinema broadcast in our local theatre last night. I don't know where Frank was but I was in Lowestoft in the UK, and similarly, there were sadly only about ten people there. In fact, when I arrived about fifteen minutes before the start of the broadcast, there was only one other person there. So it was difficult to generate a lot of atmosphere, given the theatre probably holds at least 500 when full. Nevertheless, the show was terrific, and having not watched all of the earlier shows, but read some of the comments on various sites, I thought Trey was really terrific. Clearly enjoying himself, pealing off some nice runs and licks, and certainly taking a full part in proceedings. Clearly he's not Jerry, so comparisons are pointless, but given the situation (and that this was never going to be like 1973, '74, etc), I thought the whole show was probably better than we had the right to expect. Proof of the pudding, as they say in the UK: the audience vibe looked fantastic. Maybe I will buy the box after all...!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I saw the "live" broadcast in a 580-seat movie theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark, with about 85 other local deadheads. I also checked reservations for the broadcast in Aarhus (another Europe '72 venue), there was a turnout of 60 - 70. Pretty good attendance, IMO. Still blown away by Mountains, Unbroken Chain, Drums, Althea, etc. Hopefully we'll see Trey appearing with some of the 'boys' later. It would be a shame to let all that rehearsal time and talent go to waste.
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

I saw the as live broadcast in Cambridge, uk. There was about 150 people there and we were all transfixed. There was spontaneous applause between the songs and even dancing in the aisles. (Though possibly during a 3 and half hours show, this was middle aged men queuing for the toilet struggling with bladder pressure...) It was a great show. Can't afford to buy the box yet as I'm still recovering from the 30 trips order the missus still knows nothing about. Still, as a wise man nearly once said: 'you can change your wife. You can't change your favourite band...' Am I alone in hoping they change their minds and play some more shows?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Went to the screening of the final Dead show at the FACT cinema in Liverpool - packed out and at the end people dancing happily - with a tinge of sadness - great show and the band had a lot of energy - first g0t into the Dead in late 1967/1968 and first saw them at the Hollywood Festival (UK) in 1970 - where the hell in a bucket did the years go!
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

A very small world indeed. The wife and i were at Fact in Liverpool last night too. What a killer evening...the band nailed it and Bobby was fresh and powerful. I was made up Trey got some serious applause too. The show was incredible and the people dancing down front by the cinema screen just made it for me. Thank you, for a real good time....INDEED !. Ian.
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

A few of us saw the final show yesterday evening at cinema in Split, Croatia. It was amazing! We're so proud that we were a tiny part of this monumental event!
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

If they were smart, they would provide some insight on how they plan to fill the CD's/DVD's sometime soon in addition to the setlists provided above. Now that the shows have come and gone.. and you can do the math and realize these weren't 5 hour shows (intermission removed), its time to find out more or less how they plan to fill the discs. It looks to me like the # of CD's/DVDs are somewhat baked into the price and expectations set for people making a purchasing decision. They must have known this when the announcement was made and pricing was decided upon. Right? ..also, great to see it packaged as CD/DVD. Would be great to see a video offering w/ Jerry in the band again too. My hopes are on a Beat Club / Tivoli Gardens combo with some Chateau d'Herouville filler mixed in. Parts of these shows exist on film and there's good soundboard recordings to back em up. If not now, then when? 75th aniv? These are classics. Edit: I do see the desire to have an audio only soundboard release. The poster who requested that has a valid point.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Bill the Drummer is ready for some more "Music That Never Stopped" http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/final-concert-grateful-dead-bids-farewel… JEFFREY BROWN: Is this really the end of the Grateful Dead? BILL KREUTZMANN: As far as I know. I haven’t seen any more shows… JEFFREY BROWN: So, you’re hedging a little bit? BILL KREUTZMANN: Well, I — because — I will tell why I hedge. You’re very sensitive. You picked that up right away. I would like it to do — to do it more. Between you and me and all your lovely fans, I would like to have a couple more shows on the East Coast.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Went to see the show in The Odeon, Dundee last night only 10 people there! What a great show I thought Trey was superb, as were the rest of the band. My wife commented that she was glad I play so much Dead stuff as she recognised most of the songs What a great night.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Funny, I was going to mail Bolo but figured someone would have beaten me to it. I never win, ever, anything, ever. Well those two spelling bees when I was in elementary school... :) Enough hassle getting this core band up to steam on the material, adding another musician into the mix would be too much. And with that band up on that stage, who could ask for anything more? I was very skeptical at times (and pissed because I was shut out on tickets for both runs of shows!) And really was blown away. There was a sense of urgency there, a real feeling of respect for the material and a desire to honor it that I just haven't felt in a long time. I've enjoyed the post Jerry shows, Other Ones, Furthur, The Dead, etc. but it was always fleeting, this time it's really sticking with me. Can't wait for November, but I'll barely be halfway through the 30th megabox by then anyway!
user picture

Member for

14 years

Now that the shows are over, IT WOULD BE ONLY "FARE" TO THE PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED THE "FARE THEE WELL" BOXSET WITHOUT HESITATION (like Me) TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE on how they plan to OFICIALLY Sell (package) this Boxset. The Shows DO NOT WARRANT 4 CDs (and 7 DVD's for that matter). NO WAY. Is the already OVER-PRICED Box going to have a PRICE ADJUSTMENT??? I think WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW! We absolutely have a right to know! I fear the "The Powers That Be" will Jerk Us Off Again!->like they have been so fond doing since the STUPID 50th Anniversary COUNTDOWN CLOCK of 2014. I also want to put the call out to ALL DEADHEADS to post their dis-satisfaction with them "Keeping Us IN THE DARK'" about the STATUS of their plans for this package. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DEADHEADS "COME TOGETHER" AND UNITE ON THIS MATTER!!! It's the only way. Are we really going to have to wait over 41/2 months to find out what is going with this? Oh yeah, while I'm at it -> DAVE L. How about having your "Seaside Chats" Indoors! The wind is ridiculous! (can't understand a word you are saying) Peace People.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

I'd really like to be able to get all 5 shows but have no use for the vid.Why (besides the $) are these being shoved down our throats? I'm pretty sure there will be bootlegs around. Too bad if I have to get them that way. I guess there will be enough cash coming in here though. Ken
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hey all - some sunshine for you: This great site, NYCtaper, has a policy of only taping and putting up shows for bands that are okay with it (including the recent Wilco set at Solid Sound, whoo hoo!). No money being made, and the vibe is very old-school, respect the band and buy their legal releases, taper vibe. Nice sounding FOB AUDs of the July 3 and 4 shows, with the 5th soon to come. Enjoy: http://www.nyctaper.com/?s=dead
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Anyone going to Lockn in Arrington, VA, in September? I will be there with some of my best Head friends. http://www.locknfestival.com/lineup/schedule-2015.html It's in the Blue Ridge Mountains, near my house. Two Phil sets, one with Santana, Warren, Molo, and Barraco, and the other with Chris Robinson and Neal Casal. Two Mule sets, two Robert Plant sets, a Mad Dogs and Englishmen tribute with Tedeschi/Trucks, Chris Robinson, Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, Dave Mason, etc, Little Feat, the Jayhawks, Jorma and Jack tribute to Jefferson Airplane with Larry Campbell and others...it's looking like a real wang dang doodle!
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Ill be there. Very much looking forward to Robert Plant!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 9 months

Just got back from Chicago. Wasn't going to go to any of the five, but I soon realized I had made a mistake, and decided to hit the last night. I streamed all thee other four previous to Sunday. I would just like to say that I had forgot about the vibe, sitting with other heads and just talking about life and music and the boys. All the other petty crap went away in my head, and we just talked about the music, not the drama, the music. I dont come here much anymore, and I definately dont post anymore. But, I thought I would say something this time, because maybe you remember too, what it felt like before the opening notes, when the boys are noodling and you look up and whisper "China" to your new friend, and the weight of our lives disappears into it all. If you dont want something, dont get it, but be nice, everyone is trying their best. I have seen the Grateful Dead with Jerry, Furthur, The Other Ones, The Dead etc etc.......................Sunday was very special, thank you.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/fare-thee-well-complete-box-july-3-4-5-2015.html