Grateful Dead

Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?

Here and there in the forums people are expressing their enthusiasm for particular candidates in the upcoming U.S. elections, while others are saying Enough Already, We Don't Want To Hear About It.

So, this is the right place to discuss your favorites (or non-favorites) and other matters relevant to the campaign. If you're not into it, skip this topic!

And as for all you non-U.S. residents, if you want a similar topic for what's going on in your part of the world, speak up and I'll start it. Thanks!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
johnman's picture
bravo, marye!!

hear!hear!

TigerLilly's picture
INDEED

marye. You can say that again.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you will still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Samuel Clemens

marye's picture
actually

I'm more offended by the existence of security background checks than by anyone's inability to pass one.

The Chosen One

Has anyone found out yet where the $60 million went that was dowled out for Ayers by the Chosen One? Oh yea, I forgot it went for "educational purposes" and it was such a huge job that Acorn helped him out.

Am I the only one who feels there is something wrong about not being able to pass a security backround check but still qualifying to be president of our country? It's a heavenly miracle! Even Ayers gets a good job!

johnman's picture
guess i'll stir things up a little

instead of being a wiseass. as i stated before the good senator became president-elect i don't trust him, but neither did i trust the mccain camp. having said that, "the demise of the ideals of the founders" almost paraphrases pajak's earlier post but from a different point of view. there is in the works a plan that may very well cause that. i won't, at this time, point to which section of the bill of rights that i'm speaking of, but i will wait and see, however i DO think there are alot of unanswered questions about the soon to be president's agenda.....we'll see.....

pkpotter's picture
Yes, it is an old trick,

Yes, it is an old trick, renewed about 8 years ago and being put to rest as we speak. It seems it created only distrust, conflict, and the demise of the ideals of the founders of this nation. This is a time for rebuilding and I applaud Hal for his part in upholding these ideals at this time.
peace, pk

johnman's picture
i dunno

i just thot there should have been more cookies and cake available by now, along with the odd vat of beer thrown in .....um........just because.....(heeheehee)

Gypsy Cowgirl's picture
Propaganda Trick #2

"GIVE me an F- GIVE me an U-GIVE me an C- GIVE me an K-..........What's that spell?????" sorry, guys, love ya, just can't help myself sometimes........nothing left to do...but smile, smile, smile.....xoxox Gypsy Cowgirl, alias revolutionary grandma?

Mr. Pid's picture
Not only a propaganda trick

It's also an old marketing trick. It even has an acronym: FUD
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
Used widely in IT marketing. IBM used to rely on it heavily.

Conversation is always more interesting than recitation, so speak your mind and not someone else's.

cosmicbadger's picture
grrrrr

SUPERHAL!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?