Grateful Dead

Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?

Here and there in the forums people are expressing their enthusiasm for particular candidates in the upcoming U.S. elections, while others are saying Enough Already, We Don't Want To Hear About It.

So, this is the right place to discuss your favorites (or non-favorites) and other matters relevant to the campaign. If you're not into it, skip this topic!

And as for all you non-U.S. residents, if you want a similar topic for what's going on in your part of the world, speak up and I'll start it. Thanks!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
TigerLilly's picture
I wanna care

DannyC. Reread your post from October, and the responses to it. Why'd you ask me in particular? Can you be more specific about your insight into how Deadheads really think?
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain

Hey wow.

Hey wow. I've been meditating on my previous post to the message board last October. The result is, after I've been labeled as meanspirited and paranoid, probably called a few other things, this darkstar isnt putting anymore energy into shows around here and hasnt been. Who cares? Does it really matter? No, do you care? I dont care. Does anyone care. Tigerlily, do you wanna care about any of this? The replies I got were an insight as to how deadheads can really think,feel, act and can be ,generally, towards anyone they are talking with,It doesnt seem to matter who people are. Thats just a heads up.Why should I put any energy into this, when people are like that? The same as anywhere else.Which is what I wanted to say in the first place. I'm not supporting any of this. Who cares. Thats my peace.

marye's picture
brilliant, Mr. P!

a classic...

Mr. Pid's picture
Dead Horses?

Post vote whining is easy to do
But the pols are elected, and chosen by you
McCain and Obama, they dealt different hands
The counting's all over, you know where it stands

Dead horses, they just won't go away
Dead, dead horses, just won't go away

I see that some aren't pleased how it went
Now they've decided they still need to vent
No calm acceptance of the new status quo
It might just be better to just let it go

Dead, dead horses, just won't go away

I know we all dreamed the best for our guy
But only one wins. I'm sure you know why.
The choice has been made. It's time to move on.
Let's just be happy the last clowns are gone.

Dead, dead horses, they'll quiet someday.

Dead, dead horses, they'll quiet someday.

Conversation is always more interesting than recitation, so speak your mind and not someone else's.

Gypsy Cowgirl's picture
Dead Horses

Yay Oroboros-you did very well......but I'm glad that grdaed73 agrees w/ me....this forum has to die.....it's like trying to revive a Dead Horse....well, like Marye says above......I'll just skip over it & be on my merry way! xoxox Gypsy Cowgirl

johnman's picture
gosh, marye

why do you insist on making sense?

marye's picture
freezing this topic

frankly, I'm reluctant to freeze a topic people still want to talk in, particularly when they do so as well as Oroboros just did. I would say, rather, as it says in the topic header, that if you're not into this topic, just let it go by. Thanks!

johnman's picture
heehee

bill clinton, attilla the hun, and st. christopher walk into a bar.........

pkpotter's picture
Very wise words indeed

A beautiful and eloquent post, Oroboros. Those ideals that you layed out are what makes our country, America, a great country and an inspiration to much of the world. I believe you are expressing the hope and dreams the founding fathers put in motion.
America is a work in progress. And the foundation must be strong, as I believe it is, and we must build upon those ideals, and work together to shape this country in order to form a more perfect union. We must unite and realize we are one people, and reach out to each other to both teach and learn, and then we will all grow, and the country will grow.
If you look at the ideals that Oroboros has talked about here, as he said, we are really all in agreement, so the foundation is there.
So let's all work together to build America into a better place brick by brick.
I am happy that we have a leader that has assembled a staff that is from all sides of the spectrum in order to form a more perfect union.

TigerLilly's picture
Absolutely brilliant

post, Oroboros! Fine piece indeed.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you will still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Samuel Clemens

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?